Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 43
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• Well at least they're active in Twitter. :D

• some chinese costomers said their black friday HK vps has been provisoned ,so other locations maybe soon?

Thanked by 1nammdp
  • On their website, they say
    Because we care. We care about making sure you have the best possible experience.

That is why you will feel at home when you talk to our customer support.

• nammdpnammdp Member
    edited January 2022

My VM in HK location has been delivered today, delay 8days. They said billing time is 10 Jan.
    Hope Everything will be ok.
    https://tocdo.io/result/6dbe0845-8e9b-4ef0-b969-eb88bb19bda6

`
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    # Yet-Another-Bench-Script #
    # v2021-12-28 #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat Jan  8 05:55:12 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7443 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 2844.654 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 54.1 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 244.30 MB/s  (61.0k) | 3.26 GB/s    (50.9k)
    Write      | 244.94 MB/s  (61.2k) | 3.28 GB/s    (51.2k)
    Total      | 489.24 MB/s (122.3k) | 6.54 GB/s   (102.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 5.40 GB/s    (10.5k) | 5.59 GB/s     (5.4k)
    Write      | 5.69 GB/s    (11.1k) | 5.96 GB/s     (5.8k)
    Total      | 11.09 GB/s   (21.6k) | 11.55 GB/s   (11.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 175 Mbits/sec   | 498 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 216 Mbits/sec   | 1.45 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 162 Mbits/sec   | 1.04 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 95.6 Mbits/sec  | 247 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 222 Mbits/sec   | 735 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 258 Mbits/sec   | 1.05 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 324 Mbits/sec   | 899 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 149 Mbits/sec   | 456 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1136
    Multi Core      | 3125
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12048888

• @cybertech said:
    uncommunicated delays are a PITA, but why are you using pre order for cheap storage as production? get azure or something instead.

If I had budget to use Azure I wouldn't be here. I guess that applies to maximum LET users.

The issue is not about how I use the VPS / service but about what the provider promised and failed to deliver.

• @wa44io4 said:

@cybertech said:
    uncommunicated delays are a PITA, but why are you using pre order for cheap storage as production? get azure or something instead.

If I had budget to use Azure I wouldn't be here.

my point exactly

• @Arirang said:
    How much did you lose your money?

I needed to purchase 2 new VPS for a month while @hosthatch deliver my pre-ordered ones.

@kheng86 said:
    Most members in LET lose millions under this kinda situations

It's not about the amount, why would I spend any extra money while I already have paid for a service which should have been available for me to use.

• @cybertech said:
    my point exactly

If you're providing cheaper service than Azure that doesn't mean you should break your commitment, miss-communicate with customers.

I can name hundreds of other budget providers who are as good as @hosthatch and works way better than Azure for me.

• @wa44io4 said:

@cybertech said:
    my point exactly

If you're providing cheaper service than Azure that doesn't mean you should break your commitment, miss-communicate with customers.

I can name hundreds of other budget providers who are as good as @hosthatch and works way better than Azure for me.

hmm ok

• @cybertech said:

@wa44io4 said:

@cybertech said:
    my point exactly

hmm ok

The guy should just stop buying from flash sales, that's all. Just try to buy some services at their normal rates and see folks bend over to provide him the service he needs.

@wa44io4 is being a cheapskate, is what I'm essentially trying to say.

• @wa44io4 said: I've already lost my money for these delays. I'm saying this again, not everyone order VPS for idling, many put them in production right away. For example these VPS were supposed to replace my existing services.

The complaints about delays and poor communication are fair enough.

But if your business is relying on just-in-time supply from a supplier that you've never dealt with and who clearly said the product was not in stock at the time of order, I wouldn't want to be hiring you.

• @wa44io4 said:
    15 days delay on storage VPS, I think it's the same for 30 DEC deliveries too.

I've already lost my money for these delays. I'm saying this again, not everyone order VPS for idling, many put them in production right away. For example these VPS were supposed to replace my existing services.

Let's agree that through these offers @hosthatch providing value for money, great performance, excellent support but the way they're taking orders and delivering is enough reason for many to overlook their offers.

I understand that I could have ignored the offer and can get a refund now. But why?

I wasn't familiar with this delivery process history of @hosthatch (first time customer) and I certainly didn't decide to wait for weeks and get a refund in the end. Shouldn't they clarify about the delivery before they post their offer, taker the orders?

It's always a trap for customers who is not familiar with @hosthatch history :(

Fanboys don't need to go crazy, I'm just sharing my opinion here.

Thanks.

Who the fuck uses pre order servers for production? Let alone replace existing servers lol.

• @dosai said: Who the fuck uses pre order servers for production?

Me.

• @RedSox said:

@dosai said: Who the fuck uses pre order servers for production?

