Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 228
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @u104b230 said: My friend said

Must be true! >:)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • lolmilolmi Member

@VirMach said:

@lolmi said:
    @VirMach

Today, the migration of RYZEN was successful. The migration of the $3 I paid before was unsuccessful. I have closed the service order!

You can open a billing ticket, mention the request was incomplete, and reference ticket ID for the request, and we can refund you.

Trusted merchant, hope Virmach is getting stronger and stronger! <3

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@u104b230 said: My friend said

Of course it's true, even if it doesn't solve the problem, it won't affect me.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@u104b230 said:

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:
    @VirMach Maybe you need to pay attention to "Migration Special", many people can't migration.

I don't know what that mean, if the button doesn't appear then that's intended at this time. You'll still be migrated per the original terms of the migration special, when your entire node is moved per scheduled migration. We're just behind by a few weeks at this time.

My friend said that there is a button that appears, and when pressed in any location, it shows "We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow." Ask a lot of people who have "Migration Special" and have the same result. And the paid migration, the location is not displayed later, the list is empty.
    The same BF-SPECIAL with 2vCPU and 2G Ram can be migrated.

Is he using the Ryzen migrate button or the other migrate button in that screenshot? Or that screenshot unrelated?

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@u104b230 said: My friend said

Although he said solving the problem would buy me a cup of coffee. :D

• u104b230u104b230 Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:
    @VirMach Maybe you need to pay attention to "Migration Special", many people can't migration.

I don't know what that mean, if the button doesn't appear then that's intended at this time. You'll still be migrated per the original terms of the migration special, when your entire node is moved per scheduled migration. We're just behind by a few weeks at this time.

My friend said that there is a button that appears, and when pressed in any location, it shows "We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow." Ask a lot of people who have "Migration Special" and have the same result. And the paid migration, the location is not displayed later, the list is empty.

Is he using the Ryzen migrate button or the other migrate button in that screenshot? Or that screenshot unrelated?

Tried both but same doesn't work.
    Node is LA10GKVM25.
    ryzen migrate button:We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow.
    migrate button:Unable to select location, list is empty.

@u104b230 said:

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:

Node is LA10GKVM25.
    ryzen migrate button:We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow.

Information forwarded to developer.

• @VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:

@VirMach said:

@u104b230 said:

Node is LA10GKVM25.

Information forwarded to developer.

ok,I wish you a good day.

• @mjcoliveira90 said:
    The button appears for me and i get an error when I try to migrate. I gave details about this in the migration special thread.

If you open a ticket GAME OVER

• melp57melp57 Member

I just placed an order for 512/15gb vps.
    I'm happy with the process, except they only take PayPal to add credit to your account, which is ok. I'm glad to see they are very active here in LET. I might upgrade My vps in the future. Thanks for offering these great price.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • haynhathaynhat Member

I migrated my VPS from DAL10GKVM7 to LAXA011 and I have tried almost the templates in the SolusVM but failed to boot with message "Booting from Hard Disk... error: invalid arch-independent ELF magic. Entering rescue mode... grub rescue"

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@haynhat - is there an ISO for the O/S that you want in the SolusVM control panel? If so mount that up and try to install that way. If the gateway IP is not on the same /24 as your VPS IP make sure you change the subnet or you will not have a working network when you are done. Questions ? PM me. :smile:

Thanked by 1haynhat
  • @VirMach should I expect Ryzen migrate working on BF specials ? It currently errors out

• @host4cheap said: should I expect Ryzen migrate working on BF specials ? It currently errors out

It does work - depends on location(s) and your timing.

Thanked by 3FrankZ skorous u104b230
  • haynhathaynhat Member
    edited May 2022

@FrankZ said:
    @haynhat - is there an ISO for the O/S that you want in the SolusVM control panel? If so mount that up and try to install that way. If the gateway IP is not on the same /24 as your VPS IP make sure you change the subnet or you will not have a working network when you are done. Questions ? PM me. :smile:

There is no iso in the SolusVM but some in the Billing panel. I have just installed the Centos7 minimal. Now I can login via VNC but SSH even I have changed the gateway

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@haynhat said: There is no iso in the SolusVM but some in the Billing panel. I have just installed the Centos7 minimal. Now I can login via VNC but SSH even I have changed the gateway

Glad to see you got it installed via ISO. Don't change the gateway, if the gateway is not on your /24 change the NETMASK from 255.255.255.0. If the is no netmask set it as 255.255.248.0. An example is below. I've left out the not relevant stuff

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
    #Example GATEWAY is not on the same /24 as the IPADDR below it.
    GATEWAY=149.53.128.1
    IPADDR=149.53.131.145  
    NETMASK=255.255.248.0

EDIT: then reboot.

Thanked by 3haynhat u104b230 dudulu
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

@host4cheap said: should I expect Ryzen migrate working on BF specials ? It currently errors out

It does work - depends on location(s) and your timing.

Shows me error for Seattle

• haynhathaynhat Member
    edited May 2022

@FrankZ said:

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
    GATEWAY=149.57.128.1
    IPADDR=149.57.131.145  
    NETMASK=255.255.248.0

Thank you, @FrankZ. Finally I made it working. At the first time I copied ifcfg-eth0 from my another AlmaLinux VPS in node LAXA011 and replaced everything in this Centos 7 so it removed some required information of Centos 7.

