Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

V.PS 2nd Anniversary Flash Sales - up to 40% off - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

V.PS 2nd Anniversary Flash Sales - up to 40% off

Comments

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@hkbbdx said:
    v.ps is a provider without the spirit of contract. Why do so many vps providers get good comments from Chinese users! But you have unanimously bad reviews on v.ps alone. If anyone wants to experience the inferior service of v.ps, welcome buy their service vps

Ah, just stfu ... with this bullshit. Always the same story. Beside that, are you one of those two? If not, again - why you're talking out of your ass?

@xTom said: We have never deleted or terminated any accounts. For those customers who use fake information to order the service, we will suspend and send a ticket to them.

Yesterday we suspended two accounts with fake information, and we have already contacted the customers to fix the issues, they haven't responded yet.

Thanked by 1foitin
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

@Mumbly said:

@hkbbdx said:
    v.ps is a provider without the spirit of contract. Why do so many vps providers get good comments from Chinese users! But you have unanimously bad reviews on v.ps alone. If anyone wants to experience the inferior service of v.ps, welcome buy their service vps

Ah, just stfu ... with this bullshit. Always the same story. Beside that, are you one of those two? If not, again - why you're talking out of your ass?

@xTom said: We have never deleted or terminated any accounts. For those customers who use fake information to order the service, we will suspend and send a ticket to them.

Yesterday we suspended two accounts with fake information, and we have already contacted the customers to fix the issues, they haven't responded yet.

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

you are xTom?

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

@Mumbly said:

@hkbbdx said:

Freedom of speech Can't I tell how I feel? You've been maintaining xTom. Are you guys on the same team?

• @Greyhound said:

@suut said: He probably doesn't need to provide authentication like ovh and Netcup does. So he doesn't need to be 100% true, but it shouldn't be 100% false.

>

So, what's the different between 100% false and not 100% false? I mean why a hosting provider needs to care about a client information?

When something happens, they need to give the police a plausible user profile. The police will not accept user profile like 222 or asdf.

• york618york618 Member

@Page said:

@Mumbly said:

@Page said: looks like a customer service issue

How's that? How is breaking terms of service with the host customer service issue?

I know, but the problem is not with one side, it's with both sides. It was a customer who used a fake profile and publicly said "I have multiple accounts" in front of support, which caught the merchant's attention and shut them down. In theory, doing things according to the terms of service does not require criticism. But the means are too tough and they should be given a refund.

Hey bro. I want to tell you that if you place an order with a real information for being a Chinese then they may know everything about you such as your real photos and id card number. I hope you can understand that. It’s the same reason why chinese developer always push to github with a proxy.

• @xTom said:

@Greyhound said: why a hosting provider needs to care about a client information?

To prevent any suspicious activities like virus, fraud, phishing and spamming.

So you think a name looks like "REAL" could prevent fraud and phishing? Lol.

• GOOD666GOOD666 Member
    edited May 2023

@hkbbdx said:
    Registered users with false identities or impersonating any individual or entity should be prohibited from purchasing VPS. For example, NETCUP or OVH’s approach is to refund and cancel users instead of clearing users after the paypal refund time has passed. This is fraud

Violation of the rules, the refund is for your face, if you don't give your face, do you still like it?> @hkbbdx said:

v.ps是没有契约精神的提供商,为什么那么多vps提供商都得到中国用户的好评!而单独对v.ps你们却是一致的差评?
    如果还有人想体验v.ps的低劣服务,欢迎购买他们的服务vps
    -————————————————————————

is m

• GOOD666GOOD666 Member

@hkbbdx said:

V.PS lures users to buy with a 2-5 year discount. If the user’s registration information is incorrect, a formal company can prohibit the user from purchasing VPS, instead of waiting for paypal to exceed the refund time, and then refund the user due to user information. , and refuse to refund the user, which is a fraudulent company. Please buy carefully!

V.PS以2-5年的折扣引诱用户购买,如果用户注册信息不正确,正规的企业可以禁止用户购买VPS,而不是等paypal超过退款时间后,再因用户信息的问题来清退用户,并拒绝给用户退款,这属于诈骗公司。请大家小心购买!

Like it or not.爱用不用。> @york618 said:

@Page said:

@Mumbly said:

@Page said: looks like a customer service issue

How's that? How is breaking terms of service with the host customer service issue?

