Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 276
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• dirtminerdirtminer Member
    edited July 2022

I wonder if this VM isn't particularly compatible with Ryzen post migration -
    Anyone else seen this error on the Frankfurt machines?

Thanked by 1rafanake
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

@rafanake said:

At this point the only thing i want is to get my database and get the hell out as soon as possible,

Cant ping, connect or VNC, already tried to boot, reboot and reconfigure network button...
    Theres an API credential this is the only thing i havent tried yet because i couldnt find a tutorial in their site, how do i use it? Can someone point me a link?

Beside that, is it possible for me to recover the data or i will need to wait for their good will and answer my ticket?

You had an old ISO mounted. Any time there's maintenance or an outage, you're encouraged to visit the network status page as we'll leave relevant information there.

We understand not everyone will do that though and someone is already tasked with going through these and doing that. It looks like they haven't gotten to NYCM51 yet for that task of unmounting ISO. I've gone ahead and unmounted it for you so you can get your database as soon as possible.

Note: you might still have to click the "reconfigure" button.

• Seems like I only got the "you're ready to migrate" and then a week later, my VPS got migrated automatically.

Missed out on changing location which kinda sucks (have too many services in LA), but one "reconfigure networking" press later, back up and running.

• grittygritty Member

LAXA004S storage node seems offline again, shows "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" @VirMach

• @msatt said:
    @skorous
    As I mentioned to @FrankZ there are different interpretations.

I think we'll have to disagree on this and that's cool.

However my point is still - I have paid for a server (which has worked until the forced migration) and now received another bill for it.

That's usually how it works. You pay for a server, it works, and then you receive another bill for it. ;-)

• xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited July 2022

@skorous said: You pay for a server, it works, and then you receive another bill for it. ;-)

In order to continue using it.

Edit to include full sentence

• monk29monk29 Member

My vps in San Jose got IP changed without notification. :/

• cc1114cc1114 Member

@VirMach
    My plan original is two IPs,There is only one IP now,please fix it.
    View Ticket #866240

• netrixnetrix Member

is there any way to transfer files if the only access is through vnc?

• rafanakerafanake Member
    edited July 2022

@netrix said:

Good question, i was able to access via VNC but network seems offline, i can ping to server and cant even ping from server to outside world, i need to upload my db file to somewhere else but i simply cant do it right now. Completely stuck here

Reconfigure network button is not working, from service details page or vps control panel

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@netrix @rafanake if you can access via VNC you can probably get the network working.
    Please post or PM the output from
    ip route show - Just post the default route
    and
    ip addr show -Just post the IPv4s

Thanked by 1rafanake
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@netrix said:

Yes, it's always possible to exfiltrate data over VNC:

1. Encode files as base64 text or QR code.
    2. Display over VNC.
    3. Scan base64 text or QR code into another computer.
    Thanked by 2brueggus FrankZ
  • rafanakerafanake Member
    edited July 2022

@FrankZ said:
    @netrix @rafanake if you can access via VNC you can probably get the network working.
    Please post or PM the output from
    ip route show - Just post the default route
    and
    ip addr show -Just post the IPv4s

ip route show, displays nothing

• foitinfoitin Member

Your interface is down. Bring ens3 up first. :(

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • netrixnetrix Member

@yoursunny said:

@netrix said:

Yes, it's always possible to exfiltrate data over VNC:

1. Encode files as base64 text or QR code.
    2. Display over VNC.
    3. Scan base64 text or QR code into another computer.

but it only work if the file size is small.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited July 2022

I am guessing I am not the only one seeing this error for the last week or so? Not even sure which server I am on to be able to check the outage notifications.
    Error

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

foitin said: Your interface is down. Bring ens3 up first. :(

@rafanake to start networking ...
    systemctl restart networking

if networking does not come up post
    cat /etc/network/interfaces

if network does come up but still does not work post the previous ip commands again.

Thanked by 1rafanake
  • After the LA migration and network reconfig, my VPS worked fine for a day, then it is not accessible for 4 days now. No engineer is assigned to my tickets. #759895, #211973

• tuctuc Member

@rafanake said:

@netrix said:

Good question, i was able to access via VNC but network seems offline, i can ping to server and cant even ping from server to outside world, i need to upload my db file to somewhere else but i simply cant do it right now. Completely stuck here

Reconfigure network button is not working, from service details page or vps control panel

I had the same problem, manually fixing /etc/network/interfaces, then got 5 VPS's back online and working well now.

Thanked by 2rafanake FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@tuc are you running debian ?
    I am beginning to wonder if reconfigure networking is resetting ens3 interfaces to eth0 and breaking migrated debian and other installs that were not previously using eth0 as the network interface.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanked by 1rafanake
  • Got it working by replacing eth0 to ens3 on /etc/network/interfaces
    Thanks all, you guys rocks

• tuctuc Member

@FrankZ said:
    @tuc are you running debian ?
    I am beginning to wonder if reconfigure networking is resetting ens3 interfaces to eth0 and breaking migrated debian and other installs that were not previously using eth0 as the network interface.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Yes. I am on Debian. No need to reset ens3, but using static settings and make sure having correct gateway and subnetmask. I set up my VPS's using Debian ISO, choosing manual setting at network config step.

• foitinfoitin Member

Unfortunately most providers still use the obsolete eth0 naming :/

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

In the template for AlmaLinux8 the network interface is eth0, when I install from ISO it is not. So @tuc I am wondering since you installed from Debian ISO if you do a reconfigure networking will it change your ens3 interface to eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces and break your networking ?

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but I am curious.

• tuctuc Member

@FrankZ said:
    In the template for AlmaLinux8 the network interface is eth0, when I install from ISO it is not. So @tuc I am wondering since you installed from Debian ISO if you do a reconfigure networking will it change your ens3 interface to eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces and break your networking ?

As I tried "reconfigure networking", it changes ens3 to eth0, and also making wrong settings on gateway ip and subnet mask.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • netrixnetrix Member
    edited July 2022

@tuc said:

@FrankZ said:

As I tried "reconfigure networking", it changes ens3 to eth0, and also making wrong settings on gateway ip and subnet mask.

how do you find out your default gateway? is it from SolusVM IP and replacing last octet to 1?

for example:

VPS IP: 149.123.123.123 and then the default gateway is always 149.123.123.1?

EDIT: SUDDENLY MY VPS (LAXA015) COME BACK ONLINE (without changing interface settings)

• tuctuc Member

@netrix said:
    for example:

VPS IP: 149.123.123.123 and then the default gateway is always 149.123.123.1?

Not really. That depends on VPS's IP and its subnet. You have the VPS's IP in hand, using iso setup then the system may help with gateway as long as you provide the subnet. I alway try using the maximum mask first :). A correct setting will make the installation moving forward smoothly, else please back and try other settings :)

Thanked by 1netrix
  • SJCZ008
    what a bad experience
    Unavailable after migration
    I got a new IP
    But by accessing it, is an nginx default page
    it can't get in touch with me
    My status is always offline

VNC is also unable to connect. Please help me fix it #214018

yes i tried to reconfigure the network
    and reinstalled IOS. It didn't do anything

• @VirMach, what's the plan regarding Frankfurt I/O problems? Is all data lost if there's the dreaded "could not read the boot disk" error message?…

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Degelta said: @VirMach, what's the plan regarding Frankfurt I/O problems? Is all data lost if there's the dreaded "could not read the boot disk" error message?…

From my experience, not very likely. This is normally not a problem with the disks on the node, it is more likely a bios, SolusVM, or LVM issue.

Thanked by 1Rosyor
This discussion has been closed.