Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Job? Maybe Our Community Can Help! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Job? Maybe Our Community Can Help!

Comments

• sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited October 2023

Another update: I Got hired by @emgh at [REDACTED BY MOD] for web development. Thank you, @emgh, for the opportunity!

I still work for Manu at Peakford. Both positions are part-time with flexibility.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

Hiring for L2/3 tech support full time to work with us, we will pay through transferwise or ACH or bitcoin no other modes of payment available.

Accepting applicants from

Bulgaria
    Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

40 hours per week, 5 workings days ( sat&sun included ) off days would be any 2 days during the week.

• I would be interested in taking up the job offer, can you share your mail id please.

@BharatB said:
    Hiring for L2/3 tech support full time to work with us, we will pay through transferwise or ACH or bitcoin no other modes of payment available.

Bulgaria
    Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

40 hours per week, 5 workings days ( sat&sun included ) off days would be any 2 days during the week.

@logixmedia said:
    I would be interested in taking up the job offer, can you share your mail id please.

@BharatB said:

Bulgaria
    Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

[email protected]

• ilyastmnilyastmn Member
    edited October 2023

Looking for a job as part time java/linux/python developer, I can automate things, minor go experience as well. Ready to take long term projects to support. Have experience with aws and azure. Also worked closely with WHMCS, can implement additional stuff for it easily.

• Thank you, will be sending across my application by end of the day.

@BharatB said:

@logixmedia said:
    I would be interested in taking up the job offer, can you share your mail id please.

@BharatB said:

Bulgaria
    Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

[email protected]

• Hello there, I'm currently seeking remote part time jobs as a developer primarily in go.

I currently live in Austria (GMT+2) and have worked in various areas before most notably DDoS Mitigation Infrastructure (layer 7), Virtualization Systems and CRM Systems.
    One of my key strengths are Backend related works from small to sophisticated.

Skills:
    Go - Senior (7 Years of experience)
    C - Medior (2 Years of experience)
    Rust - Medior (2 Years of experience)
    Docker - Medior (2 Years of experience)
    Git - Senior (7 Years of experience)
    JS/TS - Basics
    Python - Basics
    Java - Basics
    HTML/CSS - Basics

About my Skills in go, I can fully utilize the fasthttp/fiber framework framework for peak performance in your backend application.
    Of course I am completely comfortable with everything Networking related. Just let me know what you are looking for and I'm sure I would be able to achieve it!

I am able to work around 20 hours per week, most of it being on weekends.

I am open and excited for new opportunities!
    Feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] or even directly on LET.

• VeroncloudVeroncloud Member
    edited October 2023

Hello LowEndTalk Community,

I am Kemal, a team with extensive expertise in the IT and network sector, actively seeking new job opportunities. With 5 years of industry experience, we offer expertise in various domains and are looking for fresh career prospects. Here are our skills:

Network Router and Juniper Switch Optimization: We specialize in optimizing your network infrastructure for the best performance.

Plesk Optimization: We possess the skills required to efficiently configure and manage your Plesk servers.

VMware vCloud Director Installation and Configuration: Proficient in setting up and configuring VMware vCloud Director for your virtualization needs.

Hosting Marketing: We have experience in promoting and marketing hosting services effectively.

SolusVM and Virtualizor Installation and Configuration: We can set up and configure SolusVM and Virtualizor for your virtualization requirements.

If you have any job opportunities or collaborations that align with our expertise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are enthusiastic about contributing our skills to your projects.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

https://wa.me/+37064780668 - Telegram: https//t.me/mrenkoy - Skype: https://join.skype.com/invite/bson9pJxnY8k

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hi Guys!

FreeVPS has three really great guys, @sh97, @TheOnlyDK, and @FatGrizzly, on the FreeVPS volunteer, unpaid admin team.

Recently, however, FreeVPS went through a time I imagined could never happen! All three guys were taken out temporarily by important life events.

FreeVPS needs at least one and maybe two more volunteer, unpaid guys on the FreeVPS admin Team.

The current Team likes to use Debian 12, VirtFusion, and Blesta. So, to join the team, it would help to have experience with these or at least a great interest in learning.

If you might be interested in joining the FreeVPS admin Team, please post here or get in touch at the email on my profile with a resume or CV. Sorry, I can't access LinkedIn.

I understand that most guys here in this thread are looking for paid jobs. But volunteering or interning with the FreeVPS Team might have good resume value. Also, you will meet all the FreeVPS providers, and these providers might offer you paid positions. Last, but not least, you will have a lot of fun administering servers and hanging out on Discord with some of our providers as well as the other guys on the Team.

If you haven't already seen it, please check the LET FreeVPS thread.

Any questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Best!

Tom

• Are there any openings for sysadmin or representative roles? Even an internship would be suitable. I just need a chance to prove myself in this industry.

Thanks!

• ChandlerChandler Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Looking for part-time work in Japan and surrounding areas related to infrastructure maintenance and network construction.
    With over 3 years of experience, our team is proficient in performing rack installations, setup, and network construction services in data centers.
    We are skilled in using WHMCS, Hostbill, and Proxmox software.
    We are also experienced in installing, maintaining, and repairing servers from Dell, HPE, HUAWEI, and Lenovo.

Please feel free to reach out to us via email at [email protected] or directly through LET.

@Uchiha said:
    Are there any openings for sysadmin or representative roles? Even an internship would be suitable. I just need a chance to prove myself in this industry.

Thanks!

Hi! Good luck on your search! Did you see my post just ahead of your post? Best! Tom

edited October 2023

Hi Guys!

Happy to say that I did receive a very lovely CV in response to my post above at https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3742429/#Comment_3742429 .

