Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@equalz said:
    silent jay and bob :'(

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2023

Jay let Jord do support but restricted access to important systems, billing etc.

existing customers still got credits.

still accepted new customer payment.

servers suddenly go down for non payment.

doesnt raise an alarm?

Jay nice guy still? or has circumstances changed him and even those who "i know him we go way back" did not realize that?

how will existing customers data be handled? are they still secure?

in family there's also family betrayal. Bob gangsta.

Thanked by 3yoursunny msallak1 adly
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

@Francisco said:

@equalz said:
    silent jay and bob :'(

one of the best movies ever, where "political incorrectness" was still allowed in cinemas.
    i miss these times so much, there is no fun in comedies without "politically incorrect" language or jokes.
    https://s1.fileditch.ch/tntxmlRxqjNOSktCxxV.mp4 (warning: can be offensive to certain people, don't watch it on speakers near starbucks or hoods)

snowflakes get offended too easily and sadly we have "double standards" now.
    black people can make racial jokes towards other races but white people cannot make jokes towards any race. much freedom.

if you like to laugh at retarded shit and retarded american politicans and pseudo-politicans, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8258924/ - many people will find this series "offensive", "racist" or "nazi or something like that". one of its kind, I have not seen something like that anywhere(maybe from independent creators on bitchute, bitwave or odysee, but these are not series).

• @Liso said:
    What a downfall, from top host to imminent deadpool.

If I tell you in 2021, that NB will close shop in about a year, no one would believe it.

Hostdoc nosedived into abyss within few hours from being a top provider if you still remember that lol.

Thanked by 2msallak1 bdl
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2023

@stefeman said:

@Liso said:
    What a downfall, from top host to imminent deadpool.

If I tell you in 2021, that NB will close shop in about a year, no one would believe it.

Hostdoc nosedived into abyss within few hours from being a top provider if you still remember that lol.

True, but it's one thing to fall slowly while having a custom parachute designed by fans; and it's a completely different thing to fall without any parachute and with lots of angry customers as weight to accelerate your fall.

Thanked by 2AuroraZero Liso
  • I just wanted to publicly say a massive thank you to @Zare for helping out when they really didn't have to. I know where I'll be going when I need a dedicated in the UK :)

• dusstdusst Member
    edited January 2023

One more thank to @Zare for their support in this situation.

And a question to 'NB family' members: should we ask for refunds for example from PayPal for the paid but not provided service or let daddy RIP (as he was for a long time a good daddy) ? :)

PS. my last NB VPS in London peacefully died on Friday

Thanked by 3Zare kait NANO
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I just ordered my first dedicated from @zare yesterday after their good service here.

• @JamesF said:
    I just ordered my first dedicated from @zare yesterday after their good service here.

I want to order a dedicated from them because of how professional they have acted here.... unfortunately I don't need one

But will bear zare in mind for the future

Thanked by 3Zare bdl default
  • Just lost access to my NJ-based storage VPS. I guess this means we'll see some more new offers from ReliableSite coming up soon.

• @chip said:

@JamesF said:

I want to order a dedicated from them because of how professional they have acted here.... unfortunately I don't need one

Zare also sells VPS directly via hydracom and https://nitrous-networks.com/virtual-dedicated-servers

Thanked by 3Zare chip kuroit
  • @stefeman said:

@chip said:

@JamesF said:

Zare also sells VPS directly via hydracom and https://nitrous-networks.com/virtual-dedicated-servers

I did not know that...thanks I will take a look

• nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:

@LionBear said:

@stefeman said:

@MrRadic said:

@cybertech said:
    they suing NByed?

We're not suing anyone.

We won't get involved due to potential legal liability here. This isn't the first time this has happened and won't be the last. Unfortunately from a legal standpoint, this is a slippery slope if we get in the middle of it. There may be more happening with NB than we know about (or there might be nothing at all). We're avoiding legal risk on our end.

I won't get into any further discussion here, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Yet @Zare chose to help users save their data.

I have hard time understanding the legal implications if you just unsuspend the network or reboot the machines briefly like Zare did. If NB did not want people to access their data, he could just block it from the system itself. The fact remains that its offline due to non-payment and you don't give a shit about the end users since they are not your customers directly lol.

Try not being greedy just once, could you?

Exactly what I was thinking. People here just want their files and run the hell away from NexusBytes. It's our fault to not have a recent backup, but who would have thought NexusBytes will scam their users?

If @Zare did it, I don't see why @MrRadic can't do this. I even offered a small payment as a gesture, this is a joke the data has probably been deleted the minute the servers were unpaid.

According to hearsay one of their team members said elsewhere that they already repurposed those servers days ago due to non-payment, so there's nothing to restore even if he agreed to do so. The above explanation is likely BS if there's no data left. I don't understand why he won't say it directly, so I decided to check by asking.

Apparently its true then.

