Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK

1789101113»

Comments

• Went OK for a week. Currently rather slow with downloads <1mb/s

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 435.00 KB/s (108) 10.08 MB/s (157)
    Write 448.00 KB/s (112) 10.38 MB/s (162)
    Total 883.00 KB/s (220) 20.47 MB/s (319)
  • @fabwa said:
    Went OK for a week. Currently rather slow with downloads <1mb/s

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 435.00 KB/s (108) 10.08 MB/s (157)
    Write 448.00 KB/s (112) 10.38 MB/s (162)
    Total 883.00 KB/s (220) 20.47 MB/s (319)

You must be running on the temporary thumb drives

• kuticonkuticon Member
    edited September 2023

The storage node is down now. @Calin please take a look at it.

Updated: it's back now. Lol.

• my VPS is down.
    Can't even ping it

• My VM has been down for 46min .

• the VPS seems running, SSH access still fine. But network has some problems I think. Can't even ping google.com. Lol.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello , sorry for this downtime , recently a bad person start give DDoS attacks in this VLAN where we hosted storage server

Regards

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@Calin said: bad person start give DDoS attacks in this VLAN

He is not bad, just not well intended :smile:

Did you manage to isolate the issue?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • lorianlorian Member
    edited September 2023

Looks like the ROA for 109.122.221.0/24 was withdrawn by @IPXO , so currently the net is offline for every RPKI filtering ISP.
    https://rpki.cloudflare.com/?view=validator&amp;validateRoute=9050_109.122.221.0/24
    https://lg.ring.nlnog.net/prefix?saved=fqIAMnQjcE

@lorian said: Looks like the ROA for 109.122.221.0/24 was withdrawn by @IPXO , so currently the net is offline for every RPKI filtering ISP.

Hello , yes that it's correctly , don't know exactly why every time happened this , I'm have more subnets on @IPXO and that happened on approx 3 subnets in last 6 months

I'm announcement IPXO last night and I'm waiting replay from this

Regards

• always out-of-stock

All back to work

• @Calin said:

@lorian said: Looks like the ROA for 109.122.221.0/24 was withdrawn by @IPXO , so currently the net is offline for every RPKI filtering ISP.

Hello , yes that it's correctly , don't know exactly why every time happened this , I'm have more subnets on @IPXO and that happened on approx 3 subnets in last 6 months

I'm announcement IPXO last night and I'm waiting replay from this

Regards

FTR: ROA is back again since 2023-09-20 16:31:37 (GMT)

Thanked by 1Calin
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Calin status server said:
    The connection to uptime.ihostart.com has timed out

• These plans were superb. I managed to get one 4.5TB plan and I am satisfied with the performance after the initial hiccups were over(regarding the /storage partition). I wish I would also have bought 3x 9TB plan like @costcotravel at that time. That would be 27TB at $30/month. Now, 28TB is $40/month, but I believe this is sustainable for Calin. Frankly speaking, my credit card limit(which I used for paypal) was low at that time. I have only increased it last month.
    Nevertheless, thank you @Calin for such low cost storage. Guess, will upgrade to some higher plan in future.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • I also get a good experience (after the first week of ZFS problem). Waiting for the next batch delivery. @Calin Thank you for the sleepless nights. Lol.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Weird. Now my storage VPS from @Calin has results almost identical to the disk in my @c1vhosting storage VPS. The VPS is on but disk performance is ridiculously crappy. And both originally had way better speed.

I'm wondering whether some asshole dealer sells/sold a ton of the same crappy disks to whatever cheap provider took them... (and both took them) ...

Thanked by 1c1vhosting

@jsg said: Weird. Now my storage VPS from @Calin has results almost identical to the disk in my @c1vhosting storage VPS. The VPS is on but disk performance is ridiculously crappy. And both originally had way better speed.

>

Yes lot of people re-mount /storage partition , in next hours start back more better

Regards

• @Calin Please have a look at ticket #XGL-856048 , re-install OS and mount HDD

• very slow network speed now, not usable.