Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 227
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @sangatsetia said:
    once asked for a refund, the machine only replied, after 1 week the ticket automatically closed itself, had sent a ticket several times only the machine replied and it automatically closed. Have you asked for a migration and have already paid 3$, the ticket automatically closes and the VPS still doesn't move, have you ever commented on this group there is no response and clarity, how is this??? should be 6TB why only 2TB?? confused what to do?? internet speed is also still fluctuating and unstable. confused. @VirMach Invoice #1404808

I had a horrible trouble trying to understand what exact you are saying, so:
    TL DR No one gives a shit about me on Virmach tickets, please take a look at Invoice #1404808.

I think you should open a ticket with billing and state "Incorrect Specs on service" for title, then State that the bandwidth should be 6TB for Special 2560 and you only had 2TB.

Regarding the migration, Virmach did mention that the process might stuck or something like that, and you should ask for a refund or wait for them to process it in batch when that happens.

Seriously, please write in full sentences so at least someone can fully comprehend your issue without scratching their hair off.

Thanked by 2FrankZ sangatsetia
  • ofitofit Member

Guys better reinstall after migration ever if it work ok. Migrate from NY Buffalo to AMS Ryzen. Virmach NL AMS 1x2GBx25SSD Ryzen

root@UprightTaut-VM:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed May 25 17:05:07 CEST 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 1 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3499.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 24.3 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-105-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 249.92 MB/s  (62.4k) | 378.78 MB/s   (5.9k)
    Write      | 250.58 MB/s  (62.6k) | 380.77 MB/s   (5.9k)
    Total      | 500.51 MB/s (125.1k) | 759.56 MB/s  (11.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 971.41 MB/s   (1.8k) | 1.48 GB/s     (1.4k)
    Write      | 1.02 GB/s     (1.9k) | 1.58 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Total      | 1.99 GB/s     (3.8k) | 3.06 GB/s     (2.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 631 Mbits/sec   | 427 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 454 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 574 Mbits/sec   | 801 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 233 Mbits/sec   | 98.8 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy           
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 323 Mbits/sec   | 128 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 899                           
    Multi Core      | 900                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15117262

• xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited May 2022

@monsterup said:
    My vps on SEAZ003 (that was moved from 1 on last downtime) was down for more than 12 hours. There is no mention in status page. Anyone else on that node have any problem?

Not sure which exact node I'm on but I was also migrated from Z001 to somewhere, and same message as @FrankZ had on my control panel (operation timeout). I think that's related with Virmach's comment on it yesterday (regarding some nodes are down and something something)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@pdd said:

@zhangsy said:

@pdd said:
    Haha, it's really funny. Virmach removed my migration privileges, I don't have a ryzen migration button and paid migration is stuck every time, guess I'm trapped in E5 forever.Just beause of sending a few tickets which not caused by my own problems and never solved, what a cheapskate and slick company!

I have the same problem,no ryzen mirgation button,paid migration always stuck.I have used virmach for five years,I never create useless tickets,I am confused about the differential treatment 。

Like I said before Virmach is a petty and mean company who always take things personally and never admit their own mistakes. I was a very quiet user until the failed migration, then I created a few tickets about the migration thing and then I became a problem customer, where is the fairness? If the migration is smooth why should I creat any tickets in the first place?

You've definitely not been a "very quiet user" throughout this entire process and that's fine. There's like 40 comments you've made here, most of them asking for updates or negative but that's fine.

(edit) You weren't placed in the problematic group as a result of these comments. We never "linked" your account to your LET account, we don't really do that. We don't take actions on accounts as a result of what you say publicly, we're all about free speech.

@pdd said:

@zhangsy said:

@pdd said:

@zhangsy said:

@pdd said:
    Haha, it's really funny. Virmach removed my migration privileges, I don't have a ryzen migration button and paid migration is stuck every time, guess I'm trapped in E5 forever.Just beause of sending a few tickets which not caused by my own problems and never solved, what a cheapskate and slick company!

