Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] New range released! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] New range released!

Comments

• @Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said: Fucking hate weekends.

If it's any consolation, I'm idling all of my BF dedis like a fucking champ right now, in your honour.

Slightly but I want my balls to glisten. That’s what I really want.

Also Poland sat 1 SYS available right now

• dann00dann00 Member, Patron Provider

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said: You haven’t pulled those strings. Still nothing.

Speak to @dann00 - he's probably got a few thousand servers by now, he's got @ninzo59 in the palm of his hand.

Hahaha hopefully you tagging him will get the ball rolling to 16TB club. Fingers crossed. Oh man 16 TB would make me so happy

I think we're up to around 350 servers now... once they put them back in stock on 10d wait I continued to order more :smile:

@Nekki said:

@plumberg said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @Nekki @plumberg when will it deliver!! It’s driving me nuts.

Calling it now, you’re getting 6TB disk and you’ll be the sole member of 24TB Club.

Pull some strings with your rep on the board and your old time SYS customer cred to make this happen.

If only, maybe speak to the guy who ordered 40+ of the BF SYS specials, he might have some pull.

Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah

Yeah, he resells them as part of some kind of game server package - @danny19, was it you?

We use them on our shared game hosting servers mostly for North America, we're moving a bunch of EU based hardware from OVH/SYS onto our own network/hardware in the UK.

That being said to be honest we can't even do a 7700k 64GB DDR4 with NVMe for like $45/mo on our owned hardware so It's a no brainer to just buy as many as possible.

I suspect we'll be waiting a while, each order contains 5 servers and this is just 1 page...

• @dann00 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

Speak to @dann00 - he's probably got a few thousand servers by now, he's got @ninzo59 in the palm of his hand.

Hahaha hopefully you tagging him will get the ball rolling to 16TB club. Fingers crossed. Oh man 16 TB would make me so happy

I think we're up to around 350 servers now... once they put them back in stock on 10d wait I continued to order more :smile:

@Nekki said:

@plumberg said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

Calling it now, you’re getting 6TB disk and you’ll be the sole member of 24TB Club.

Pull some strings with your rep on the board and your old time SYS customer cred to make this happen.

If only, maybe speak to the guy who ordered 40+ of the BF SYS specials, he might have some pull.

Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah

Yeah, he resells them as part of some kind of game server package - @danny19, was it you?

We use them on our shared game hosting servers mostly for North America, we're moving a bunch of EU based hardware from OVH/SYS onto our own network/hardware in the UK.

That being said to be honest we can't even do a 7700k 64GB DDR4 with NVMe for like $45/mo on our owned hardware so It's a no brainer to just buy as many as possible.

I suspect we'll be waiting a while, each order contains 5 servers and this is just 1 page...

God damn

• @dann00 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@Nekki said:

@plumberg said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah

And I was wondering why I wasnt able to grab one :*

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

If it's any consolation, I'm idling all of my BF dedis like a fucking champ right now, in your honour.

Any luck?

• @plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

Any luck?

Nah man nothing. Still waiting.

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

Any luck?

Outrageous.

• @Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

Any luck?

Outrageous.

Yes. The wait is getting stupidly long.

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

Any luck?

Outrageous.

I was joking, it’s the weekend so just bad luck. Go get something tasty to eat, watch a good movie, maybe find someone to rub genitals with and come back fresh on Monday GMT.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

Any luck?

Outrageous.

I was joking, it’s the weekend so just bad luck. Go get something tasty to eat, watch a good movie, maybe find someone to rub genitals with and come back fresh on Monday GMT.

Yeah I know. Just hoping for two miracles. Sunday delivery and 16TB

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

Any luck?

Outrageous.

Yeah I know. Just hoping for two miracles. Sunday delivery and 16TB

think of it like this: you have one wish free. would it rather be sunday delivery or 16TB ? make your (obvious) pick and you'll find waiting not so hard anymore ;-)

• I transferred my SYS server to another customer and the transfert was completed this morning ... so it seems SYS does work in the weekend ...

• @wlambrechts said:
    I transferred my SYS server to another customer and the transfert was completed this morning ... so it seems SYS does work in the weekend ...

Dude, we were just calming him down, now you’re hyping him back up again!

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited December 2021

Only 250Mb/s for 24 cores and 256GB RAM meh.....
    If you could upgrade it to 1Gbit it would be an awesome deal!

