Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat!

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@yoursunny said:

@NDTN said:

@mockingbird said:
    @NDTN any chance of getting early access to SolusVM2 please :-)?

Not yet, we will start testing SolusVM2.0 once the major features and the update script from v1 to v2 are available.

Can I opt-out of the disaster called SolusVM 2.0?

• It cannot boot system from ISO image.
    • It only allows using the first IPv6 address; all other IPv6 addresses are blocked.
      I must be able to use several IPv6 addresses, through an NDP responder.

These features are working today, and I expect them to continue working.
    If you upgrade SolusVM 2.0 and break these features, I'll have to cancel service.

We will only upgrade to SolusVM 2.0 once all features from v1 are available as stated, so no worries ;)

• @NDTN
    Is there plan similar with this in LA?

EPYCDE-2
    Double RAM + Bandwidth for Triennial payments
    No refund/Money back on this plan
    3072MB RAM
    1024MB SWAP
    35GB NVMe 4.0 RAID-10 Hard drive
    2 cores @ EPYC Milan CPU
    1 IPv4
    /112 IPv6
    5TB Bandwidth
    10Gbps Port
    Linux OS
    Frankfurt, DE Location
    SolusVM Control Panel

@cgs3238 said:
    @NDTN
    Is there plan similar with this in LA?

EPYCDE-2
    Double RAM + Bandwidth for Triennial payments
    No refund/Money back on this plan
    3072MB RAM
    1024MB SWAP
    35GB NVMe 4.0 RAID-10 Hard drive
    2 cores @ EPYC Milan CPU
    1 IPv4
    /112 IPv6
    5TB Bandwidth
    10Gbps Port
    Linux OS
    Frankfurt, DE Location
    SolusVM Control Panel

We have SJC location for that plan, there will be no LA.

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited February 2023

@noisycode said:
    What is the CPU model for VDS plans exactly?

We are using EPYC Milan 7763, there might be different models in other locations, but still pretty the same frequency/performance.

Nice, any YABS for 1-vCore and 2-vCores specs?

And would it be possible to bind 3 vCores to 3 different physical cores for VDS-3?

• Hello @NDTN, Is there any update on SG DC1? Will premium KVM plans available on it once ready?

@noisycode said:

@noisycode said:

We are using EPYC Milan 7763, there might be different models in other locations, but still pretty the same frequency/performance.

And would it be possible to bind 3 vCores to 3 different physical cores for VDS-3?

You will have dedicated physical cores on our VDS plans, they are not vcores.

@GKannan said:
    Hello @NDTN, Is there any update on SG DC1? Will premium KVM plans available on it once ready?

Premium plans will be available in 1-2 months there, we are still having issues with the uplinks, hopefully it can be resolved this week.

Thanked by 2GKannan bamboo4409
    edited February 2023

@NDTN said:

@noisycode said:

@noisycode said:

Wait, what? Are these hyperthreaded cores, or are they not? If they are logical cores, may I have 3 logical cores bound to 3 physical cores, say a cpu set of 0, 2, 4.

@noisycode said:

@NDTN said:

@noisycode said:

@noisycode said:

Wait, what? Are these hyperthreaded cores, or are they not? If they are logical cores, may I have 3 logical cores bound to 3 physical cores, say a cpu set of 0, 2, 4.

As stated they are physical cores, you have 1,2,3... physical cores and can use 100% of them, there is no restriction.

Thanked by 2noisycode bamboo4409
  • @NDTN said:

@umzak said:
    when will vds be available in singapore?

Soon~~!

Please be kind enough to email your current customer on the SG VDS launch. <3

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @NDTN do you offer an optional paid service to migrate a site over?

@bamboo4409 said:
    @NDTN do you offer an optional paid service to migrate a site over?

Unfortunately we dont have that service available yet.

