Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

V.PS 2nd Anniversary Flash Sales - up to 40% off - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

V.PS 2nd Anniversary Flash Sales - up to 40% off

Comments

• MumblyMumbly Member

@hkbbdx said: For example, NETCUP or OVH’s approach is to refund and cancel users instead of clearing users after the paypal refund time has passed.

But those people still come here to complain about unfair treatment. No matter what for people who can't remember their own name at the time of account registration it's always host fault.

Thanked by 2xTom NeoXiD
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

Where is the idiot? Come buy a VPS, I need to cheat again to buy a luxury car

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@hkbbdx in case you overlooked this part:

@DP said:
    https://v.ps/aup/#the-following-activities-are-expressly-prohibited-and-will-result-in-account-and-service-suspension

1. Use fake identity or impersonate any person or entity to order or receive xTom's services.

But it's not your fault, of course. You can lie, cheat, break the terms of service, but it's never, ever your fault when you get caught.

Thanked by 1NeoXiD
  • PagePage Member

Not a scammer, looks like a customer service issue.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@Page said: looks like a customer service issue

How's that? How is breaking terms of service with the host customer service issue?

• PagePage Member
    edited May 2023

@Mumbly said:

@Page said: looks like a customer service issue

How's that? How is breaking terms of service with the host customer service issue?

I know, but the problem is not with one side, it's with both sides. It was a customer who used a fake profile and publicly said "I have multiple accounts" in front of support, which caught the merchant's attention and shut them down. In theory, doing things according to the terms of service does not require criticism. But the means are too tough and they should be given a refund.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@Page if things would be just that simple. Some hosts are simply tired to deal with this very specific, extremely problematic, time demanding and costly clientele. And rightfully so.

Some time ago some other host at LET posted:

To give some stats:

20% of all Accepted orders from China result in chargebacks/disputes

60% of order attempts from China are using false billing details and/or Proxy services to order.

30% of all Accepted orders from China breach our TOS causing Abuse reports, DMCA takedowns and other manual cleanup tasks.
    This really isn't profitable for us, in fact during the times we have had large amounts of orders from this region we have made a net loss.

It is very unlikely that we will accept our standard orders from China again although we are looking at the feasibility of setting up a sister company aimed specifically at this region however we will not be accepting any forms of reversible payments and we will NOT be offering these services from UK based nodes.

We hate having this blanket ban in place. It is simply unfair for our clients that reside in China however at this time we simply have no choice.

We also have the issue of clients in China consistently attempting to order when their first order has been marked as fraud, in some cases placing up to 60 fraudulent orders. This burns through stock levels preventing genuine clients from ordering services.

• PagePage Member
    edited May 2023

@Mumbly said:
    @Page if things would be just that simple. Some hosts are simply tired to deal with this very specific, extremely problematic, time demanding and costly clientele. And rightfully so.

To give some stats:

60% of order attempts from China are using false billing details and/or Proxy services to order.

30% of all Accepted orders from China breach our TOS causing Abuse reports, DMCA takedowns and other manual cleanup tasks.
    This really isn't profitable for us, in fact during the times we have had large amounts of orders from this region we have made a net loss.

It is very unlikely that we will accept our standard orders from China again although we are looking at the feasibility of setting up a sister company aimed specifically at this region however we will not be accepting any forms of reversible payments and we will NOT be offering these services from UK based nodes.

We hate having this blanket ban in place. It is simply unfair for our clients that reside in China however at this time we simply have no choice.

We also have the issue of clients in China consistently attempting to order when their first order has been marked as fraud, in some cases placing up to 60 fraudulent orders. This burns through stock levels preventing genuine clients from ordering services.

But there is no doubt that they offer an optimized route for Chinese customers, and it's not that they don't want to serve Chinese users. It is also clear that the largest group of buyers for V.PS are Chinese users and this friction is always inevitable.

They need to improve their service attitude and users need to know their AUP.

It's that simple.

• ArchieArchie Member

Even if you are not using fraud information, v.ps can ban your account using that excuse

• MumblyMumbly Member

Or ... just don't live in self-denial and do the things right.
    It's always about certain population. Some self-awareness and focus on your own actions wouldn't do any harm.

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

@Mumbly said:

To give some stats:

LET's other moderators posted that ?
    Is there any data to support it?
    Saying these irresponsible words, the behavior you said, many people in the world will do it, but they say this behavior is a problem exclusive to Chinese people

When I registered, I used real information to register, so I had netcup and hetzner accounts, and I also bought a lot of VPS from other VPS providers that I didn’t use. This is my biggest mistake.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@Mumbly said: Some time ago some other host at LET posted:

@hkbbdx said: LET's other moderators posted that ?

