Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ADVIN SERVERS $8/MONTH 16GB RAM VPS + **GIVEAWAY EXPIRED** - Page 50
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ADVIN SERVERS $8/MONTH 16GB RAM VPS + **GIVEAWAY EXPIRED**

Comments

• I want to acquire KVM Beta High Memory S G2 KVM Beta High Memory M G2 too

• My VPS which is just essentially a fresh install of Ubuntu -- When I signed into it tonight, somehow it had a read only file system. So, I just typed 'sudo reboot', hit return, the ssh connection drops... but the server never comes back online.

So I go to the control panel and try to stop the VPS. I'm not given an error message, but the VPS status never changes from running to stopped. So, I tried shutting it down and rebooting, and neither of those worked. In the task history in the control panel I found this:

"Error: can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/lock-1417.conf' - got timeout"

There's a chance the initial issue was somehow my fault with the RO filesystem, but I've had this server for a week and I'm already going to have to submit a ticket to support just to restart it, which is really annoying.

Not a great start.

• @nonissue said:
    My VPS which is just essentially a fresh install of Ubuntu -- When I signed into it tonight, somehow it had a read only file system. So, I just typed 'sudo reboot', hit return, the ssh connection drops... but the server never comes back online.

So I go to the control panel and try to stop the VPS. I'm not given an error message, but the VPS status never changes from running to stopped. So, I tried shutting it down and rebooting, and neither of those worked. In the task history in the control panel I found this:

"Error: can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/lock-1417.conf' - got timeout"

There's a chance the initial issue was somehow my fault with the RO filesystem, but I've had this server for a week and I'm already going to have to submit a ticket to support just to restart it, which is really annoying.

Not a great start.

It looks like a problem in your node, I have had the same same error in 2 different locations.

• @nonissue said:
    I've had this server for a week and I'm already going to have to submit a ticket to support just to restart it, which is really annoying.

Not a great start.

LoL

This is a genuine issue and provider will assist. Why hesitant to open a ticket? How many weeks or months or years you would want to wait before contacting support and trying to paint the provider as black?

I've had instances lost on AWS in less than a day due to their node issue. Does this mean AWS is bad?

It's a mix of software and hardware. Both or any single one could fail or mess up.

This definitely doesn't mean provider is not reliable.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

@nonissue said:.

Do you have a ticket number that I could look into? What VPS do you have?
    I'm looking into some of these

• Hey @Advin
    Is it possible to move my LA VPS to Eygelshoven?

If it's not, then how to request a refund?
    Do I need just open a ticket without submit a cancellation?

• Control Panel show vps The process of rebuilding a VM is in progress. Please wait.
    also i submitted ticket #691643 and waiting update .thanks!

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Anyone else seeing their NYC High memory VPS offline this afternoon?

• Just ordered LA KVM VPS, but no IPv4 assigned to it
    Opened a ticket to critical department but no response yet till now #884767
    Kindly please help @Advin

• @plumberg said:

@nonissue said:
    I've had this server for a week and I'm already going to have to submit a ticket to support just to restart it, which is really annoying.

Not a great start.

LoL

This is a genuine issue and provider will assist. Why hesitant to open a ticket? How many weeks or months or years you would want to wait before contacting support and trying to paint the provider as black?

I've had instances lost on AWS in less than a day due to their node issue. Does this mean AWS is bad?

It's a mix of software and hardware. Both or any single one could fail or mess up.

I fixed it myself. I didn't need to open a ticket. I didn't have anything installed on the server, so I just did a clean install. My intention was not to complain, but rather to share my experience with this provider, as many people here may not be familiar with them.

It's not the hugest deal in the world, and I didn't make any statements on the overall quality or value of the services provided. If you think it's no big deal, that's fine, but laughing at someone sharing details about an issue they had with a provider is such a toxic attitude, especially since this is a forum to talk about hosting providers.

