Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 270
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Jones said:
    @VirMach

Can you arrange the migration???

Ticket # 571560

The last time I replied to my message was 25 days ago, and now the product has not successfully completed the migration (paid migration >30 days), and now it seems that the VPS is offline, which is really terrible

According to your ticket tips, 25 days have passed since the payment is completed

Your next due date will be adjusted in your case. If it's not, after it's fixed, for example if we forgot to extend it, you can always ask for an extension afterward and I don't believe we've ever said no. We try our best to make sure we adjust due dates automatically though so you don't have to contact us a second time.

I don't know your exact situation but at this point asking here will not help, we have a large backlog of tickets again unfortunately. Yours should have been handled by now but it looks like it was missed.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Mumbly said:

@VirMach said:

@Mumbly can you confirm if the issue only appeared after the migration IP was added? It worked previously, as in before around 2 days ago? I did mention Amsterdam was getting reports of weird connectivity issues and hence why we decided to migrate it sooner. I'm wondering if that could be the potential issue for your virtual server.

No, new IPs caused this.

Here is your answer:

@drizbo said:
    I never touched the migration button, didnt get any email with date or anything. Yet my AMS is down for 2 hours even tho its showing "online" in the panel.

@padap said: Looks like they added the new IP to all VMs before migrating. Default route is through the new IP and thus isn't working.

@msatt said:
    Did manual configuration of /etc/network/interfaces as Fix internet / Reconfigure network sets everything to main IP (which does not have internet connectivity).

So unless we remove new IPs and replace them with the old ones our crap isn't reachable.

We've done a lot of migrations in the past, and it's never had that effect. I'll have to look into the process more and see if SolusVM does reconfigurations differently now and double check and make sure everything was completed properly since I wasn't the one handling it, so I'll communicate and try to get back to you on what happened.

In any case though you should be able to change back the configuration within your VM since this is a KVM VPS. For future migrations I'll try to incorporate this message into the announcements so people are aware of how the process works and where it may cause issues with connectivity. Keep in mind though if you do manual configuration for networking, after the migration you may have to reconfigure it to work with the new IP address.

• zc035zc035 Member

@VirMach
    Ticket #754459 (two week ago)
    can you help me?
    thanks !

• cambbcambb Member

Im on FFME002 and happy to wait until you can get around to resolving the issue. If you could just update this thread so i can then restart mine. Ive had servers for 5 years from Virmach and theyve all been brilliant.

Thanked by 1anthonyc
  • kendidkendid Veteran

@kheng86 said:
    For anyone on AMS nodes:

Affecting System - AMSKVM9, AMSKVM8, AMSKVM7, AMSKVM6, AMSKVM5, AMSKVM4, AMSKVM3

06/26/2022 21:32 Last Updated 06/26/2022 21:37
    Dear VirMach Customers,

Server migrations for Amsterdam to Frankfurt are currently in progress. We are starting with network re-configurations for your new IP addresses.

Thanks, i never got this notification

• drizbodrizbo Member

Imagine being virmach customer if you are not on LET :D

• @drizbo said:
    Imagine being virmach customer if you are not on LET :D

do you know how many new members joined because of Virmach? he should be offered free provider tag.

• drizbodrizbo Member

Did they come here for support? Because virmach itself doesn't have any.

• JonesJones Barred
    edited June 2022

@VirMach said:

@Jones said:
    @VirMach

Can you arrange the migration???

Ticket # 571560

The last time I replied to my message was 25 days ago, and now the product has not successfully completed the migration (paid migration >30 days), and now it seems that the VPS is offline, which is really terrible

According to your ticket tips, 25 days have passed since the payment is completed

Your next due date will be adjusted in your case. If it's not, after it's fixed, for example if we forgot to extend it, you can always ask for an extension afterward and I don't believe we've ever said no. We try our best to make sure we adjust due dates automatically though so you don't have to contact us a second time.

