Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ADVIN SERVERS $8/MONTH 16GB RAM VPS + **GIVEAWAY EXPIRED** - Page 51
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ADVIN SERVERS $8/MONTH 16GB RAM VPS + **GIVEAWAY EXPIRED**

Comments

• Is the NL tunnel down completely? After a 3-4 days of massive instability I can't connect to my VPS at all now.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@zako12 said:
    Is the NL tunnel down completely? After a 3-4 days of massive instability I can't connect to my VPS at all now.

No, it isn't down completely. What's your ticket number?

• My experience with the NL Beta server has been terrible. I know that it's beta, and I expect some issues but it's almost unusable at this point.

Its just that I am being greedy at this point - hoping it will eventually come out of beta as the specs are great. But I wonder how long can I keep paying...

Thanked by 1Dazzle
    edited April 2023

@shajeeafzal said:
    My experience with the NL Beta server has been terrible. I know that it's beta, and I expect some issues but it's almost unusable at this point.

Its just that I am being greedy at this point - hoping it will eventually come out of beta as the specs are great. But I wonder how long can I keep paying...

We recently did a spec bump on all new orders for KVM Standard VPS:
    https://advinservers.com/vps

I believe it's pretty much the same as the KVM Beta in Netherlands now, and so we are switching KVM Beta to KVM Standard within the next week. We are aware of the packet loss issue and there really isn't much we can do, as it's in the hands of our network upstream(s). We are in the process of switching to a new one, but we are waiting for them to update their prefix filters. Once that is done, the packet loss issue should be resolve once and for all.

• PolicePolice Member
    edited April 2023

Ticket #999268

I've been like this for hours. My vps doesn't work.

@Police said:
    Ticket #999268

Read above about AMS, or the announcement in your client area. Your VPS is online, just with PL.

• @Advin said:

@Police said:
    Ticket #999268

Read above about AMS, or the announcement in your client area. Your VPS is online, just with PL.

Online?

:D

• Online?

@Police said:
    Online?

I apologize, but your ticket title was "Slow connection" and a picture of the VPS online/pingable with packet loss. It was never brought up that your VPS was offline in the ticket. If your VPS is offline, please open a new ticket with a title that accurately describes the issue. We are not aware of any network wide issues that would result in a VPS being entirely offline.

• hrealhreal Member

Network situation in NL is critical, I honestly discourage anyone from going with Advin. It's a headache and nightmare. They pretended to switch network before to improve the situation but after a short period the situation repeats.

• More than 1 hr has passed server not activated. Invoice 16937

edited April 2023

@hreal said:
    Network situation in NL is critical, I honestly discourage anyone from going with Advin. It's a headache and nightmare. They pretended to switch network before to improve the situation but after a short period the situation repeats.

We never "pretended" to switch network, we are working on this with our upstream. Packet loss can happen due to a variety of reasons. This is an issue with our network upstream and largely out of our hands, we are switching upstream's but it's taking time for prefix filters to refresh. We are trying our best with what we have, but there really isn't much we can do but wait for our upstream(s).

• I LOVE FREE SERVERS ❤️❤️❤️

• sk99sk99 Member
    edited April 2023

still no reply where is my servers this company looks like a scam Invoice 16937

• hrealhreal Member

You have pretended to switch provider a few weeks ago, which had to fix severe network issues "forever". Now you are about to switch the network provider after severe network issues which will fix severe issues "forever". You are writing "you can't do anything" - how is it possible you are hosting severs if you can't establish reliable link to them?

@sk99 said:
    still no reply where is my servers this company looks like a scam Invoice 16937

I can assure you that we are not a scam, the order was only placed today and we're experiencing some provisioning delays. I have now deployed it.

edited April 2023

@hreal said:
    You have pretended to switch provider a few weeks ago, which had to fix severe network issues "forever". Now you are about to switch the network provider after severe network issues which will fix severe issues "forever". You are writing "you can't do anything" - how is it possible you are hosting severs if you can't establish reliable link to them?

Both upstreams that we moved to had very unexpected and unanticipated issues more recently. You can confirm that we did indeed switch network providers by comparing traceroutes from recently and from before the changes that we made, it'll show different path's and different upstreams. I am not lying, and have no reason to lie, about the fact that we moved upstreams/network providers.

We can't do anything in the sense that we're waiting for our new upstream's upstream to update their prefix filters in order to accept our subnets, so that they can be publicly reachable from the internet, and our older/current upstream still has not been able to fix the issues with PL due to an issue with their mitigation system. It's out of our hands right now, and we're waiting for updates from our upstreams.

Update: Everything should be back in the green and restored as of a few minutes ago. You can compare traceroutes again and see that we did indeed switch.

Thanked by 1error12358
  • @Advin said:

@Patriarch said:
    my 2 servers on NL got this error
    Message: Failed to connect to ..**.advinservers.com port ****: Connection refused

What's your ticket number?

• @Advin said: We recently did a spec bump on all new orders for KVM Standard VPS:

https://advinservers.com/vps

>

Will existing servers be automatically upgraded?

Will they get nested virt?

Nested virt is not enabled on my current server.

• @Advin said:

@Police said:
    Online?

I apologize, but your ticket title was "Slow connection" and a picture of the VPS online/pingable with packet loss. It was never brought up that your VPS was offline in the ticket. If your VPS is offline, please open a new ticket with a title that accurately describes the issue. We are not aware of any network wide issues that would result in a VPS being entirely offline.

