Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 271
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• netrixnetrix Member

@bustersg said:
    Message from syslogd@dev at Jun 29 17:46:09 ...
    kernel:[64655.773128] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 21s! [kworker/u4:2:36367]

i have lots of these messages on my LA vps.
    anyone had these?

LA10GKVM21 yes but LAKVM25 no. both still on xeon node

• @Jones said: Similarly, I don't know what qualifications you have to jump out and say this here Because it didn't happen to you??

I have no qualifications. But virmach told you this

If it's blank, don't submit it unless you want it to get stuck for at least some time.

You submitted a migration request, which means you wanted it to get stuck for some time. And it did get stuck. So I don't understand why you are unhappy, when things happened as expected.

• JonesJones Member
    edited June 2022

@NoComment said:

@Jones said: Similarly, I don't know what qualifications you have to jump out and say this here Because it didn't happen to you??

I have no qualifications. But virmach told you this

If it's blank, don't submit it unless you want it to get stuck for at least some time.

You submitted a migration request, which means you wanted it to get stuck for some time. And it did get stuck. So I don't understand why you are unhappy, when things happened as expected.

They just told me through the ticket that they would migrate for me after paying. Can't the screenshot prove the truth? (if I knew at the beginning that I would face endless waiting after paying the money, would I choose to continue?)

I expressed what I saw. Before I paid, there was no content on their support ticket indicating that paid migration is equal to blank space and endless waiting

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • msattmsatt Member
    edited June 2022

AMSKVM8 forced migration to FFME002 - Did not boot and needed manual fsck which fixed 3 problems.
    Yabs looks much better

AMSKVM8 Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Single Core | 486
    Multi Core | 475

FFME002 Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Single Core | 1292
    Multi Core | 1282

(edit) - To avoid confusion this was a migration specal.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited June 2022

@msatt said: AMSKVM8 forced migration to FFME002

Why did they even move services from AMS to FRA? I had already Ryzen-migrated two of my servers from CC AMS to Ryzen AMS but kept the database server for now.

Now I ended up with a database server in FRA and two application servers in AMS which is far from ideal latency-wise. :/

• msattmsatt Member
    edited June 2022

@brueggus said: Now I ended up with a database server in FRA and two application servers in AMS which is far from ideal latency-wise.

Ryzen migrate always failed (try again tomorrow) for both of my servers so I just left them for Virmach to migrate. To be fair AMS > FFM was with data so saved me quite a bit of work.

At the moment I am same as you, have another migration special on AMSKVM6. I hope this will also move to Frankfurt !!!!

As far as choice - I was not asked if I wanted to be moved to Frankfurt however there is little difference from UK communication with either Amsterdam or Frankfurt.

edit - update
    My AMSKVM6 shows that it has switched to FFME006 however if I ssh to it, it shows it is still
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W v2 @ 3.40GHz
    After a cpanel reboot, VNC shows Ryzen :smile: and ssh now fails, so will have to mess around with IP addresses and see which one is active. Via VNC there is no internet so definately an IP problem.

• titustitus Member
    edited June 2022

My VPS is back online from FFME003 (FFME003.VIRM.AC) node.
    I was not able to access to the VPS, but after a "Reconfigure Networking" and a reboot (from the SoulsVM panel) looks like everything is fine.

Sadly the IP address what I got, is from USA instead Germany but the traceroute confirm, it hosted from Germany. I think I can live with this :) but I hope they will solve this in the future.. (ARIN database update or don't know).

Edit: I can't request rDNS on the WHMCS, when I click the [rDNS] button, the list include only the old IP address instead of the new.

• FFME002.VIRM.AC still down for me.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited June 2022

@Jones said:

@NoComment said:

@Jones said: So nothing can be done for me? Cannot migrate now? (paid JP migration lasts more than 30 days) similarly, no one is dealing with offline VPS? Just tell your customers to wait?
    Since it was impossible to move at that time, why remind me to pay the relocation fee as soon as possible? I don't understand!

Why are you constantly complaining? Contrary to popular belief, complaining on LET does not make your support tickets get processed faster. Also, you were warned not to migrate unless you are okay with the migration getting stuck.

According to your experience, how can you improve the speed of support tickets?
    If I reply to the ticket, it will be automatically sorted to the end.Endless waiting~
    If I do not participate in the reply ticket, I have been waiting for them to handle and reply, but in fact, no one is responsible for handling it after 30 days.

Unsurprisingly another anxious Chinese client. It's a culture gap to my understanding, China growing too fast while everybody have millions of deals with a VPS. It's a sensational event if the ticket delayed for months.

However Virmach is an American company, western people used to waiting patiently, generally a ticket can be hold for years while no one complaint with a single word. It's a decent way of doing things worth third world countries learn.

• BlastBlast Member

I have an Intel VPS on a SJKVM7 node. Can I migrate to an AMD node?

• msattmsatt Member

@anthonyc said: FFME002.VIRM.AC still down for me.

I can confirm that the physical server is working.
    Check if VNC via SolusVM works, if so then likely problem is IP address change, so try the re-configure network option.

• @netrix said:

@bustersg said:
    Message from syslogd@dev at Jun 29 17:46:09 ...
    kernel:[64655.773128] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 21s! [kworker/u4:2:36367]

i have lots of these messages on my LA vps.
    anyone had these?

LA10GKVM21 yes but LAKVM25 no. both still on xeon node

mine is NY10GKVM78

• i know i paid peanuts for my BF special vps and i waited more than 12 hours, not a single acknowledgement reply. i'm taking a leap of faith they are super busy till no time to entertain the busy stream of ticketing system =)

• @msatt said:

Check if VNC via SolusVM works, if so then likely problem is IP address change, so try the re-configure network option.

