Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 268
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited June 2022

@JabJab said:
    I am confused why people from Amsterdam are getting migrated to Frankfurt rather than Amsterdam (?). I guess no capacity in new AMS?

I think it's because VirMach originally planned for Psychz location in AMS (Ryzen), then the horrible Psychz "incident" happened and Virmach want to leave Psychz ASAP, also xTom took AMS. Virmach then asked something (I think, couldn't recall) and people said they are fine with migrating to Frankfurt so that's why it's moving to Frankfurt?

P.S. This is a vague recollection, feel free to point out or correct anything if I'm wrong.

• TYOC027 and SJKVM8 is offline. @VirMach

• henixhenix Member

Any frankfurt nodes online?

• mrTommrTom Member

@henix said: Any frankfurt nodes online?

not mine (001)... :'(

• cambbcambb Member

Nope mines down as well

• karjajkarjaj Member

2 VPS down @FFME001 3 days 12 hours now, "no bootable device" :/

• drizbodrizbo Member

I never touched the migration button, didnt get any email with date or anything. Yet my AMS is down for 2 hours even tho its showing "online" in the panel.

• alvinalvin Member

Node SJCZ004 has been down for several weeks, when will it be fixed? If it cannot be repaired, can it be relocated to other areas for free?

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@alvin said:
    Node SJCZ004 has been down for several weeks, when will it be fixed? If it cannot be repaired, can it be relocated to other areas for free?

It's been marked as resolved 1 week ago

• drizbodrizbo Member

So yeah... My VM doesnt have working networking and their "fix networking" of course doesn't work. Classic Virmach.

As everyone knows they dont have support either so I can just delete the VM and forget about it.

@ezeth any refugee offers from Boomer?

• jcolidelesjcolideles Member
    edited June 2022

@henix said:
    Any frankfurt nodes online?

FFME004 is online. I went from FFME002 to FFME001 then FFME004. Hopefully this node will stay stable. 😅

• @drizbo said.

As everyone knows they dont have support either so I can just delete the VM and forget about it.

Have you looked in the UI to see if your machine was migrated? A new IP would have been assigned. If so, have you configured your machine to use it?

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited June 2022

@skorous said: Have you looked in the UI to see if your machine was migrated? A new IP would have been assigned. If so, have you configured your machine to use it?

Yes, got 2nd IP, but networking doesnt work at all. I can connect via VNC but my VM has no network or internet.
    I tried their suggestions to fix network but it always fails, I tried both in their main panel and solus, one of them reports error being incompatible OS. Which is their debian 9.

So now I can get PHD in networking and try to fix their shit through VNC?

• jcolidelesjcolideles Member
    edited June 2022

@drizbo said:

@skorous said: Have you looked in the UI to see if your machine was migrated? A new IP would have been assigned. If so, have you configured your machine to use it?

Yes, got 2nd IP, but networking doesnt work at all. I can connect via VNC but my VM has no network or internet.
    I tried their suggestions to fix network but it always fails, I tried both in their main panel and solus, one of them reports error being incompatible OS. Which is their debian 9.

So now I can get PHD in networking and try to fix their shit through VNC?

Is your ip on your vm has been updated when you check it via VNC ? You can easily update ip and gateway on /etc/network/interfaces.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 2022

I don't think basic network configuration needs a PhD, it's mostly copy-paste from random website a this point and adjusting numbers to those shown in SolusVM.

Also there is no Debian 9 in images marked as Ryzen compatible so I have no idea what you are running there.

Thanked by 1jcolideles
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited June 2022

@jcolideles said: Is your ip on your vm has been updated when you check it via VNC ? You can easily update ip and gateway on /etc/network/interfaces.

It seems ok, matches solus reported IPs as well

@JabJab said: I don't think basic network configuration needs a PhD, it's mostly copy-paste from random website a this point and adjusting numbers to those shown in SolusVM. Also there is no Debian 9 in images marked as Ryzen compatible so I have no idea what you are running there.

