Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Banned from Hosthatch - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Banned from Hosthatch

124

Comments

  • welcome to the banned customer list haha. They don't like anyone asking questions, @dustinc did a great article on LEB on customer service.

  • sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited June 2023

    @plumberg said:

    @sreekanth850 said:

    I'd visited their website and never found a FAQ section. Literally I don't know do's and don't do's. I don't know anything.

    .wow. do's n don't...

    You really do t know? Fact you are saying this makes a really bad statement about you and your intentions...

    Did you check the TOS? (Or AUP?)

    If someone says they don't know what to do and not do, I'd want to stay clear from them.

    Not everyone will be experts like you, or people here who blame OP. What i said is, There are lot of silly doubts that may come into mind due to a bad experience from their previous host. That may include IP change, Plan upgrade, Cancellation etc, If website have a FAQ its convenient for a visitor to take the first decision on if the host can be considered or not. After all the whole business should be for customers and not the opposite way. So yes, whatever possible way if you can educate customer without interacting, that will be better. But every person is entitled to have their own perception and opinion. We are not living in NK. So I respect your opinion.

    Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited June 2023

    Hm.

    If you would like to contribute to this thread, please do so by recommending your provider(s) ✌🏼

    The OP is looking for services in SG, LA and NY.

  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited June 2023

    @DP said: If you would like to contribute to this thread, please do so by recommending your provider(s) ✌🏼

    The OP is looking for services in SG, LA and NY.

    I already did. Just move to other providers! That's simple. Finally there are always providers who gladly answers all your pre-sales questions.

    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3675640/#Comment_3675640

    Thanked by 1mxmla
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

    @febryanvaldo said:

    @DP said: If you would like to contribute to this thread, please do so by recommending your provider(s) ✌🏼

    The OP is looking for services in SG, LA and NY.

    I already did. Just move to other providers! That's simple. Finally there are always providers who gladly answers all your pre-sales questions.

    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3675640/#Comment_3675640

    Ok.

    Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @sreekanth850 said:

    Not everyone will be experts like you, or people here who blame OP. What i said is, There are lot of silly doubts that may come into mind due to a bad experience from their previous host. That may include IP change, Plan upgrade, Cancellation etc, If website have a FAQ its convenient for a visitor to take the first decision on if the host can be considered or not. After all the whole business should be for customers and not the opposite way. So yes, whatever possible way if you can educate customer without interacting, that will be better. But every person is entitled to have their own perception and opinion. We are not living in NK. So I respect your opinion.

    My response was purely based on your comment.. "you don't know what you can do or cannot do"

    Most if not all questions are spelled out (I am mentioning it again as you choose to ignore it) in the TOS/ AUP.

    What should a provider add in faq? Entitled customers will always cry they did not find the answer. So providing a faq is a double edged sword.

    After all the whole business should be for customers and not the opposite way

    Lol. Really your comments Crack me up. Businesses are here for profits. Nothing more.

    A potential customer may be lost in short term if business's feels it may not be in the best interest to serve that customer.

    It's not like provider did not answer questions. They decided to stop the interaction and wished customer good luck. It's a free world.

    Plus it seems more of cultural difference in how you and others perceive this interaction... how much is too many questions to ask or reply is for an individual to decide. Whatever is the commiutcome one needs to respect and move on.

    Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @plumberg said: Businesses are here for profits

    That doesn't need to be defined, any entity unless its incorporated under charitable trust act, it should be for profit. That doesn't need to be explicitly written. My point was, a business should try to make its customer happy and should always try to make your prospect comfortable, this may vary based on founders vision, their objective and their mentality. Again i respect your views, But we both may have different perspective and opinions. One last thought, you don't need to chase profits, its a bye product of happy customers.

  • sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited June 2023

    Plus it seems more of cultural difference in how you and others perceive this interaction... how much is too many questions to ask or reply is for an individual to decide. Whatever is the commiutcome one needs to respect and move on.

    Yes. I agree with this. But I was against saying, OP as a spammer. Nothing against HH, as a private business they have full freedom to choose with whom they want to do business.

    Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @Winny said:
    Been a long time lurker on LET, always heard of horror stories from both the customer and provider end. Never thought i would be one to complain but i just find this completely ridiculous.

    I recently started looking for new providers and being on here ive seen good things said about HH.

    • never been a hh customer
    • never used hh service

    I started by asking presales questions and it ended up with me being banned from using their service.

    Questions i asked were related to their SMTP, Customer support, Network, and backup.