I don't know your exact situation but at this point asking here will not help, we have a large backlog of tickets again unfortunately. Yours should have been handled by now but it looks like it was missed.

So nothing can be done for me? Cannot migrate now? (paid JP migration lasts more than 30 days) similarly, no one is dealing with offline VPS? Just tell your customers to wait?
    Since it was impossible to move at that time, why remind me to pay the relocation fee as soon as possible? I don't understand!

• coldcold Member

@drizbo said:

they have support, but answer only 1 ticket every week =))

Thanked by 2karjaj ariq01
  • FFME005 anyone else have non bootable vm? I'm assuming all frankenstein is having issues still.

• drizbodrizbo Member

I heard it will be fixed on Monday™

• @drizbo said:

Not exactly, hardly any support neither at LET.

• alvinalvin Member
    edited June 2022

@Murata_Chink_Best said:
    Any hint about this years BF flash sales?

Another fine day until Friday

Virmach Staff Summer Event: Triathlon (Maintenance , Replacement and Server Migration)
    Spectators: LET member, Users, MJJ
    :#

• titustitus Member
    edited June 2022

@msatt said: Amsterdam 6 and 8 ARE up.

My VM on AMSKVM3 node went offline 12 hours ago, "The node is currently locked"
    Not received email notification about the affected / nearby migration :(

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

@titus said:

@msatt said: Amsterdam 6 and 8 ARE up.

My VM on AMSKVM3 node went offline 12 hours ago, "The node is currently locked"
    Not received email notification about the affected / nearby migration :(

12 hours ago? Are you sure about that? AMSKVM9 network died yesterday (approx 28 hours ago) when they assigned IPs from a new location.
    It's also locked now so there's hope that stuff will be actually migrated finally.

• titustitus Member

@Mumbly said: 12 hours ago? Are you sure about that? AMSKVM9 network died yesterday (approx 28 hours ago) when they assigned IPs from a new location.

Yes, because my eggdrop from this VPS disconnected (with "Ping timeout") 12 hours ago from the network (I checked it in my logs). But good to know, they assigned a new IP for this. Sadly I can't see mine because the panel say now 'it locked' only.

• @carcosa said:
    FFME005 anyone else have non bootable vm? I'm assuming all frankenstein is having issues still.

It's back

• @VirMach

Your biggest mistake was not having several kids for free labour in the family business.

• @TimboJones said:
    @VirMach

Your biggest mistake was not having several kids for free labour in the family business.

not having kids is not a mistake ;)

• @ezeth said:
    No way. Not until if I get a scaling solution for IPv4. I need Virtfusion to support NAT first.

My Boomer VPS (VPSID: 84) has been offline several months.
    There's no re-install option in panel: admin.boomer.host:4083
    Would you please fix or just delete it.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • coldcold Member

@lowendclient said:

@ezeth said:
    No way. Not until if I get a scaling solution for IPv4. I need Virtfusion to support NAT first.

My Boomer VPS (VPSID: 84) has been offline several months.
    There's no re-install option in panel: admin.boomer.host:4083
    Would you please fix or just delete it.

wrong room ? or wrong cunt ??

• msattmsatt Member

AMSKVM8 is giving Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received and server is offline - so looks like migration is taking place....

AMSKVM6 is working (using the additional IP 172.245.52.x) but still on CPU E5-2687W so NOT migrated.

• AMSKVM6 --> FFME006
    Intel Xeon E312xx --> AMD EPYC - Milan Processor

Online using new IP 149.57.165.xxx

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Before:
    Single Core | 595
    Multi Core | 1690
    After:
    Single Core | 1411
    Multi Core | 3583

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2022

@Jones said: So nothing can be done for me? Cannot migrate now? (paid JP migration lasts more than 30 days) similarly, no one is dealing with offline VPS? Just tell your customers to wait?
    Since it was impossible to move at that time, why remind me to pay the relocation fee as soon as possible? I don't understand!

