Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Banned from Hosthatch - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Banned from Hosthatch

135

Comments

  • @Croissant said:

    @Winny said:
    Okay i apologize to @hosthatch for wasting your time and everyone here. I never doubt hosthatch is good, as i also said i have heard many good things about them just unfortunate things did not work out as i was looking forward to working with them.

    why appologize to them, you are free to send them a thousand emails if they dont like it it is their problem not yours man!

    By not providing the service means you got your answers they aint the right host for your needs, just look around lots of hosts are more than happy to hear you out not just take people who dont question any of their actions or services

    No you are not free to send thousand emails as that can easily be considered spamming. The number of tickets and the back and forth mails to a personal work email, even when it didn't amount up to a thousand did become a problem and that's why the provider prefers not doing business with OP, which then seems to have become a problem for the OP and that's why this is posted here. The provider and others here also mentioned to move on and go with other providers. The screenshot included in the opening post clearly shows good and professional language and wasn't something unprofessional or rude as to just telling the OP to get lost.

    Thanked by 1hvedar13
  • JabJabJabJab Member

    @malignify said: personal work email

    stahp with this.

    It's work e-mail or personal e-mail, there is no such thing as personal work email.

  • opiqopiq Member

    Irrespective of who's right or wrong here, one clear thing is that @malignify proved themselves to be a valiant knight of the gatekeepers.

  • @JabJab said:

    @malignify said: personal work email

    stahp with this.

    It's work e-mail or personal e-mail, there is no such thing as personal work email.

    It's personal in the sense that it belongs to a person. Not a group or team mailbox.

  • @opiq said:
    Irrespective of who's right or wrong here, one clear thing is that @malignify proved themselves to be a valiant knight of the gatekeepers.

    Lol.

    Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • opiqopiq Member

    @Winny firstly, A private bussiness can refuse to serve a customer on any grounds. Us users are conditioned to think the bar for these grounds are set high. It may just be that HostHatch has their bar lower than the other hosting providers you've faced. You just got filtered out this time. No worries, this isn't some driving test that you have to pass. It's fine... move on to other providers. By creating this post you may have helped potential customers of HostHatch to draw their own conclusions.

  • @Winny said:
    I created this thread because i did not understand what went wrong. Now with everyones feedback i can better understand the situation.

    You seem like someone from countries that use chat services for business. Well, email systems aren't; since none have any idea who you are, you need to send 1 with proper greeting, who you are, what either side is expecting from the other, almost all of your questions. At top, only reply 1 time if you forgot something.

    How are you expecting after 3rd email and ticket that you aren't considered spam and still a potential customer is beyond me!

    HostHatch is probably the most up-front provider here in all their threads. If you bother to read any then you would know that pre-paid customers need to wait days for an answer, then you not-yet-customer should wait longer.
    While this is opposite of my personal business practice, it's their right to do so.

    @Winny said:
    They were all pre sales questions, if you think they were not you can post the message here that is considered not pre sales all i ask is you redact my private information and company. I don't think there is right or wrong it just happen your business model is different than what i would normally expect.

    You have not provided any proof at all! Of course HostHatch would not post anything or this would turn in to "Provider post my private info without consent" thread real quick.

    Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • The Lion, The Witch, and the audacity of this b..


    HH didn't dodge a bullet, they dodged the entire magazine

  • @hosthatch said:

    @Winny said:

    I was just asking pre sales questions.. are you saying that i should never ask any pre sales questions and just buy without knowing for sure?

    Please stop posting excerpts of things that are not even in the correct order to support your argument. I don't understand why this is so hard for you - there are other providers out there, this isn't personal, and I truly hope you find a provider that is good for you.

    If you would really like to share, please share everything, preferably in complete screenshots so people can get the context without you editing things out and sharing them out of order.

    Again, this is not personal, we just do not have the ability to serve customers like yourself with success. All the best to you.

    I honestly really rate this response.
    ANY business can decline to offer a service to a consumer regardless of the reason, at least @hosthatch had the courtesy to let the OP know instead of just closing tickets and deleting their account.

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

    Folks, please stop pulling the OP back to the thread to drag this even further.

    I think the OP has already drawn a line for his/her involvement on this topic, shared what he/she wanted to share (although partial/incomplete) and the provider has already acknowledged what needs to be acknowledged.

    Let the OP move on to find other providers.

