Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 314
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @jholycloud said:

@FrankZ said:

@jholycloud said: In SolusVM, my node shown as : RYZE.AMS-D026.VMS

I can confirm that node AMSD026 is currently working, as my VM on this node has been up for 18 days.

--

@lemoncube said: what are you using for monitoring? that graph looks nice.

I roll my own monitoring systems, and most other things. The graph above is done using Apex charts which is open source.

Thanks for your confirmation @FrankZ. Maybe it is specifically occurred on my VM. I think only @VirMach could help for now because I already follow all suggestion, except reinstall my OS, which is not in my plan.

I created a Ticket #563890

updating about this issue, I just checked the VMs and it is online now. Thanks @VirMach.
    I closed the not-responded ticket.

• coldcold Member

@VirMach said:

@ashadib said:
    @VirMach and what is the ETA for fixing logging in CPanel issue?? You explain much technical without mentioning any thing about service level. It's called (service)

That was fixed, but it's running into another issue right now related to RAID10 controller breaking. We did set up lots of backups though and also have the backups directly on other SSDs so technically it should be easy to get it back up but I have to take a look, still trying to get it back online right now and writing out a status update.

@cold said:

@PhantomPain said:
    @VirMach My server has been offline for weeks and the reinstall button not works. I created a ticket 2 weeks ago but no response yet. I have pm you ticket number. Could you please check pm and have a look on my ticket? Thanks.

what part of he doesnt care don't u get ? IT WILL BE UP WHEN HE WILL CARE TO FIX THEM.. and the downtime will be added to VPS so u wont have to pay for the downtime, he has better things to do, to chat here with us

I fixed something like three servers over the last few hours before coming on here briefly during my break. But if it bothers you so much, no worries, I can leave.

We can't spend 10-15 minutes per 1 VM in that situation when in the same time we can fix hundreds of others first. I mean we can but it would be a very terrible decision for hundreds of people and a great decision for maybe a dozen of the other people waiting 2-3 weeks in that rare situation.

wow... nevermind... it feels again like back home... I dont even know why we even dare to ask you to delieve what we've paid for... I'M SORRY MATE ! wish you a nice weekend ! your humble client !

• reb0rnreb0rn Member

@VirMach said:

Uptime on our end 46 days. It has to most likely be isolated to your VM or perhaps the disk you ended up on or something to that level. I also don't see CPU spikes on my end, nor would a CPU spike when booting be abnormal.

My guess is your OS is crashing, you'd have to check logs.

By the way this node is highly underutilized as well. No one really wants Denver, it's at 19% CPU usage for last several days, steady. Low load average. It's possible the networking is bad but that has nothing to do with the server.

Network is fine, looks like if I start rsync or something for few minutes and use CPU near 100% it just goes down... log show nothing smart it just go off...

• SJCZ004 woke up...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@VirMach said:
    @FrankZ I don't know if you remember our discussion a long time ago regarding RAID10 and my concerns regarding using the only "HW" RAID10 we found at the time that was viable, but I'm so glad we didn't go this route. Out of all maybe half a dozen of them out there in the datacenter, I haven't been able to get a few of them to consistently detect the disks or build arrays and the single one I was able to get up and test was the one that just went down, graphs looks like at least one disk dropped out the array and caused it to crash the server entirely.

Still just preparing to look into it but boy am I not excited.

IIRC that was like a year ago in the 2018 thread. I am really glad that you decided not to go HW Raid10 with NVMe drives and instead do double the disk space and backups. From what I have seen so far the disk speed has been really good on all the nodes. I also expect it has been much simpler when things have broken, not that it is ever really simple when things break, but you know what I mean.

Sending you some good luck for your time working on the shared hosting node array.

@reb0rn said: Network is fine, looks like if I start rsync or something for few minutes and use CPU near 100% it just goes down... log show nothing smart it just go off...

If it was April in Tokyo I would say you are on a bad disk, but since it is July I will say maybe you are bumping the abuse script limits. Try limiting your rsync to 20 or 30 Mbs with --bwlimit=2512 and see if it still reboots on you.