I have the same problem,no ryzen mirgation button,paid migration always stuck.I have used virmach for five years,I never create useless tickets,I am confused about the differential treatment 。

Like I said before Virmach is a petty and mean company who always take things personally and never admit their own mistakes. I was a very quiet user until the failed migration, then I created a few tickets about the migration thing and then I became a problem customer, where is the fairness? If the migration is smooth why should I creat any tickets in the first place?

Maybe you are right,I never created tickets about migration problem.The latest ticket that I created is more than one year ago.I don't know why I became a problem user.

Virmach's support is as confusing as their servers.A total mass!He should give us a reasonable explanation for this,otherwise we have the right to let the whole forum to know how unreasonable and discriminatory Virmach is to some individual users!We don't give up easily

I do agree with you that you should definitely be able to say whatever you want here, as long as it's based on the truth.

@pdd said:

@VirMach said:
    In any case though, I don't think that's you because you're saying you'll be trapped on an E5 node forever and this person is already on Ryzen, but at the same time I don't think any other situation exists that was recently handled like that. So it's possible you were omitted for some other reason which I can look up if you provide your email, just so we're transparent about it.

Does this look like ryzen?
    check the tickets: #404227 #753443

Okay, thanks for providing the information. I can now check for you what happened and be fully transparent about it.

Here's the admin notes for why you were placed in the problematic group:

Stuck migration made two extra tickets

It's in relation to the paid migration tool.

You created a migration request, then a ticket about that migration request, then you received a refund for that migration, then you made another migration request, and about 8 hours later you made another ticket for that second migration request. Then you were added to the problematic group, then you made another migration request, and then an hour later you made another ticket about that third migration request. That's at least 6 tickets for 3 requests for the same effort to migrate, and you were already told once:

We cannot currently answer any ETA questions or questions related to migration requests. If you want to place a new request, please understand that it may not be successful and you may have to wait a long time for a resolution. We recommend you check for any communication on our website or elsewhere confirming that the issue with migrations have been resolved before making a new request if it's a time sensitive request.

And then another time to not purchase any further migrations because clearly you're in a rush and this is not a situation where we can assist with your paid migration request. Since you want to proceed with migration, I've closed your 6th ticket, and left the 5th ticket open to get processed. It will take some time for it to be processed. As long as you don't make more tickets about the request it should hopefully be processed when we end up processing them. The 6th ticket is closed to avoid it being merged with the 5th which will result in it not being processed correctly.

(edit2) Just to be 100% clear, the only event that landed you in that group was creating a second ticket about the migration request after 8 or so hours, after you were already told we cannot provide updates if you decide to proceed with another request after the first was refunded.

Thanked by 1risturiz

@FrankZ said:

@monsterup said: My vps on SEAZ003 (that was moved from 1 on last downtime) was down for more than 12 hours. There is no mention in status page. Anyone else on that node have any problem?

--
    I was on SEAZ001 moved to SEAZ004 and I am getting:

Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

So it looks like the node is still down from the maintenance to me.

Oh man I hope not... that would make this like the 4th or 5th node out of like 6 or 7 nodes to have problems.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@FrankZ said:

@monsterup said: My vps on SEAZ003 (that was moved from 1 on last downtime) was down for more than 12 hours. There is no mention in status page. Anyone else on that node have any problem?

--

Ugh...

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • oasisXoasisX Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

--

Ugh...

@VirMach said: I recommend closing your ticket, then create a billing ticket referencing the migration ticket to get a refund for it.

Hello, @VirMach, the first batch(created on 05/05,2022) of stuck paid migration has still not been refunded. I have closed the stuck paid migration ticket as you said above on this thread and submitted a ticket for a refund to the billing department. Will this be handled by this way? Thank you.