I already tried all these things:

-Virmach Panel: Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    -Solus Panel: VNC - Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)
    -Solus Panel: Network Reconfigure - Networking could not be reconfigured. Unknown operating system
    -Solus Panel: Reinstall does not work
    -Solus Panel: Rescue does not work

I already have an FFM IP (149.57...) assigned as i did not migrate, but ordered the VPS just 7 days ago.

• FFMME005 node is not locked anymore but still no change "Unknown Error"

• msattmsatt Member

@anthonyc said: I already tried all these things:

If you have tried these, then say what you have tried instead of us having to try and guess your level of expertise. Also be polite - a thanks will always help.

Your original statement was incorrect i.e.

The physical server is functioning - so your problem is elsewhere.

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@msatt said:

@anthonyc said: I already tried all these things:

If you have tried these, then say what you have tried instead of us having to try and guess your level of expertise. Also be polite - a thanks will always help.

Your original statement was incorrect i.e.

The physical server is functioning - so your problem is elsewhere.

FFME002.VIRM.AC is down, you must be confused with another node.

• mjcoliveira90mjcoliveira90 Member
    edited June 2022

My vps was migrated from AMSKVM5 to AMSD027.
    I can't connect via ssh or ping
    Tried Debian and Alma Linux, reconfigured the network, rebooted and it still doesn't work
    @VirMach

Any tips to fix this?

• msattmsatt Member

@Jake4 said: FFME002.VIRM.AC is down, you must be confused with another node.

I don't think so -

Status Online
    IPv4 Address 2
    IP Address 149.57.161.xxx
    Virtualization Type (KVM)
    Hostname xxx
    Node FFME002.VIRM.AC

• @msatt said:

@Jake4 said: FFME002.VIRM.AC is down, you must be confused with another node.

I don't think so -

Status Online
    IPv4 Address 2
    IP Address 149.57.161.xxx
    Virtualization Type (KVM)
    Hostname xxx
    Node FFME002.VIRM.AC

Strange.

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: offline
    Operating System: linux-ubuntu-20.04-x86_64-minimal-latest-v2
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2022-06-21

• Gabri_91Gabri_91 Member
    edited June 2022

FFME002 down for me as well.
    Not sure if it may be the cause but on "Node Name" I have FFME002 without VIRM.AC suffix

EDIT: Looks to be FFME002.VIRM.AC in SolusVM and FFME002 in Virmach panel

149.57.161.xx for me as well by the way

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@brueggus said: Now I ended up with a database server in FRA and two application servers in AMS which is far from ideal latency-wise.

You'll get a chance to move it back.

@msatt said:

We resolved a lot of issues with FFM but multiple servers still keep dropping an NVMe once in a while. Luckily they're not dying -- it's just a configuration issue similar to what we faced in Tokyo, but what's different is that the fix for Tokyo isn't working on them for some reason. This one seems related to swap space and I've made some progress in fixing most of them, at least to the point where we achieved higher stability.

With that said it's possible for most of the VMs on the node to function while some don't and we're monitoring the situation closely.

Some of these also created incorrectly, it's on the queue to fix.

edited June 2022

@mjcoliveira90 said: My vps was migrated from AMSKVM5 to AMSD027.
    Tried Debian and Alma Linux, reconfigured the network, rebooted and it still doesn't work
    @VirMach

Any tips to fix this?

SolusVM spazzes out when a lot of reconfigurations happen at once. I'd recommend trying again now. I'll do another round of checks to see if the issue is widespread.

Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90
  • @VirMach said:

@VirMach

Any tips to fix this?

SolusVM spazzes out when a lot of reconfigurations happen at once. I'd recommend trying again now. I'll do another round of checks to see if the issue is widespread.

I tried again but it didn't work
    Thanks

• pwnedpwned Member

Looks like my little 384 MB instance force migrated from AMSKVM3 to FFME003.VIRM.AC today. (I didn't receive any advance email, notification, or ticket, so I wouldn't have known what was going on if not for LET.)

Once I was able to access the control panel I flipped on VNC and tried to boot, but I no joy. Fought the rescue system and the debian installer a bit, and finally got a fresh install working. (Odd stuff with disks and network not being detected, and I'm sure the installer wasn't happy with only 384 MB.)

Now that I'm back up the first impression is that the system is much faster! I'll have to let it run awhile then look at the munin graphs, but I'd expect the disk latency to be lower.

I also ran into cloudflare rate limits on the control panel, but I'm sure the system is getting hammered with everyone trying to spin up at the same time.

@mjcoliveira90 said:

@VirMach said:

@VirMach

Any tips to fix this?

I tried again but it didn't work
    Thanks

Private message me your IP, I want to check and make sure there's no mass configuration error on our end. I can only assist you if it's an error affecting everyone, otherwise I'll reply and let you know it's isolated so you can create a ticket.

Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90
  • @pwned said: (I didn't receive any advance email, notification, or ticket, so I wouldn't have known what was going on if not for LET.)

>

Seen a few people have said this. Wondering, do you have a valid email on file, etc... Most of us got several.

• pwnedpwned Member

@skorous said:

Seen a few people have said this. Wondering, do you have a valid email on file, etc... Most of us got several.

Yep, because I got two copies of the "Upcoming service migration & upgrade" email explaining that I had services eligible for migration. And no, I didn't click on any migrate buttons.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @pwned said:

Yep, because I got two copies of the "Upcoming service migration & upgrade" email explaining that I had services eligible for migration. And no, I didn't click on any migrate buttons.

Right on. Thanks for the clue. Sounds like a legit mistake was made.

• FFME005 having IO errors since yesterday. FFME006 is starting to have similar errors.

This discussion has been closed.