I reinstall and just copied the information you mentioned and it worked.

Thanks @FrankZ

Edit: Actually, NETMASK=255.255.255.0 is working, don't need to change to NETMASK=255.255.248.0

Thanked by 1FrankZ

Edit: Actually, NETMASK=255.255.255.0 is working, don't need to change to NETMASK=255.255.248.0

Yeah this part is what confused me a little bit when hearing the reports. If there's an issue with netmasking it should only theoretically have a negative effect when it comes to maybe internal networking or if the IP address is out of bounds and maybe some broadcast or DHCP issue but I wouldn't expect it to fully just not function like that.

Since in this specific case it would still be able to reach the gateway whether it's 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.248.0 since the gateway is within both ranges.

I don't know though maybe I'm not thinking it through correctly, haven't really looked at it yet today, still dealing with a lot of other fires.

• I've had zero packet loss problems, are these people running vpns or wut?

• lxz7758521lxz7758521 Member
    edited May 2022

• Why not let Migration Special migrate

• vhhjkglvhhjkgl Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach I haven't looked at the forum for a long time, the migration special section will prompt "We failed to submit the request. please try again tomorrow" when you click the migration button.How do I go about solving it??I applied to move to Japan before, but I haven't heard anything for a long time, so I plan to move to other places

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@VirMach said: Since in this specific case it would still be able to reach the gateway whether it's 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.248.0 since the gateway is within both ranges.

I am no network engineer, but if I understand this correctly a /24 netmask is 255.255.255.0 and would work for 256 IPs in the example range of

GATEWAY=149.57.131.1
    IPADDR=149.57.131.2 to 149.57.131.254
    NETMASK=255.255.255.0

The example I gave previously was based on the gateway being outside of the /24, like mine was in LAX, so I cast a /21 covering 2046 IPs in the example range of

GATEWAY=149.57.128.1
    IPADDR=149.57.128.2 to 149.57.135.254
    NETMASK=255.255.248.0

As @haynhat did not tell me his GATEWAYIP or IPADDR I was casting a wide net with the NETMASK=255.255.248.0

If someone with more network experience then me would like to correct any of this thinking I would appreciate it. I do understand I could have used a NETMASK=255.255.252.0 in the original example below and it would work.

DEVICE=eth0
    GATEWAY=149.57.128.1
    IPADDR=149.57.131.145  
    NETMASK=255.255.248.0

Thanked by 1lemoncube
  • thanks for commenting on my problem
    as i said:
    I have made the ticket very complete and clear, I have posted the last ticket on this forum https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3429819/#Comment_3429819
    automatic ticket closes with the machine and I recreate the same problem with the title "Bandwith doesn't match (should be 6TB)" up to 3x
    why are you confused?? because there are many problems piled up on my one VPS and none of them have been resolved. @VirMach should know better
    but did they respond? finish it? nothing, the result is ZERO. and even you who replied to my comment.
    The steps I have taken when the problem arose for more than 2 months:

• request for a refund, the ticket will be automatically closed after 2 weeks, no refund will be made
    • I gave in, tried to migrate to another place, already paid, the ticket automatically closed. migration is not performed. money is not refunded to me.
    • I gave in again, asking for badwith to be fixed according to the order and the internet network to be fixed, the ticket was closed again
      so what to do????

@xpreboun said:
    I had a horrible trouble trying to understand what exact you are saying, so:
    TL DR No one gives a shit about me on Virmach tickets, ..........

@kekeguai said:
    Why not let Migration Special migrate

Based on your screenshot, I don't know.

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: Since in this specific case it would still be able to reach the gateway whether it's 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.248.0 since the gateway is within both ranges.

I am no network engineer, but if I understand this correctly a /24 netmask is 255.255.255.0 and would work for 256 IPs in the example range of

GATEWAY=149.57.131.1
    IPADDR=149.57.131.2 to 149.57.131.254
    NETMASK=255.255.255.0

The example I gave previously was based on the gateway being outside of the /24, like mine was in LAX, so I cast a /21 covering 2046 IPs in the example range of

GATEWAY=149.57.128.1
    IPADDR=149.57.128.2 to 149.57.135.254
    NETMASK=255.255.248.0

As @haynhat did not tell me his GATEWAYIP or IPADDR I was casting a wide net with the NETMASK=255.255.248.0

If someone with more network experience then me would like to correct any of this thinking I would appreciate it. I do understand I could have used a NETMASK=255.255.252.0 in the original example below and it would work.

DEVICE=eth0
    GATEWAY=149.57.128.1
    IPADDR=149.57.131.145  
    NETMASK=255.255.248.0

Ah, okay, I thought it was just the one. I'll look at these shortly.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

@reb0rn said: also I had to do more then 1 migration as LA had no internet when i installed from ISO but ither locations worked

Check the netmask. DHCP was assigning 255.255.255.0 to my LAX VPS but the gateway IP was outside of the /24 of the IP assigned to the VPS. After setting the netmask to 255.255.248.0 it worked.

Crazy smart. Thank you.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@kekeguai said:
    Why not let Migration Special migrate

Based on your screenshot, I don't know.

• my tokyo setup with a blocked ip,,can u change one free one time??

This discussion has been closed.