Ticket #855815

• hrealhreal Member

How do we know that third provider won't have "unexpected and unanticipated issues", it seems you have tested two on us already and we will take part in third live testing.

It's fantastic we help you to develop reliable service in future, maybe.

• @hreal said:
    How do we know that third provider won't have "unexpected and unanticipated issues", it seems you have tested two on us already and we will take part in third live testing.

It's fantastic we help you to develop reliable service in future, maybe.

:D

• Wow, free, awesome!

• Already bought one, it looks good, no issue in other region now.

• @plumberg said:

@nonissue said:

@plumberg said:

@nonissue said:
    I've had this server for a week and I'm already going to have to submit a ticket to support just to restart it, which is really annoying.

Not a great start.

LoL

This is a genuine issue and provider will assist. Why hesitant to open a ticket? How many weeks or months or years you would want to wait before contacting support and trying to paint the provider as black?

I've had instances lost on AWS in less than a day due to their node issue. Does this mean AWS is bad?

It's a mix of software and hardware. Both or any single one could fail or mess up.

This definitely doesn't mean provider is not reliable.

I fixed it myself. I didn't need to open a ticket. I didn't have anything installed on the server, so I just did a clean install. My intention was not to complain, but rather to share my experience with this provider, as many people here may not be familiar with them.

It's not the hugest deal in the world, and I didn't make any statements on the overall quality or value of the services provided. If you think it's no big deal, that's fine, but laughing at someone sharing details about an issue they had with a provider is such a toxic attitude, especially since this is a forum to talk about hosting providers.

You did imply that the fact you are annoyed to create a ticket to restart the service... and says that the provider has not offered services to your expectations.

Also this is a public forum. People post and they are responded to. If you feel offended it's always OK to move on.

I get the impression that you are quite happy with the service you get from Advin, assuming that you are a customer.

• Invoice #16666
    please double my bandwidth

• @Advin said: SPECIAL OFFER (KVM STANDARD VPS): COMMENT YOUR ORDER/INVOICE NUMBER FOR A FREE MONTH (ANY LOCATION)
    Please note that you can only claim 1 special offer per order

Invoice #7653

Also upgrade RAM to 16GB to match updated new specs - Ticket #809440

Or should I order a new one and get 2 months free.

• DrMakDrMak Member

@Advin said:

Hey there!
    Sorry about the title, I took a page out of (insert other host here)'s "how to be successful on LET" handbook. I was initially very critical of the provider tag (especially with the way it was announced/launched), but I've decided to try it for a few months. If all goes well, maybe I'll renew it? Anyways, I hope Biloh can enjoy a nice steak dinner tonight and I hope that you will enjoy our offers :)

Who are we?
    We're a small hosting provider. We originally started in 2020, and have been growing ever since. We primarily offer budget services, and we specialize in lots of resources for a good price (aka general value), we have ~40-50 nodes located in both Europe and in the United States.

Discord
    If you haven't already, you can join our Discord server here. This is a community Discord, even if you aren't interested in Advin Servers, you can join and discuss whatever you'd like :) We're aiming to hit 1000 members by 2023

KVM Beta High Memory VPS
    Yes, the title is not clickbait. Please read the plan notes for more information on what "beta" means

KVM Beta High Memory S G2
    AMD™ or Intel Xeon™ CPU (4 vCores)
    16GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    120GB NVMe/SATA SSD
    4TB Bandwidth (1 Gbps)
    Located in Amsterdam, NL
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation
    $7.99/month

SPECIAL OFFER (KVM HIGH MEMORY VPS BETA): COMMENT YOUR ORDER/INVOICE NUMBER FOR DOUBLE BANDWIDTH

Interested in higher plans with more memory/CPU cores/storage/bandwidth? Check out our full KVM Beta High Memory G2 range here.

Plan Notes: (Updated)

• Support tickets may be delayed for this plan, these plans have deprioritized support
    • Nested virtualization can be enabled with a support ticket
    • It may take a few days for your order to be activated. We usually activate orders in batches as they are manually reviewed (please do not open tickets asking why you're service isn't activated yet)
    • We do not guarantee a specific CPU model, but usually it's Ryzen, E5v3/v4, EPYC, or W-series CPU's.
    • Latency is increased due to tunneling and you may need to set the MTU to 1462
    • We might occasionally reboot your server in order to do some testing. These reboots are infrequent, but may occur with or without notice
    • These plans have limited availability, we will not be restocking for a while once they're out of stock
    • 48 hour refund policy applies to these plans

The price is recurring, and will be honored even when the plan exits beta.

KVM Standard VPS
    Available in Amsterdam, Dallas, Miami, Los Angeles, and New York!

KVM Standard S
    High Frequency (2 vCores)
    10GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    60GB NVMe/SATA SSD
    4TB Bandwidth (1 Gbps)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation
    $7.99/month

SPECIAL OFFER (KVM STANDARD VPS): COMMENT YOUR ORDER/INVOICE NUMBER FOR UNMETERED BANDWIDTH (LOS ANGELES ONLY)
    SPECIAL OFFER (KVM STANDARD VPS): COMMENT YOUR ORDER/INVOICE NUMBER FOR A FREE MONTH (ANY LOCATION)
    Please note that you can only claim 1 special offer per order

Interested in higher plans with more memory/CPU cores/storage/bandwidth? Check out our full KVM Standard VPS range here.

cPanel Website Hosting
    Our cPanel website hosting is powered by CloudLinux with super fast SSD storage