I know, but the problem is not with one side, it's with both sides. It was a customer who used a fake profile and publicly said "I have multiple accounts" in front of support, which caught the merchant's attention and shut them down. In theory, doing things according to the terms of service does not require criticism. But the means are too tough and they should be given a refund.

Hey bro. I want to tell you that if you place an order with a real information for being a Chinese then they may know everything about you such as your real photos and id card number. I hope you can understand that. It’s the same reason why chinese developer always push to github with a proxy.

In fact, you don't need to provide real information, you just need to write something like that. Instead of 123asdf. stupid pig, bie

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@hkbbdx said:
    Are you guys on the same team?

O ffs.. is this your only argument? Are you fraudster? You are, aren't you?
    How hard is to comply with company terms of service to not get banned? Every second day some hostloc fraudster come here screaming how this and that company ripped him off and it's always, really always, your own fault.
    Because you have zero respect toward companies you rent service from. You cheat, you lie and on the top of that when you get caught you blame company for "unfair treatment".
    Just don't be an idiot, comply with f..ing TOS and AUP and you won't have problems.

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

wow. your xtom team has a lot of people. I only have one person. The service attitude of your xtom team is horrible. I have logged out of v.ps account. Farewell

• daycatdaycat Member

this is actually coming to the moment where it's just cringe and I don't even think that the event was what fuelled this catastrophe, it's mostly the horrendous attitude of v.ps staff involved.

ggwp

• misakamisaka Member

@Mumbly said:

@hkbbdx said:
    Are you guys on the same team?

O ffs.. is this your only argument? Are you fraudster? You are, aren't you?
    How hard is to comply with company terms of service to not get banned? Every second day some hostloc fraudster come here screaming how this and that company ripped him off and it's always, really always, your own fault.
    Because you have zero respect toward companies you rent service from. You cheat, you lie and on the top of that when you get caught you blame company for "unfair treatment".
    Just don't be an idiot, comply with f..ing TOS and AUP and you won't have problems.

You finally got this. MJJs don't care about ToS or AUP or anything, they do whatever they want and they're absolutely right.

• emperoremperor Member

Did you guys remove english only rule? Asking for a friend now..

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@emperor said:
    Did you guys remove english only rule? Asking for a friend now..

We only support English for communication, if you submit a ticket with other languages, our staff will use DeepL to translate.

• @xTom said:

@Greyhound said: why a hosting provider needs to care about a client information?

So if the transaction is done with a stolen credit card, you still keep the stolen money, and terminate the machine after a few months? Why don't you stop the transaction at the very beginning like most VPS merchants do?

• koishikoishi Member
    edited May 2023

@redbuds06 said:

@xTom said:

So if the transaction is done with a stolen credit card, you still keep the stolen money, and terminate the machine after a few months? Why don't you stop the transaction at the very beginning like most VPS merchants do?

Yes, they allow users to use their service for a period of time and then check the user's information after the six-month dispute period with PayPal. If they find that the information is fraudulent, they will ban the user for violating their TOS rules. This can result in users who have paid for 5 or 10 years losing their machine. This leads me to believe that they are scammers. They could learn from companies like OVH, which verify information when purchasing a product and only activate the machine once verification has been approved. Therefore, I personally think that they are a scam company. They delete users' VPS through these means to add more resources to their servers.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@koishi said: So I personally think they are a scam company.

It's completely irrelevant what fraudsters who knowingly break the TOS think. You're not a victim. You're part of a problem.

Thanked by 2xTom foitin
  • MumblyMumbly Member

Quick refresh.

@Mumbly said: Some time ago some other host at LET posted:

To give some stats:

20% of all Accepted orders from China result in chargebacks/disputes

60% of order attempts from China are using false billing details and/or Proxy services to order.

30% of all Accepted orders from China breach our TOS causing Abuse reports, DMCA takedowns and other manual cleanup tasks.
    This really isn't profitable for us, in fact during the times we have had large amounts of orders from this region we have made a net loss.

It is very unlikely that we will accept our standard orders from China again although we are looking at the feasibility of setting up a sister company aimed specifically at this region however we will not be accepting any forms of reversible payments and we will NOT be offering these services from UK based nodes.

We hate having this blanket ban in place. It is simply unfair for our clients that reside in China however at this time we simply have no choice.

