Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 319
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @Bertie said:

@saosangmo said: Be calm, you wait for resolving problem, few days or few week?
    We have waited for 4 months. :smile:

It's pretty nuts to see people justifying and defending months of downtime based on the fact that we paid $x less than AWS or Azure.

Virmach promised to deliver a service. I'm sure at the time when sales were happening, he felt he could deliver and I don't doubt he's acting in good faith... but let's be real here, that's the bare minimum (a working service with little to no support) and that hasn't been the case for months now.

Surely a reasonable person would see the writing on the wall. You should have patience and understanding, and empathy for hosts when crises happen, but at some point there's a reasonable limit and we're well past that.

Careful my friend, common sense does not apply to hobbyist clients.

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • @Bertie said:

@saosangmo said: Be calm, you wait for resolving problem, few days or few week?
    We have waited for 4 months. :smile:

It's pretty nuts to see people justifying and defending months of downtime based on the fact that we paid $x less than AWS or Azure.

"Months of downtime" vs "4 months pre-order" ? ... I have 14 servers with Virmach ( 13 online and 1 pre-order )... Maybe had some hours of downtime with Ryzen migration... What are you talking about?

Thanked by 2skorous DanSummer
  • BertieBertie Member
    edited August 2022

@risturiz said: "Months of downtime" vs "4 months pre-order" ? ... I have 14 servers with Virmach ( 13 online and 1 pre-order )... Maybe had some hours of downtime with Ryzen migration... What are you talking about?

Pretending that other people haven't had issues with migrations and server administration, and monumental downtime is counterproductive. The world simply doesn't revolve around your experiences. I'm glad you had great experiences but it's not the norm right now.

• @Bertie said: The world simply doesn't revolve around your experiences. I'm glad you had great experiences but it's not the norm right now.

Or is it? What makes your assumption correct?

• @Bertie said:>
    I'm glad you had great experiences but it's not the norm right now.

Huh? There's less than 1% of people who are having issues right now. Most customers are up and running, you just don't hear from them because there's nothing to complain about.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 DanSummer
  • @soulchief said: you just don't hear from them because there's nothing to complain about.

And they don't fit his narrative.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • XxQsXxQs Member

I hope virmach will come back soon and replace the lost time of the clients, already a little more than a month without service.

• geogeo Member

Yeah, just hoping all the data is safe.

Thanked by 2Ademan dedicados
  • @Bertie said:

@risturiz said: "Months of downtime" vs "4 months pre-order" ? ... I have 14 servers with Virmach ( 13 online and 1 pre-order )... Maybe had some hours of downtime with Ryzen migration... What are you talking about?

Pretending that other people haven't had issues with migrations and server administration, and monumental downtime is counterproductive. The world simply doesn't revolve around your experiences. I'm glad you had great experiences but it's not the norm right now.

People are more likely to complain. Currently I have 3 dedicated servers down, but that's ColoCrossing's fault. All my VPS (35) are running flawlessly, I think I maybe had 3-4 hours of combined VPS downtime. I'm sorry if your servers are down, but I believe them when they say it's less than 1% of users.

• @Bertie said:

>

I have 4 migrated ryzen.vps in Amsterdam and Frankfurt - All 100% up and very performant for weeks now. But of course I don't write about that all the time here.

• gramsaxgramsax Member
    edited August 2022

My dedicated server is down for the last 3 days and no help from technical support

The only message I have on Network status page is
    Dedicated Server API Broken (Reported) Critical

Affecting System - Dedicated Seervers
    08/03/2022 12:07 Last Updated 08/03/2022 12:07
    Currently, dedicated server will not have access to API controls.**

Does anybody know what is really happen? And what can I do to speed up the consideration of the ticket?

• Dear boss,i paid 3 dollars to migrate my machine to tokyo several hours ago,but it still shows unpaid ,please check it.the invoice is #1466568
    @VirMach

• @masterk said:
    Dear boss,i paid 3 dollars to migrate my machine to tokyo several hours ago,but it still shows unpaid ,please check it.the invoice is #1466568
    @VirMach

now it is refunded already.Is the migration function not available now?

