Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] New range released! - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] New range released!

Comments

• @miu said:

@Nekki said:
    If only, maybe speak to the guy who ordered 40+ of the BF SYS specials, he might have some pull.
    Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah
    Yeah, he resells them as part of some kind of game server package - @danny19, was it you?

if it is truth imo in such cases (when greedy ppl do not know when should stop themself and their intended speculations), OVH should stop them and return such servers back into pool to be available for other ppl (all, not only one speculator)

Why? What's wrong to legitimately have a business of reselling? This does not seem to be but for $x and sell for $y... its more like a service provided...

• @miu said:

@Nekki said:
    If only, maybe speak to the guy who ordered 40+ of the BF SYS specials, he might have some pull.
    Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah
    Yeah, he resells them as part of some kind of game server package - @danny19, was it you?

if it is truth imo in such cases (when greedy ppl do not know when should stop themself and their intended speculations), OVH should stop them and return such servers back into pool to be available for other ppl (all, not only one speculator)

OVH give zero shits, business is business.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @plumberg said:

@miu said:

@Nekki said:
    Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah

Why? What's wrong to legitimately have a business of reselling? This does not seem to be but for $x and sell for $y... its more like a service provided...

Because seems to me that would be more fair if more ppl can make fun from it (not only 1 person or company). But no problem, u do no tmust agree with my opinions, of course.

• @miu said:

@Nekki said:
    Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah

I don't think it's easy to determine who is greedy and who is actually using them.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @Nekki said:

@miu said:

@Nekki said:
    Huh? 40+ servers??? Woah

OVH give zero shits, business is business.

Sure truth. (I am already not so naive that think that OVH will resolve such things.. (when they are not able reply on tickets several days) For them is most important sell all and make it paid), exactly sa u said business is business

• @Falzo said:

@wuck said:

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 775
    Multi Core | 5445
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11438336

NVMes are INTEL SSDPE2MX450G7, both around 20k power-on hours, usage far below TBW (around 25% and 10%), so looks all quite good. no win in the speed limit lottery though 🤷‍♂️

If u ever feel like you dont need it anymore... :*

hehe, good to know. chances are low, but if GRA comes my way in the next few days, I might feel lucky for another gamble... I ordered quarterly to spare on the setup fee though, so might instead just keep it already.

Yea I did the same quarterly but went with a SYS-3-SSD-32 (got a RBX one) but for my usage I'd rather having more core

• @wuck said:

@Falzo said:

@wuck said:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 775
    Multi Core | 5445

NVMes are INTEL SSDPE2MX450G7, both around 20k power-on hours, usage far below TBW (around 25% and 10%), so looks all quite good. no win in the speed limit lottery though 🤷‍♂️

hehe, good to know. chances are low, but if GRA comes my way in the next few days, I might feel lucky for another gamble... I ordered quarterly to spare on the setup fee though, so might instead just keep it already.

Yea I did the same quarterly but went with a SYS-3-SSD-32 (got a RBX one) but for my usage I'd rather having more core

What you using it for if you don’t mind me asking

• @allthemtings said:

@wuck said:

@Falzo said:

@wuck said:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 775
    Multi Core | 5445

What you using it for if you don’t mind me asking

Handling backend api for ios/android app with a good amount of socket for maps/chat function is the usage mostly, using centminmod, nedata and umami on the server

Thanked by 1allthemtings
  • People getting new servers delivered and I still have mine stuck after validation.

• SYS 1 France now available

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • @TheBrokenBee said:
    SYS 1 France now available

Aaaaaaand gone,

"Sorry, this server is being restocked."

• @ThracianDog said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    SYS 1 France now available

Aaaaaaand gone,

"Sorry, this server is being restocked."

Still available - https://www.soyoustart.com/us/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=2201sys01

• ThracianDogThracianDog Member
    edited December 2021

Oops.....how embarrassing. I was looking at the SYS-2. Thanks

• SYS2 available in Canada!

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • @allthemtings said:
    SYS2 available in Canada!

Got one!

• @ThracianDog said:

@allthemtings said:
    SYS2 available in Canada!

Got one!

Any location but Canada and I would of

• @allthemtings said:

Yeah I needed a Canada one, else I would have joined the race for the 16TB club. :disappointed:

• wuckwuck Member
    edited December 2021

Still looking for a SYS2SSD (fr/ger) :*

• @ThracianDog said:

@allthemtings said:

Yeah I needed a Canada one, else I would have joined the race for the 16TB club. :disappointed:

What location are they popping up?

• @allthemtings said:

??? What do you mean?

• @ThracianDog said:

@allthemtings said:

??? What do you mean?

What locations have been getting the 16tb?

• @allthemtings said:

France. Didn't score 4x4TB or Gbps up but I did manage to get D-1541. Still a win :smiley:

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited December 2021

I have France pre-ordered(KS-LE & SYS-01-SAT), payment by December 12. maybe I should try my luck, in any case the demand is high and I can make a transfer to someone

• @allthemtings said:

@ThracianDog said:

@allthemtings said:

??? What do you mean?