I do think FreeVPS likely will add the gentleman who applied to the FreeVPS Team. Also, FreeVPS could use addition of yet another new admin. FreeVPS is setting up four new bare metal servers and reinstalling a fifth server on which the disks were replaced. Right now FreeVPS has about 80 VPSes distributed to the community. FreeVPS just received its first financial contribution. So, if you might be up for volunteering as a FreeVPS admin, please read my above linked request and please do apply. Thanks so much!

Have a great day!

Tom

Thanked by 11q1
  • Hello everyone!

I do alot of network security stuff and infrastructure management! I have experience in various aspects of IT including - systems administration, network engineering, network security and various other things! If you're looking for any of these or any other things in IT.

Do not hesitate to contact me via pm,
    Telegram - @yoitsaniket
    Discord - hijack_bgp
    Email - [email protected]

• @raindog308 said:

href="https://dedipath.applytojob.com">DediPath is hiring in marketing, sales, and Linux support.

The straw that broke the camels back?

• tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said: DediPath is hiring in marketing, sales, and Linux support.

Please update this. Dedipath has already gone out of the universe.

edited November 2023

@BharatB said:

Bulgaria
    Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

Still looking

• @BharatB said: Bulgaria

Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

Why only these countries ? Because payment = peanuts or.. ?

Thanked by 1kode9
  • tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

@amarc said:

@BharatB said: Bulgaria

Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

I think it is for this reason that experts are available at low prices in these countries.

@amarc said:

@BharatB said: Bulgaria

Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

Wages that may seem peanuts for countries like US and Europe, is a high level of pay in the countries.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Hey all,

I'm looking for a video editor to regularly review open source apps for the PikaPods Youtube channel.

The previous person left after getting into an argument with my marketing guy over which video transitions to use. 🤷‍♂️ (no further comment)

Some details of the job:

• We aim for 1 video per week and order in batches of 4 videos.
    • Mostly it's an introduction to an app or a more in-depth explanation of an advanced feature. Sometime we also show off a PikaPods feature.

Your tasks:

• We'll need a simple intro and outro animation. Can be the same for all videos with just the logo and text different.
    • You write a rough script based on a topic and outline
    • Record your screen with accompanying narration
    • Edit and finalize
    • Cut short sections for use with our text tutorials
    • Publish on Youtube with chapters

Regarding style, I'm open to whatever our viewers may like. We're also considering doing shorter forms, like Youtube Shorts. I'd prefer with face, since it's more personal, but not a hard requirement. You should already have some experience and enthusiasm for open source apps.

To apply, please DM me with some samples of your work and proposed budget.

Thanked by 11q1
  • Are the technical support staff roles available for someone outside the US and EU? Asia specifically

• netmonknetmonk Member
    edited November 2023

I know my awy around with cpanel and web hosting. Know basics of linux and have experience in setting up docker with JF, nextcloud and plenty other apps on my homeserver and a remote server with SSH.

• @BharatB said:

@BharatB said:

Bulgaria
    Brazil
    Vietnam
    Srilanka
    Bangladesh
    India

Still looking

Still Open?

• @gwnd1989 said:

@VeryProServerDude said:
    Linux System admin with a Computer Science degree, from Canada, lots of experience managing Linux VPS, WordPress, and other CMS. Can code in C, C#, HTML, Javascript, CSS. Looking for a remote job.

Bro learn some hosting related languages like php, and wordpress framework

You ll be worth more

I know the basics of PHP and have been using WordPress for over 5 years. I know the basics of making WordPress themes and plugins.

Still can't get a job though, with no job experience on my resume my applications get ignored.

• @VeryProServerDude said:

@gwnd1989 said:

@VeryProServerDude said:
    Linux System admin with a Computer Science degree, from Canada, lots of experience managing Linux VPS, WordPress, and other CMS. Can code in C, C#, HTML, Javascript, CSS. Looking for a remote job.

You ll be worth more

I know the basics of PHP and have been using WordPress for over 5 years. I know the basics of making WordPress themes and plugins.

Still can't get a job though, with no job experience on my resume my applications get ignored.

Perhaps its how you approach people. I got a job in system administration with 0 job experience . And that too was in the US, remotely. I sell myself very well. Perhaps please go through your soft skills?

• @gwnd1989 said:

@VeryProServerDude said:

@gwnd1989 said:

@VeryProServerDude said:

You ll be worth more

Perhaps its how you approach people. I got a job in system administration with 0 job experience . And that too was in the US, remotely. I sell myself very well. Perhaps please go through your soft skills?

The problem is I can't even get an interview so I don't know if my soft skills are an issue. I've had people review my resume and they told me it was good, but I've applied to hundreds of jobs with no luck.

What did you put in your resume, if you don't mind me asking?

• @VeryProServerDude said:

@gwnd1989 said:

@VeryProServerDude said:

@gwnd1989 said:

@VeryProServerDude said:

You ll be worth more

The problem is I can't even get an interview so I don't know if my soft skills are an issue. I've had people review my resume and they told me it was good, but I've applied to hundreds of jobs with no luck.

What did you put in your resume, if you don't mind me asking?

Just a plain old cv generated from a web site, nothing special

But I think it was what I wrote in the email bodies that caught the attention.

I once got an interview with a billionaire this way, but he got upset when i asked him a direct question that made him look an idiot lol

• @gwnd1989 said:
    I once got an interview with a billionaire this way, but he got upset when i asked him a direct question that made him look an idiot lol

was it Elon Musk?

• @bench said:

@gwnd1989 said:

was it Elon Musk?

Nah not that big. Person from the sharktank or similarly named reality shows judge panel