Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NO DISCOUNT!!!: Just $0.99/mo all the time for 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 10GB NVMe :) And hourly billing. - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NO DISCOUNT!!!: Just $0.99/mo all the time for 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 10GB NVMe :) And hourly billing.

Comments

• LoyceVLoyceV Member

@deni12 said:
    Would love to try this service in the future

And you joined just to post that? It's easy: deposit a dollar and go.

I'll share my short review: I like the flexibility and price, and posted on Bitcointalk about it. Recently, I needed a few servers to download 800k images, and it's very convenient to be able to spin up a few servers for a few days at very low price.
    I also like that I don't get kicked when I "abuse" the server, but instead the CPU steal percentage goes up. What I don't like, is that it's not clear up front how much CPU I can use, and what steal percentage I get. I've also noticed the network performance can drop to very low speed. As expected, the more expensive servers get more performance. Don't get me wrong, the "steal" is okay, but I'd like to know what to expect.

That being said, there are still some flaws: sometimes a server doesn't become available, and usually the email password doesn't arrive. All in all I like the price for what I get, but I wouldn't use it for production yet.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • HostVDS_comHostVDS_com Member, Patron Provider

news

Elastic Volumes are available in the us-east (Dallas, TX) region.
    You can attach additional cloud-based NVMe volumes in this region!
    Only $1 for 10GB NVMe storage!

@LoyceV said:

@deni12 said:

I'll share my short review: I like the flexibility and price, and posted on Bitcointalk about it. Recently, I needed a few servers to download 800k images, and it's very convenient to be able to spin up a few servers for a few days at very low price.
    I also like that I don't get kicked when I "abuse" the server, but instead the CPU steal percentage goes up. What I don't like, is that it's not clear up front how much CPU I can use, and what steal percentage I get. I've also noticed the network performance can drop to very low speed. As expected, the more expensive servers get more performance. Don't get me wrong, the "steal" is okay, but I'd like to know what to expect.

That being said, there are still some flaws: sometimes a server doesn't become available, and usually the email password doesn't arrive. All in all I like the price for what I get, but I wouldn't use it for production yet.

Regard your review:
    1) We will add information about the burstable plans (not guaranteed CPU and Bandwidth)l
    2) The highload plans do have 100% CPU and Bandwith power guaranteed.
    3) We will check the problem with emails/password and going to improve our service. We fixed mail to protonmail for example.

Thank you so much for feedback and review!

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2023

will give service a try, i would like to add moscow to my collection

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • deni12deni12 Member

@LoyceV said:

@deni12 said:

I really like your review, very interesting. Can you give me more explaination about "CPU steal percentage" what it do? what it will do when it get high? Will they bill you for it? or will they kicked you?. Right now i still looking for some cheap vps for doing some hobby stuff and maybe this hobby need a little big cpu power. Ive buy some cheap vps on other seller in this website but cant tested it yet do to delayed delivery (but its okay). So i just want to find other very cheap vps for worse scenario.

edited May 2023

Hello!

Please help us find a new domain for rebranding!
    Go to our telegram community chat and vote (see the pinned message).
    https://t.me/hostvds_cloud

">

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Scaleplace looks a bit like scaleway

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com

@BasToTheMax said:
    Scaleplace looks a bit like scaleway

Yes, that's why we do not think it is a very good idea to use a word scale as a first word.

• mwtmwt Member

@Mumbly said:

@gbzret4d said: as far as i know its forbidden that customers pay the paypal fees. Its in the paypal tos.

If memory serve me correct, that's location related. In the EU sellers often add paypal surcharge to the price (and this clearly state on the invoice) while in the US this isn't allowed.
    I am wondering how's this regulated if seller isn't from the US.

In the US, you can do give a "cash discount" or "bank card discount" which would be effectively the same thing...

• mwtmwt Member

@HostVDS_com said:
    Hello!

">

I think the standard template is
    (virtual|online|digital){random_noun}

Examples:
    VirtualVan
    VirtualFibre
    VirtualEvening
    VirtualTongue
    VirtualStructure
    OnlineBike
    OnlineRose
    DigitalSeat
    DigitalImpulse

A lot of people here go with host for the great part though.

@mwt said:

@HostVDS_com said:
    Hello!

">

I think the standard template is
    (virtual|online|digital){random_noun}

Examples:
    VirtualVan
    VirtualFibre
    VirtualEvening
    VirtualTongue
    VirtualStructure
    OnlineBike
    OnlineRose
    DigitalSeat
    DigitalImpulse

A lot of people here go with host for the great part though.

Did not find any solution for this...
    Looks like I have to do some bash-scripting :)

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2023

@HostVDS_com said:

news

huh wut

Thanked by 1Asim
  • AsimAsim Member

Something weird is happening at @HostVDS_com

Created a VM, its inaccessible even after multiple reboots. Console shows it gets stuck

Deleted and recreated a new VM, I even got an email stating the new VM is created (UUID ending in 894f1243-****-****-****-7a898bd97211) and then guess what? the VM just vanished from the control panel

While typing this message, I refreshed again and I see it there :disappointed:

It was suppose to be a maintenance but looks like the Control panel is misbehaving as well

• Support is next to 0 , RU location not accessible from Europe.

• @Asim said:
    Something weird is happening at @HostVDS_com

Created a VM, its inaccessible even after multiple reboots. Console shows it gets stuck

Deleted and recreated a new VM, I even got an email stating the new VM is created (UUID ending in 894f1243-****-****-****-7a898bd97211) and then guess what? the VM just vanished from the control panel

While typing this message, I refreshed again and I see it there :disappointed:

It was suppose to be a maintenance but looks like the Control panel is misbehaving as well

Hello. You're right. We are now working to fix it.

• @hellb0y said:
    Support is next to 0 , RU location not accessible from Europe.

Hello. Right now, there're some issues with ru servers. Some of them are unavailable. Though those, which work fine, should be accessible from everywhere, if there're no any blocks at your side.

@Shot2 said:

@HostVDS_com said:

news

huh wut

It was fixed)

• I can not login to ubuntu vps with credential in the email that i receive after purchasing.
    I can't find any guidance in your site

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@mekongmmo said:
    I can not login to ubuntu vps with credential in the email that i receive after purchasing.

Soon.™

• @mekongmmo said:
    I can not login to ubuntu vps with credential in the email that i receive after purchasing.

Hello. Try changing the servers' password from the control panel.

• hrealhreal Member

Why crypto payments are extremely expensive? Paying $10 costs... $25 (plus fees!)... :neutral:

• why do you add fees on top of fucking crypto payments I'm already paying the blockhain fees...

• 0 ram???

Thanked by 1hreal
  • hrealhreal Member

@szymonp said:
    0 ram???

they are cutting costs to the MAX

@hreal said:
    Why crypto payments are extremely expensive? Paying $10 costs... $25 (plus fees!)... :neutral:

fees are 5-20% for crypt. it depends on payment type.

@szymonp said:
    0 ram???

it was fixed fast :)

A new feature, you can see ping from you to our datacenter at the server creation time

Thanked by 1vaviloff
    edited August 2023

SPECIAL FOR LET: B)

$5 free bonus if you top-up $10
    $1.5 free bonus if you top-up $5

Reply to this message to get promo code to PM.

Actual for next 14 days.

Thanked by 3Noobj qawsed55 Hassan20
  • @HostVDS_com said:

Actual for next 14 days.

Me please :)

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited August 2023

@HostVDS_com said:

Actual for next 14 days.

Yes, send