Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

60$/yr VPS Storage KVM/4.5 TB Storage/1 GB DDr4/1core/Ignore DMCA/1x IPv4/Crypto or PP/Only 72 STOCK

Comments

• lxrlxr Member
    edited August 2023

Hello @Calin ,

Better but not really "good" :
    (/data is on /dev/sdb with LVM)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@lorian said:

@kuticon said:
    disk speed is fixed at 8MB/s

Which is way to low. Would be nice to be able to write backups with at least 100MBit/s (12MB/s) and restore them with full port speed (200MBit/s / 24MB/s).

Yeah, right. And @Calin doesn't even give us 4.5 TB of NVMe but only HDD. Also no GPU acceleration. For a fiver a month.

If you think that the disk performance is way too low you're free to buy from another provider - and pay a multiple of what one pays at Calin.

@lxr said:
    Hello @Calin ,

Better but not really "good" : [image]

'conv=fdatasync' has advantages but it also tells the OS to do it slooowly.

Thanked by 1koly1
  • @jsg said:

@lorian said:

@kuticon said:

Which is way to low. Would be nice to be able to write backups with at least 100MBit/s (12MB/s) and restore them with full port speed (200MBit/s / 24MB/s).

Yeah, right. And @Calin doesn't even give us 4.5 TB of NVMe but only HDD. Also no GPU acceleration. For a fiver a month.

I don't know how you configure your RAID5/6, but I normaly get read-speeds of 300MB/s upwards and even a single disk can handle 120MB/s write-wise.

So 24MB/s read- and 12MB/s write-wise are more than reasonable.

• VPS is completely down.

• Seems better last two days. :D

Uptime: 2 days 16 hours 23 minutes 33 seconds

• and1and1 Member

/storage is completely dead, can't even execute a "ls" command

• ping 109.122.xxx.xxx
    PING 56 data bytes
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 4

• lxrlxr Member

@and1 said:
    /storage is completely dead, can't even execute a "ls" command

same here

iowait stuck at 100% since i've launched 'fdisk'

• o:) I can't connect to my server again

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited August 2023

@nullptr said:
    o:) I can't connect to my server again

Seems like it's down again;

https://uptime.ihostart.com/report/uptime/e91598904c79c0f4ac6b5c2a2851e715/

edit: and we're back

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello , all back to work

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 2nullptr lxr
  • vps is working again now.
    But speed on the storage partition is again bad on my end, while it was improved in the past few days

any yabs? @sawaguna

• @Calin said:
    any yabs? @sawaguna

Well... I can't connect to the vps.
    ssh connection time out.
    seems to be down again

• And it’s down again

• I applied for a refund on the ticket, can you reply me?

• I'll probably do the same too. It's just not usable.

I installed docker with nginx reverse proxy (on the 20gig drive, not the storage one).
    Can't even keep it up for more than 1 minute. The config just corrupt itself, without doing anything.
    And it used to work up until now.

• jackalbloodjackalblood Member
    edited August 2023

Yep I think it's time to request a refund I just can't complete a single full backup.

EDIT

@Calin Website is down also so I cannot open a ticket please pm me so I can request a refund thank you

• I have requested for a refund too as it is too unstable. Panel website is down as well!

@wii747 said: I have requested for a refund too as it is too unstable. Panel website is down as well!

>

Hello , we make small security updates to new versions of plugins , coming soon back online

Thanks!

• @Calin said:

@wii747 said: I have requested for a refund too as it is too unstable. Panel website is down as well!

>

Hello , we make small security updates to new versions of plugins , coming soon back online

Thanks!

Thanked by 2niknar1900 asdatasd

@lorian said:

@jsg said:

@lorian said:

@kuticon said:

I don't know how you configure your RAID5/6, but I normaly get read-speeds of 300MB/s upwards and even a single disk can handle 120MB/s write-wise.

So 24MB/s read- and 12MB/s write-wise are more than reasonable.

Same here - but: Not on a VM with dozens of other VMs stressing the disks too.

• vps is up
    but the storage partition is totally down. Can't even do a simple 'ls' on it.

• and1and1 Member

@sawaguna said:
    vps is up
    but the storage partition is totally down. Can't even do a simple 'ls' on it.

Can confirm, storage is again unusable :/

• Down again whole vps

@and1 said: Can confirm, storage is again unusable

>

Hello we work right now put back to work , we waiting for delivery new 700 TB HDDs , and build new node for migrate all VMs from ZFS Partitions to LVM Partitions,temporary unfortunately happened this downtimes

Regards

edited August 2023

FWIW: My VPS is up and reachable and the large partition works fine,

... but ...

@Calin

Do you want to drive me away? You really need to stop experimenting! We bought a product from you and that i.a. means that you don't reboot our VPS twice a week.

Thanked by 1sh97

@jsg said: Do you want to drive me away? You really need to stop experimenting! We bought a product from you and that i.a. means that you don't reboot our VPS twice a week.

>

At the moment we have test servers, the problem on production node is I/O instability so need to reboot the server to work normally again

• @Calin I'd like to request a refund but the site is down how best to contact you for this. Thank you

Since 4hr 41min ago

It's down again o:)