@JabJab said:
    Yes, blame MrRadic, lol. You guys drunk.

If he has the servers, it takes him 5 mins to unsuspend or reboot them and costs him about 10€ in electricity and bandwidth to keep them up for few hours so people can take their most important data out. He also gets good reputation by doing so.

But instead he chose against that.

It would not matter if @Zare did not unsuspend the services, but after their nice gesture, MrRadic suddenly looks rather uncaring.

Salute to @Zare They really do care about people even if they are not direct customers of theirs. And why shouldn't they? The entire thing is caused by non-payment and then by their own suspension. Essentially its offline due to their decision after non-payment. Same applies with MrRadic, who decided to revenge NB for non-payment by suspending everything before people could back up or by nuking all the data instead.

2 Providers, 2 very different approaches.

This is where we see the difference between boys and real men.

Nothing further to comment.

Thanked by 1Zare
  • Also with NexusBytes and don't have recent backups, oops! Client Area is down too.

Guess it's all lost lol, no idea where my location is but it didn't go down until Friday, 20th this thread started on Sunday, 15th.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Copper said: Client Area is down

It's up.

Just logged on.

• See.s like "supporters" are the same as were with Borta when he floped and scamed. Now this. Victims should fire paypal and cc chargeback immediately.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I don’t get nexusbytes. At least give clients notice.

He had help - hand over the reigns and a card and keep it going.

It’s a shame, but this is why you should always have offsite backups.

• bendropbendrop Member
    edited January 2023

Dang just found this thread and realized why my backup servers are down.

Any recommendations for decent priced Windows plans with at least 800gb of storage and as close to London as possible..?

• so I have no services left with Nexusbyte but I do have $120 credit with them, what’s the best option? Buy a domain for 10 years and transfer it out?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Salomon123 said:
    so I have no services left with Nexusbyte but I do have $120 credit with them, what’s the best option? Buy a domain for 10 years and transfer it out?

domains need to sit for 60 days so you’ll have to deal with namesilo if the boat doesn’t right.

Francisco

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@Salomon123 said:
    so I have no services left with Nexusbyte but I do have $120 credit with them, what’s the best option? Buy a domain for 10 years and transfer it out?

when I tried to do something similar only one year was processed (the two additional years I added were not pushed to Namesilo despite my account having the credit deducted). Currently going through the waiting game as per Namesilo's processes to try and get the domain transferred. I've given up on NB replying.

Just going to write it off as experience.

• Thanks @Francisco and @bdl

I stopped services with NB mid last year and totally forgot about my credits. Just tried and yeah can only process a single year for a domain which going to suck. I actually have $130USD. As I forgot about it, call it a loss and move on :|

Thanked by 2bdl Liso
  • @DP said:

@Copper said: Client Area is down

It's up.

Just logged on.

The client area is up, but can't do anything or see any stats. Can't do reinstall either in clientarea.php or in "Enduser panel" or see server specs, etc. I have a ticket open for 24 hours as I'm trying to wipe my remaining services before the server goes down. I do still have SSH/SFTP access, but would like to do a reinstall just for safety (best way to do a full wipe via SSH if I still have root access?)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@muddy said: The client area is up, but can't do anything or see any stats. Can't do reinstall either in clientarea.php or in "Enduser panel" or see server specs, etc.

It's Virtualizor.

I experienced it some weeks ago, raised a ticket and it was fixed.

Looks like it's broken again.

Oh well.

• @DP - all
    I think the title of this thread should be changed as I beleive we have given Nexusbytes enough time and @Jord has already explained the situation.

Can we change the title to

Nexusbytes - serious problems - get backups NOW (if possible)

Thanked by 1maverick
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2023

panel.mymanagementpanel.com
    control.mymanagementpanel.com

all can't working

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@hotsnow said:

all can't working

Nexus Bytes LLC - Affordable boutique servers, priceless bespoke experience.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@hotsnow said:

all can't working

Yikes. Can confirm.

https://control.mymanagementpanel.com:4083/ was the panel I used for a (since migrated) DNS server.

I hate seeing it happen, but looks like the wheels are falling off now.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@MannDude said:

@hotsnow said:

all can't working

Yikes. Can confirm.

https://control.mymanagementpanel.com:4083/ was the panel I used for a (since migrated) DNS server.

Both panels are hosted with Hetzner, it'd seem. So... Maybe Hetzner bill(s) overdue?

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2023

@MannDude said:

@MannDude said:

@hotsnow said:

all can't working

Yikes. Can confirm.

Both panels are hosted with Hetzner, it'd seem. So... Maybe Hetzner bill(s) overdue?

https://control.mymanagementpanel.com:4083/ can't connect (I have two vps in this panel)
    https://panel.mymanagementpanel.com:4083/ can connect but can't manage vps (I have one vps in this panel)

Thanked by 1MannDude