Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat! - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat!

Comments

• @Arkas said:

@vitobotta said: Dokku is awesome.

Could you do a mini review on your experience with dokku in a new thread. It would be very interesting IMO.

I wrote a post about it https://vitobotta.com/2022/02/16/deploying-an-app-with-dokku/

Thanked by 3Arkas ariq01 dusst
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Thanks! Reading it now.

• @NDTN said:

@luissousa said:
    I talked about suboptimal routing between Coventry and Manchester here before. Well, now, I'm seeing pings of 90-110ms from Coventry to Manchester. Pings from a server with you in Coventry to both servers with you and other providers in Manchester. May want to look into that.

You mean between our Coventry and Manchester locations? We will take a look at that.

Yes

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2023

@vitobotta said:
    Yesterday I transferred the 3 VPS I had with GreenCloud and today I bought another one lol. I had migrated 3 apps to Heroku but it was $60/mo. I fit the 3 apps in a GreenCloud VPS that costs $25 per YEAR and there is even memory left for other apps lol. I seem unable to let go of self hosting completely :D But $25/year vs $60/month is a huge difference. I am using Dokku for these apps, so I get an experience similar to Heroku's with git-push based deploys. Dokku is awesome.

It is a curse. Heroku also has kinda hefty pricing imho.

• @arda said:

@NDTN said:

@arda said:
    Hello, I just received this e-mail from [email protected], and it's been a while since my last payment, so is this legit?

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for the invoice payment. However, we need to verify this new credit card as a payment method to keep our VPS platform fraud-free. To verify, please send us a copy of your credit card, which has your name and the credit card number. You can black out the first 6 digits of the credit card. We would appreciate your cooperation, you will have to do it only once for this credit card. Please respond to our email within 3 working days, otherwise we will have to suspend the service.
    We apologize for any inconveniences that may result from this process.

Thank you again for your cooperation,
    Your GreenCloud team.

If so, The issue is that I use a virtual card. I almost never use physical credit cards online, and as their nature they don't have a physical form.

Even so, even if this is legit, I personally don't feel comfortable with the current validation (like giving you a photo of my card).

Additionally, 3d secure 2nd step over visa/mastercard/amex should have validated my identity and legitimacy already (an sms/push notification to my banking app comes to phone for validation upon payment, and I input the 2nd step validation code). Maybe implementing a validaiton over 3d secure would be better if you'd ask me.

Could you please drop me a PM with your client email address? Our billing staff will go through all Paypal/Credit card payments manually every few days and will request additional verification if the new cards were added or changing from other payment methods. That helped us a lot to reduce the dispute/chargeback rates.

Hello, thanks for the interest! Of course, that makes a lot of sense actually! Just dispatched my info over DM :blush:

NDTN just solved my issue regarding the card validation. Thank you 🙏

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Looking at a VPS in SG between $25 Budget & $35 Premium, Budget is 25% lower in bandwidth but has more RAM & SWAP, HD space is same but on different RAID level and cores are ESv4 v EPYC.

Are there any other fundamental diffs such as level of support? VPS would be hosting some basic WordPress sites - does the Premium VPS totally outclass the Budget or are they not too far in performance?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@gowrann said:
    Looking at a VPS in SG between $25 Budget & $35 Premium, Budget is 25% lower in bandwidth but has more RAM & SWAP, HD space is same but on different RAID level and cores are ESv4 v EPYC.

Are there any other fundamental diffs such as level of support? VPS would be hosting some basic WordPress sites - does the Premium VPS totally outclass the Budget or are they not too far in performance?

There is no difference in terms of support. With Premium you will have better CPU and NVMe instead of normal SSD on Budget plans, if you need more RAM and cheaper option then you can choose Budget.

Thanked by 1gowrann
  • Is it possible to implement full disk encryption into the VM?

• @NDTN What's going on with your Tokyo location today? Are you being ddosed?

• @bench said:
    @NDTN What's going on with your Tokyo location today? Are you being ddosed?

It seems like also other providers hosted there were affected so not necessarily attack directly on GVH.

Thanked by 2bench NDTN
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bench said:

Rumor says it's 13yo kid attacking V.PS.
    GreenCloud and VirMach are on the same connection so they are affected.

Thanked by 2bench NDTN
  • @akhfa said:
    Is it possible to implement full disk encryption into the VM?

Yes, it is possible to implement full disk encryption on a virtual machine (VM). There are several ways to do this, depending on the hypervisor and operating system being used. One way is to use built-in encryption features provided by the hypervisor, such as vSphere Encryption for VMware or BitLocker for Hyper-V. Another way is to use third-party encryption software that is compatible with the operating system running on the VM, such as VeraCrypt or dm-crypt. Additionally, some operating systems, like Linux, have inbuilt Full Disk Encryption.

