Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 275
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• If auto network-reconfiguring didn't work for you, try to login via vnc and get the interface name by ip link and manually change eth0 or whatever to that name in/etc/network/interfaces (debian and variants) or /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<device name> (rhel variants). After that just reboot or restart networking service or use ifupdown to let the changes take effect.
    Making a link of /dev/eth0 to /dev/<actual-interface-name> might also work but I didn't try this method.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • vpsshvpssh Member

FFME

There is finally an update about the disk issue on Network Status page.
    But they haven't solve it yet. Problem still.

• I've moved most of my non important VPS to Ryzen and the benchmarks are nice, but anything I care about is still on the E5 nodes until the issues get resolved. At this point I'm hoping I don't get forcibly migrated, might end up moving some sites off of VirMach until the issues are cleared up. Really unfortunate since uptime has been amazing on the E5 stuff.

• TokyomTokyom Member

Regrett ably, this is the worst service provider I have ever seen. Whether it is technical or after-sales, he works alone throughout the whole process, pre-sale from Tokyo, and when he arrives in Los Angeles, there are repeated problems. What is it? Got you guys so obsessed with virmach? price? You should guess how much time and energy you have wasted yourself.

Thanked by 2mrTom emgh
  • tetechtetech Member

@nightcat said:
    @Virmach

You have move my NYC server and without data kept.
    How to recover lost data.

Restore from backup.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@Tokyom said:
    Regrett ably, this is the worst service provider I have ever seen. Whether it is technical or after-sales, he works alone throughout the whole process, pre-sale from Tokyo, and when he arrives in Los Angeles, there are repeated problems.

VirMach is not a one man show.

@Tokyom said:
    What is it? Got you guys so obsessed with virmach? price? You should guess how much time and energy you have wasted yourself.

Loyalty, I don't necessarily expect you will agree or understand this line of thought. I will just say that each of us has to decide what type of company we want to support. I decided to support some smaller companies who have treated me fairly over many years, of which VirMach is one. So when they are having a tough go of it, I try to help out, instead of jumping on the bandwagon to kick them when they are down. That is my choice, and I'm ok with it. You do you.

Yes, I pay peanuts for my VirMach servers but what has bought my loyalty is their reliability over the many years that I have used them. That and the transparency VirMach offers in this forum. For me this is just a hiccup in the great scope of things.

With VirMach it was fairly easy to see that there could be issues with this large of a transition as early as late last year. I considered it my responsibility to plan accordingly so I have not wasted any of my time. My sites are redundant on a mix of providers including VirMach and have stayed online without any issue.

Besides looking at the current stats of my VirMach Ryzen VMs below what do I really have to complain about.

Link

• @FrankZ, does your ATL Ryzen have another IP on the panel? Mine have another IP (shown up as primary) after Virmach rebooted the server...

P.S. All 10 services of mine do not have a single IPv6 address... How about yours?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@xpreboun - No, my Atlanta VM has only the one IPv4. Others have two IPv4 when I did early migrate to Ryzen and only an IP was reserved, and than later actually migrated.

My VM in Frankfurt on Node FFME001 has native IPv6, the others have tunnels for the moment.

Thanked by 1xpreboun
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@FrankZ said: For me this is just a hiccup in the great scope of things.

This.
    This move from the old, discontinued, Intel servers to modern, famous, AMD servers is VirMach future-proofing their business. It's complete rebranding (except the site) - the CPU, network/upstreams, locations, etc. He's setting it up for the next 5-10 years. Once this migration/migraine phase passes, I expect to see stability just the way it used to be before the migraine ... I mean, migration.

• I just want to write my own experience using @VirMach for last couple of years for my prod server. I think it is not fair if we only write about their bad in this forum.
    Although honestly, I'm here because my important VMs have problem, create ticket, but no single reply from them (especially technical team). And I just know that I've been Ryzen-ed here at LET. They sent me few emails about migration, YES, but they never tell which node, when they will execute it, and how long it will affected my VMs.
    So below is my summary :
    pros(+):

• Cheap (absolutely)
    • Pretty stable (most of the node, not all)
    • Fair business policy (they gave my money back for a bad VMs although I already use it for some time. The VMs has random auto restarting and often has network problem.)

cons (-)

• Need (very) long time to answer ticket.
    • Force customer to move to Ryzen. My opinion, we should decide our own time to migrate. (Or not migrate at all ??)
    • Some nodes are bad. If your VM in the bad node, just terminate your VM and create new one. Less of headache.