Me.

me too

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • @didtav said:

@RedSox said:

Me.

me too

me too

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • @zhuyijun said:

@didtav said:

@RedSox said:

Me.

me too

me too

me too

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • pbxpbx Member

@zJwnnjPg said: me too

We all do. This is LET!

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @wa44io4 said:
    15 days delay on storage VPS, I think it's the same for 30 DEC deliveries too.

If you ordered APAC VPS the delay is not yet 15 days and if EMEA then it's close to a month now.

Let's agree that through these offers @hosthatch providing value for money, great performance, excellent support but the way they're taking orders and delivering is enough reason for many to overlook their offers.

Are you sure about 'excellent support'? :)

• @dosai said:

Who the fuck uses pre order servers for production? Let alone replace existing servers lol.

Many as you can see below.
    And I believed it's not prohibited by AUP or ToS.

• @foitin said:

@dosai said:

Of course. Sticking your finger in an electrical socket isn't prohibited either, but it doesn't make it a wise thing to do.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @tetech said:

@foitin said:

@dosai said:

Of course. Sticking your finger in an electrical socket isn't prohibited either, but it doesn't make it a wise thing to do.

So using preordered low end server for production is like putting finger in a socket to you?

While I do agree using low-end for production is not a wise decision, there's nothing wrong or deadly with @wa44io4 's plan and others aren't in a position to judge him for his choice.

Fanboys also need to stop the ridiculous straw man arguments and I sincerely hope they know what this is.

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • @foitin said:

@tetech said:

@foitin said:

@dosai said:

So using preordered low end server for production is like putting finger in a socket to you?

While I do agree using low-end for production is not a wise decision, there's nothing wrong or deadly with @wa44io4 's plan and others aren't in a position to judge him for his choice.

Fanboys also need to stop the ridiculous straw man arguments and I sincerely hope they know what this is.

Saying something is not prohibited by ToS is completely irrelevant. They are intended to protect the provider, not to limit the user's stupidity.

• ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited January 2022

Hello,
    You are receiving this email because you have a pending Black Friday pre-order for a VM in Singapore.

Unfortunately we ran into some unexpected delays while getting our final hardware imported into Singapore. We have just received confirmation from the local customs office and expect to be able to deliver your VM sometime next week between January 11th and 14th. You will receive an email notification once it is setup.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Best Regards,
    HostHatch

received news on email about BF VM in singapore

@hosthatch said: We'll make sure the billing starts 7-10 days AFTER your server is provisioned.

Make sure billing starts 7days-10days after our server is provisioned, okay.
    I do still believe hosthatch :love:

• nyamenknyamenk Member
    edited January 2022

Alhamdulillah STO server

• @nyamenk said:
    Alhamdulillah STO server

Ntab Gan!

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • Received below email regarding the Singapore Black Friday PreOrders
    Hello, You are receiving this email because you have a pending Black Friday pre-order for a VM in Singapore. Unfortunately we ran into some unexpected delays while getting our final hardware imported into Singapore. We have just received confirmation from the local customs office and expect to be able to deliver your VM sometime next week between January 11th and 14th. You will receive an email notification once it is setup. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this delay. Best Regards, HostHatch

• @nyamenk said:
    Alhamdulillah STO server

It is Worth to waiting right ??

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • Yabs and tracert from my loc Indonesia only 12 hop B)

Thanks @hosthatch @Emil

root@cloudbox:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -49
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-28                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat Jan  8 13:30:38 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7551P 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 1999.984 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 2.24 MB/s      (560) | 30.70 MB/s     (479)
    Write      | 2.25 MB/s      (564) | 31.10 MB/s     (486)
    Total      | 4.50 MB/s     (1.1k) | 61.80 MB/s     (965)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 150.98 MB/s    (294) | 209.57 MB/s    (204)
    Write      | 159.01 MB/s    (310) | 223.53 MB/s    (218)
    Total      | 309.99 MB/s    (604) | 433.11 MB/s    (422)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 855 Mbits/sec   | 4.62 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 3.56 Gbits/sec  | 2.26 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 2.84 Gbits/sec  | 1.55 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 276 Mbits/sec   | 325 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 408 Mbits/sec   | 1.10 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 950 Mbits/sec   | 1.38 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 405 Mbits/sec   | 1.01 Gbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 57.6 Mbits/sec  | 759 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 3227
    Multi Core      | 5223
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16458878

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 635
    Multi Core      | 1220
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12055339

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt dosai
  • @add_iT said:

@nyamenk said:
    Alhamdulillah STO server

It is Worth to waiting right ??

Yup, it worth it!

• My 2Tb storage VPS in Stockholm has been delivered today. Billing date moved to 10.1.22. Men at work :)

This discussion has been closed.