Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 273
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• tuctuc Member
    edited July 2022

Now I know the reason they changed their logo and website template

Thanked by 1ishrak
  • poljikpoljik Member

@Degelta said:
    FFME006

> Booting from Hard Disk…
    > Boot failed: could not read the boot disk

At least 12 hours already…

I have the same on FFME006. Ticket not answered. 2 days without result.

• alvinalvin Member

@Degelta said:
    FFME006

> Booting from Hard Disk…
    > Boot failed: could not read the boot disk

At least 12 hours already…

same, and the VPS won't start anymore, it's always in off state. :(
    The previous node has not been restored for many weeks, and now a new node has collapsed...maybe more ,and more. This situation is not ideal, and there is no compensation plan. It maybe only be restored when it expires, or it may have been forgotten.

• karjajkarjaj Member

@sangatsetia said:
    it turns out that Ryzen is getting more and more troublesome. maybe long-term problem and it seems that it will always repeat itself. I don't know what solution they will take.
    I hope there is a non-Ryzen VPS (like before in ColoCrossing) to be a temporary solution or permanently, and the user can choose it from the member area menu. even though the downgrade machine from Ryzen, at least the VPS can still be used by the user temporarily or permanently.
    i can't imagine many successfully migrating to ryzen @VirMach , hoping it will be better, instead problems arise and irk them for a long time.
    as info from my 3 Ryzen VPS only 1 currently can still be used. everything else is just a description of "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" and VPS Offline

@Lurkrazy said:

@VirMach My VPS on LAXA024 is offline and the control panel is offline too, should I just wait, or do I have to open a ticket? :)

My idling VPS @TYOC038 seems to be about stable.
    Also DENZ001 idling VPS is ok.
    AMSD025 and AMSD026, not bad unstable.
    FFME001 is very bad, last reboot 58mins ago, "Device rebooted after 18 hours 38 minutes 39 seconds"

• MiFen629MiFen629 Member
    edited July 2022

After a while, it seems to have recovered...

edited July 2022

• poljikpoljik Member

@MiFen629 said:

no, FFME006 still not working:

Booting from Hard Disk…
    Boot failed: could not read the boot disk

edited July 2022

@poljik said:

@MiFen629 said:

Booting from Hard Disk…

Well I was wrong, FFME004 still doesn't work, submitted priority support please handle. I don't want to be charged twice for downtime caused by migration. @VirMach #903519

• @poljik said:

@MiFen629 said:

Booting from Hard Disk…

FFME006 still offline for now

• Im assuming most people have VM's from BF sales here and with alot of those servers they have a clause of $15 for a support ticket. So if you migrate and your VM is just FUBAR your SOL? Tapping out at this point and not gonna renew this shitshow.

From NY to Oblivion and beyond

• titustitus Member
    edited July 2022

They started to migrate the following New York nodes:

(My VM affected on node: NY10GKVM95 - good bye XXX.3.33.3 IP address :( )
    The NY10GKVM96 node not on the list (interesting for me)

edited July 2022

:| I am very sad, the migrated node is still unavailable.

• hk5354hk5354 Member

@VirMach said:
    So regarding port blocks, based on current feedback.

• Existing customers should be exempt or have easily accessible self serve buttons to toggle the ports.
    • If we do decide to block by default, we'll send out an announcement email and 7 day notice, and describe how to use the above feature.
    • No additional fee for existing customers.

With that out of the way, any further feedback?

@gritty said:
    the terrible network of LAXA019. this node of network are only two normal days a month

Same as my one on "LAXA018" and my IP also starts from 149.

• @carcosa said:
    Im assuming most people have VM's from BF sales here and with alot of those servers they have a clause of $15 for a support ticket. So if you migrate and your VM is just FUBAR your you're SOL? Tapping out at this point and not gonna renew this shitshow.

You might consider reading up on that. It details when that $15 clause actually applies. It's apparent that it's not what you think.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • vpsshvpssh Member

@titus said:
    They started to migrate the following New York nodes:

@VirMach are not willing to fix the disks of FFME000, even if they have spare time to start another batch of migration :smiley:

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@VirMach any chance you can just fix or at least update us on the Ryzen servers that are currently down (I.e. Frankfurt) rather than accumulating more problems by starting more mandatory migrations to Ryzen?

• Do you even virmach bro?
    There is a box to check to accept the below agreement before even submitting a ticket.

By checking this box you agree to be billed $15 unless you have priority support for your product, there is an immediate outage not described on the network status page, there is a time-sensitive issue that may otherwise result in suspension or termination of your service, or you have been incorrectly suspended.

From the service configurable options tab

Install Later -- Please wait 1-2 hours

Limited Support
    I understand that I waive my right to a refund for this special offer. I understand I will not receive a refund if my service is suspended. I understand special offers come with limited support: VirMach will only provide support to ensure my service functions. I understand once I add this product and an invoice is generated, I am under contractual obligation to make the payment. I agree to immediately be billed $15 per 15 minutes for any support requests opened that is not part of my level of support.

