Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH / SYS / Kimsufi Black friday's offers are up - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH / SYS / Kimsufi Black friday's offers are up

Comments

• You can order kimsufi servers from kimsufi.com or ovh page. For me ecosetup didnt worked via kimsufi page (because I have one kimsufi) but worked via ovh page (i dont have any servers on my ovh account). Hope this will help someone save some bucks.

• Note it is ECOSETUP not ecosetup. Needs to be all uppercase.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • KS-LE-1 is out of stock now, will they restock?

• A few experience about the network

• The upload speed on IPv4 is very weak. They promises 100 Mbps link. On IPv4 up it is very weak, usualy I can reach single and multi connection 50--60 Mbps. I didn't have better result than an unique 75 Mbps. The download better, near 950 Mbps.
    • However, the IPv6 is very strong up and down!

I tested with netcup (2.5 Gbps link), Contabo (200 Mbps and a 400 Mbps instance), Oracle OCI ARM instance (near 3--4 Gbps). The usual experience is that the IPv4 upload very very weak, jumps between 30--60 Mbps. The IPv4 download usualy maximizes the link as the IPv6 up and down. So the only disappointment for me is the IPv4 upload that can't reach 100 Mbps, but the other directions compensates this weakness.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2022

@adns said: So the only disappointment for me is the IPv4 upload that can't reach 100 Mbps, but the other directions compensates this weakness.

If you actually use ipv6 and ipv4 is used only for users with no ipv6 possibility, the limited upload speed can be enough... a reverse proxy with good ipv4 network speed is another option is you need moar speed. Decent server anyway!

• @pbx said:

@adns said: So the only disappointment for me is the IPv4 upload that can't reach 100 Mbps, but the other directions compensates this weakness.

If you actually use ipv6 and ipv4 is used only for users with no ipv6 possibility, the limited upload speed can be enough... a reverse proxy with good ipv4 network speed is another option is you need moar speed. Decent server anyway!

you're right, this is an unique offer. I'm thinking on use Cloudflare to serve web contents. Luckily, if I provide only the IPv6 address of origin, CF can serve IPv4 and IPv6 visitors over the origin's v6 address.

Another option might be Oracle free tier or another VPS as a proxy. For example netcup has very strong peering and OVH France is not an exception, I can reach duplex gigabit over IPv6 always. If I use a smaller VPS as a jump host (e.g. 2--3 Eur / month), I can save more money than I rent another dedi from OVH or any concurrent.
    The OVH inspirates fire-hot ideas:D

Thanked by 1pbx
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Garbo said:
    KS-LE-1 is out of stock now, will they restock?

they will have some restock from today up to monday. just keep looking

About ECC guys its indeed an issue on our side. KS-LE-1 doesn't have ECC ram.

Sorry about this mistake,

ninzo

Thanked by 2netomx pbx
  • @ninzo59 said:

@Garbo said:

ninzo

Can we transfer VAT exemption status from old Kimsufi panel to OVHcloud?

• @ninzo59 said:

@Garbo said:

ninzo

Your support told me its ECC ram when i enquired regarding same, now you guys have modified in the panel to show its non ECC ram , this is my first server with OVH , wanted to run mongodb replica member, this is insane and smell almost a scam!!!

i am requesting a cancellation

• @ninzo59 said:

@Garbo said:

ninzo

I have created a KS-LE-2 order, and it shows that it is under review, but my server has not been obtained, and my tax exemption application has not been processed. Are you an employee of ovh, can you help me with it?

• @gemini_geek said:

@ninzo59 said:

@Garbo said:

ninzo

Your support told me its ECC ram when i enquired regarding same, now you guys have modified in the panel to show its non ECC ram , this is my first server with OVH , wanted to run mongodb replica member, this is insane and smell almost a scam!!!

i am requesting a cancellation

me too!!!But I have screenshot!!!ask for exchange ram!

• me too!!!But I have screenshot!!!ask for exchange ram!

i only ordered it seeing ECC ram for my mongodb replica, now without ECC its useless for me

• vavnvavn Member
    edited November 2022

When I bought the product, the product page showed that there was ECC memory. Now you have directly modified our configuration. I'm really worried that if you are not happy, you will change our other configurations at will. Is such a business really reliable? Can we still trust you? Is this what you call the spirit of contract?

• @vavn said:
    When I bought the product, the product page showed that there was ECC memory. Now you have directly modified our configuration. I'm really worried that if you are not happy, you will change our other configurations at will. Is such a business really reliable? Can we still trust you? Is this what you call the spirit of contract?

Relax. I asked them politely and they very quickly in a matter of 1 hour sent someone to change to ECC for me. Was done in 2 hours total.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@ninzo59 - I am currently an SYS customer, if I were to get a new machine from the SYS ECO range - can I transfer my IPs with the old rates? Can't seem to find any information on this.

Thanked by 1Zurg
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited November 2022

This proxmox networking is killing me. I wanna thank you @Maounique of course, but I was messing around it all night and I dont get it to work with your config.