    I even when as far as mentioning what exactly the server will be used for which are business websites.

    Confused to why i was banned, i had a few people look into my messages and everyone came to a same conclusion. They do not see anything wrong with what i sent them ( presales questions). With this i decided to draft a formal apology to see if we could still have the chance of working something out however they decided and confirmed that i was definitely banned from using their services.

    TLDR : asked pre sales questions and got banned for wanting to host business websites on HH

    Anyway im still looking for a provider DM me if you have locations in Singapore and LA/NY

    I got the same issue like you, they ban anyone that they like

  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

    @mekongmmo said:

    @Winny said:
    Been a long time lurker on LET, always heard of horror stories from both the customer and provider end. Never thought i would be one to complain but i just find this completely ridiculous.

    I recently started looking for new providers and being on here ive seen good things said about HH.

    • never been a hh customer
    • never used hh service

    I started by asking presales questions and it ended up with me being banned from using their service.

    Questions i asked were related to their SMTP, Customer support, Network, and backup.

    I even when as far as mentioning what exactly the server will be used for which are business websites.

    Confused to why i was banned, i had a few people look into my messages and everyone came to a same conclusion. They do not see anything wrong with what i sent them ( presales questions). With this i decided to draft a formal apology to see if we could still have the chance of working something out however they decided and confirmed that i was definitely banned from using their services.

    TLDR : asked pre sales questions and got banned for wanting to host business websites on HH

    Anyway im still looking for a provider DM me if you have locations in Singapore and LA/NY

    I got the same issue like you, they ban anyone that they like

    Really? Aren't you the guy who opened 16 fraudulent chargebacks from your bank? "Anyone that they like"

    It's easy to say thing on the internet, harder to back it up with complete evidence (btw, complete evidence was shared with your bank).

  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

    @sreekanth850 said: The said email is published on their website means

    A lot of people email me every day. There is no problem at all with this. I also had no issues with the OP emailing me.

    I had an issue with him emailing me after opening 7 tickets over the course of the past couple of months, all of them are detailed questions, and then emailing me - again, asking detailed questions whose answers can be found with 5 minutes of research - without ever having paid a single penny to us.

    If you have a business that can afford that, I would be happy to find out how you are doing it.

  • I don't know why so many people in this thread are being so obtuse. The OP read about HH promos and searched and read about HH to begin with. He's playing dumb, he isn't as dumb as he's pretending to be.

    Go read HH's promo posts going back to March and before and if you still don't understand the OP is the problem, you're a fucking idiot.

    Anyone can see OP had support expectations well beyond promo pricing offering and HH tried saying this without offending the OP and instead OP Streisand the fucking thing.

    Thanked by 2ahnlak imgmoney
  • @hosthatch said:

    @sreekanth850 said: The said email is published on their website means

    A lot of people email me every day. There is no problem at all with this. I also had no issues with the OP emailing me.

    I had an issue with him emailing me after opening 7 tickets over the course of the past couple of months, all of them are detailed questions, and then emailing me - again, asking detailed questions whose answers can be found with 5 minutes of research - without ever having paid a single penny to us.

    If you have a business that can afford that, I would be happy to find out how you are doing it.

    I never said against the decision you took. I was just pointing about people calling him a spammer.

    Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

    @hosthatch said:
    If you have a business that can afford that, I would be happy to find out how you are doing it.

    • FAQs
    • predefined replies for the most common questions (come on, they are always the same...)
    • answering to emails and tickets, adding that question to FAQs and/or predefined replies.

    I hope this helps.

    Thanked by 2yoursunny loay
  • cynixcynix Member
    edited June 2023

    "If I request an IP change on a promotional plan, how long would it take"

    If I were a service provider, just this question alone would make me not want this customer. Why are you preemptively planning for what happens after you've done something dodgy? If you use your VPS for "standard business hosting" there should never be a need to change the IP address.

  • ariq01ariq01 Member

    @cynix said: there should never be a need to change the IP address.

    Agree,
    as a legit customer, I never need to change my VPS IP Address in my entire life. The only reason to request an IP change is when you use the IPs for public exit-node VPN, or mass email which causes IP address to get blacklisted by RBL.

    Thanked by 1commercial
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

    @sreekanth850 said:

    @plumberg said: Businesses are here for profits

    One last thought, you don't need to chase profits, its a bye product of happy customers.

