Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 321
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @sonontse said:
    How do you know what node you are on if all it shows is Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received on the service detailed page?

use solusvm

• virmach, please check my ticket.

• donbdonb Member

Any clue as to when would @VirMach start off with the paid migrations?

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited August 2022

@donb said: Any clue as to when would @VirMach start off with the paid migrations?

They are already done since the 5th

@pavan said: I am still paying the old pricing, can you upgrade my services to next plan and send me the invoice for difference amount

How much are you paying?

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

before few days too storage VPSes have been migrated and thorugh this time few days offline (not minutes, not hours, but DAYS)
    now the same nodes and VPSes are again day offline and unrechable
    definitively for WHAT purpose and serious use is good such absolutely careless hosting??
    Rock and roll - few days is your service working then you found it offline, and now wait day, meybe 2 or 3 while your service will be gain online. Fine game! DISASTER
    I'm bombed every few hours with notifications that auto backups failed (bcs destiantion of backup is unreachable), things are not backed up etc.. Yes, i know i should have backup servers of backup servers and ready replacement for them when i am using Virmach for it, rather. So fine work.. This costs me more nerves, killed time and frustration than few $ what i have saved bcs they are CHEAP, i am fool, decided ever use them for something serious ever..
    Currently they are so reliable exactly and usable as AlphaRack were...

• I'm going to cancel all of services at virmach, really crazy for migration to Ryzen, the Centos is not working stable, always crashes

• @lainn said:
    I'm going to cancel all of services at virmach, really crazy for migration to Ryzen, the Centos is not working stable, always crashes

same here. gonna cancel all but probably no refund.

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

Would be fine, if someone plan to do migration, first all try, FULLY and PRECISE ALL TEST IT in live environment, and fix before it. NORMAL provider do it so. Instead first migrate all customers (or most), and then find and realize millions problems, malmfunctions and fix them online with days of outages, "node is currently locked", "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" and similar awesome surprises for customers. Yes, it is not easy, but again - GOOD provider is able resolve this in advance, not on blind do something what will then suffering his customers. But as they no react on all these outages (no apologies, no sorry, no explanation, nothing), downtimes and malmfunctions, maybe have feel that "nothing scarring is happening" and all is ok? No, sure this is not normal for good hosting company, all these your epic fails, Virmach team. And customers, what would be used your service for some production use (say host their clients and business companies there, emails, webhosting for business sites), surely would be lost most of their clients (or all) already. Sorry, but, definitely, your are absolutely unreliable and unsuitable for serious things where customers can be harmed and have losses in case of longer outages.

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

Small example how did migration good provider (Crowncloud):

1) Several days in advance i got email with notification about planed migration + exact time wrote (at Virmach, you will know nothing but found service offline and then u can check network status and there find announced "Oh, node A, B C, D, E, F G, stop.. maybe all, are currently locked and under migration" No time, no ETA, fuck you, if you need service online just now..)

2) At the same time they offered me, if i cannot accept downtime 8 hours (neede for physical move racks from DC A to DC B in the city), they can offer me deploy new VPS with same resource on other node as solution (in time of migration) what i can use yet
    (At Virmach nobody know (from customer) when "migration" will begin, when he will find service offline (roulette), ##for how LONG!!!??, fine , very fine access and approach)

3) Migration was smooth and taken part of declared time

4) From this time i not found related VPS offline. (Because surely they test all enough in advance and enough precisely)

• I came here looking for more information, because I don't think this is related to the migration. I shutdown my Virmach VPS for migration, as requested, and the migration was completed almost a week ago. VPS was down for about 14 hours and then back up with a new IPv4 and working properly. Having been a bit apprehensive, I was pretty pleased/impressed with the process under the circumstances.

However, a couple of days later the service then went down and has been completely unavailable for about three days now. No ping, no VNC/console connection, the management page just times out (Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received) and the SolusVM page reports An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later. No response to my ticket, nothing on the "Network Status" page. Not impressed :(

• @wilo108 said:
    I came here looking for more information, because I don't think this is related to the migration. I shutdown my Virmach VPS for migration, as requested, and the migration was completed almost a week ago. VPS was down for about 14 hours and then back up with a new IPv4 and working properly. Having been a bit apprehensive, I was pretty pleased/impressed with the process under the circumstances.

However, a couple of days later the service then went down and has been completely unavailable for about three days now. No ping, no VNC/console connection, the management page just times out (Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received) and the SolusVM page reports An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later. No response to my ticket, nothing on the "Network Status" page. Not impressed :(

What node are you on?

NYC-B004S here, and it just went down yesterday as well. :(

• @GoodBoy said:

@Degelta said:
    I thought my server is safe after being down for a week during migration, but no so fast :/

Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

FFME006

The same. The node where my service is located is STOR.NYC-B004S.VMS. Did something happen?

1 down on the same node, so probably. Nothing announced.

• wilo108wilo108 Member
    edited August 2022

Yep, NYC-B004S. Down for ~40 hours now. No updates, nothing announced, no response to tickets (at least, not mine, anyway). Perhaps they've not noticed yet..