When I installed it ryzen didnt exist yet at virmach and that was their latest template. I updated it to debian 11 since, but its reported wrong in panel I can see now.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

Seems like they migrated my AMSKVM9 somewhere or at least there's new IP (I haven't got any mail about that so I am only guessing about migration because of new IP). I noticed this because of downtime. Just great...
    Control panel still says: Node Name AMSKVM9

I just need to figure it out now how to put it back online. It seems like network interface isn't proper one.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@Mumbly said: (I haven't got any mail about that)

Try checking tickets - migrations opens a ticket for you (and by you) with new info, so lack of e-mail. And this new panel does not really show those new ticket notification well.

https://billing.virmach.com/supporttickets.php

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

Thank you, but nah, nothing here. I am not even sure if there's migration at all. Node name is still old AMSKVM9. All what I see is new IP and my vps network down.

• drizbodrizbo Member

@JabJab said: Try checking tickets - migrations opens a ticket for you (and by you) with new info, so lack of e-mail. And this new panel does not really show those new ticket notification well.

https://billing.virmach.com/supporttickets.php

I got no email and no ticket either, just checked tickets now. Just woke up to my db cluster missing a node :D Cociu style

• padappadap Member

Looks like they added the new IP to all VMs before migrating. Default route is through the new IP and thus isn't working. Old IP gateway is answering to ping and /proc/cpuinfo reports Xeon CPU, so migration hasn't started yet.
    Atleast not on AMSKVM8.

Thanked by 2Mumbly FrankZ
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@padap said:
    Looks like they added the new IP to all VMs before migrating. Default route is through the new IP and thus isn't working. Old IP gateway is answering to ping and /proc/cpuinfo reports Xeon CPU, so migration hasn't started yet.
    Atleast not on AMSKVM8.

This is it.
    The same for AMSKVM9

• alvinalvin Member

@Jake4 said:

@alvin said:

It's been marked as resolved 1 week ago

It is a pity that the vps still does not respond, and looking at the content of the event that has been resolved does not indicate that the repair is complete....
    Even there is no more update in the relevant ticket.

• A few weeks ago I received an email announcing the free migration to the new Ryzen servers, I did it, about 6 days ago I received another email announcing the free migration, I did not do it and since then it is OFF, I hope it will be solved, greetings :p

• MumblyMumbly Member

Anyone from "AMSKVM9, AMSKVM8, AMSKVM7, AMSKVM6, AMSKVM5, AMSKVM4, AMSKVM3" online?

• henixhenix Member

this must be the worst provider ever in term of uptime

• pwnedpwned Member

@Mumbly said:
    Anyone from "AMSKVM9, AMSKVM8, AMSKVM7, AMSKVM6, AMSKVM5, AMSKVM4, AMSKVM3" online?

I've got one in AMSKVM3. It's bounced a couple of times today, but it's up now. Earlier the panel was showing both the current and a (new?) IP address. Now the panel is timing out. Uptime was about 353 days until a reboot a few days ago.

I've got another in Dallas, but it's only been up for 602 days.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • drizbodrizbo Member

@Mumbly said: Anyone from "AMSKVM9, AMSKVM8, AMSKVM7, AMSKVM6, AMSKVM5, AMSKVM4, AMSKVM3" online?

Yeah my ams4 is up, but with old IP and I needed to remove the new one from /etc/network/interfaces

• drizbodrizbo Member

@henix said: this must be the worst provider ever in term of uptime

Well my AMS VM had 100% uptime for exactly 1 year until now.
    But yeah, cant take them seriously

• mrTommrTom Member

@henix said:
    this must be the worst provider ever in term of uptime

In general they are pretty good. The new ryzen hardware seems to be a nightmare, but on the other hand 3 out of 4 of my ryzens idle steadily for weeks now. Nr 4 can't boot....

Thanked by 2karjaj FrankZ
This discussion has been closed.