Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned from Hosthatch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Banned from Hosthatch

WinnyWinny Member

Been a long time lurker on LET, always heard of horror stories from both the customer and provider end. Never thought i would be one to complain but i just find this completely ridiculous.

I recently started looking for new providers and being on here ive seen good things said about HH.

• never been a hh customer
  • never used hh service

I started by asking presales questions and it ended up with me being banned from using their service.

Questions i asked were related to their SMTP, Customer support, Network, and backup.

I even when as far as mentioning what exactly the server will be used for which are business websites.

Confused to why i was banned, i had a few people look into my messages and everyone came to a same conclusion. They do not see anything wrong with what i sent them ( presales questions). With this i decided to draft a formal apology to see if we could still have the chance of working something out however they decided and confirmed that i was definitely banned from using their services.

TLDR : asked pre sales questions and got banned for wanting to host business websites on HH

Anyway im still looking for a provider DM me if you have locations in Singapore and LA/NY

Comments

• They didn't ban you. They just don't want you as their customer.

• WinnyWinny Member
    edited June 2023

@malignify said:
    They didn't ban you. They just don't want you as their customer.

my question to them was, if i was allowed to use their services.

Its basically a ban because we if purchase anything they would highly likely block/ban the account. They already said "unable to provide services"

• @Winny said:

@malignify said:

Its basically a ban because we if purchase anything they would highly likely block/ban the account. They already said "unable to provide services"

So what's the problem if they don't want you as their customer? Surely they have their reasons. So just pick another provider.

Thanked by 2desperand fart
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Curious...

• WinnyWinny Member

@cybertech said:
    full ticket or stop being winny

Im winny right now because its so bazaar

• WinnyWinny Member

@malignify said:

@Winny said:

@malignify said:

So what's the problem if they don't want you as their customer? Surely they have their reasons. So just pick another provider.

I think its fair if they can provide a reasonable reason. If the server software is not suitable or the nature of business is illegal or something of that sort. But i don't think its normal to ban customers who use servers for hosting business websites.. Literally business websites

For me its just out of the blue don't u find it strange?

• @Winny said:

@cybertech said:

What about the last ticket? Where is it?

Thanked by 3emgh RapToN the_doctor
  • @Winny said:

@malignify said:

@Winny said:

@malignify said:

I think its fair if they can provide a reasonable reason. If the server software is not suitable or the nature of business is illegal or something of that sort. But i don't think its normal to ban customers who use servers for hosting business websites.. Literally business websites

For me its just out of the blue don't u find it strange?

No it is not strange because we don't know your background or your company and what your "business websites" are. They have your details so they could have done their due diligence.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • fazarfazar Member

@Winny said:

Seems they didn't want to wasted their time too. So, carry on, mate.. ;)

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@cybertech said:

That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth) on my personal email - without ever having a paid service with us. Most of these questions can be answered with 5 minutes of research without ever having to contact us.

I think that should be enough to explain why we chose to not do any business with the OP.

I am sorry but please move on and choose a provider better suited to your needs.

• WinnyWinny Member

@malignify said:

@Winny said:

@cybertech said:

What about the last ticket? Where is it?

The ticket it was referring to is the first message at the top, What happen was because they did not answer it they ended up merging the first ticket and the 2nd message together.

After they did not reply to first message i wrote another ticket to ask for their confirmation if i was banned. Then they merged both tickets.

• Reading your post and comments I still don't know the complete context.

• WinnyWinny Member

@hosthatch said:

@cybertech said:

That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth) on my personal email - without ever having a paid service with us. Most of these questions can be answered with 5 minutes of research without ever having to contact us.

I think that should be enough to explain why we chose to not do any business with the OP.

I am sorry but please move on and choose a provider better suited to your needs.

Thats because you never answered the questions in the emails, you choose to ignore the technical questions and just give unrelated answers!

The previous tickets were asking about backup because on your website you publish having a backup service in MAY. And till now there is no further information about it!

• Stop talking about previous tickets. You deliberately left out details about you sending them multiple emails and tickets. Either you show us all your tickets and their content in full or stop crying and pick another provider.

• OP, you want stellar support, just go for the big hosts, they have enough L1 techs to answer your every need, judging by the reply from HH, the reason they deny you service is because they think you are wasting their time by asking all these questions.

• @Thundas said:
    OP, you want stellar support, just go for the big hosts, they have enough L1 techs to answer your every need, judging by the reply from HH, the reason they deny you service is because they think you are wasting their time by asking all these questions.

L1 techs at big hosts don't deal with pre sales questions. It is probable that the OP spammed tickets and mails at different places in hosthatch. Sounds impatient too.

• That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth) on my personal email
    7 tickets. 8 Emails before purchase
    kindly with respect answered to him, and after 7-8 another requests said: "enough, sorry, go find another host, we do not want to have you as a client, because of behavior that you're doing right now. What will happen next on unmanaged host? 1000 tickets per month or what?"
    and the guy now trying to make a drama on LET saying that the host banned
    asked for showing full conversation -> but ignored.
    everyone guilt, hosthatch bad, everyone bad,ban, but me is an angel.