I don't know whether to be encouraged that it might be just one node or not... Lack of communication is very poor, though, whatever.

• donbdonb Member

@duckeeyuck said: They are already done since the 5th

And ongoing? I hope so.

• Jake4Jake4 Member
    edited August 2022

Server is backup after 20 mins (ignore)

• FFME006 down for quite some time

• @BlackZONE said:
    virmach, please check my ticket.

Relax a thousand years later ;)

• my vpses got terminated without any reason. already paid my invoice in full. ticket open 2 weeks ago but no reply

@VirMach

check my ticket

• @khr12 said:
    my vpses got terminated without any reason. already paid my invoice in full. ticket open 2 weeks ago but no reply

@VirMach

check my ticket

It's best to pay the bill for another year to give them enough time to review your tickets, imagine how disappointing it will be when they finally get to you and find out that service has expired.

• @kheng86 said:
    FFME006 down for quite some time

Seems to be back up now.

• jtkjtk Member

The VirMach status page has some new updates, possibly more coming. Currently they've noted issues with SJCZ008 and NYCB004S.

I've also seen NY dedicated servers replaced, but there may be some follow up work to do including an alternative OS install, which should have been explained in an email. In my case I had an IPv4 /28 assigned, but the replacement appears to have only a single address. Would be a bummer if the original plan's /28 isn't included, because that is what made the plan worthwhile.

Less important, but oddly I also noticed the dedicated server's IPv4 net mask is /1. Hmm, that's a new one on me.

In my case, with dozens of systems, most of the migration appears to be more or less complete, but a few minor outstanding issues to follow up remain.

• @jtk said:
    In my case I had an IPv4 /28 assigned, but the replacement appears to have only a single address. Would be a bummer if the original plan's /28 isn't included, because that is what made the plan worthwhile.
    Less important, but oddly I also noticed the dedicated server's IPv4 net mask is /1. Hmm, that's a new one on me.

That's a new one for me too, same thing here. I previously had a /29, I was only really making use of 2 IPs but I'll be slightly bummed if I end up with only a single IP. Not the end of the world if it happens though, with IP prices lately I was shocked to get a /29 at the price I pay.

My dedi replacement came through overnight, and while it obviously would've been better to not have problems in the first place, I've got minimal complaints with how this has gone down.

• Yeah they're noting an "outage" with SJCZ008 and merely "overloading" with NYCB004S (my VPS on NYCB004S is completely down for four days now). Still, it's better than complete radio silence, I suppose.

• bulabula Member

Was contacted by Support team last night offering me a Server at SJ DC, but the specs were somewhat much lesser than what I had at NY DC. Specially with the HDD. Had 2x1TB HDD previously and was offered 1x 240GB SSD. Preferred something equivalent of what I had and was informed have to wait another 1 or 2 weeks for more specs available at West coast DCs. Lets hope for the best.

• It must've been so hard and difficult to connect to Solus Panel all these months after months, there is no way to re-install OS to NYCB033X, what a shame. Giving up.

• k2775739k2775739 Member
    edited August 2022

TYOC027
    load average 19+
    WA 98.8%

• jtkjtk Member

@jtk said:
    I've also seen NY dedicated servers replaced, but there may be some follow up work to do including an alternative OS install, which should have been explained in an email. In my case I had an IPv4 /28 assigned, but the replacement appears to have only a single address. Would be a bummer if the original plan's /28 isn't included, because that is what made the plan worthwhile.

I've been told the replacement servers only have a /29, but that they "will be adding more subnets in the future". Not perfectly clear to me if that means if those that had /28's will eventually get another /29 or not. It does make a difference in value to me so I'll be crossing my fingers.

• bulabula Member

@jtk said:

I've been told the replacement servers only have a /29, but that they "will be adding more subnets in the future". Not perfectly clear to me if that means if those that had /28's will eventually get another /29 or not. It does make a difference in value to me so I'll be crossing my fingers.

From what I have read on other forum the replacement servers are assigned with /30 so not sure if they plan to add more later with /29 or /28 block. I myself had /28 block and awaiting for replacement server so lets see how its handled.

• I've been a virmach customer for several years, everything was working fine until a few weeks ago, I'm currently almost 2 months with the server offline, ticked support says forward to technician, however, no response or fix is applied.

Also, all my additional ips are gone (from all servers), I already reported this via support ticket but the answer is always the same, "forwarded to the technician" but no answer or solution.

The problem started after June 21st about "Upcoming service migration & upgrade" email, in the email it was notified that responses "could take some time" but remember I've been waiting for fixes for almost 2 months.

We migrated our customers to another provider, and we've been waiting for almost two months for additional ips to come back and fix on a specific VPS, virmach what's going on? please tell me if this will be resolved we are currently paying for your plans without using

Ticket id #455700

• Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    Ticket id #811096
    Please help me recover my server
    thanks

This discussion has been closed.