Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2021 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2021

Comments

• @jar said:

@sgno1 said: is that recurring?

It is. Hell will have to freeze over twice for me to change the pricing on you.

Yeah it seems to be something happening on your side, I try to submit a ticket and it just dies haha, not sure what is going on there, wanted to cancel the $99 lifetime which I mis-clicked on

Thanked by 1jar
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I'm still with my DA Large 2020 <3

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@sgno1 said: Yeah it seems to be something happening on your side, I try to submit a ticket and it just dies haha, not sure what is going on there, wanted to cancel the $99 lifetime which I mis-clicked on

This is what Sucuri told me of it:

"These blocks are occurring due to the Intrusion Detection System (IDS). This is commonly caused by several access attempts in quick succession. These blocks are temporary and are usually already removed by the time we receive a request to check them."

It may seem odd to choose them but it's a very specific plan for a very short term threat.

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • @jar said:

@sgno1 said: Yeah it seems to be something happening on your side, I try to submit a ticket and it just dies haha, not sure what is going on there, wanted to cancel the $99 lifetime which I mis-clicked on

This is what Sucuri told me of it:

"These blocks are occurring due to the Intrusion Detection System (IDS). This is commonly caused by several access attempts in quick succession. These blocks are temporary and are usually already removed by the time we receive a request to check them."

It may seem odd to choose them but it's a very specific plan for a very short term threat.

No worries, do unpaid invoices get cleared themselves, or should I open a ticket for them

Thanked by 1jar
  • 1nf1nf Member
    edited November 2021

Is the $5/year not worth offering anymore because you basically have to provide support to a customer for like 40 cents a month?

Thanked by 2jar pepa65
  • @DP said: I'm still with my DA Large 2020

I've got a DA Large on such a ridiculous discount I genuinely feel bad about it.

Thanked by 2jar DP
  • @jar said: It may seem odd to choose them but it's a very specific plan for a very short term threat.

weasel?

Thanked by 2jar dahartigan

@sgno1 said: No worries, do unpaid invoices get cleared themselves, or should I open a ticket for them

I'll take care of it.

@1nf said: Is the $5/year not worth offering anymore because you basically have to provide support to a customer for like 40 cents a month?

It sounds so unfriendly to say this but it's so universally true that it is worth acknowledging: The less someone pays for service, the more it will cost to provide them service relative to the resources purchased. Basically, if you sold someone 100GB for $1000/m, you would spend less time helping them than you would someone who paid $1/m for the same. Strange as it may sound, it's unusual how consistently true it is.

Thanked by 2sgno1 bikegremlin

I trust my security, but I trust mine + someone else's even more. Toss some load balancing into the mix and at least the IDS is the lesser evil.

• @jar said:

@1nf said: Is the $5/year not worth offering anymore because you basically have to provide support to a customer for like 40 cents a month?

It sounds so unfriendly to say this but it's so universally true that it is worth acknowledging: The less someone pays for service, the more it will cost to provide them service relative to the resources purchased. Basically, if you sold someone 100GB for $1000/m, you would spend less time helping them than you would someone who paid $1/m for the same. Strange as it may sound, it's unusual how consistently true it is.

Yeah that makes sense. Having only got to 200MB, I think the small plan will keep me going for a while (i'm not that popular :'( )

Thanked by 2jar Logano
  • Well tested for 10mins and just purchased a second service... :) Thanks Jar.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @stevewatson301 said:

@jar said: It may seem odd to choose them but it's a very specific plan for a very short term threat.

weasel?

That motherfucker.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited November 2021

The servers that these orders are being provisioned on are also running production tests of a new backup system that allows users to restore data on demand, and saves me a ton of money. If everyone likes it, I'll roll it out to the other servers to replace the temporary rolling rsyncs that are presently for emergency only. The default DA backup system is no longer part of my process for it's overhead.

