Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 317
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• skorousskorous Member
    edited August 2022

@bqio23 said: Why one can not run his own mail server?

Hey, you want to make your life harder than it needs to be - you do you.

• My shared webhosting service has been down for about a week now and I haven't had any luck with support. Figured doing priority support I'd get a response quicker but I haven't had any luck. My service shows active and my website when I got to it shows my account was suspended but I have no notice for any type of suspension nor have I changed anything to my site in the last year that would break any TOS to my knowledge.

Hoping this can be resolved. Thanks

Ticket #903096

• @FrankZ said:

@netomx said:
    Still locked :(

It's back. I'm in NYC but it is broken and will not start.
    I am so surprised!!

@VirMach said:

@cold said:
    or could NOT work at all for a few weeks ! yeeey

He loves surprises, that'd be the biggest surprise of all.

I went to sleep, woke up and now it is working.
    Kudos to the guy doing migrations, he is getting much better.

• @bqio23 said:

@FrankZ said:

@bqio23 said: mail server.

If I can make a suggestion as I run a few mail servers as well. A few years ago I got a small BF mxroute account for $5 a year which I use to relay all outbound mail on port 587. If you can live with 300 outbound emails a hour it is a great deal. All inbound mail still comes directly to my mail servers, just the outbound is relayed. Saved me a ton of problems with delivery issues and I no longer have to worry about things like rDNS or if a provider's IP is on some blacklists.

If that suits you, fine.
    Why one can not run his own mail server?

Many organizations only trust e-mail sent from AWS, Google, Microsoft, and maybe a few of these smaller SMTP relays, and everything else is automatically flagged as spam, or, worse, deleted. I learned this the hard way when applying for jobs a few years ago. You shouldn't have any problems with receiving e-mails, POP3, and IMAP though. Personally, I'm already paying for Google Workspace, so I just relay my outbound mail through it.

Thanked by 2FrankZ _MS_
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@JohnSmithy69 said:
    My shared webhosting service has been down for about a week now and I haven't had any luck with support. Figured doing priority support I'd get a response quicker but I haven't had any luck. My service shows active and my website when I got to it shows my account was suspended but I have no notice for any type of suspension nor have I changed anything to my site in the last year that would break any TOS to my knowledge.

Ticket #903096

Email was sent a while ago with new nameservers to use. If you have a dedicated IP and pointing an A record, make sure to check cPanel for the new IP.

• @VirMach said:

@JohnSmithy69 said:
    My shared webhosting service has been down for about a week now and I haven't had any luck with support. Figured doing priority support I'd get a response quicker but I haven't had any luck. My service shows active and my website when I got to it shows my account was suspended but I have no notice for any type of suspension nor have I changed anything to my site in the last year that would break any TOS to my knowledge.

Ticket #903096

Email was sent a while ago with new nameservers to use. If you have a dedicated IP and pointing an A record, make sure to check cPanel for the new IP.

My panel wasn't working for a few days but it is now. Thank you for the update. Appreciate it!

• @karjaj said:

@lamhaoyin said:
    My migration request received no response in 4 days after the invoice was paid. Are you still operating normally? Please have a look at ticket #844405. @VirMach

Well, my paid migration request was 06/27/2022, not ok yet... >:)

Great. Now I can come to a conclusion that @VirMach should have saw this but they just chose to turn a blind eye rather than actively respond to their customers. Nor any ETA. How awful & disgusting.

• @FrankZ said:

@FrankZ said:

@netomx said:
    Still locked :(

It's back. I'm in NYC but it is broken and will not start.
    I am so surprised!!

@VirMach said:

@cold said:
    or could NOT work at all for a few weeks ! yeeey

He loves surprises, that'd be the biggest surprise of all.

I went to sleep, woke up and now it is working.
    Kudos to the guy doing migrations, he is getting much better.

Mine too, worked in New Jersey. The truth is not long. Lost IP access. VNC, however, works. The OS cannot be reinstalled from the templates, although it says that it was successful. When mounting ISO (tried a couple), it does not load at all.