• @Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:
    I transferred my SYS server to another customer and the transfert was completed this morning ... so it seems SYS does work in the weekend ...

You betraying with all the lying? I thought this was the start of a beautiful LET friendship as soon as I put my balls on the table.

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

You betraying with all the lying? I thought this was the start of a beautiful LET friendship as soon as I put my balls on the table.

dun worry, your balls will be glistening and shining soon... with you coming in the 16tb club

• @jordynegen11 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

Nah, I’ve genuinely never heard of OVH doing admin support over a weekend.

• Not sure who initiated the transfert (tech support ?), but I guarantee that the server transfert when through in the night between Saturday and Sunday (European time).

Region is US: I have the impression this region has a quicker ticket response than the European.

• @Nekki said:

@jordynegen11 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

dun worry, your balls will be glistening and shining soon... with you coming in the 16tb club

So much hype that I cant stop checking my email. Holy shit never been such a prisoner to hyper that I willingly participated in.

• @TheBrokenBee said: So much hype that I cant stop checking my email. Holy shit never been such a prisoner to hyper that I willingly participated in.

haha, I just grabbed a SYS-2-SSD-32 in France the moment it became available. it got delivered instantly. I'd guess because you waited with the payment for a while, this is what now lead to the wait for provisioning.

about to install that box, let's see what CPU comes with it. most likely the NVMe won't receive any upgrade anyway (that'd be fun too though) ;-)

for the record, IPMI is available (usually do not need or care anyway)

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@jordynegen11 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

So much hype that I cant stop checking my email. Holy shit never been such a prisoner to hyper that I willingly participated in.

I’d assume it will be tomorrow my fingers are crossed for you boss

• haha, I just grabbed a SYS-2-SSD-32 in France the moment it became available. it got delivered instantly. I'd guess because you waited with the payment for a while, this is what now lead to the wait for provisioning.

Which DC please?

• @lebidule said:

haha, I just grabbed a SYS-2-SSD-32 in France the moment it became available. it got delivered instantly. I'd guess because you waited with the payment for a while, this is what now lead to the wait for provisioning.

Which DC please?

RBX, would rather have had GRA, but for France you'll have to take what they put you in I think.

here is a yabs:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-03                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun 05 Dec 2021 03:28:31 PM UTC

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1541 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 16 @ 800.280 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.3 GiB
    Swap       : 16.0 GiB
    Disk       : 404.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 414.32 MB/s (103.5k) | 443.05 MB/s   (6.9k)
    Write      | 415.41 MB/s (103.8k) | 445.38 MB/s   (6.9k)
    Total      | 829.73 MB/s (207.4k) | 888.43 MB/s  (13.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 445.84 MB/s    (870) | 437.97 MB/s    (427)
    Write      | 469.53 MB/s    (917) | 467.14 MB/s    (456)
    Total      | 915.38 MB/s   (1.7k) | 905.11 MB/s    (883)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 262 Mbits/sec   | 941 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 262 Mbits/sec   | 941 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 261 Mbits/sec   | 939 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 112 Mbits/sec   | 184 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 240 Mbits/sec   | 669 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 235 Mbits/sec   | 714 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 229 Mbits/sec   | 644 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 219 Mbits/sec   | 469 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 775                           
    Multi Core      | 5445                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11438336

NVMes are INTEL SSDPE2MX450G7, both around 20k power-on hours, usage far below TBW (around 25% and 10%), so looks all quite good. no win in the speed limit lottery though 🤷‍♂️

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@jordynegen11 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

Any luck? Is your F5 key still working?

• @plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@jordynegen11 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

Nada. Nothing. Nothing at all.

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@jordynegen11 said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

@plumberg said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Nekki said:

@wlambrechts said:

Nada. Nothing. Nothing at all.

There there! It will work out fine.

• Wish they would increase network speeds. Cell phones are able to get faster speeds!

• @doughnet said: Wish they would increase network speeds. Cell phones are able to get faster speeds!

How much does your cell plan cost per month vs your dedicated server?

• @doughnet said:
    Wish they would increase network speeds. Cell phones are able to get faster speeds!

Just out of curiosity - what would you do with the extra network speed that you can't do now?

• @OsirisBlack said:

@doughnet said:
    Wish they would increase network speeds. Cell phones are able to get faster speeds!

Just out of curiosity - what would you do with the extra network speed that you can't do now?

I’m always curious to this when people complain