    Like how customers/users are able to choose who they want as their provider(s), providers are also able to choose and determine who they want to do business with.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Cheers 🙏

  • sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited June 2023

    @malignify said:

    @Croissant said:

    @Winny said:
    Okay i apologize to @hosthatch for wasting your time and everyone here. I never doubt hosthatch is good, as i also said i have heard many good things about them just unfortunate things did not work out as i was looking forward to working with them.

    why appologize to them, you are free to send them a thousand emails if they dont like it it is their problem not yours man!

    By not providing the service means you got your answers they aint the right host for your needs, just look around lots of hosts are more than happy to hear you out not just take people who dont question any of their actions or services

    No you are not free to send thousand emails as that can easily be considered spamming. The number of tickets and the back and forth mails to a personal work email, even when it didn't amount up to a thousand did become a problem and that's why the provider prefers not doing business with OP, which then seems to have become a problem for the OP and that's why this is posted here. The provider and others here also mentioned to move on and go with other providers. The screenshot included in the opening post clearly shows good and professional language and wasn't something unprofessional or rude as to just telling the OP to get lost.

    What is the purpose of presales questions? Why do they publish their email saying for sales enquiries? Choosing Not to do business with a customer is sole decision of a company. But blaming a customer saying that spamming is not good. Different people take decision in different way. I use to ask question, but I always try to make it in a single email. Not too many emails or bumps.. I remember once I had lot of back and forth emails with server factory and they were so friendly to answer me and finally i bought one server. 7 or 8 presales question doesn't mean that, he or she will flood their support with tickets. And that's what presales is for. Choosing a new service require a lot of clarification, we are not buying a beer or a doll, but servers that will be used to host our business. Not at least for me. And I like to say that even up today i use to hardly raise tickets once i become a customer, but before that I may have lot of doubts and clarification on the service. Its not about how much money, its about a business critical decision that matters.

    Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @malignify said:

    @Croissant said:

    @Winny said:
    Okay i apologize to @hosthatch for wasting your time and everyone here. I never doubt hosthatch is good, as i also said i have heard many good things about them just unfortunate things did not work out as i was looking forward to working with them.

    why appologize to them, you are free to send them a thousand emails if they dont like it it is their problem not yours man!

    By not providing the service means you got your answers they aint the right host for your needs, just look around lots of hosts are more than happy to hear you out not just take people who dont question any of their actions or services

    No you are not free to send thousand emails as that can easily be considered spamming. The number of tickets and the back and forth mails to a personal work email, even when it didn't amount up to a thousand did become a problem and that's why the provider prefers not doing business with OP, which then seems to have become a problem for the OP and that's why this is posted here. The provider and others here also mentioned to move on and go with other providers. The screenshot included in the opening post clearly shows good and professional language and wasn't something unprofessional or rude as to just telling the OP to get lost.

    You didnt get the point it seems, a potential customer can send any amount of emails or questions to a business and not have to worry or be sorry about it, if the business considers this spam and refuses to answer then it is their right to do so too.. so both are in the right it is just that they made OP feel guilty about it which is not right!

    Many times i emailed businesses with bunch a questions and never got a reply back so i move on they clearly dont wanna do business am i in the wrong for asking NO are they wrong for not replying also no it is their choice.

    Moral of the story OP did nothing wrong and should move on as already mentioned , and if you wanna go with HH just dont ask a lot of questions and if you are using a promo you will be on a low support priority as mentioned by them in different post.

    Thanked by 1Shazan
  • @Winny said: Anyway im still looking for a provider DM me if you have locations in Singapore and LA/NY

    You can always rely on @speedypage , @kuroit aka @ManishPant. The Support is great so far.

  • Consider you are trying to find an email hosting service provider and want to reach @jar for his astounding services, but if you send an email like this or ask ticket like this, no one will accept you as a customer

    1) do my email goes to my inbox
    2) what happens if I send 10K emails a day
    3) can I have new IP every week

    Most service providers can find out whether you will be a good customer or bad customer from the email the ticket you open with them. Most of them are low-end service providers, they want customers who can do their own research before opening a ticket with them so they won't spend their effort on answering questions for which the answers are already available.

    In your case with HH, you have opened 9 tickets or emails to them as presales. Now after purchasing the services, think about how many tickets or email you going to open with them when you burst their VPS at 200% and your services got terminated for that.

    The better provider for you will be someone like @Hetzner_OL , but I wish you luck in opening an account with them.

  • sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited June 2023

    @Croissant said: Moral of the story OP did nothing wrong and should move on as already mentioned , and if you wanna go with HH just don't ask a lot of questions and if you are using a promo you will be on a low support priority as mentioned

    7 to 8 is not a lot even. Considering they don't have a faq page on their website.