@cold said: wow... nevermind... it feels again like back home... I dont even know why we even dare to ask you to delieve what we've paid for... I'M SORRY MATE ! wish you a nice weekend ! your humble client !

One day I hope you find peace. This constant anger is not good for your health.

• @ashadib said:
    @VirMach I do really appreciate your last explaination that you are overwhelmed with unexpected issues on the top of standing ones.
    But still You can get super assistance from hundreds of geeks from fiverr , it may cost you a couple or three of your clients' bills of a service they haven't got as they should from your hosting.
    Good luck

Sorry, but that disqualifies you! Fiverr you said? :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@DanSummer said: Sorry, but that disqualifies you! Fiverr you said? :)

I was just pondering how I would feel if VirMach let a bunch of Fiverr guys wander around the nodes and through the administration system. Then I saw your post.
    Bravo sir, I could not have said it better.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

We are at page 314 (The Pi page)

• _MS__MS_ Member

@FAT32 said:
    We are at page 314 (The Pi page)

ViPi deals. Yay! Dedicated instances.

Thanked by 2FAT32 alilet
  • mlcmlc Member

@UnknownUsername said:
    seems like I am the only one having the issue on RYZE.SJCZ004 (as one of the announcement posted on 06/19/2022 19:41 mentioned this server issue had been resolved....)
    I got "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" in Client Area
    I got "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later" in VPS Control.... Tried reboot/shutdown/boot/power off, all the same...

@VirMach, can you provide any target resolve date on this issue? Or can you keep posting any update/finding/task you guys done/found/face? The announcement in your website is weeks ago, just dont keep us in the dark, we are your customer...

Me too, VPS has been down for a month and a half, and obviously, they don't want to fix it. If there will the worst provider poll, I will vote for VirMach.
    LOL

• @mlc said:

@UnknownUsername said:
    seems like I am the only one having the issue on RYZE.SJCZ004 (as one of the announcement posted on 06/19/2022 19:41 mentioned this server issue had been resolved....)
    I got "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" in Client Area
    I got "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later" in VPS Control.... Tried reboot/shutdown/boot/power off, all the same...

Me too, VPS has been down for a month and a half, and obviously, they don't want to fix it. If there will the worst provider poll, I will vote for VirMach.
    LOL

Thanks to @Virmach 's sleepless nights, SJCZ004 is back as of this morning, after only about 12 days of downtime.

I'd jump off SJ to somewhere with more responsive DC techs (is there a chart somewhere? LA good? Dallas bad? SJ inept? ), but it's all about the petabytes!

• mlcmlc Member

@dirtminer said:

@mlc said:

@UnknownUsername said:

LOL

Thanks to @Virmach 's sleepless nights, SJCZ004 is back as of this morning, after only about 12 days of downtime.

I'd jump off SJ to somewhere with more responsive DC techs (is there a chart somewhere? LA good? Dallas bad? SJ inept? ), but it's all about the petabytes!

My VPS in SJCZ004 is still in a state of downtime now. I have tried to restart many times but had no effect. If your VPS goes down for a longer time, you will also be disappointed with it.

• reb0rnreb0rn Member

@FrankZ said:

@reb0rn said: Network is fine, looks like if I start rsync or something for few minutes and use CPU near 100% it just goes down... log show nothing smart it just go off...

If it was April in Tokyo I would say you are on a bad disk, but since it is July I will say maybe you are bumping the abuse script limits. Try limiting your rsync to 20 or 30 Mbs with --bwlimit=2512 and see if it still reboots on you.

Yeah but its not only rsync as after 12-20h with just ~10% cpu load it shutdown me again, will try to migrate out of denver as only there i have issue

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@reb0rn said:

@FrankZ said:

Yeah but its not only rsync as after 12-20h with just ~10% cpu load it shutdown me again, will try to migrate out of denver as only there i have issue

Abuse script shouldn't shut you down without making the ticket first if I remember the coding correctly. If it fails at that point it would not perform the powerdown step, unless that part was recoded.