Just for additional information, my important VM suddenly has no network connection yesterday. 18 hours later, it shows that the node is locked (it means being migrated into Ryzen). 6 hours later I could access my VM again, but with different IP address.

So for you guys, if your VMs are still in migration process, don't panic, I hope my experience could calm you down. Wish you all the best. And thanks to @VirMach for the service until now. Hoping with this Ryzen work could bring your business and service to a new & better level.

Thanked by 2ariq01 VirMach
  • titustitus Member
    edited July 2022

NY10GKVM96 node 'locked' on the WHMCS about a days ago, and no information on network status page. VM offline from the node, no new IP assigned on the control panel. :( Probably it is a part of the "New York Ryzen" migration wave. But no information about it.

• netrixnetrix Member

@titus said:
    NY10GKVM96 node 'locked' on the WHMCS about a days ago, and no information on network status page. VM offline from the node, no new IP assigned on the control panel. :( Probably it is a part of the "New York Ryzen" migration wave. But no information about it.

mine has new ip address before get locked, but still offline until now

Thanked by 1titus
  • Vir opened a Ticket show my new ip in blackedlisted after migration,another vps is offline but show online ,reset network many times but still offline. any ETA everything back to normal?

• msattmsatt Member

@jholycloud said: I just want to write my own experience using @VirMach for last couple of years for my prod server. I think it is not fair if we only write about their bad in this forum.

But how long do you need to wait before saying something negative?

Many of us paid for migration specials A YEAR AGO and are being billed for renewal now !!. Service has been compulsorily migrated from Amsterdam to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt it breaks.

I bought two specials because prior to them, I had 3 other servers with Virmach. I was extremely happy with their reliability. But now I am offline and there are so many other users in the same position.

Communication is crap, ticket support is crap, servers are crap. When we do get communication it is don't open tickets or dumped loads of tickets, or courier has screwed up, or drives failed or bios not holding configs or emergency reboot or... or ...

Great idea - lets migrate another load of servers even though we havent fixed the existing underlying problems.

Come on guys things / times have changed and damage IS being done.

I genuinely beleive Virmach are trying their best but stupid decisions are just being compounded.

STOP migrating even if it costs you money. Fix the problems for the currently migrated servers (you have enough broken servers) and then plan further migrations.

• @msatt said: Many of us paid for migration specials A YEAR AGO and are being billed for renewal now !!. Service has been compulsorily migrated from Amsterdam to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt it breaks.

And? I mean it's really simple. - don't renew then. If you think about it, now's the perfect time because you got almost a whole year of use before it started to have problems and you had to cancel. If you decide to stay then you know the situation and made an informed decision.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@skorous, selective reading much?

• skorousskorous Member
    edited July 2022

@Mumbly said:

Nope. Reading comprehension issues?

Edit: I'm sorry, that's too harsh. I just mean, so many people are pissed about this but they won't leave in which case why bitch? Stockholmn syndrome or what?

Thanked by 1bakageta
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited July 2022

@skorous said:

@Mumbly said:

Nope. Reading comprehension issues?

Yeah, it seems like. I am pretty sure that you can do it better without being dick toward the people all the time and actually try to understand also their situation, hope that service they paid for will finally work as it should and frustrations then.

• @alvin said:

@Degelta said:
    FFME006

> > Booting from Hard Disk…
    > > Boot failed: could not read the boot disk

At least 12 hours already…

same, and the VPS won't start anymore, it's always in off state. :(
    The previous node has not been restored for many weeks, and now a new node has collapsed...maybe more ,and more. This situation is not ideal, and there is no compensation plan. It maybe only be restored when it expires, or it may have been forgotten.

hi, is the FFME006 working at Your end ?
    having the same bootting issue

• msattmsatt Member

@skorous said:

@msatt said: Many of us paid for migration specials A YEAR AGO and are being billed for renewal now !!. Service has been compulsorily migrated from Amsterdam to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt it breaks.

And? I mean it's really simple. - don't renew then. If you think about it, now's the perfect time because you got almost a whole year of use before it started to have problems and you had to cancel. If you decide to stay then you know the situation and made an informed decision.

The point is this was a migration special i.e. you will be moved to a Ryzen !!!

