Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2021 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2021

Comments

• @cochon said:

@yoursunny said:
    My $5/year service has "next due date" being tomorrow, and there's no invoice generated.
    Are you breaking up with me?

Yes I noted that too, I also had an outstanding invoice from a BF2018 deal that I completely forgot to pay (due 23rd), it was only this thread that reminded me, as I'd not had a reminder/warning/suspension.

I remember before that Mxroute's late payment allowance is up to 3 months. Is it still the same today @jar?

• renewal invoice generation should be 1 month ahead instead of 7 days before due date.

• @Daniel15 said:
    I just renewed my Black Friday 2018 offer ($30 every 3 years). Thanks for running such a reliable service!

I think this is by far the most generous promo 100GB for $10/yr, I just renewed mine.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:
    I just renewed my BF2018 deal for 10$/2 year. Only drawback that it is 2 GB disk space.

I have BF2020 deal for $5/year.
    It's the same 2GB capacity but I have 2x the chance of canceling.

@jar said:

@1nf said: Is the $5/year not worth offering anymore because you basically have to provide support to a customer for like 40 cents a month?

It sounds so unfriendly to say this but it's so universally true that it is worth acknowledging: The less someone pays for service, the more it will cost to provide them service relative to the resources purchased. Basically, if you sold someone 100GB for $1000/m, you would spend less time helping them than you would someone who paid $1/m for the same. Strange as it may sound, it's unusual how consistently true it is.

My $5/year service has "next due date" being tomorrow, and there's no invoice generated.

HostBill isn't generating the invoices, it's on my to-do list. WHMCS migration sucks.

• @jar said:

@yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:
    I just renewed my BF2018 deal for 10$/2 year. Only drawback that it is 2 GB disk space.

@jar said:

@1nf said: Is the $5/year not worth offering anymore because you basically have to provide support to a customer for like 40 cents a month?

It sounds so unfriendly to say this but it's so universally true that it is worth acknowledging: The less someone pays for service, the more it will cost to provide them service relative to the resources purchased. Basically, if you sold someone 100GB for $1000/m, you would spend less time helping them than you would someone who paid $1/m for the same. Strange as it may sound, it's unusual how consistently true it is.

HostBill isn't generating the invoices, it's on my to-do list. WHMCS migration sucks.

When can we expect the invoices? I really don't want to forget/miss the email and loose my offer....

@pullangcubo said:

@cochon said:

@yoursunny said:

Yes I noted that too, I also had an outstanding invoice from a BF2018 deal that I completely forgot to pay (due 23rd), it was only this thread that reminded me, as I'd not had a reminder/warning/suspension.

I remember before that Mxroute's late payment allowance is up to 3 months. Is it still the same today @jar?

It's not automatic anyway, I process suspensions and terminations by hand. So rest assured I'll figure it out and it won't impact service.

@1nf said:

@jar said:

@yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:

@jar said:

When can we expect the invoices? I really don't want to forget/miss the email and loose my offer....

Not sure. Considering it low priority right now. Worst that happens is some free service, no automatic suspension.

• I asked last year so I guess I'll ask again, do you have any plan to implement dnssec and dane? Thanks.

edited November 2021

@12938450 said:
    I asked last year so I guess I'll ask again, do you have any plan to implement dnssec and dane? Thanks.

I do not. It has in the past caused outages when I needed to make emergency changes, and I don't like elective features that tether me down and limit my options for emergencies.

Thanked by 112938450
  • Which are the service locations (country) where the data is stored?

edited November 2021

@webcraft said:
    Which are the service locations (country) where the data is stored?

ReliableSite NY location and OVH Canada are where the current servers are which are receiving new orders. Don't take that as a promise for any location, I want to retain the right to move data as I feel it's best for the business and customers as a whole.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

It's not automatic anyway, I process suspensions and terminations by hand. So rest assured I'll figure it out and it won't impact service.

I'm not surprised on the amount of hand processing involved.
    Last time I sent a mail through your system and wrote my own street address on the To line.
    A few days later there's a peanut butter jar on my doorstep with a handprint on it.
    How did that happen?

Thanked by 3jar user123 Logano

@yoursunny said:

I'm not surprised on the amount of hand processing involved.
    Last time I sent a mail through your system and wrote my own street address on the To line.
    A few days later there's a peanut butter jar on my doorstep with a handprint on it.
    How did that happen?

You don't want to know what I did to the peanut butter.

Thanked by 3ashcraye Logano kkrajk
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

This is fantastic. Unlimited domains, unlimited emails, 300 emails per hour. Perfect SMTP relay.

Holy shit, thanks @jar!

Thanked by 1jar
  • BTW, anyone able to login via MXRoute iOS (Crossbox) app? I am able to log into mxlogin.com but says not found on iOS

• SmokeySmokey Member
    edited November 2021

Hey @jar been with you since the 2014 CyberMonday deal -- happy with the service!

Basically been on the mxroute site once a year to pay the bill so as long as my mail works I don't keep up with what's happening over there. The lil info window about services only shows "Old cPanel" and oddly show's a $15 annual for whatever reason.

I normally pull mail off the pop3 daily, often multiple times.. Anyhow, if there is any benefit to you in whatever migration stuff is happening, I have no problem starting from scratch with a new account if it'd make anything easier for y'all.

Hope you had a pleasant Thanksgiving!

• @caracal said: BTW, anyone able to login via MXRoute iOS (Crossbox) app? I am able to log into mxlogin.com but says not found on iOS

I'm using it. iOS and Android.
    use official CrossBox app, not MXRoute app.(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @jar said:

That's not peanut butter 🤮

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@jar said:

That's not peanut butter 🤮

Not anymore.

• @jar said: ReliableSite NY location and OVH Canada are where the current servers are which are receiving new orders. Don't take that as a promise for any location, I want to retain the right to move data as I feel it's best for the business and customers as a whole.

So you don't have servers in Hetzner anymore?

• @Konbu said:

@caracal said: BTW, anyone able to login via MXRoute iOS (Crossbox) app? I am able to log into mxlogin.com but says not found on iOS

I'm using it. iOS and Android.
    use official CrossBox app, not MXRoute app.(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

Thanks. This worked!

• looking for bigger storage. such as 50GB or 100GB

Thanked by 1Salomon123
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

I just bought it. Not sure how to use it, but heck, it was just $10 :smile:

• ferefientferefient Member
    edited November 2021

@jar how would one such user trust a low-end email provider to not go through their unencrypted emails? Seems a bit risky IMO, especially when it's this cheap.

• @ferefient said:
    @jar how would one such user trust a low-end email provider to not go through their unencrypted emails? Seems a bit risky IMO, especially when it's this cheap.

Don't trust anybody, just selfhosted it on your home.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @ferefient said:

You trust the guy, or you don’t, easy.

Personally, I’ve seen enough of the guy to decide I can trust him with my email. If you haven’t, that’s cool, just don’t buy it.

• @ferefient said:

I would suspect larger providers actually have more staff with time on their hands to do that. Sounds like you put way too much faith in the 'security' of e-mail per se.

With most people having multiple devices hooked in, many portable and thus steal-able along with a cache of your messages, I think the provider/platform is a relatively low risk. I would always change e-mailed passwords, save and remove confidential material from any mailbox and be circumspect about the rest. It really isn't a secure medium.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

So you trust your host provider more than Jar??

• @jar said:

@pullangcubo said:

@cochon said:

@yoursunny said:

That would make quite a visual.
    Jarland takes a hatchet and goes nuts involucrating accounts.

• The only reason why im not jumping on that is that I have previously gotten 2 BF specials lol.
    Awesome offers as always though @jar