Why are you constantly complaining? Contrary to popular belief, complaining on LET does not make your support tickets get processed faster. Also, you were warned not to migrate unless you are okay with the migration getting stuck.

@VirMach said:

@Jones said:

@VirMach said:

@Blast said:
    I applied to move to Tokyo, Japan, but you haven't done it for a long time, so I applied for a $3 refund, but you refused, I want to know why? Ticket ID #935959 and Ticket ID #912342

Close all your current tickets, you, as in just you, @Blast and make one requesting the refunds and I'll process it.

Can you handle my ticket# 298249
    about JP -- because the option of paid migration is blank, I can't see any VPS location, but do you allow me to manually complete the migration after paying the invoice (bill \1439344)? Looking forward to your reply

If it's blank, don't submit it unless you want it to get stuck for at least some time.

So you were told trying to migrate would get stuck, it indeed gets stuck and now you're unhappy?

Thanked by 2FrankZ skorous
  • Message from syslogd@dev at Jun 29 17:46:09 ...
    kernel:[64655.773128] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 21s! [kworker/u4:2:36367]

i have lots of these messages on my LA vps.
    anyone had these?

• fanfan Veteran

@bustersg said: Message from syslogd@dev at Jun 29 17:46:09 ...

kernel:[64655.773128] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 21s! [kworker/u4:2:36367]

i have lots of these messages on my LA vps.

anyone had these?

Having these recently on the old Xeon one in LA.

• ya mine is old xeno LA. about 10 hours still no reply to ticket. T.T

• JonesJones Barred
    edited June 2022

@NoComment said:

@Jones said: So nothing can be done for me? Cannot migrate now? (paid JP migration lasts more than 30 days) similarly, no one is dealing with offline VPS? Just tell your customers to wait?

Why are you constantly complaining? Contrary to popular belief, complaining on LET does not make your support tickets get processed faster. Also, you were warned not to migrate unless you are okay with the migration getting stuck.

According to your experience, how can you improve the speed of support tickets?
    If I reply to the ticket, it will be automatically sorted to the end.Endless waiting~
    If I do not participate in the reply ticket, I have been waiting for them to handle and reply, but in fact, no one is responsible for handling it after 30 days.

@VirMach said:

@Jones said:

@VirMach said:

@Blast said:
    I applied to move to Tokyo, Japan, but you haven't done it for a long time, so I applied for a $3 refund, but you refused, I want to know why? Ticket ID #935959 and Ticket ID #912342

Close all your current tickets, you, as in just you, @Blast and make one requesting the refunds and I'll process it.

Can you handle my ticket# 298249
    about JP -- because the option of paid migration is blank, I can't see any VPS location, but do you allow me to manually complete the migration after paying the invoice (bill \1439344)? Looking forward to your reply

If it's blank, don't submit it unless you want it to get stuck for at least some time.

So you were told trying to migrate would get stuck, it indeed gets stuck and now you're unhappy?

As you said, they won't solve any substantive problems of customers here, but I also submitted a support ticket on their website. They didn't tell me anything about the endless waiting after the payment! In fact, it doesn't matter to wait, but please don't take the existing old VPS offline ~ the situation is terrible now. The merchant neither arranges for migration nor repairs the offline VPS. Similarly, I don't know what qualifications you have to jump out and say this here Because it didn't happen to you??

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Jones said:
    According to your experience, how can you improve the speed of support tickets?
    If I reply to the ticket, it will be automatically sorted to the end.Endless waiting~
    If I do not participate in the reply ticket, I have been waiting for them to handle and reply, but in fact, no one is responsible for handling it after 30 days.

Every time you feel anxious about a support ticket, do 65 push-ups in front of WHMCS but don't reply to the ticket.
    There's hidden code in WHMCS that doing push-ups would speed up tickets.
    If it's still not fast enough, do more push-ups.

This discussion has been closed.