No something wrong here. HostHatch great host. It's you very bad customer. And i do not recommend ANY provider to have deal with that guy, otherwise he will fuck your brain.

• WinnyWinny Member

@malignify said:
    Stop talking about previous tickets. You deliberately left out details about you sending them multiple emails and tickets. Either you show us all your tickets and their content in full or stop crying and pick another provider.

I never left out any details. I said i asked pre sales questions which are what those previous messages are about. Literally pre sales.

• WinnyWinny Member

@desperand said:

That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth) on my personal email
    7 tickets. 8 Emails before purchase
    kindly with respect answered to him, and after 7-8 another requests said: "enough, sorry, go find another host, we do not want to have you as a client, because of behavior that you're doing right now. What will happen next on unmanaged host? 1000 tickets per month or what?"
    and the guy now trying to make a drama on LET saying that the host banned
    asked for showing full conversation -> but ignored.
    everyone guilt, hosthatch bad, everyone bad,ban, but me is an angel.

No something wrong here. HostHatch great host. It's you very bad customer. And i do not recommend ANY provider to have deal with that guy, otherwise he will fuck your brain.

I was just asking pre sales questions.. are you saying that i should never ask any pre sales questions and just buy without knowing for sure?

• @Winny said:

@malignify said:
    Stop talking about previous tickets. You deliberately left out details about you sending them multiple emails and tickets. Either you show us all your tickets and their content in full or stop crying and pick another provider.

I never left out any details. I said i asked pre sales questions which are what those previous messages are about. Literally pre sales.

So you basically spammed his personal work email and didn't go through sales. You deserve to be banned.

• WinnyWinny Member

@malignify said:

@Winny said:

@malignify said:

So you basically spammed his personal work email and didn't go through sales. You deserve to be banned.

On LET thread he mentioned if anyone had any questions regarding the service can drop him an email.. thats how i ended up dropping him an email. I did not go out of my way to find out his email.. its literally on LET threads

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

I don’t even know why I, reading the first post, got a little confused about why HostHatch would do such a thing

It’s kind of obvious that these threads 99 % of the time is the client’s fault

I love the 1 % of the same that it’s not though, very nice

However, anyone that wants to defend this client really only needs to answer one question:
    Would you be OK with HostHatch increasing prices by 50 %, and becoming a sales organization primarily?

Because if not, this client wouldn’t ever work as a HostHatch client.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • emghemgh Member

@Winny said:

@malignify said:

@Winny said:

@malignify said:

On LET thread he mentioned if anyone had any questions regarding the service can drop him an email.. thats how i ended up dropping him an email. I did not go out of my way to find out his email.. its literally on LET threads

An email?

7 tickets, 8 emails

• WinnyWinny Member

@emgh said:
    I don’t even know why I, reading the first post, got a little confused about why HostHatch would do such a thing

However, anyone that wants to defend this client really only needs to answer one question:
    Would you be OK with HostHatch increasing prices by 50 %, and becoming a sales organization primarily?

Are you saying that it is wrong to ask pre sales questions? If your explanation is reasonable i can accept that i am at fault but i don't think asking pre sales questions are wrong after all we will pay for the service and you want to know the policies before becoming a customer.

• emghemgh Member

@Winny said:

@emgh said:

Are you saying that it is wrong to ask pre sales questions? If your explanation is reasonable i can accept that i am at fault but i don't think asking pre sales questions are wrong after all we will pay for the service and you want to know the policies before becoming a customer.

Okay so:

1. What you ask: up to you
    2. How they resond: up to them
    3. If you be come a client: a mutual agreement

Should they not be able to deny you services if they think you’ll cost much more in support compared to what you pay?

Why should their other clients have to subsidize your need for support?

Thanked by 1M66B
  • @emgh said:

@Winny said:

@malignify said:

@Winny said:

@malignify said:

An email?

7 tickets, 8 emails

Did he say he can be contacted for any sales or pre sales questions? I just did a search of his email and can only see him addressing specific individuals or a specific group of people. There's not that many of them too.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • WinnyWinny Member

@emgh said:

@Winny said:

@emgh said:

Okay so:

Should they not be able to deny you services if they think you’ll cost much more in support compared to what you pay?

But i don't need support. I managed my own VPS i just needed answers about support that is not within our control situation. Like network or node issues

Did you even read the email i asked about pre sales?

• emghemgh Member

@Winny said:

@emgh said:

@Winny said:

@emgh said:

Okay so:

But i don't need support. I managed my own VPS i just needed answers about support that is not within our control situation. Like network or node issues

I don’t need support I just need 7 tickets and 8 emails

I’d deny you as well

• WinnyWinny Member

@emgh said:

@Winny said:

@emgh said:

@Winny said:

@emgh said:

Okay so:

I don’t need support I just need 7 tickets and 8 emails

I’d deny you as well

Clearly you did not read the email because it would have been a short email if the questions were answered instead he was so focused on asking me where i found the promotion from.