• SJC storage is still maintenance?
    An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

• @umzak said:
    SJC storage is still maintenance?
    An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Yeah,

Expected downtime: 30 - 60 minutes
    Reason: Replacement of faulty hardware

It's been 5 hours, I think

@umzak said:

@lowfatgeek said:

@umzak said:

Yeah,

Expected downtime: 30 - 60 minutes
    Reason: Replacement of faulty hardware

It's been 5 hours, I think

The initial maintenance has been done in 60 minutes (replacing a fan) to resolve the high CPU temperature issue. But the server has been on and off since then, we are waiting for the DC to repaste the CPU and replace the heatsink so it’s taking longer than expected. We will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Thanked by 2MallocVoidstar arda
    edited February 2023

@NDTN said:

@noisycode said:

@NDTN said:

@noisycode said:

@noisycode said:

As stated they are physical cores, you have 1,2,3... physical cores and can use 100% of them, there is no restriction.

Awesome. When would the official announcement come into place?

• Will vds be listed in Tokyo?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bamboo4409 said:
    @NDTN do you offer an optional paid service to migrate a site over?

@MichaelCee https://helpmyit.co.uk/ will do it, for a small bag of British cash.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @NDTN said:
    The initial maintenance has been done in 60 minutes (replacing a fan) to resolve the high CPU temperature issue. But the server has been on and off since then, we are waiting for the DC to repaste the CPU and replace the heatsink so it’s taking longer than expected. We will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Fantastic :)

Would it be possible to migrate the affected VMs to another host when one host is taken down for planned maintenance?

• Happy Valentine's Day! @NDTN

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Can someone log in SolusVM and check under Network -> IPv6 Subnets if removal of individual IPv6 from the SolusVM work or without removing address still redirect to the:

This page isn’t working
    cp.greencloudvps.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 2023

No, removing is not working - HTTP 500.

Now I have 5 more IPv6 IPs there, thanks :angry:

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited February 2023

Hehe, thanks! :)

I tryed to explain it to the support and they think that solution is in old subnet removal from the control panel and that's it :)

I hope that with some persistence which ended up with video caption of the issue I finally convienced them that it's not issue on my own side and it affect all vps clients :P

• Loving the price range of these 10-20 eur VDS. Overall grunt just feels so much better in these Gen3 EPYCs + PCIe 4.0 combos than the old gen. Really hoping you can keep the pricing in that ballpark going forward

• Hi Please double the bandwidth if possible, thank you very much
    My invoice number

• Will there be 2222 EPYC or Ryzen deals in the APAC locations especially in SG and HK on Feb 22? xD

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • phanhphanh Member, Host Rep

@yamashi said:
    Hi Please double the bandwidth if possible, thank you very much
    My invoice number

We apologize that BudgetKVMDE-1 is not applicable to that special offer.

@davide said:

@NDTN said:

Fantastic :)

Would it be possible to migrate the affected VMs to another host when one host is taken down for planned maintenance?

This has been resolved a few hours ago, the CPU temperature has been back to normal, we will send out an official email to customers on that node soon.

@JabJab said:
    No, removing is not working - HTTP 500.

Now I have 5 more IPv6 IPs there, thanks :angry:

@Mumbly said:
    Hehe, thanks! :)

I tryed to explain it to the support and they think that solution is in old subnet removal from the control panel and that's it :)

I hope that with some persistence which ended up with video caption of the issue I finally convienced them that it's not issue on my own side and it affect all vps clients :P

It seems that SolusVM broke that when they upgraded to PHP 8.1, reported the bug to them already.

@nick_ said:
    Will there be 2222 EPYC or Ryzen deals in the APAC locations especially in SG and HK on Feb 22? xD

Maybe ;)

Thanked by 3nick_ noisycode bdl
  • after the maintenance, now storage sjc has a good geekbench score, and i also get an extra 1 month for free, thanks :)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1207
    Multi Core      | 1207
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20652410

YABS completed in 3 min 19 sec

Thanked by 1NDTN