It also absolutely shouldn't do anything in the timeframe you mentioned.

Message me your service's IP, I'm interested in seeing what's going on with it in terms of logs on our end. If it's when you rsync that behavior you're describing is most likely not related to the CPU at all but could be related to perhaps memory or disk. I want to see if you're hitting OOM or if there's any node problems such as I/O errors or ECC memory errors. I'll also have a look either way but having your ID will help make the investigation go by faster.

Thanked by 3FrankZ skorous reb0rn
  • pddpdd Member

Tokyo 027node is experiencing an extremely low io as well as being limited to less than 100Mbps bandwidth speed, cpu steal bouncing up and down at 10%,for about 3days,please investigate it! Thank you!

• aliletalilet Member

Tried to install Debian 11 from SolusVM template and this happened

@pdd said:
    Tokyo 027node is experiencing an extremely low io as well as being limited to less than 100Mbps bandwidth speed, cpu steal bouncing up and down at 10%,for about 3days,please investigate it! Thank you!

I noticed something weird about that node today but couldn't identify it, I was finally able to locate the abuser. The node was technically fine, it just looks like one guy was sending such an extreme mail volume that it was tripping up our logging and causing issues with the anti-spam script, causing high disk wait, and flooding bursts of packets in a weird way where it didn't necessarily look terrible on the graphs but was definitely negatively affecting everything.

Node went from 40-45% user usage, 20% system usage, and 6% system interrupts with bursts of disk wait to 15% user, 5% system, 1% system interrupts just from powering him down.

I'll have our developer take a look and see how it was negatively affecting the anti-abuse script, these spammers are getting ridiculous with what they do to avoid getting caught so when they do get through it really impacts the system negatively and it's hard to identify since it ends up looking like something else.

@cold said:

@VirMach said:

@ashadib said:
    @VirMach and what is the ETA for fixing logging in CPanel issue?? You explain much technical without mentioning any thing about service level. It's called (service)

That was fixed, but it's running into another issue right now related to RAID10 controller breaking. We did set up lots of backups though and also have the backups directly on other SSDs so technically it should be easy to get it back up but I have to take a look, still trying to get it back online right now and writing out a status update.

@cold said:

@PhantomPain said:
    @VirMach My server has been offline for weeks and the reinstall button not works. I created a ticket 2 weeks ago but no response yet. I have pm you ticket number. Could you please check pm and have a look on my ticket? Thanks.

what part of he doesnt care don't u get ? IT WILL BE UP WHEN HE WILL CARE TO FIX THEM.. and the downtime will be added to VPS so u wont have to pay for the downtime, he has better things to do, to chat here with us

I fixed something like three servers over the last few hours before coming on here briefly during my break. But if it bothers you so much, no worries, I can leave.

We can't spend 10-15 minutes per 1 VM in that situation when in the same time we can fix hundreds of others first. I mean we can but it would be a very terrible decision for hundreds of people and a great decision for maybe a dozen of the other people waiting 2-3 weeks in that rare situation.

wow... nevermind... it feels again like back home... I dont even know why we even dare to ask you to delieve what we've paid for... I'M SORRY MATE ! wish you a nice weekend ! your humble client !

We haven't necessarily completely forgotten about the <0.6% facing the issue we've been discussing. It's just something where the majority of the work is organizing it and then completing it in bulk and we're very close to having them all fixed at once.

I just haven't been providing an ETA because it could be highly varied. For example we got it organized and then when we re-released the Ryzen migrate button, a lot of people fixed it with the button so we have to go through the list again and mark the ones that were already fixed as we cannot include them in the fix or else data will be overwritten. So if I had provided a previous estimate and then that happened, people would just be further upset. I've been working on it today on the side.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@alilet said:

Node?

• aliletalilet Member

@VirMach said:

@alilet said:

Node?

NYCB030

• lolmilolmi Member

@VirMach
    TYOC025 Please check, it's been almost 12 hours since we lost contact.