  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

    @Winny said:

    @desperand said:

    That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth) on my personal email
    7 tickets. 8 Emails before purchase
    kindly with respect answered to him, and after 7-8 another requests said: "enough, sorry, go find another host, we do not want to have you as a client, because of behavior that you're doing right now. What will happen next on unmanaged host? 1000 tickets per month or what?"
    and the guy now trying to make a drama on LET saying that the host banned
    asked for showing full conversation -> but ignored.
    everyone guilt, hosthatch bad, everyone bad,ban, but me is an angel.

    No something wrong here. HostHatch great host. It's you very bad customer. And i do not recommend ANY provider to have deal with that guy, otherwise he will fuck your brain.

    I was just asking pre sales questions.. are you saying that i should never ask any pre sales questions and just buy without knowing for sure?

    If you have to ask that many questions or they don't get answered the first time or second time. This should tell you enough to find another host.

    I know sometimes providers will avoid answering stupid questions at times when the information is listed on their site etc. Or if the questions are really dumb. However, typically you should also understand if you are not getting replies after a few times it's best to go elsewhere to someone who will answer and take your money.

  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

    @sreekanth850 said:

    @Croissant said: Moral of the story OP did nothing wrong and should move on as already mentioned , and if you wanna go with HH just don't ask a lot of questions and if you are using a promo you will be on a low support priority as mentioned

    7 to 8 is not a lot even. Considering they don't have a faq page on their website.

    I also don't see how 7-8 pre-sales tickets/emails are a lot. Sounds pretty normal to me if you want to be sure to choose the right host.

  • emghemgh Member

    @Shazan said:

    @sreekanth850 said:

    @Croissant said: Moral of the story OP did nothing wrong and should move on as already mentioned , and if you wanna go with HH just don't ask a lot of questions and if you are using a promo you will be on a low support priority as mentioned

    7 to 8 is not a lot even. Considering they don't have a faq page on their website.

    I also don't see how 7-8 pre-sales tickets/emails are a lot. Sounds pretty normal to me if you want to be sure to choose the right host.

    Why are all of you downplaying it?

    Changing it little by little until it starts to make sense.

    This is what HostHatch said before reality was edited:

    @hosthatch said: That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth)

    Thanked by 1ScreenReader
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

    I am not saying someone is at fault here, potential customers have the right to ask whatever they need to know before ordering, and I don't see the problem if they are 7 tickets and 8 emails, as long there is no abusive language.
    At the same time the company has the right the refuse to deal with the customer but I don't agree on blaming the OP, he didn't do anything wrong.
    Right to ask, right to refuse, it's simple.

  • sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited June 2023

    @emgh said:

    @Shazan said:

    @sreekanth850 said:

    @Croissant said: Moral of the story OP did nothing wrong and should move on as already mentioned , and if you wanna go with HH just don't ask a lot of questions and if you are using a promo you will be on a low support priority as mentioned

    7 to 8 is not a lot even. Considering they don't have a faq page on their website.

    I also don't see how 7-8 pre-sales tickets/emails are a lot. Sounds pretty normal to me if you want to be sure to choose the right host.

    Why are all of you downplaying it?

    Changing it little by little until it starts to make sense.

    This is what HostHatch said before reality was edited:

    @hosthatch said: That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth)

    I'd visited their website and never found a FAQ section. Literally I don't know do's and don't do's. I don't know anything. So yes i will again rephrase it. It should not be treated as tickets its just presales question that a customer ask before investing. I completely understand the HH decision on refusing to give service, but Iam saying about blaming OP for asking 15 "presales" questions and saying that OP is spamming is what my point. Yes they are not tickets, they are just presales questions.

  • @sreekanth850 said:

    I'd visited their website and never found a FAQ section. Literally I don't know do's and don't do's. I don't know anything.

    .wow. do's n don't...

    You really do t know? Fact you are saying this makes a really bad statement about you and your intentions...

    Did you check the TOS? (Or AUP?)

    If someone says they don't know what to do and not do, I'd want to stay clear from them.

  • gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited June 2023

    @hosthatch said:

    @cybertech said:
    full ticket or stop being winny

    That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth) on my personal email - without ever having a paid service with us. Most of these questions can be answered with 5 minutes of research without ever having to contact us.

    I think that should be enough to explain why we chose to not do any business with the OP.

    I am sorry but please move on and choose a provider better suited to your needs.