    It's not that simple.
    If I sell a VPS to a customer for $5/month and that customer asks me 10 questions, by the time I even read the first question the profit is gone. If I answer all 10 questions I will probably have a happy customer, but I will not make any profit on him and it will probably eat up the profit from 10-15 customers that did not ask any questions.

    The margins are razor thin in the lowend market, a customer that opens a bunch of tickets even before he bought something will most likely never be a customer you will make any kind of profit on. It will be a cost that you will have to put on all your other customers, and then you will have one happy customer that you make no money on and a bunch of unhappy customers that will move because you are not cheap enough.

    Trying to make every customer happy is business suicide, you have to chose your customers and know when to simply say no.

  • sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited June 2023

    It's not that simple.
    If I sell a VPS to a customer for $5/month and that customer asks me 10 questions, by the time I even read the first question the profit is gone. If I answer all 10 questions I will probably have a happy customer, but I will not make any profit on him and it will probably eat up the profit from 10-15 customers that did not ask any questions.

    The margins are razor thin in the lowend market, a customer that opens a bunch of tickets even before he bought something will most likely never be a customer you will make any kind of profit on. It will be a cost that you will have to put on all your other customers, and then you will have one happy customer that you make no money on and a bunch of unhappy customers that will move because you are not cheap enough.

    Trying to make every customer happy is business suicide, you have to chose your customers and know when to simply say no.

    Again, I completely agree with you about thin margins and profitability. That's why i said about faq, and other way to minimize the repetitive questions. In one email you can just ask them to read it. And one more thing, i didn't said hh had done wrong. I was just defending about calling OP as a spammer.

  • imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited June 2023

    @TimboJones said:
    if you still don't understand the OP is the problem, you're a fucking idiot.

    :)

  • @TimboJones said: if you still don't understand the OP is the problem, you're a fucking idiot.

    Okay.

  • Stop being a little bitch karen and accept that businesses may choose who they want to do business with.

  • emghemgh Member

    This drama would have been so much more fun if one of the comments calling out OP on being a ”bitch” or calling people who support him ”fucking idiots” would have been written by hosthatch

  • rcy026rcy026 Member

    @sreekanth850 said:
    I was just defending about calling OP as a spammer.

    7 tickets and 8 emails before even being a customer? I would call it spam.
    Why not simply write all of your questions in one email and send it to the proper address? They clearly state on their website that pre-sales questions should be directed to sales@.

    No offense to op, but his behavior is exactly the kind of behavior that made me leave the hosting business.

    Thanked by 2emgh ScreenReader
  • @emgh said:
    This drama would have been so much more fun if one of the comments calling out OP on being a ”bitch” or calling people who support him ”fucking idiots” would have been written by hosthatch

    nooooo stop having LowEndFun!!!

    we even still have this one defending a spam lmao. you could've guessed they're probably the same.

  • Having 3 servers with HH and pretty happy with all of them :smiley:

    Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • emghemgh Member

    @JohnFilch123 said:
    Having 3 servers with HH and pretty happy with all of them :smiley:

    Not the craziest of necros, but essentially a dead thread, man

  • @emgh said:

    @JohnFilch123 said:
    Having 3 servers with HH and pretty happy with all of them :smiley:

    Not the craziest of necros, but essentially a dead thread, man

    No probs, I love vintage :lol:

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • stop spamming the owners email and instead go with sales with whatever ticket system they use. but yeah you could get that info by doing some research online.

  • I have had friendly discussions with some of my favorite merchants on the forum.

    Here, despite the considerable amount I spent, ranging from a few tens to hundreds of dollars a month, I received a lot in return. I gained valuable insights into the industry, and if we were to quantify it in terms of price, I believe the time they spent answering my questions would at least exceed the profits they made from me in a month, rendering it insignificant.

    What I am trying to convey is not that one should purchase expensive services to receive a higher level of service.

    Rather, I mean to say that I also adhere to certain principles of inquiry, such as providing comprehensive descriptions of your questions and organizing them systematically, like a numbered list, for clarity and understanding.

    I believe most reputable merchants are willing to answer genuinely valuable questions, as long as your questions indeed hold value and cannot be found in the FAQs or easily searched for elsewhere.

    The same applies to the HH . I believe what they are averse to is not your inquiries but rather the fact that it took seven or eight emails to address a single question—a purely inefficient approach.

    Perhaps this serves as a reminder to all of us. Asking questions efficiently is also a form of good social etiquette.

    Thanked by 1sh97
  • PM the email you used to register/contact hosthatch. It's possible that you are on fraudrecord due to previous providers.

Sign In or Register to comment.