• reb0rnreb0rn Member
    edited May 2022

I just migrated some old KVM and it worked at least for me as I reinstaled them with netboot, but system template do not work when migrating old KVM to ryzen, the OS listed there look old not updated

I still have old 2nd IP attached to client area, did not open ticket for removal as I guess virmach will deal with its removal for all

also I had to do more then 1 migration as LA had no internet when i installed from ISO but ither locations worked

• pddpdd Member

@VirMach said:
    It will take some time for it to be processed. As long as you don't make more tickets about the request it should hopefully be processed when we end up processing them.

I will shut up, as long as you keep your word! I apologize if I has a bad Influence on you or some other people here. I'm not an unreasonable person, it's just the persistent migration failure and the 1G bandwidth bug makes me a bit overreactive!I may have said or done something too much, no one should be my punching bag, I never meant to do it all! Thank you for your patience!

• lolmilolmi Member

@VirMach The paid migration was unsuccessful a few days ago and got stuck. The system generated a migration ticket and successfully migrated today with a free RYZEN migration. Will $3 be refunded the same way? In addition, does the work order need to wait for your subsequent batch processing? Will the virtual machine be migrated again through this ticket in the future?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@reb0rn said: also I had to do more then 1 migration as LA had no internet when i installed from ISO but ither locations worked

Check the netmask. DHCP was assigning 255.255.255.0 to my LAX VPS but the gateway IP was outside of the /24 of the IP assigned to the VPS. After setting the netmask to 255.255.248.0 it worked.

@reb0rn said: I just migrated some old KVM and it worked at least for me as I reinstaled them with netboot, but system template do not work when migrating old KVM to ryzen, the OS listed there look old not updated

Yeah, I think I spoke with our developer and there's no API for this and SolusVM likes maintaining whatever original configuration the VM utilized it seems, I'll mess around with it a little more when I have time to try to get it working otherwise we have to try to do a direct database update.

For the old plans, we're trying to refrain from updating the OS groups to remove these old ones on WHMCS as then it'll confuse people the other way around but I'll see about allowing everyone to also select all the Ryzen templates if they already can't.

@FrankZ said:

@reb0rn said: also I had to do more then 1 migration as LA had no internet when i installed from ISO but ither locations worked

Check the netmask. DHCP was assigning 255.255.255.0 to my LAX VPS but the gateway IP was outside of the /24 of the IP assigned to the VPS. After setting the netmask to 255.255.248.0 it worked.

I've been asking around for the node names and IP blocks affected by this but I seem to only get partial bits of information on it. I'll try to review all of it myself after I complete a few other more urgent tasks.

• reb0rnreb0rn Member

@FrankZ said:

It its pain to test in VNC and I was fine with other location so just migrated again

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

I've been asking around for the node names and IP blocks affected by this but I seem to only get partial bits of information on it. I'll try to review all of it myself after I complete a few other more urgent tasks.

--
    From Los Angeles LA10GKVM4 VPS id269255 XIYAN SHITWEASEL to Los Angeles Ryzen Node:LAXA009, VPS IP is 149.57.131.145 gateway IP 149.57.128.1

Thanked by 1nightcat
  • pddpdd Member

Just curious, what do problem customers lose? Will this Identity affect their daily use of their VMs? Or will there be stricter restrictions on them? Or just lack of some support? Does this mean they are second-class citizens?

• skorousskorous Member

If I recall Virmach correctly it just means you don't get early access to things because you can't follow directions properly. You still get them just at the end when everybody else gets them. So for example you'd lose access to the Ryzen Migrate button and your machines would just migrate when the entire node migrates.

Thanked by 2FrankZ risturiz
    edited May 2022

@pdd said:

Just curious, what do problem customers lose? Will this Identity affect their daily use of their VMs? Or will there be stricter restrictions on them? Or just lack of some support? Does this mean they are second-class citizens?

Right now we're just restricting access to any additional "bonus" features that aren't advertised/sold as part of your plan such as the Ryzen Migrate button for free.

