Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat! - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat!

Comments

• Your test files for SG DC1 aren't working (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE).

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@definitelyliam said:
    Your test files for SG DC1 aren't working (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE).

I have just fixed it, please try again now.

Budget VPS will be available in SG DC1 in a few weeks.

Thanked by 1kheng86
  • edited March 2023

How about modern gear with dedicated cpu and non metered bw?
    Maybe that's possible in kcmo ?
    ;)

The CPU is E5-2690v4.

@inthecloudblog said:
    How about modern gear with dedicated cpu and non metered bw?
    Maybe that's possible in kcmo ?
    ;)

Unfortunately we will not be able to do unmetered bandwidth, it costs a lot in most of the locations.

• Hi @NDTN , please let me know if there are any offers on your EPYC NVME servers.

• @victorm said:
    Hi @NDTN , please let me know if there are any offers on your EPYC NVME servers.

a lot of those on https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/premium-kvm-sale

• @JabJab said:

@victorm said:
    Hi @NDTN , please let me know if there are any offers on your EPYC NVME servers.

a lot of those on https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/premium-kvm-sale

Great, thanks for your help :)

• I caused some CPU overload today by rebuilding a MySQL database, maybe for a total of 30 minutes at full load. Luckily no abuse protection kicked in and I was able to finish.

At what point does protection kick in?

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • please update stock for budget kvm's singapore locations.

• @NDTN please update stock for budget kvm's Singapore locations and tell me the ETA or provide a good annual deal on Singapore server, requirement 3-4 cpu, 4-8gb ram, 60 to 80 gb ssd or nvme. want to host a woocommerce site with 5k products and 30k monthly visitors.

• @urshobhit said:
    @NDTN please update stock for budget kvm's Singapore locations and tell me the ETA or provide a good annual deal on Singapore server, requirement 3-4 cpu, 4-8gb ram, 60 to 80 gb ssd or nvme. want to host a woocommerce site with 5k products and 30k monthly visitors.

On a LET server, … ballsy

Thanked by 3gemexe bdl nick_
  • @NDTN can you please check Ticket ID: 347331 ?

@davide said:
    I caused some CPU overload today by rebuilding a MySQL database, maybe for a total of 30 minutes at full load. Luckily no abuse protection kicked in and I was able to finish.

At what point does protection kick in?

It only kicks in when both of the following parameters met:

• VM's CPU overloaded.
    • Node's load is extremely high, causing negative impacts to other customers on the same node.

It rarely happens, maybe just a few times a year or we have nodes online for years without turning off/suspend overloading VPS.

@inthecloudblog said:
    @NDTN can you please check Ticket ID: 347331 ?

I will take a look at that. Thanks!

Thanked by 2davide ariq01

@urshobhit said:
    @NDTN please update stock for budget kvm's Singapore locations and tell me the ETA or provide a good annual deal on Singapore server, requirement 3-4 cpu, 4-8gb ram, 60 to 80 gb ssd or nvme. want to host a woocommerce site with 5k products and 30k monthly visitors.

We will have more stocks for Budget KVM in SG later this month. Need to ship servers to our Singapore DC1.

Just would like to give some updates after a long time:
    1. Not "new" plans, but new group of Storage KVM VPS Sale now available at: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/storage-kvm-sale
    We will add more locations soon, i.e Amsterdam, NL; Tokyo, JP, etc.

1. Our Singapore DC1 has been online for a few weeks, finally, after too many efforts. We have a lot of room there for deploying new servers, so we will add Budget & Premium KVM plans in the next few weeks. Current offers: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/storage-kvm-sale

2. Osaka -> Tokyo: we have just finished migrating our servers from Osaka to Tokyo on April 1. No IPv4 renumbering, just a new /64 IPv6 assigned. Current VPS in Tokyo will be assign a new /64 soon.
      A photo of this new rack in our Tokyo DC:

1. Phoenix DC migration: it has been completed on March 29. Network is now 10Gbps, we will have Budget & Premium KVM plans available soon.

What will happen next?

1. We are still slowly upgrading the remaining locations with 1Gbps network to 10Gbps, in most cases they will be migrated to new DCs. Next locations should be Hanoi, VN; Seattle, WA; Toronto, ON.

2. We are planning to phase out Ryzen KVM plans, due to a lot of limitations of the Ryzen boards: 128GB RAM maximum, no native U.2/U.3 NVMe support - so only RAID-1 of M.2 NVMe available, unstable IPMI, etc. EPYC Genoa is very promising, with pretty the same GB score as Ryzen 7950x:
      https://browser.geekbench.com/search?k=v6_cpu&q=9554&utf8=✓
      https://browser.geekbench.com/search?utf8=✓&q=7950x

We can do RAID-10 U.3 NVMe on EPYC Genoa servers, more RAM, etc.

Hopefully we will have EPYC Genoa plans available at the end of this month, CPU will be 9554.

1. Budget KVM plans are now based on Intel CPU (E5 v3/v4 CPU), we have several locations sold out for a long time as we have not decided to order more Intel servers. In the next few months we will likely deploy new budget plans on EPYC CPUs (v1/v2, but I prefer v2) or Xeon Gold/Platinum, at least in our new DCs (Phoenix, AZ; Singapore DC1, etc). Is it attractive to have an EPYC Rome VPS for $15/y?
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2023

@NDTN said:
    Is it attractive to have an EPYC Rome VPS for $15/y?

Hopefully 2vCPU for slightly higher?

amazing work btw.