• VayVayKaVayVayKa Member
    edited August 2022

@VayVayKa said:
    Lost IP access. VNC, however, works.

Connected through VNC.
    Changed "eth0" to "ens3" in etc/network/interfaces (I have debian).
    Reboot.
    ???
    PROFIT

• You still has VirMach VPSes? Eh, I was pretty sure you got banned? :D

• @JabJab said:
    You still has VirMach VPSes? Eh, I was pretty sure you got banned? :D

this tirrada was addressed to me?

• network down
    ip is missing and can't ssh
    ticket #176394

• @wsxyz said:
    network down
    ip is missing and can't ssh
    ticket #176394

Basically, if you post your ticket number on LET, VirMach won't check it. Because it would be unfair to check it first.

• taizitaizi Member
    edited August 2022

docker 45 is now DOWN
    Target: Server Agent
    Noticed at: 2022-08-03 14:52:49 (UTC+00:00)
    my dedi in Dallas can't connect.
    can anyone have the Dallas server do a confirmation?

• rdp2 is now DOWN
    Noticed at: 2022-08-03 15:23:48 (UTC+00:00)
    rip,LA server downed too

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@taizi said:
    rdp2 is now DOWN
    rip,LA server downed too

Are these dedis on ColoCrossing? My friend told me her dedi in Buffalo is offline too.

• @LordSpock said:

@taizi said:
    rdp2 is now DOWN
    rip,LA server downed too

Are these dedis on ColoCrossing? My friend told me her dedi in Buffalo is offline too.

yes,ColoCrossing's ip

• @LordSpock said:

@taizi said:
    rdp2 is now DOWN
    rip,LA server downed too

Two in Chicago went dead too.

@skorous said:

@LordSpock said:

@taizi said:
    rdp2 is now DOWN
    rip,LA server downed too

By the looks of it, their looking glasses seem offline (I don't know if this is regular or not). Perhaps an issue on all VirMach stuff in ColoCrossing?

• @LordSpock said:

@skorous said:

@LordSpock said:

@taizi said:
    rdp2 is now DOWN
    rip,LA server downed too

By the looks of it, their looking glasses seem offline (I don't know if this is regular or not). Perhaps an issue on all VirMach stuff in ColoCrossing?

lg.buf.colocrossing.com can't open
    maybe it is a ColoCrossing issue,not virmach

@taizi said:

@LordSpock said:

@skorous said:

@LordSpock said:

@taizi said:
    rdp2 is now DOWN
    rip,LA server downed too

lg.buf.colocrossing.com can't open
    maybe it is a ColoCrossing issue,not virmach

I can access that, plus RackNerd in CC without an issue.

Thanked by 1taizi
  • @taizi said: lg.buf.colocrossing.com can't open

Works here

Thanked by 1taizi
  • Both my LAX and Chicago dedi are down, also looks like main site is down. Hope everything's okay with VirMach, restoring from (thankfully hourly) backups now.

Thanked by 1bakageta
  • Main site is down but client area and my JP box are up

• @LiliLabs said:
    Both my LAX and Chicago dedi are down, also looks like main site is down. Hope everything's okay with VirMach, restoring from (thankfully hourly) backups now.

at least billing.virmach.com is working...

• @taizi said:

@LiliLabs said:
    Both my LAX and Chicago dedi are down, also looks like main site is down. Hope everything's okay with VirMach, restoring from (thankfully hourly) backups now.

at least billing.virmach.com is working...

That makes me feel better, they might just be having an issue with CC at the moment. All my (~30) Ryzen VMs are up and running, looks like every new location is still up.

My friend has told me their server in Buffalo is back up.

• taizitaizi Member
    edited August 2022

@LordSpock said:
    My friend has told me their server in Buffalo is back up.

mine still down
    edit:back up now

• Looks like my dedi in Buffalo is down as well. You can't even look at it in the billing portal, if you click on view device it gets an API authentication error

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Remember, we are paying cents for cheap VPSs.

This discussion has been closed.