    IMO then you shouldnt offer presale questions.
    Personal work mail - you could also answer "please use the official provided pre-sales channels" or something like that

    @Winny learn to write questions in one mail and ask again if something is unclear after a respond.

  • emghemgh Member

    @plumberg said:

    @sreekanth850 said:

    I'd visited their website and never found a FAQ section. Literally I don't know do's and don't do's. I don't know anything.

    .wow. do's n don't...

    You really do t know? Fact you are saying this makes a really bad statement about you and your intentions...

    Did you check the TOS? (Or AUP?)

    If someone says they don't know what to do and not do, I'd want to stay clear from them.

    Add to @raindog308 LowEnd Consumer Bill of Rights:

    • Must have a FAQ section
    • Must have a list of do's and don'ts
    Thanked by 1plumberg
  • emghemgh Member

    @gbzret4d said:

    @hosthatch said:

    @cybertech said:
    full ticket or stop being winny

    That would be 7 full tickets and also 8 emails (back and forth) on my personal email - without ever having a paid service with us. Most of these questions can be answered with 5 minutes of research without ever having to contact us.

    I think that should be enough to explain why we chose to not do any business with the OP.

    I am sorry but please move on and choose a provider better suited to your needs.

    IMO then you shouldnt offer presale questions

    They clearly didn't, in this case.

  • Based on the questions asked, it sounds like you are looking for a managed vps service.

  • srch07srch07 Member

    @Winny said:

    @bgerard said:
    Asking about ip changes on promotional plans, they just can't be bothered to deal with all the hassle for one customer, i dont blame them either. Go with azure, gcp, aws, digital ocean, vultr or linode. You'll have backups, ip changes, production ready and redundant networking, sorted.

    I asked about IP changes because i heard that sometimes u can get unlucky and the default IP provided could be black listed. My main concern is if i b ought a vps and it came with a black listed ip address out of the box.. that was all it meant.

    With other providers this has happen once and they were okay to change the IP just needed to rebuild the network and reboot the vm. Not using HH before i wasn't sure about their policy, i feel bad now for asking too many questions but i guess thats just me wanting to be sure before i put all my eggs in 1 basket :')

    Dude, we own over 50 VPS today (multiple providers), send emails from each one of them.
    We never had to ask for IP change on any of them.

    It's not so hard to get your IP delisted from all the Blacklists, all you need to do is provide them ownership proof, in case it was de-listed and abused multiple times in past.

    Thanked by 1Taku
  • emghemgh Member

    @srch07 said: It's not so hard to get your IP delisted from all the Blacklists, all you need to do is provide them ownership proof, in case it was de-listed and abused multiple times in past.

    Often removal can only be requested by network operator.

    Often, it really dosen't matter though.

  • srch07srch07 Member

    @emgh said:

    @srch07 said: It's not so hard to get your IP delisted from all the Blacklists, all you need to do is provide them ownership proof, in case it was de-listed and abused multiple times in past.

    Often removal can only be requested by network operator.

    Often, it really dosen't matter though.

    Not really. If you have a PTR / rDNS on the IP (which you need to have either way for Email), that's good enough for single IP.
    Only when you are talking about IP range or ASN blocks, you need operator's help.

  • emghemgh Member

    @srch07 said:

    @emgh said:

    @srch07 said: It's not so hard to get your IP delisted from all the Blacklists, all you need to do is provide them ownership proof, in case it was de-listed and abused multiple times in past.

    Often removal can only be requested by network operator.

    Often, it really dosen't matter though.

    Not really. If you have a PTR / rDNS on the IP (which you need to have either way for Email), that's good enough for single IP.
    Only when you are talking about IP range or ASN blocks, you need operator's help.

    Actually, it differs per blacklist

  • @plumberg said:

    @sreekanth850 said:

    I'd visited their website and never found a FAQ section. Literally I don't know do's and don't do's. I don't know anything.

    .wow. do's n don't...

    You really do t know? Fact you are saying this makes a really bad statement about you and your intentions...

    Did you check the TOS? (Or AUP?)

    If someone says they don't know what to do and not do, I'd want to stay clear from them.

    @malignify said: personal work email

    The said email is published on their website means, that email is for public communication. I'd seen this email on their about us page. If you expect no one to use your work address, you should keep it private and not publish on your website. Now when i don't get answers from a sales email, next escalation point will be their individual email address. Its a common practice of escalation and not spamming.

    Thanked by 1opiq
Sign In or Register to comment.