Thanked by 1NDTN

@cybertech said:

@NDTN said:
    Is it attractive to have an EPYC Rome VPS for $15/y?

Hopefully 2vCPU for slightly higher?

amazing work btw.

There is always Budget-2 for $25/mo with 2 vcores. We cannot lower the price with 2 vcores, would like to keep the balance.

Thanked by 2cybertech bdl
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited April 2023

@NDTN said: We are planning to phase out Ryzen KVM plans, due to a lot of limitations of the Ryzen board

Does this include also relatively new "premium-kvm-sale" plans?
    If yes, what will happen with already existing long term-prepaid " triennial payments" clients? Any change for them or things for existing accounts stay as they are?

@Mumbly said:

@NDTN said: We are planning to phase out Ryzen KVM plans, due to a lot of limitations of the Ryzen board

Does this include also relatively new "premium-kvm-sale" plans?
    If yes, what will happen with already existing long term-prepaid " triennial payments" clients? Any change for them or things for existing accounts stay as they are?

It will not affect existing customers. I'm thinking of keeping the same Premium KVM plans, but new orders will be provisioned on new Genoa nodes.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • maybe a new line of premium^2 for 7950X deals.

• stvnastvna Member

@NDTN apologies if this has been asked before

Is there any other difference between Budget and Premium aside from different CPU and SSD vs NVMe? Is there perhaps less customers per node on Premium?

Which would roughly run GUI Linux faster/smoother, 4vCPU Budget with SSD or 2vCPU Premium with NVMe?

@cybertech said:
    maybe a new line of premium^2 for 7950X deals.

We will not add new Ryzen plans. It's hard to find alternative solutions for Ryzen servers besides Asrock, for stability, we definitely choose EPYC over Ryzen, especially when performance is pretty the same now (Genoa vs 7950x/7900x).

@stvna said:
    @NDTN apologies if this has been asked before

Is there any other difference between Budget and Premium aside from different CPU and SSD vs NVMe? Is there perhaps less customers per node on Premium?

Which would roughly run GUI Linux faster/smoother, 4vCPU Budget with SSD or 2vCPU Premium with NVMe?

There will be less VMs per node on Premium, newer hardware will always give you better performance. In most cases 2 vcores on Premium plans should give you smooth GUI experience.

Thanked by 2stvna bdl
  • abtdwabtdw Member

Any update on the VDS lineup? Could we expect some deals in them, looking for a control plane node @NDTN

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited April 2023

@NDTN said: A photo of this new rack in our Tokyo DC:

Holy shit, so lonely there inside that rack, you need moar servers ;')

@NDTN said: Genoa is very promising, with pretty the same GB score as Ryzen 7950x:
    https://browser.geekbench.com/search?k=v6_cpu&q=9554&utf8=

You aware you are comparing GB v6 score of 9554 to GB v5 score of 7950X? If you switch both to v5 you will end with 7950X around 2200 in single and 9554 around 1500 in single. Are those fast? Hell yeah. Pretty the same? Uhmmm nope.
    However going server edition makes total sense, but just heads up so you won't market it this way and people will be mad after :)

/respectively GBv6 of 7950X -> ~2900, GBv6 of 9554 -> ~2000/

Thanked by 1foitin

@abtdw said:
    Any update on the VDS lineup? Could we expect some deals in them, looking for a control plane node @NDTN

We will have some deals soon, just in the progress of adding new locations.

@JabJab said:

@NDTN said: A photo of this new rack in our Tokyo DC:

Holy shit, so lonely there inside that rack, you need moar servers ;')

According to data center requirements for earthquake-resistance, the max load is 300kg which equals around 20U of full-depth devices. But we still have a lot of room in this rack and other racks to add more servers.

@NDTN said: Genoa is very promising, with pretty the same GB score as Ryzen 7950x:
    https://browser.geekbench.com/search?k=v6_cpu&q=9554&utf8=

You aware you are comparing GB v6 score of 9554 to GB v5 score of 7950X? If you switch both to v5 you will end with 7950X around 2200 in single and 9554 around 1500 in single. Are those fast? Hell yeah. Pretty the same? Uhmmm nope.
    However going server edition makes total sense, but just heads up so you won't market it this way and people will be mad after :)

/respectively GBv6 of 7950X -> ~2900, GBv6 of 9554 -> ~2000/

I can assure you that in virtualization environment, there will be no big differences between 7950x/EPYC Genoa, especially with shared CPU cores. There might be differences when it comes to dedicate cores, but not many providers will do that.

Thanked by 1abtdw
  • @NDTN said:
    I can assure you that in virtualization environment, there will be no big differences between 7950x/EPYC Genoa, especially with shared CPU cores. There might be differences when it comes to dedicate cores, but not many providers will do that.

Speaking of VDS, any planned offers on them?

• Will there ever be anything like SJC10GbpsStorage0.5TB in Europe (UK/NL) or even east coast?

I don't really need it, just wondering if there's a reason it's only available in SJ (and a little more in SG)

@noisycode said:

@NDTN said:

Speaking of VDS, any planned offers on them?

We have that available already: https://greencloudvps.com/epyc-nvme-kvm-vds.php
    More locations are coming.

@hostnoob said:
    Will there ever be anything like SJC10GbpsStorage0.5TB in Europe (UK/NL) or even east coast?

I don't really need it, just wondering if there's a reason it's only available in SJ (and a little more in SG)

We will have those plans live in NL in May, there maybe more locations too.

Thanked by 2bdl hostnoob