• pddpdd Member

@VirMach said:

@pdd said:

I noticed something weird about that node today but couldn't identify it, I was finally able to locate the abuser. The node was technically fine, it just looks like one guy was sending such an extreme mail

Thank you, sir! It looks normal enough for now, I think you should ban such unruly abusers for the good of all,have a nice day!

• @VirMach said:

@ianirban said:
    @All... Can you guys guide me a bit please ?

I have no access to my CPanel and autologin does not work from VirMach client area. Also PhpMyAdmin does not work either from client area. I dont have any VM rather its a cpanel hosting.

I want to move my website from VirMach Cpanel hosting to a different hosting and it was a wordpress site. Though I have backup of my files but I dont have the backup of my MySQL DB.

Its been more 2 weeks now and service is down(or according to VirMach its not offline or outage rather something else).

VirMach is loaded with tickets so cannot expect them to fix something soon.

So, 'wait' is the only option until they fix everything ? Its so frustrating. Only mistake I have done is not taking a timely backup and hence paying the price.

Is there any paid/premium service from VirMach ? If yes whats the procedure and cost to avail ?

I didn't read your comment but I'm just letting you know, something else just recently went wrong with the server over the last 8 hours and I'm looking into it and probably creating a network issue for it. I've been working on bringing other nodes up for the last several hours so I wasn't able to get to this one yet.

But this is independent from all the previous issues and it was confirmed functional otherwise last we spoke.

It's working now. Thanks @VirMach for all your efforts. Much appreciated.

@lolmi said:
    @VirMach
    TYOC025 Please check, it's been almost 12 hours since we lost contact.

I've been in contact with them to get this back up, I haven't had a chance to complete it or send out a notice. Looks like it has power but won't cycle properly.

It's been around 9 hours, or 8 hours when you made the comment, you might as well say almost 24 hours then round that up to a week. Doesn't make a difference on how I'm working through the servers today.

• tuctuc Member

All my VM's @VirMach have not been used the last two months; hope all issues will be settled soon :(

• @VirMach said:

@ashadib said:

Am just shocked because it sounded like a one man power freelancing host concept more than a real host company with specialized employees.

...snipped for brevity. But yes, you are speaking with one single person right now who has been handling almost everything and not sleeping

This whole thing is like watching a train wreck. My vps came back up but I cant trust it nor use it cause for smtp as the rDNS isnt set. But I keep coming back for the entertainment. The poor communications. The botched migrations. The tone of the written policies if you try to open a ticket. the decision to ignore your ticket system and attempt to support via this thread. and now the Bus Factor.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor

But the funniest are the people who pop in here wanting to know if they can get in on the deal :)

Honestly I wish you luck. I just lost the faith

Thanked by 1adly
  • My migration request received no response in 4 days after the invoice was paid. Are you still operating normally? Please have a look at ticket #844405. @VirMach

• kmm996kmm996 Member
    edited July 2022

Can you help me? I haven't been able to connect to my server for a few days
    @VirMach @VirMach

Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Status Unknown
    Node RYZE.LAX-Z014.VMS

• r06ertr06ert Member
    edited July 2022

Due to the poor network performance of TYOC027, I paid for a Japan migration request to change a node.

This request was not completed immediately, but in the queue.

Now that TYOC027 is normal, can I cancel this request?

The associated migration ticket is Ticket #734319.

• JonesJones Member
    edited July 2022

repeat

• JonesJones Member
    edited July 2022

@Jones said:

@VirMach said:

@Jones said: Are you kind enough to refund this product that has been unable to use after renewal?
    because it is always offline.

Make an appropriate ticket for that issue, it can be priority department if you desire based on the information you provided.

Just don't use the offline report button, too many of those were used during migration to where it's difficult to assume it hasn't been resolved by now.

Also make sure to mention the duration it's been offline so we can appropriately credit you.

According to your request, I submitted this ticket #297244, but I'm not sure it will take several months to get processed?

@VirMach

Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Is there any technician to solve this problem? I haven't had VPS available for 2 months since the renewal

This discussion has been closed.