Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT - Page 35
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT

Comments

• to be fair, all customer need 1 week revision too ...
    UPDATE services
    SET date = DATE_ADD(date, INTERVAL 1 week )
    or
    UPDATE [TABLE_NAME]
    SET [MY_DATA_FIELD] = DATEADD(WEEK, 1, [MY_DATA_FIELD])
    however, having 1k+ row update might cause backend DB service crash, adding unnecessary downtime (again)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@0xC7 said:
    however, having 1k+ row update might cause backend DB service crash, adding unnecessary downtime (again)

One thousand rows is nothing for a database.
    One million rows is when you need to worry about database lockup.

Thanked by 2brueggus tentor
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@harrison said:

@Calin said: Hello , make now tests , it's more better port speed

Not complaining but here it is:

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 136 Mbits/sec   | 294 Mbits/sec   | --
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 144 Mbits/sec   | 410 Mbits/sec   | 44.2 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 50.4 Mbits/sec  | 351 Mbits/sec   | --

Wow, great! I sometimes have under 1 mbit.

@yoursunny said:

@Calin said:

@yoursunny said: Will you extend service expiration date by one week, to offset the downtime?

Hello , that it's impossible because we have 1k+ VPS with this specifications and need change manual expiration date

So you want 1K+ tickets each asking you to change expiration date?

I don't care about that, for example, I just want to know I can keep this service in the future.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Calin said:
    Hello , make now tests , it's more better port speed

Regards

Because the node is empty or you put less containers on it?
    Or did you upgrade the port?

• harrisonharrison Member
    edited October 2023

@Neoon said: Because the node is empty or you put less containers on it?

What is meant by "node" in this context? A dedicated physical computer?

@harrison said:

@Neoon said: Because the node is empty or you put less containers on it?

What is meant by "node" in this context? A dedicated physical computer?

Basically, you could also call it smol plate of chicken in a computer room.

• @Neoon said: Basically, you could also call it smol plate of chicken in a computer room.

I have a question. Suppose I have a dedicated server (like those having 16 core CPU and 32GB RAM).
    Is there a software that can be run on it so I can create VPS instances (containers) for other people to use? With networking and sharing CPU cycles managed by the software's web-ui?

@harrison said:

@Neoon said: Basically, you could also call it smol plate of chicken in a computer room.

I have a question. Suppose I have a dedicated server (like those having 16 core CPU and 32GB RAM).
    Is there a software that can be run on it so I can create VPS instances (containers) for other people to use? With networking and sharing CPU cycles managed by the software's web-ui?

Proxmox

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @Neoon said: Proxmox

Is this the same thing you use to run your KVM and LXC free services?

@harrison said:

@Neoon said: Proxmox

Is this the same thing you use to run your KVM and LXC free services?

KVM yes, LXC no.

• @Neoon said: KVM yes, LXC no.

Do these "resellers" that provide cheap shared NAT VPS use Proxmox on a dedi?
    When there is a problem, they solving it means clicking on GUI option of the software? Or migrating to a new IP means running a function of the software?

@Neoon said: LXC no

Why not? The over head is so little that I run containers in my KS-1. I imagine there is a different issue.

• Looks better for sure. Hope it remains that way, and doesn't drop to 1Mbps in a few days time

https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1697526383_NMZGQN_EU.txt

CPU has also changed from X5660 to E2450

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock

@Maounique said:

@Neoon said: LXC no

Why not? The over head is so little that I run containers in my KS-1. I imagine there is a different issue.

He asked if I am using Proxmox for the free LXC stuff in my sig.
    My answer was no, since I don't.

But I do use LXC with LXD but not Proxmox.

• @sh97 said: CPU has also changed from X5660 to E2450

I'm wondering how did he migrate all customer VPS with all their systemd services and disk data intact to another physical hardware

@Neoon said: My answer was no, since I don't.

I understand that, the question was why? Not criticizing, my guess would have been due to the overhead, but it can't be that, is it?

• @harrison said:

@sh97 said: CPU has also changed from X5660 to E2450

I'm wondering how did he migrate all customer VPS with all their systemd services and disk data intact to another physical hardware

Maybe @Calin can answer that.
    Usually it's done easily from control panel, maybe natvps panel supported that.

@Maounique said:

@Neoon said: My answer was no, since I don't.

I understand that, the question was why? Not criticizing, my guess would have been due to the overhead, but it can't be that, is it?

I checked my manifesto in my git repo, that was my first commit on microlxc.
    It says:

"Without Proxmox => low system req & memory usage"

The first nodes had 2GB of system memory, Proxmox doesn't fit on that.
    Also, wanted to try something else, since I knew the proxmox API already.

• edited October 2023

@0xC7 said: to be fair, all customer need 1 week revision too

I think customers are already compensated by better CPU performance and faster network connection, offsetting the downtime.

Although the improvement is trivial (32 nm CPU -> 32 nm CPU), it does exist.

Thanked by 1sugarman
  • mee2mee2 Member
    edited October 2023

Looks like new ip address is live now. But how do you log in? Old login credentials don't work. So how can you reinstall? Where is the panel? Ihostart.micronode.co.uk doesn't appear to have any effect.
    @Calin any help?

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

@yoursunny said: So you want 1K+ tickets each asking you to change expiration date?

No, he already knows how much he has to work, he wrote it himself. Although, @Calin , My VPS that cost 6 Bucks / Year does not reach 1.5 Tbps, answer my ticket #fe4uvt5rcw7ibtj.

Also no IPV9, damn mann :smiley:

• Any updates? @Calin, when will be all set due to the recent migration? Checking my VPS is not yet finished. Will you need extra days to work it on?
    Your support is really helpful. Thanks.

• @Calin are these cheap NAT offers renewable ? Or get cancelled at the end of billing period ?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

Hello @jmaxwell so for now , we don't have any plan for cancel this products , we try to make more better for remove number of tickets/problems

I'f problems persist in next months and have same amount of problems we start cancelled at the end of billing period . But again , for now we don't have this plans , we back in next months with a official answer

Thanks again for you interest!

Regards

Thanked by 2Maounique arash31a
  • Dear @Calin, would you please check the status, since there are 2 weeks more after reporting the downtime issue?

Your quick response is much appreciated!

Best Regards,

• @mee2 said:
    Looks like new ip address is live now. But how do you log in? Old login credentials don't work. So how can you reinstall? Where is the panel? Ihostart.micronode.co.uk doesn't appear to have any effect.
    @Calin any help?

did you get this problem solved?

• @dclink said:

@mee2 said:
    @Calin any help?

did you get this problem solved?

Nopes. Still a problem. @Calin needs to look into this. Many have reported this problem.

• My VPS on the second host is finally back up. However, still very slow:

$ time ls
    data

real 2m13.941s
    user 0m0.003s
    sys 0m6.345s

• Support and look forward to participating in more activities. B)