Later on we may restrict certain departments being used, all within the normal fair rules we have for them. For example, maybe if you want to create a priority ticket you would have to first deposit $15 to use it as per the normal priority ticket rate/rules, and we'd then refund this $15 if it's a valid priority ticket. Stuff like that. We don't really want to "punish" these users, but we have to create some boundary for people who create a higher level of support overhead so it stops negatively affecting others given our current situation with limited staff members. It's not a perfect system, to do that we'd have to over-complicate matters. For example, there are people in the problematic group like yourself which just made several tickets asking for updates and such which isn't an extreme case, but then there are also others who have literally spammed 50+ tickets and for those people in extreme cases, we'd ideally have different restrictions, but the system isn't build for that high level of complexity when it comes to the specifics of "problematic."

Later on, we may also restrict access to some OPTIONAL services we would usually offer. For example, we may decline to sell you additional services such as paid migrations, but this has not been implemented. The logic behind that is if there's a higher likelihood that we receive constant tickets and additional requests on top of the normal request, then we reserve the right not to sell it to people as it's not worth it to us to, for example, have 6 tickets we have to process for one request for $3. I'm willing to hear out anyone who disagrees with this and we'll reconsider.

We may limit the number of "courtesy" requests we provide. For example, if you already received a refund per our policies, we may be less inclined to make policy exceptions for you. We will potentially try to stick more closely to providing you support to the level of support you actually paid for and included with your product, rather than going above/beyond those terms.

We may more permanently limit the number of requests you're allowed to have open on your account at the same time (for example, we may decide to code something that only allows you to create one unresolved ticket at a time, since a lot of the people in this group may be there as a result a history of creating multiple tickets at once for the same issue.)

Things I can assure we will not do and DO NOT have planned:

• We will not in any way restrict the VMs further.
    • We will not in any way suspend your service or suspend your account as a direct result of being flagged as such.
    • We will not discontinue any services. We will continue to provide you any services you paid for and any advertised features advertised with your service.

The entire idea in doing this is to be able to continue providing services to people, as a lesser measure than telling customers we no longer wish to provide services to them since I find that unfair for these more minor cases. We've probably only asked maybe a total of 3 to 5 people, in the history of our company, to move their data off and that we no longer could serve them as a customer and that's reserved for people doing things such as directly harassing our staff members, like calling them on their personal phone number, or people that cause extreme harm to our company.

All of the above is an informal response and just based on the ideas in my head. We haven't proceeded with any of this other than just making this group ineligible to use the Ryzen Migrate additional feature at this time. This is an originally unplanned feature, that was in no way promised, and it was never accessible to all users. We decided to provide this for free. We mostly coded this in just to curb immediate abuse of the button, when we lifted some other restrictions, but decided to also combine this with the previously created "problematic" group which essentially didn't do anything other than marking previously problematic customers for staff so they would check the notes and see what happened in the past on that account. The original concept was created just to essentially tell staff "hey, make sure to check the account notes on this account." More recently it was used to mark customers who stressed the ticket system more than usual, and again, finally it is also meant to be used to flag any accounts that should not have access to the Ryzen migrate button such as someone maybe using the button 10-20 times in a row and causing some abuse. It's a lot of different use cases bundled into one so I understand it's not perfect, and perhaps later on we can sort through them better.

The original concept was created just to essentially tell staff "hey, make sure to check the account notes on this account."

Edit -- I do also want to clarify this further with some examples. We'd move people into this group when we came up with it, for example, if someone already got two courtesy refunds and still kept making requests for courtesy refunds and essentially abusing that goodwill where we told them it'd be the last time, so support staff would remember to check notes and see that it happened when making future decisions. Or maybe someone previously abused a service more than once, promised to secure his server, and then didn't, just so we'd remember it on their next suspension appeal. Stuff like that.

In your case the idea is that if someone sees you made a ticket about some stuck migration, they'd go read the notes and immediately find out that you previously were told about this situation to essentially not create tickets about it, so then the staff member can just more quickly close that additional ticket you created without spending more time dealing with that scenario again.

edited May 2022

I'll also add this as a separate response as a sort of TLDR, currently, the Migrate Ryzen button is not available to those people previously marked as potentially problematic for various reasons, or to people with multiple accounts, or to people who have previously charged back, or had serious cases of abuse on their previous services such as bruteforcing, phishing, etc. For the latter, unrelated note, but we obviously also have those accounts marked to be unable to purchase additional services and if you are phishing your services are most likely already suspended so it would not really affect the Ryzen Migrate button anyway since it's already not available on suspended services.