They posted outages for mostly ryzen migrations and i have no priority support so pretty sure i'm not reading it wrong.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

Just my opinion, but I would expect that the "more migrations" is due to old DC expiration dates on the old rented equipment. Therefore asking VirMach to stop migrations to fix broken Ryzen nodes is probably not going to happen.
    Also I would expect that the person fixing Ryzen nodes and the person overseeing the migration of old nodes are not one in the same. So VirMach can probably walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

TL;DR - At this point it is probably a case of needing to get out of CC ASAP, and sorting the rest out afterward.

• msattmsatt Member

@VirMach really is a mess :'(
    2 VMs compulsory moved from AMS to FFME - No choice for staying in AMS
    Invoiced for a migration special - I will be lucky to have a working Ryzen for a week.
    VM moved to FFME was working and now fails with a disk boot failure - If I had been left on old host it would still be working.
    Network status page is not reflecting the problem (FFME006) even after 24 hours and no updates posted here.
    I do not want to renew either VMs as I feel they were originally sold with the strong expectation that Ryzen would be available within 3 months - now 11.5 months and yes they are available and are broken.
    How can I or anyone else TRUST this company.
    I know they are working hard but other companies are offerring Ryzen and I am not aware of them having all of these problems.
    I am genuinely sorry to leave this post - but others need to know what a mess this really is.

Thanked by 2ishrak karjaj
  • @carcosa said: They posted outages for mostly ryzen migrations and i have no priority support so pretty sure i'm not reading it wrong.

It's probably for the best that you cancel then.

Thanked by 2FrankZ DanSummer
  • drizbodrizbo Member

So disappointing honestly. I have cca 4 servers with them in use and their uptime was really amazing. 100% or couple minutes down in a year resulting in 99.99+%

Now I'm moving everything elsewhere because I cannot trust them or my VMs with all these migration issues, my recently migrated GER vps goes down all the time and only thing I get from Virmach is the alert that it will expire in 5 days... So im supposed to pay for a server that doesnt even work to a company with no support at all. I can pay the invoice and have no idea if server will be usable this week, this month, 2 months from now or never. And only info anyone has is from a 3rd party forum, LET.

Saved couple bucks but getting headache because of it, never worth it. I was happy with my old slow xeons.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • drizbodrizbo Member

Even yabs alone kills my VPS, it just shuts itself down on HDD test.

• nikozinnikozin Member
    edited July 2022

Had a production app running on FFME AMS node.

Looks like we're stuck. VPS shows offline, unbootable

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Just throwing this out here...
    If any of you people that are abandoning VirMach have any of those really great BF deals, PM me and maybe I will give you a few $$ to transfer it to me, so it will not be a total loss for you. :smile:

Thanked by 2skorous mrTom
  • swat4swat4 Member

@FrankZ said:
    If any of you people that are abandoning VirMach have any of those really great BF deals, PM me and maybe I will give you a few $$ to transfer it to me, so it will not be a total loss for you. :smile:

maybe @miu has some for you? :D

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FrankZ said:

Transfer ticket takes so long that the relevant service has expired.
    Transfer ticket gets merged with other tickets.

Thanked by 2bruh21 foitin
  • @FrankZ said:

Count me in! :)

• titustitus Member

I have now a good experience :)
    My VM is looks like available (migrated) from NY10GKVM95 to NYCM103 node. I just checked it randomly, because the network status post not updated yet. The VM was offline, but I was able to start it on the SolusVM panel. The VPS was not reachable on the internet (VNC access worked), so after a simple 'Network Reconfigure' button (SolusVM too) everything is fine. I got a DediPath IP from USA/NY, so it's fine too.

• anyone managed to make windows image on solusvm reinstall page work?

• DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited July 2022

@titus said:
    I have now a good experience :)
    My VM is looks like available (migrated) from NY10GKVM95 to NYCM103 node. I just checked it randomly, because the network status post not updated yet. The VM was offline, but I was able to start it on the SolusVM panel. The VPS was not reachable on the internet (VNC access worked), so after a simple 'Network Reconfigure' button (SolusVM too) everything is fine. I got a DediPath IP from USA/NY, so it's fine too.

We're on the same node. Here's what I have for $13/yr

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri 01 Jul 2022 08:00:23 PM BST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 40 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3799.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.7 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 34.2 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-121-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 393.09 MB/s  (98.2k) | 1.31 GB/s    (20.5k)
    Write      | 394.12 MB/s  (98.5k) | 1.32 GB/s    (20.6k)
    Total      | 787.21 MB/s (196.8k) | 2.63 GB/s    (41.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.01 GB/s     (3.9k) | 2.64 GB/s     (2.5k)
    Write      | 2.11 GB/s     (4.1k) | 2.82 GB/s     (2.7k)
    Total      | 4.12 GB/s     (8.0k) | 5.46 GB/s     (5.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 848 Mbits/sec   | 446 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 878 Mbits/sec   | 321 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 847 Mbits/sec   | 800 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 797 Mbits/sec   | 274 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 940 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 618 Mbits/sec   | 117 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 894 Mbits/sec   | 446 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1106
    Multi Core      | 2108
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15769539

Thanked by 2titus FrankZ
This discussion has been closed.