We also have the issue of clients in China consistently attempting to order when their first order has been marked as fraud, in some cases placing up to 60 fraudulent orders. This burns through stock levels preventing genuine clients from ordering services.

• koishikoishi Member

@Mumbly said:

It's completely irrelevant what fraudsters who knowingly break the TOS think. You're not a victim. You're part of a problem.

It is possible to verify user information at the time of purchase even if it violates the TOS rules, as OVH and HZ both do. Instead of banning users after the six-month PayPal dispute period, which could have been avoided from the beginning. Xtom does not do this, which causes users who have renewed their VPS for years to lose them when they cannot use PayPal disputes. Xtom employs various fraudulent tactics, making them a terrible company in my opinion.

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • malignifymalignify Member
    edited May 2023

If you're not happy with the company's ways, take it to court and move on.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@koishi said: It is possible to verify user information at the time of purchase even if it violates the TOS rules

It is also possible to not abuse TOS. What about that?
    At some point in life you may realize that you're the problem here and not other way around.

I agree with you about "problems which could have been avoided from the beginning" if you would do the things right from the beginning.

• @Mumbly said:

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@Greyhound
    Imho. this should happen more often when you try to cheat your way out and some of you would actually comply with the TOS and AUP in the future which means less problems for host and also other clients.
    You're fraudster and not other way around.
    It's quite simple actually. If you don't agree with terms of service and acceptable use policy, just move on. No problems for you and no problems for the host.

• @Mumbly said:
    @Greyhound
    Imho. this should happen more often when you try to cheat your way out and some of you would actually comply with the TOS and AUP in the future which means less problems for host and also other clients.
    You're fraudster and not other way around.
    It's quite simple actually. If you don't agree with terms of service and acceptable use policy, just move on. No problems for you and no problems for the host.

The correct way is, if you think a client provides fake information, just deny or cancel his order when sign up. You reviewed and agreed the information that he provided and let him use your service, which means you and your client BOTH violated the TOS. And after a while you found a reason to pissed him off and ripped his money. That's quite clear showing you are a scammer.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@Greyhound said: The correct way is, if you think a client provides fake information, just deny or cancel his order when sign up.

Do you just play dumb or you actually are dumb?

xTom said: We have never deleted or terminated any accounts. For those customers who use fake information to order the service, we will suspend and send a ticket to them.

So although you cheated your way out you have chance to fix it. Without penalty (although you most likely deserve some). But you rather bitch around instead do the right thing.
    And before you say anything, you're the problem here, not the host. If you would do the right thing from the beginning you wouldn't be in this situation. Stop acting like you're a victim and take responsibility for your own actions.
    TOS is there for a reason. If you choose to violate it when you went into business relationshit with a hosting company that's your problem. You are the problem.
    It's quite simple. Don't do that. Don't violate agreement and you won't have a problem.
    Why is this so hard especially for hostloc clientele to understand? What makes you think that your agreement violation shouldn't have any consequences?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • foitinfoitin Member

so the shit hit the fan?
    more like xTom hit the shit fan (MJJs) lol.
    guess you shouldn't have provided services to MJJ in the first place, no?

• why v.ps don't provide 4 and 5 years discount for this forum users? Chinese customers are your god, and other country's customers are inferior to them? Or they just want to fraud the money of chinese mjj?

Be careful to consider this idc provider. I hear that they don't allow dissenting voices in their telegram groups just like ccp. and now they have opened group prohibition in telegram.

I think that their boss should consider how to solve their facing problems correctly(ensuring that the voice of every part should be heared, delete the tough tos, apologize for their rude deletion behavior)and then lauch activities. Otherwise I won't consider v.ps.

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@ldclover said: why v.ps don't provide 4 and 5 years discount for this forum users?

Read the forum sales rules. The maximum duration for an offer is 3 years.

Thanked by 2TimboJones malignify
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

The flash sale discount code is as follows:

1 year payment: 30% off lifetime cycle - promo code: AMAPXGTHYH5M4V
    2 Years Payment: 35% off Lifetime Cycles - Coupon Code: AMAQKO8H6YG0
    3 Years Payment: 40% off Lifetime Cycles - Coupon Code: AMAJJG894VGB5
    4 Years Payment: 55% off Lifetime Cycles - Coupon Code: AMAO3DL2XCXK9
    5 Years Pay: 50% off Lifetime Cycles - Coupon Code: AMA55PNUFNA1O