Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare $10 for 1 YubiKey. - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare $10 for 1 YubiKey.

Comments

• @emg said:
    Why are people ordering so many USB-A versions when everything is evolving to USB-C?

Sure, there are adapters for either one. I assume that people would want a more "future-proof" version.

The USB-A NFC version is compatible with everything I use (and I admit I will use an adapter if needed, I have tons of them)... but I like it primarily because the design is battle-tested, almost indestructible compared to other USB-A devices, and I've trusted the design for years.

I can't vouch for the USB-C version yet -- not enough time with it yet, and even though I'm sure it's well-engineered, the actual USB-C connector is by default slightly flimsy IMO (not Yubico's fault, it's just how USB-C connectors are built compared to the open plastic slab engineering design of their USB-A models). Just try snapping off the end of the USB-A version. I don't feel as confident with the USB-C version, although it seems pretty tough too.

Also, the USB-C version is more prone to collect debris particles trapped inside the connector (i.e. from pocket lint or gunk or spilled liquid) compared to their USB-A design, which has no place to trap particles. Just wipe it off and go. So I'd personally trust the USB-A version on a keychain a little more.

I do expect USB-C version to be very durable over time, though, but I already have 100% confidence in the USB-A version.

Thanked by 1emg
  • I have to two FIDO compliant unbranded(at least it identifies as FIDO token) 2FA Keys and ordered two yubikey 5 NFC with the coupon, i might have one unused coupon not sure(need to check my mailbox) expiring on 31st.

• emgemg Veteran

I just placed my order with Yubico today, 28 December 2022. I chose the free shipping option. The estimated ship date for both the Yubikey 5 NFC and the Yubikey 5C NFC models is the same: 13 January 2023.

• emgemg Veteran

Update:
    I received an email from Yubico that my order shipped. The message came the same day that I placed the order, and it included a USPS tracking number. The tracking number is already in USPS system. The USPS is awaiting the item and will continue to send updates through delivery.

• @TrK said:
    ... i might have one unused coupon not sure(need to check my mailbox) expiring on 31st.

Confirm that my coupon also expires the 31st (already placed my order).

So it seems like maybe this promo is winding down. I'd suggest you take advantage of your coupon! You won't see $10 per Yubikey again -- at least for a long time IMO. I've never seen them this low. So worth it to grab a few more, or share the coupon with someone you care about. :smile:

• Anyone know how long it takes for the email to appear from Yubikey?

• emgemg Veteran

@chitree said:
    Anyone know how long it takes for the email to appear from Yubikey?

Sorry, but if you just submitted the request, you may be too late. It took 9 days. I clicked the request button on 19 November at Cloudflare's website. I received the coupon code on 28 November.

• @jlet88 said:

@TrK said:
    ... i might have one unused coupon not sure(need to check my mailbox) expiring on 31st.

Confirm that my coupon also expires the 31st (already placed my order).

So it seems like maybe this promo is winding down. I'd suggest you take advantage of your coupon! You won't see $10 per Yubikey again -- at least for a long time IMO. I've never seen them this low. So worth it to grab a few more, or share the coupon with someone you care about. :smile:

I already used mine, it's extra i recieved on another account i was managing for a client. So pretty much useless for me. If anyone interested i can directly send you the coupon over PM

• I got 2 extra codes to give away, first 2 dms gets it.

Thanked by 1chitree
  • Very generous of you to share your codes! B) I already ordered my 4 keys, but hope someone here takes you up on your offer before the code expires!

• Anyone have any unused codes? I don't see anyone from Cloudflare or Yubi sending me an email before this promo expire :neutral:

• @chitree said:
    Anyone have any unused codes? I don't see anyone from Cloudflare or Yubi sending me an email before this promo expire :neutral:

If you read the all the carefully there are exactly two guys(including me) with unused codes, you could just go ahead and directly message either one!