I found another config and finally got ipv4 to work in my VMs but with all this shit and me being 0iq might be better for me to install debian and Virtualbox :D

If it helps anyone i'll post what works for me for ipv4. In your guest you set IP manually eg; 10.0.0.101 and gateway is your publicIP (main ip of the server). When creating VM you put it on vmbr2 network

Funnily ipv6 isn't even configured out of the box on their proxmox template, but it is on debian

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
    iface vmbr0 inet static
      address PublicIPV4/24
      gateway GatewayFromKimsufi(PublicIPV4.254)
      bridge-ports eno1
      bridge-stp off
      bridge-fd 0
      hwaddress xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx   //should be autoconfigured on install

# vmbr2
    auto vmbr2
    iface vmbr2 inet static
            address 10.0.0.1
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            bridge_ports none
            bridge_stp off
            bridge_fd 0
            post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
            post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/vmbr2/proxy_arp
            post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.0.0.0/24 -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE
            post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s 10.0.0.0/24 -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE

Thanked by 1buddermilch
  • @vavn said:

Frankly my first impression , OVH is only good for backup of backups over IPV6, definitely not for anything which has real value , this tactic of changing the config parameters after providing the service is completely unacceptable and unethical

• For low speed issues, please enable BBR congestion control.

• @stoned said:

@vavn said:

Relax. I asked them politely and they very quickly in a matter of 1 hour sent someone to change to ECC for me. Was done in 2 hours total.

Resolution comment:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OVHcloud Technical Support.

Sorry for the trouble but this server is not offered with ECC RAM.

Please explore our Eco Bare Metal servers, if you filter your results you will find plenty of options that will meet your hardware requirements.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to get in touch.

• @vavn said:

@stoned said:

@vavn said:

Resolution comment:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OVHcloud Technical Support.

Sorry for the trouble but this server is not offered with ECC RAM.

Please explore our Eco Bare Metal servers, if you filter your results you will find plenty of options that will meet your hardware requirements.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Choose "Incident" and describe everything politely. You will get ECC.

• They wont swap ram to everyone, they did to the first guy. But now they have 50 tickets probably.

• Sorry for the trouble but this server is not offered with ECC RAM

One more reason to stick with last year's KS-LE :+1:

Thanked by 1ralf
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited November 2022

@drizbo said:
    They wont swap ram to everyone, they did to the first guy. But now they have 50 tickets probably.

Unfortunately, this. They have to change not only DIMMs but also motherboard perhaps to ensure compatibility. It's not as simple as swapping out modules.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2022

@drizbo said: This proxmox networking is killing me. I wanna thank you @Maounique of course, but I was messing around it all night and I dont get it to work with your config.

did you start ndppd daemon?

ndppd -d -c /etc/ndppd.conf

That is the only thing missing from my post, I tried to add it but was too late. I could give it a try to set it up for you if it is still not working.
    For me IPv6 is very important and the ability to use all ports on a vm without forwarding is the thing that matters the most.

Virtualbox is heavy on CPU and this is not some beast. I know vmware player is not open source, but it is faster in same hardware and has better 3d features. If you do not setup IPv6 proxy NDP virtualbox won't work with IPv6 either, so I don't see the advantage.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited November 2022

@SteveMC said: 100 Mbit/s unmetered
    €14.99 ex VAT

The 100 Mbit/s is a bottleneck IMO. Also, they seem to add VAT to anyone regardless of location or If you are a company. You have to offer them the necessary proof after you order and who knows when they will credit you for the VAT. What a strange system.

Thanked by 1Zurg
  • @Maounique said:

@drizbo said: This proxmox networking is killing me. I wanna thank you @Maounique of course, but I was messing around it all night and I dont get it to work with your config.

did you start ndppd daemon?

ndppd -d -c /etc/ndppd.conf

That is the only thing missing from my post, I tried to add it but was too late. I could give it a try to set it up for you if it is still not working.
    For me IPv6 is very important and the ability to use all ports on a vm without forwarding is the thing that matters the most.

Virtualbox is heavy on CPU and this is not some beast. I know vmware player is not open source, but it is faster in same hardware and has better 3d features. If you do not setup IPv6 proxy NDP virtualbox won't work with IPv6 either, so I don't see the advantage.

No, I haven't. Im kind of a noob at networking. So this needs to be started ? Or does it restart? I did try rebooting a thousand times between if that would do the same thing.

Otherwise I'll try again. Thanks

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2022

It must be started, it doesnt start on its own, you need to tell it to be daemonized with the "-d". Luckily, that is only done once.

I am sorry for missing that in my post.

If it is still not working, I am curious why, please send the configs in PM to look at those.

• Ok, thanks again. I will try a bit later.

• @drizbo said:
    They wont swap ram to everyone, they did to the first guy. But now they have 50 tickets probably.

I've just put a ticket in as when I ordered it showed ECC, they originally denied it has ECC, but then I took a screenshot of my invoice (where it still shows 32GB ECC) and sent it to them and they've agreed to swap it out in ~10 minutes time.

• @Arkas said:

@SteveMC said: 100 Mbit/s unmetered
    €14.99 ex VAT

The 100 Mbit/s is a bottleneck IMO. Also, they seem to add VAT to anyone regardless of location or If you are a company. You have to offer them the necessary proof after you order and who knows when they will credit you for the VAT. What a strange system.

At least you have the option to get VAT removed. For US, their base price is the same as EU with VAT and nowhere it shows any tax on the invoice. Of course, I asked them about it but only got silence...