We paid for the migration special because we wanted Ryzen at a good price - so now we have ended up wasting that money, being asked for more and still end up with a broken server.

Great value, great service, great server - NOT.

• msattmsatt Member

@shahinIman said: hi, is the FFME006 working at Your end ?

>
    My server on FFME006 - troubleshooter says.

Your server's host node appears to be down, check our server status page for more info. Please refrain from creating a support ticket unless the node has already been brought back up and your service is still offline.

• @msatt said:

@shahinIman said: hi, is the FFME006 working at Your end ?

>
    My server on FFME006 - troubleshooter says.

Your server's host node appears to be down, check our server status page for more info. Please refrain from creating a support ticket unless the node has already been brought back up and your service is still offline.

thanks, any idea/forecast/hope when to expect it working?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@msatt said: The point is this was a migration special i.e. you will be moved to a Ryzen !!!

We paid for the migration special because we wanted Ryzen at a good price - so now we have ended up wasting that money, being asked for more and still end up with a broken server.

I personally did not order any Migration Specials because I saw the offer as a regular Xeon package with normal support at a reduced price. The only advantage as I saw it was the regular support. I don't know how it could have been made more clear that this special was not a Ryzen pre-order.

From the original offer thread:

Our servers with ColoCrossing have been going empty, so I am once again asking for your support in filling the lonely and deeply saddened Buffalo servers.

But wait, there's a catch. Unfortunately, we can't keep you there forever. These servers used for this special are set to expire over the next few months, as they've earned their retirement after working long and hard for over half a decade. So while we're not guaranteeing this will happen, you'd be slated to go on our new Ryzen servers before your annual contract ends.

Please note, these are not Ryzen pre-orders. You are purchasing a regular package and it will at a later time be moved over to Ryzen. Please only purchase these specials if you're looking for a service and interested at these price-points for our current server offerings (not Ryzen.)

We have decided to provide these migration specials with a standard level of support (excluding one-time limited term offers.) This means that the migration plans are not limited support specials,

Please note, along the way, you might hit a few bumps and be transferred to other ColoCrossing nodes as we consolidate (but you'll receive ample notice.) We wouldn't recommend this special if you don't like your VPS to travel, as you may be moved to the next closest location, but there's a good chance we'll let you decide once our automatic migration tool goes live.

• msattmsatt Member

@FrankZ - I appreciate your comment and understand your interpretation. We could both quote different parts of the original post to confirm our points.

My feelings are still unchanged, these were Migration specials and I have waited patiently for a year and end up with a broken server and a bill.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • coldcold Member

FFME004.VIRM.AC down... it worked for 2 days after the SUCCESFUL migration!

Thanked by 11allen
  • @msatt said:
    @FrankZ - I appreciate your comment and understand your interpretation. We could both quote different parts of the original post to confirm our points.

My feelings are still unchanged, these were Migration specials and I have waited patiently for a year and end up with a broken server and a bill.

If I could ask ( and despite @Mumbly's opinion, I'm not always being a dick ) which part of the original post overrode "Please note, these are not Ryzen pre-orders." Honest question.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • My prod servers migrated with data... No big problem :-) ... Thanks @VirMach ( LA and NYC )

• msattmsatt Member

@skorous
    As I mentioned to @FrankZ there are different interpretations.

When I read

But wait, there's a catch. Unfortunately, we can't keep you there forever. These servers used for this special are set to expire over the next few months

I also totally appreciate that there was no guarantee.
    However my point is still - I have paid for a server (which has worked until the forced migration) and now received another bill for it. The current server is broken and now I find that a 3rd server has just gone offline.

I have been and still hope to be a loyal customer (I bought another server recently) but I will repeat

Great value, great service, great server - NOT.

• @msatt said: @FrankZ - I appreciate your comment and understand your interpretation. We could both quote different parts of the original post to confirm our points.

No disrespect, but you should go ahead and quote parts of the original post that supports your claim.

• rafanakerafanake Member
    edited July 2022

At this point the only thing i want is to get my database and get the hell out as soon as possible,

Cant ping, connect or VNC, already tried to boot, reboot and reconfigure network button...
    Theres an API credential this is the only thing i havent tried yet because i couldnt find a tutorial in their site, how do i use it? Can someone point me a link?

Beside that, is it possible for me to recover the data or i will need to wait for their good will and answer my ticket?

This discussion has been closed.