You know what host (hosting company) is?
    But like said, it's always about certain population. Some self-awareness and focus on your own actions wouldn't do any harm.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@hkbbdx said: When I registered, I used real information to register

Then there's no problem for you, right? Right?!

• JabJabJabJab Member

Welcome to:
    "I've used real information"
    "I don't have more than one account"
    "If I can pay by crypto it means I can provide fake information"
    "If I am able to register more than one account it means I can use multiply of those - provider did not stop me!"
    "There is limit of uses of code per account, this is stupid, I need more servers"
    "I don't have more than one account!"
    "I use a public proxy and 195189759819851 other people too so we have the same IP"
    "No, I don't have more than one account"
    "I've never initiated a chargeback" [on this account/service I mentioned in post. No, I don't have other accounts that I initiated a chargeback and they clearly don't share the same paypal payment e-mail]
    "They are banning innocent users!"

• dynamodynamo Member

I might be missing something but are LET folks actually considering 1G/20G @ €41.97/yr a special deal? Many other established hosts on LET have similar specs available for much better prices. Even v.ps's previous nano VM offers seemed way better than this.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2023

@hkbbdx said:
    For such shameless merchants, they are not worthy of trust. Would you store your data in V.PS?

yes. it shows they actually monitor for fraudulent usage.

dont hate the player, hate the game. if you obviously circumvented their policies and signed up successfully, they can reciprocate likewise.

in a way we gotta thank such shameless customers. now the merchant has spare capacity for cheap sales!

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

@Neoon said: What about using correct information?

We have never banned customers who comply with our TOS and AUP.

@newlan said: v.ps is deleting accounts indiscriminately

We have never deleted or terminated any accounts. For those customers who use fake information to order the service, we will suspend and send a ticket to them.

Yesterday we suspended two accounts with fake information, and we have already contacted the customers to fix the issues, they haven't responded yet.

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • Even worse than virmach, hell no.

• GOOD666GOOD666 Member
    edited May 2023

@hkbbdx said:

V.PS lures users to buy with a 2-5 year discount. If the user’s registration information is incorrect, a formal company can prohibit the user from purchasing VPS, instead of waiting for paypal to exceed the refund time, and then refund the user due to user information. , and refuse to refund the user, which is a fraudulent company. Please buy carefully!

V.PS以2-5年的折扣引诱用户购买,如果用户注册信息不正确,正规的企业可以禁止用户购买VPS,而不是等paypal超过退款时间后,再因用户信息的问题来清退用户,并拒绝给用户退款,这属于诈骗公司。请大家小心购买!

🤡🤡🤡🤡

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

郭秀峰,诸暨人

• suutsuut Member

If his name is 222, then the ban is not the provider's fault.

@suut said:

Suspended customer's name is like 123, address is like adsf

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited May 2023

1Tb seems extremely low. I think this is keeping many potential buyers at bay.

• @suut said:

I don't think there's any different between 222 and James, if they're all fake information.

Just wondering why a hosting company could require the "REAL" information lol.

• suutsuut Member

@Greyhound said:

@suut said:

I don't think there's any different between 222 and James, if they're all fake information.

Just wondering why a hosting company could require the "REAL" information lol.

He probably doesn't need to provide authentication like ovh and Netcup does. So he doesn't need to be 100% true, but it shouldn't be 100% false.

customer's name is like 123, address is like adsf

It's 100% fake.

• @raindog308 said:
    Me trying to figure out what bonus people are getting for copy/pasting that...

Idk either... :'(

• @suut said: He probably doesn't need to provide authentication like ovh and Netcup does. So he doesn't need to be 100% true, but it shouldn't be 100% false.

>

So, what's the different between 100% false and not 100% false? I mean why a hosting provider needs to care about a client information?

@Greyhound said: why a hosting provider needs to care about a client information?

To prevent any suspicious activities like virus, fraud, phishing and spamming.

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

v.ps是没有契约精神的提供商,为什么那么多vps提供商都得到中国用户的好评!而单独对v.ps你们却是一致的差评?
    如果还有人想体验v.ps的低劣服务,欢迎购买他们的服务vps
    -————————————————————————
    v.ps is a provider without the spirit of contract. Why do so many vps providers get good comments from Chinese users! But you have unanimously bad reviews on v.ps alone. If anyone wants to experience the inferior service of v.ps, welcome buy their service vps

• evanvanevanvan Member

another trash- know better