Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK

Comments

• Even the website panel.ihostart.com is also down...

• mghtmght Member

Six hours down! And no mail notification or explanation! Never experienced before!

• TeoMTeoM Member

Some idiots run torrents and crash the whole io.

• Down for 9 hours, VPS is not starting. The Proxmox logs when I try to start my VPS manually:

zfs error: cannot open 'STOR-1-ZFS': no such pool

TASK ERROR: could not activate storage 'STOR-1-ZFS', zfs error: cannot import 'STOR-1-ZFS': no such pool or dataset

• @koly1 said:
    Down for 9 hours, VPS is not starting. The Proxmox logs when I try to start my VPS manually:

TASK ERROR: could not activate storage 'STOR-1-ZFS', zfs error: cannot import 'STOR-1-ZFS': no such pool or dataset

the storage pool is simply not there. They're transfering all data from the ZFS pool to another LVM pool. Some hundreds of TB of data...

• I, for one, am willing to cut @Calin some slack and give him time to stabilize the system.

However, ihostart should seriously consider resetting everyone's VPS "start date" to a time after these issues are resolved. We really shouldn't be charged during the current period.

• This thread is hilarious

• KrisKris Member

Starting to keep I may keep my rsync.net storage account instead of migrating here.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello everyone , sorry for confusion , we were migrating to LVM partitions, because ZFS was rebooting non-stop we decided to migrate directly to LVM Regarding the website, I recently made some updates to WHMCS and cloudlinux after reboot grub loader broke down and now we move data manually, unfortunately rescue mode from OVH does not work to do.zip files, I do not know why, so we move files manually and it takes longer than I would have expected

regards

Thanked by 2kuticon ps20090

About the downtimes from last weeks on storage VPS , after VPSs it's stable , after this migration , invoice start from this perion + 14 free days add

Very sorry again for this , I would never have expected such a hassle about these VPS Storage

• @Calin said:
    About the downtimes from last weeks on storage VPS , after VPSs it's stable , after this migration , invoice start from this perion + 14 free days add

Very sorry again for this , I would never have expected such a hassle about these VPS Storage

Lol that sounds good. I don't have any data on the VPS anyway. But please keep us updated. Thank you.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

SSH connection attempt: timed out

When will my - payed for a year in advance - VPS be working again? Preferably for more than some hours?

• Thank you @Calin
    I paid for the entertainment, not the VPS. I don't care what happens to it.

• @Moopah said:
    Thank you @Calin
    I paid for the entertainment, not the VPS. I don't care what happens to it.

:D :D This is definitely what we call "low-end" .

• This is low low low low low low low low end. lol

• Since the beginning of this week I've been trying to cancel my order since all their original emails went to Gmail spam and I missed the email about what operating system to install (why not just install one and fix it if the customer needs something else?) and it was never setup.

As of today this is the status of my continued attempts to get a refund:

• gaty67gaty67 Member
    edited August 2023

@Calin don't know why you are complicating things too much by yourself. if you want to play with so big storage zfs over proxmox is like a nightmare. consider truenas zfs or ceph clustering and make things little simpler. if you need any help do dm or you can also take help from 45 drive team and use their storinator and inhouse software ,they master in storage servers.

Thanked by 1costcotravel
  • Thanked by 2ps20090 niknar1900
  • mghtmght Member

@Calin Could you tell us how long this migration will last approximately?

• @2bluesc said:
    As of today this is the status of my continued attempts to get a refund:

I contacted them through the email in paypal to apply for a refund, but I still haven't replied in the past 2 days

Thanked by 12bluesc
  • KuYeHQKuYeHQ Member
    edited August 2023

I contacted them through the email in paypal to apply for a refund, but I still haven't replied in the past 2 days

If a refund is not agreed by the end of the week, I will file a dispute the following Monday,best wishes
    PP Transaction ID
    9HA2517907602215D

Thanked by 12bluesc

@KuYeHQ said: If a refund is not agreed by the end of the week, I will file a dispute the following Monday,best wishes

Hello , after website back from mentenance please open ticket on website , and we give you refund

Regards

Thanked by 1KuYeHQ

@mght said: @Calin Could you tell us how long this migration will last approximately?

>

In next 3 days we finish this migration

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1mght
  • @KuYeHQ said:

@KuYeHQ I have have a ticket for a refund before the panel went down and still nothing..

• Guys why you want a refund now if it's fixed and you get 3 free weeks? :))

@wii747 said: @KuYeHQ I have have a ticket for a refund before the panel went down and still nothing..

>

Hello , coming soon replay on this tickets , right now we are little bit overloaded and only tickets with problems I'm replay

edited September 2023

A small update about inside of work , we waiting migration from ZFS to LVM we test in same time new lot of HDDs , because today we receive 50x new 14 TB HDDs

50x 14 TB

We right now own 1.2 PB of data

we try our best to solve problems with these current packages, but after we solve these problems, there will add on stock many VPS Storage of monthly price at the price of only 1 euro per TB, we try that in the next 12-16 months to build a total of 5 PB of data and put these servers to colocation

Thank you to everyone who trusts iHostART and went through all these adventures with us, I never thought I would own this amount of PBs

Regards,
    Calin

• @Calin said:
    A small update about inside of work , while migrating from ZFS to LVM, today I received a new batch of HDDs

50x 14 TB

We right now own 1.2 PB of data

we try our best to solve problems with these current packages, but after we solve these problems, there will appear many VPS of monthly storage at the price of only 1 euro per TB, we try that in the next 12-16 months to build a total of 5 PB of data and put these servers to colocation

Thank you to everyone who trusts iHostART and went through all these adventures with us, I never thought I would own this amount of PBs

Regards,
    Calin

I love the adventures! I can't wait to be part of Season 2: Calin's Adventures with ZFS

Thanked by 1koly1

@Moopah said: I love the adventures! I can't wait to be part of Season 2: Calin's Adventures with ZFS

>

No no , never season 2 , we put this servers in colocation coming soon , and we fixed problems about downtimes , network , maintenance etc..

Regards

• @Calin said:

@Moopah said: I love the adventures! I can't wait to be part of Season 2: Calin's Adventures with ZFS

>

No no , never season 2 , we put this servers in colocation coming soon , and we fixed problems about downtimes , network , maintenance etc..

Regards

Have an update @Calin ?