Edit -- Example of a reason you'd land in the problematic group in more direct relation to the Ryzen Migrations: if you create a ticket asking why the button isn't there, then we'll just reply to you and tell you that your account isn't eligible and place you in the group. We have tens of thousands of customers, we can't create a self serve button for free as an additional feature and then have it create a huge strain on our ticket support system. The deal is that you may get it, just please don't ask why you did or didn't get it as an optional & free self-serve button.

Edit2 -- This isn't meant to be petty or "mean" and we understand some people may be curious, but we just can't deal with the level of support requested in relation to this free and optional button we added. The only other solution is to remove it for you if you ask about it. No harm, nothing changes. It's something you asked about that wasn't there, was there, then wasn't there.

I'll add some additional text at the very top of the Ryzen Migrate button saying we cannot answer any support requests related to the button, and if you create one it'll be removed. Of course if you use it and it breaks your service, then you can contact us and we'll still fix it, I'm just talking about things like "hey, what is this?" or "hey, why is it saying it can't do it?"

Thanked by 2FrankZ skorous
  • JabJabJabJab Member

@VirMach said: I'll add some additional text at the very top of the Ryzen Migrate button saying we cannot answer any support requests related to the button

Maybe a link to knowledge database article that you can copy-paste most text of out this posts rather than "We can't answer your support tickets" because I have a feeling it will be misunderstood :D

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • lolmilolmi Member

@VirMach

Today, the migration of RYZEN was successful. The migration of the $3 I paid before was unsuccessful. I have closed the service order!

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: I'll add some additional text at the very top of the Ryzen Migrate button saying we cannot answer any support requests related to the button

Maybe a link to knowledge database article that you can copy-paste most text of out this posts rather than "We can't answer your support tickets" because I have a feeling it will be misunderstood :D

It's a double-edged sword. The more we talk about it the more questions it can raise. We usually don't like leaving people in the dark and want to explain everything as much as possible but this is very much a case where I believe less is more.

I'll make some other changes today though to try to make things more clear where it can be concise and to funnel the Ryzen issues into one department maybe.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@lolmi said:
    @VirMach

Today, the migration of RYZEN was successful. The migration of the $3 I paid before was unsuccessful. I have closed the service order!

You can open a billing ticket, mention the request was incomplete, and reference ticket ID for the request, and we can refund you.

@JabJab said:

Creating one knowledgebase article for "Ryzen" that has all FAQs per your suggestion.

Thanked by 2FrankZ Xrmaddness
  • @VirMach Maybe you need to pay attention to "Migration Special", many people can't migration.

edited May 2022

@u104b230 said:
    @VirMach Maybe you need to pay attention to "Migration Special", many people can't migration.

I don't know what that mean, if the button doesn't appear then that's intended at this time. You'll still be migrated per the original terms of the migration special, when your entire node is moved per scheduled migration. We're just behind by a few weeks at this time.

• @VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:
    @VirMach Maybe you need to pay attention to "Migration Special", many people can't migration.

I don't know what that mean, if the button doesn't appear then that's intended at this time. You'll still be migrated per the original terms of the migration special, when your entire node is moved per scheduled migration. We're just behind by a few weeks at this time.

@VirMach
    The button appears for me and i get an error when I try to migrate. I gave details about this in the migration special thread.

• u104b230u104b230 Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:

My friend said that there is a button that appears, and when pressed in any location, it shows "We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow." Ask a lot of people who have "Migration Special" and have the same result. And the paid migration, the location is not displayed later, the list is empty.
    My BF-SPECIAL with 2vCPU and 2G Ram can be migrated.

This discussion has been closed.