• @gramsax said:
    My dedicated server is down for the last 3 days and no help from technical support

The only message I have on Network status page is
    Dedicated Server API Broken (Reported) Critical

Affecting System - Dedicated Seervers
    08/03/2022 12:07 Last Updated 08/03/2022 12:07
    Currently, dedicated server will not have access to API controls.**

Does anybody know what is really happen? And what can I do to speed up the consideration of the ticket?

Check your email, they sent something out.

Dear VirMach Customers,

We are sending this emergency notification to let you know of a potential service disruption in regards to your dedicated serve0(s.) We will discuss additional details when possible, but at this time, it is important to ensure your backups are up to date.

Please ensure you maintain a copy of all important files in a secondary location, outside of your dedicated server. This is always best practice, but there is currently an elevated risk of service disruption.

If there is an unexpected interruption, please contact us in the "priority" department and mention in the subject that the matter is regarding your dedicated server with us. We will continue to provide SLA credit per our terms of service. We have also prepared replacement servers which we will be distributing on an emergency basis. If you would like to more immediately switch your dedicated server to a server located with our new datacenter partners, please create a ticket in the "priority" department called "Dedicated Server Migration" and provide [1] your existing dedicated server credentials, [2] your minimum requirements for your new dedicated server, [3] your desired location(s) for your new dedicated server, if available.

Thank you.

Thanked by 2gramsax FrankZ
  • Check your email, they sent something out.

Yes, they sent this letter and the connection with the server immediately disappeared. Didn't even have time to make a backup.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • is LAXA021 oversea speed very slow, such as bandwidth to Asia less than 1Mbps up/download?

• @gramsax said:

Check your email, they sent something out.

Yes, they sent this letter and the connection with the server immediately disappeared. Didn't even have time to make a backup.

How expensive was this hard lesson to learn? Millions?

Thanked by 2netomx gramsax
  • edited August 2022

Their webpage has been updated again.

How dare they put [email protected] on the front page!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@TimboJones said: How expensive was this hard lesson to learn? Millions?

• LAXA014 is down for 4 days now.
    LAXA024 has network problem, very slow download/upload speed.

@VirMach

• @webdev said:
    My VPS was fine, after migration, the network does not work anymore. so I reinstall the OS, and the node can't even boot now...

Unmount iso
    Try to boot. If its ok
    Make this
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3463982/#Comment_3463982

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • My VPS is down from last 4 days with a message "This node is currently locked". There is no reply to any of my ticket. :'(

• @AlanDS said:
    My VPS is down from last 4 days with a message "This node is currently locked". There is no reply to any of my ticket. :'(

same, however it is only 1 of 6 vps I have registered, the others are fine after the migration, however it is the fattest one :disappointed:

• @VirMach Please take a look at Ticket #555998. It’s been over two month since my server gone offline and no one is going to take care of it. What kind of customer service is it?

• VIRMACH IS COMMITTING THE CRIMINAL OFFENSE OF FRAUD. THEY DO NOT CARE IF YOUR MACHINE WORKS OR NOT.

Thanked by 1Leely
  • does the "Migrate" button work in the service page? I'd like to do a migration from NYC area to SJC, but the page showed "timeout" immediately after I hit confirm... well fortunately the service is still running.

• I would like to request a migration of my service. I would like the service to be migrated without any data transfered.

I understand the migration will result in a reboot, IP change, and all my data being wiped . I understand there is a $3 fee associated with the migration.

• tuctuc Member

@uptwo said:
    I would like to request a migration of my service. I would like the service to be migrated without any data transfered.

I understand the migration will result in a reboot, IP change, and all my data being wiped . I understand there is a $3 fee associated with the migration.

and I understand it takes months or years to process my request :)

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • I was a long term virmach customer and think people complaints are not valid.
    But now, I understand.

Thanked by 1s12321
  • lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited August 2022

After months of downtime I did virmachs job and got my 2 down vps back up by fixing IP. I was able to login via VNC.

Pretty comical they pulled off a website redesign but don't have time to answer month old tickets.

This discussion has been closed.