France and Germany I am aware of :)

• Does anyone know if SYS allow to cancel newly bought server ? I was offered good SYS-2 transfert so I was wondering

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited December 2021

@wuck said:
    Does anyone know if SYS allow to cancel newly bought server ? I was offered good SYS-2 transfert so I was wondering

16TB with 1Gbps? If someone doesn't need it I'll take it too :smile:

• @ThracianDog said:

@allthemtings said:

France. Didn't score 4x4TB or Gbps up but I did manage to get D-1541. Still a win :smiley:

Did you get free ipmi in Canada?

• @plumberg said:

@ThracianDog said:

@allthemtings said:

Did you get free ipmi in Canada?

Yas

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • david_Wdavid_W Member
    edited December 2021

From first batch of SYS-2-SAT-32 available in BHS. Not as exciting as my KS-LE order from today. Only got a slightly upgraded CPU and 250Mbps external uplink. However the 10Gbps link is very interesting... :D

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-03                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon Dec  6 19:54:46 EST 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1541 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 16 @ 831.428 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 235 Mbits/sec   | 1.62 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 232 Mbits/sec   | 1.30 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 230 Mbits/sec   | 1.58 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 146 Mbits/sec   | 377 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 243 Mbits/sec   | 3.96 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 232 Mbits/sec   | 898 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 228 Mbits/sec   | 1.81 Gbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 221 Mbits/sec   | 1.15 Gbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 229 Mbits/sec   | 1.79 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 225 Mbits/sec   | 1.44 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 227 Mbits/sec   | 1.71 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 110 Mbits/sec   | 300 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 239 Mbits/sec   | 3.76 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 224 Mbits/sec   | 1.41 Gbits/sec 

Running GB5 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*^R
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 740                           
    Multi Core      | 5184                          

#Disks
    Model Family:     Hitachi/HGST Ultrastar 7K4000
    Device Model:     HGST HUS724020ALA640
    User Capacity:    2,000,398,934,016 bytes [2.00 TB]
    Rotation Rate:    7200 rpm
    Form Factor:      3.5 inches
    SATA Version is:  SATA 3.0, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 6.0 Gb/s)
    root@rescue:~# smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   093   093   000    Old_age   Always       -       49796
    root@rescue:~# smartctl -a /dev/sdb | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   095   095   000    Old_age   Always       -       38129
    root@rescuesmartctl -a /dev/sdc | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   095   095   000    Old_age   Always       -       38319
    root@rescue:~# smartctl -a /dev/sdd | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   095   095   000    Old_age   Always       -       38972

#NIC
    Settings for eth2:
        Supported ports: [ TP ]
        Supported link modes:   1000baseT/Full 
                                10000baseT/Full 
        Supported pause frame use: Symmetric
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  1000baseT/Full 
                                10000baseT/Full 
        Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 10000Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: Twisted Pair

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @david_W said:
    From first batch of SYS-2-SAT-32 available in BHS. Not as exciting as my KS-LE order from today. Only got a slightly upgraded CPU and 250Mbps external uplink. However the 10Gbps link is very interesting... :D

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-03                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon Dec  6 19:54:46 EST 2021

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1541 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 16 @ 831.428 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 235 Mbits/sec   | 1.62 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 232 Mbits/sec   | 1.30 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 230 Mbits/sec   | 1.58 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 146 Mbits/sec   | 377 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 243 Mbits/sec   | 3.96 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 232 Mbits/sec   | 898 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 228 Mbits/sec   | 1.81 Gbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 221 Mbits/sec   | 1.15 Gbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 229 Mbits/sec   | 1.79 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 225 Mbits/sec   | 1.44 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 227 Mbits/sec   | 1.71 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 110 Mbits/sec   | 300 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 239 Mbits/sec   | 3.76 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 224 Mbits/sec   | 1.41 Gbits/sec 

Running GB5 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*^R
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 740                           
    Multi Core      | 5184                          

#Disks
    Model Family:     Hitachi/HGST Ultrastar 7K4000
    Device Model:     HGST HUS724020ALA640
    User Capacity:    2,000,398,934,016 bytes [2.00 TB]
    Rotation Rate:    7200 rpm
    Form Factor:      3.5 inches
    SATA Version is:  SATA 3.0, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 6.0 Gb/s)
    root@rescue:~# smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   093   093   000    Old_age   Always       -       49796
    root@rescue:~# smartctl -a /dev/sdb | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   095   095   000    Old_age   Always       -       38129
    root@rescuesmartctl -a /dev/sdc | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   095   095   000    Old_age   Always       -       38319
    root@rescue:~# smartctl -a /dev/sdd | grep Power_On_Hours
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   095   095   000    Old_age   Always       -       38972

#NIC
    Settings for eth2:
      Supported ports: [ TP ]
      Supported link modes:   1000baseT/Full 
                              10000baseT/Full 
      Supported pause frame use: Symmetric
      Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
      Advertised link modes:  1000baseT/Full 
                              10000baseT/Full 
      Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
      Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
      Speed: 10000Mb/s