Thanked by 1chitree
  • @emg said:
    Update:
    I received an email from Yubico that my order shipped. The message came the same day that I placed the order, and it included a USPS tracking number. The tracking number is already in USPS system. The USPS is awaiting the item and will continue to send updates through delivery.

FFS I've placed my order on October 19 and it's still processing and showing "Expected to ship by October 28, 2022". I did get a few emails where they said it's delayed, latest one saying they "might" ship sometime mid January. It's Europe and I know it's different but this is annoying

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @vedran said:

@emg said:
    Update:

FFS I've placed my order on October 19 and it's still processing and showing "Expected to ship by October 28, 2022". I did get a few emails where they said it's delayed, latest one saying they "might" ship sometime mid January. It's Europe and I know it's different but this is annoying

Same mine is expected to ship on 13th January, only EU zones are delayed!

• emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2022

Here is the current status of my Yubico order:

• 28 December AM: I ordered four Yubikeys on their website. Two USB-A, two USB-C.
    • 28 December PM: Shipping information delivered to USPS by Yubico.
    • 29 December 8-9 PM: Package is at USPS San Jose Distribution Center.
    • 30 December 3-4 AM: Package left USPS San Jose Distribution Center.
    • 31 December: Expected delivery. I am on the West Coast, but not in the Bay Area.

I cannot easily explain the quick turnaround for my order. It may be the same for others, who knows?

There was a small box to add a comment with the order. I used it to mention that I had met the founder/inventor when they first announced Yubico and Yubikeys in the room for young innovators at that conference. Perhaps someone noticed and thought that I was still associated and deserved special treatment. There is no way he would have remembered our brief encounter that day, which was in 2008 or 2009.

I sympathize with our European friends who have had to wait much longer. :-(

• Does someone have a code for me?

• @ewrek said:
    Does someone have a code for me?

Check dm

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • @plumberg said:

@ewrek said:
    Does someone have a code for me?

Check dm

Thanks

• Does someone have a space code for me? Thanks

• Let me say something if you are outside of America's and EU zones the shipping might be too much and don't forget to pay for the import duties. It might cost you same as in the local market(but you get two instead of one, still a better deal, isn't it?), altough idk if NFC 5 is available there. Don't pay more than $50 in shipping and import duties, well in the end it all depends on you.

As for my code, it's already been given to @sipe if he decided not to use it i will message it to person who messaged me right after him!

Thanked by 1sipe
  • Did anyone receive the order shipped from Sweden? Which shipping company they use for "Economy" shipping method, a state post? Does it come in the envelope or some sort of package?

Mine been on the same "13th January" mentioned above for quite some time now.

• They might ship to EU zones in batch, who know?!

• @TrK said: As for my code, it's already been given to @sipe if he decided not to use it i will message it to person who messaged me right after him!

Just ordered 2x 5 and 2x 5c, thanks for code.

• emgemg Veteran

Reminder:
    28 December AM: I ordered four Yubikeys on their website. Two USB-A, two USB-C.

Final Update, Delivery:
    31 December AM: The package arrived between 9:00 and 10:00 this morning.

Now I must figure out how I want to integrate them into my activities. I already have too many projects going in parallel. At least the Yubikeys are "bird in the hand", ready for me to give them a try.

• Literally takes < 1 minute to associate it with some account(s) and then you have a second-factor for authentication. Not much more you can do with it.

• I need just one code for buying yubikey 5c. Appreciate the help if anyone is feeling generous.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

2 hours ish left, before it expires.

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • TrKTrK Member

Everything Expires this thread can be locked or we can discuss the shipping related to EU Zones, Pending to be shipped on "13th January"!

• In Canada, they made shipping stupid. To get three shipped, it was $7. For 4, it was $30 and would trigger another $20 in duties/fees from brokerage and courier.

• TrKTrK Member

@TimboJones said:
    In Canada, they made shipping stupid. To get three shipped, it was $7. For 4, it was $30 and would trigger another $20 in duties/fees from brokerage and courier.

Wow, you get it harded than the EU Zones! Here have some cheers!