• @m4nu said:
    Anyone else seeing their NYC High memory VPS offline this afternoon?

mine is down too

• @plumberg said:

@nonissue said:

Not a great start.

LoL

I just skimmed through the last few pages of this thread, and there's a bunch of people who have problems, not just me. You saw that other people are having issues and still went out of your way to call me out? lmfao.

• @nonissue said:

@plumberg said:

@nonissue said:

Not a great start.

LoL

I just skimmed through the last few pages of this thread, and there's a bunch of people who have problems, not just me. You saw that other people are having issues and still went out of your way to call me out? lmfao.

Issues exist universally.
    Sharing rxperiencr about something and implying you "had" to create a ticket within a certain period makes nothing less than speaking bad about the provider.

And if others had issues and still you purchased this service says a lot about you who has come out and shared experience.

• @nonissue said:

@plumberg said:

@nonissue said:

Not a great start.

LoL

I fixed it myself. I didn't need to open a ticket. I didn't have anything installed on the server, so I just did a clean install. My intention was not to complain, but rather to share my experience with this provider, as many people here may not be familiar with them.

It's not the hugest deal in the world, and I didn't make any statements on the overall quality or value of the services provided. If you think it's no big deal, that's fine, but laughing at someone sharing details about an issue they had with a provider is such a toxic attitude, especially since this is a forum to talk about hosting providers.

You did imply that the fact you are annoyed to create a ticket to restart the service... and says that the provider has not offered services to your expectations.

Also this is a public forum. People post and they are responded to. If you feel offended it's always OK to move on.

• @Advin
    Can you please look into Ticket #915868 ? It's been too long.

• rdesrdes Member

@Advin can you check ticket 640263?
    My server is down from nearly 20h. Can't reboot or do antything because of status: Error: VM is locked (migrate)

• @Advin could you look at the ticket #970166

I ordered one VPS and has been waiting for 2 days. I tried to get some help from you Discord (in both #help-me channel and DM the admin) but no replied at all.

• rdesrdes Member

My VPS is down second day and also no response to the ticket :(.

• rdesrdes Member

@Advin you are logging on forum but not replying to messages or critical tickets? What's happening? My server is down since wednesday 10 am...

• Order Number: 6265300254
    Wondering if I could also apply for the KVM standard vps free one month promo.

• rdesrdes Member
    edited April 2023

Server is finally back, if anyone interested. But still no reply to ticket.

• divinehawkdivinehawk Member
    edited April 2023

@rdes said:

NL issues seem to be fixed. But no response to critical issue ticket...

• Order Placed #2354887561
    Wondering if I could also apply for the KVM standard vps free one month promo.
    or
    DOUBLE BANDWIDTH

• labraxlabrax Member
    edited April 2023

``#16721 double pls

• TanXSTanXS Member

Ticket #447791 help please. performance issue, cpu performance decrease 60%, 10 days after created ticket, no response at all @Advin

• PatriarchPatriarch Member
    edited April 2023

my 2 servers on NL got this error
    Message: Failed to connect to ..**.advinservers.com port ****: Connection refused

@Patriarch said:
    my 2 servers on NL got this error
    Message: Failed to connect to ..**.advinservers.com port ****: Connection refused

What's your ticket number?

@TanXS said:
    Ticket #447791 help please. performance issue, cpu performance decrease 60%, 10 days after created ticket, no response at all @Advin

I'll get to it, note that our VPS's are on a shared CPU and we don't guarantee anything other than Ryzen/EPYC as mentioned on the order page

@0xpanda said:
    @Advin could you look at the ticket #970166

I ordered one VPS and has been waiting for 2 days. I tried to get some help from you Discord (in both #help-me channel and DM the admin) but no replied at all.

Will take a look

@divinehawk said:

@rdes said:

NL issues seem to be fixed. But no response to critical issue ticket...

@rdes said:

We're aware of some issues with NL, we've been waiting for our network upstreams to resolve the issue.

We're most likely switching, but waiting for the prefix filters to update at our new upstream.