• Saw the deals a couple days ago already live on the Black Friday site, grabbed one to replace another promo and recommended it to a couple friends. Love you @jar <3

Thanked by 1jar

@Setsura said: Will shill for Pop-Tarts

Your poptarts have been doubled.

Thanked by 2Setsura TimRoo
  • Well, I am enjoying my previous @jar 's BF offers - no need in new accounts, two existing ones serve just fine. No problems, high uptime and availability - nice service!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Bought one before I miss out again :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Can I switch to this BF plan from an existing plan?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Hayashima said:
    Can I switch to this BF plan from an existing plan?

Q: Can I switch my plan to this promo?
    A: You can purchase a new promo and migrate your own data to it freely, but no action will be taken on our part to assist with the billing or migration when moving to a promo. It's nothing personal, it's just how we sustain promotions by relying on our automated systems, and promos are often entirely based on newly provisioned servers.
    Thanked by 3jar Hayashima webcraft
  • @jar Can I somehow backup emails, e.g. via ftp? Do you still offer owncloud that does not count towards the account size?

Thanked by 1jar
  • Still one of the best deal since 2018 for me.

Thanked by 2jar user123

@Hotmarer said:
    @jar Can I somehow backup emails, e.g. via ftp? Do you still offer owncloud that does not count towards the account size?

As of right now your DA credentials work for FTP. NextCloud does count toward quota now that it's integrated with Crossbox.

• @jcarlo9 said:

@Hayashima said:
    Can I switch to this BF plan from an existing plan?

Q: Can I switch my plan to this promo?
    > A: You can purchase a new promo and migrate your own data to it freely, but no action will be taken on our part to assist with the billing or migration when moving to a promo. It's nothing personal, it's just how we sustain promotions by relying on our automated systems, and promos are often entirely based on newly provisioned servers.

I was hoping I can just open a ticket and they could update the invoice for me. I am just too lazy to migrate all of the data.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited November 2021

@LTniger said:
    I just renewed my BF2018 deal for 10$/2 year. Only drawback that it is 2 GB disk space.

I have BF2020 deal for $5/year.
    It's the same 2GB capacity but I have 2x the chance of canceling.

@jar said:

My $5/year service has "next due date" being tomorrow, and there's no invoice generated.
    Are you breaking up with me?

• @yoursunny said:

@LTniger said:
    I just renewed my BF2018 deal for 10$/2 year. Only drawback that it is 2 GB disk space.

I have BF2020 deal for $5/year.
    It's the same 2GB capacity but I have 2x the chance of canceling.

@jar said:

@sgno1 said: No worries, do unpaid invoices get cleared themselves, or should I open a ticket for them

I'll take care of it.

My $5/year service has "next due date" being tomorrow, and there's no invoice generated.

Transfer it to me.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

Huh, my 5$ yearly BF from 2017 has Next Due Date: 2022-07-28
    How the hell did I get extra 8 months? :D
    Registration date is set to July 2021 - I guess it was something with new system and recreating account from scratch with a year expiration? You sure @jar you don't want my money this year? :D

• @jar said:

@Outdoor said: Hi, any reseller offers?

To be truthful, I'm not certain of how long it will be before I can offer another reseller promotion. It has been so incredibly successful that I struggle to keep stock of all three plans up at regular price.

looking forward to seeing reseller deals ,,, since last year

• cyagoncyagon Member
    edited November 2021

@jar said: This year we've added Afterlogic Pro

NICE! Thanks!
    I always found crossbox pretty clunky to use, and Roundcube does not support "unified inboxes" with multiple mail accounts.

• @yoursunny said:

Yes I noted that too, I also had an outstanding invoice from a BF2018 deal that I completely forgot to pay (due 23rd), it was only this thread that reminded me, as I'd not had a reminder/warning/suspension.

• @yoursunny said:

same here, but I looked into support the other day to find out how to pay for it, and it said "service will not stop for 90 days", so I think it's okay.