Answer by chatgpt.

Thanked by 2NDTN akhfa

@akhfa said:
    Is it possible to implement full disk encryption into the VM?

Yes you can mount the OS iso from the SolusVM Control Panel then enable full disk encryption during the installation.

@bench said:

Our upstream provider (xTOM) was attacked so the network was unstable, as they updated their core routers and added a few more, the attack has been mitigated and the network should be back to normal already.

Thanked by 2akhfa bench
    edited January 2023

Some updates:
    1. Our Frankfurt, DE EPYC nodes will arrive on Monday, so our Premium plans there will be available in early Feb.
    2. We are slowly switching assigned IPv6 blocks from /112 to /64 in all our locations. Customers will receive an email when a location is ready with /64. Current locations with /64:

• Amsterdam, NL
    • Ho Chi Minh City, VN
    • Denver, CO

Next ones should be:

• Tokyo, JP
    • Dallas, TX
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Chicago, IL
    • Buffalo, NY
      etc.
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@NDTN said:
    We are slowly switching assigned IPv6 blocks from /112 to /64 in all our locations.

clap

Is it routed (not on-link) IPv6?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @NDTN is the double RAM and bandwidth still apply for KVMBUDGET HCM for 3 years payment?

• @NDTN said: 1. Our Frankfurt, DE EPYC nodes will arrive on Monday, so our Premium plans there will be available in early Feb.

I am ready, please some EP(Y/I)C introductory deals ;')

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Hi @NDTN , do you have plans to support ipv6 reverse DNS or allow customer side control of reverse DNS without opening up a ticket for ipv4, ipv6, or both?

Very good services.

@yoursunny said:

@NDTN said:
    We are slowly switching assigned IPv6 blocks from /112 to /64 in all our locations.

clap

Is it routed (not on-link) IPv6?

Yes.

@phucvandinh said:
    @NDTN is the double RAM and bandwidth still apply for KVMBUDGET HCM for 3 years payment?

Double RAM & bandwidth is no longer available for those plans.

@unsafetypin said:
    Hi @NDTN , do you have plans to support ipv6 reverse DNS or allow customer side control of reverse DNS without opening up a ticket for ipv4, ipv6, or both?

Very good services.

We dont support rDNS for IPv6 yet. For IPv4 you can always open a ticket to our support department, we need to do this to reduce spamming issues.

• Need deals from SG DC1 <3

Thanked by 1umzak
  • @kheng86 said:
    Need deals from SG DC1 <3

Yes some SG DC1 deals would be awesome right now!

• maybe in february, last year i got 2222-SG

• Do you have any Tokyo Lookingglass or testing IP?

• @namein said:
    Do you have any Tokyo Lookingglass or testing IP?

https://greencloudvps.com/data-centers.php

Tokyo Datacenter

Ping/Traceroute Test IPv4

Ping/Traceroute Test IPv6
    2403:fbc0:1000::1

Thanked by 2namein NDTN

@luissousa said:

@NDTN said:

@luissousa said:
    I talked about suboptimal routing between Coventry and Manchester here before. Well, now, I'm seeing pings of 90-110ms from Coventry to Manchester. Pings from a server with you in Coventry to both servers with you and other providers in Manchester. May want to look into that.

You mean between our Coventry and Manchester locations? We will take a look at that.

Yes

We are seeing ~10ms between our Coventry <-> Manchester locations, could you please check again? Maybe you can drop me a PM with both sides MTR if you have other results.

@kheng86 said:
    Need deals from SG DC1 <3

We dont have an exact date for SG DC1 deals, but it might be in Feb.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited January 2023

@NDTN said:

@luissousa said:

@NDTN said:

@luissousa said:

Yes

We are seeing ~10ms between our Coventry <-> Manchester locations, could you please check again? Maybe you can drop me a PM with both sides MTR if you have other results.

Seems back to usual now, yap. Thanks. Would be great if in the future they're routed directly instead of through London (and would reduce it to half [4-5ms]).

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited January 2023

It's amazing! My ticket (billing related) was answered and resolved in just 3min.

Imgur

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @noisycode said:
    It's amazing! My ticket (billing related) was answered and resolved in just 3min.

Imgur

their support is known to be fast and furious.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @cybertech said: their support is known to be fast and furious.

For an hour, yes, it's fast; but for 3min, that's insane.

Thanked by 2NDTN haodo
  • Have had great experience with support. For my case, almost all times within minutes of creating a ticket, a rep would respond saying they are looking into it. And then it needs some back and forth to clean the issue at hand.

Thanked by 2NDTN haodo