Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner increases pricing ips - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner increases pricing ips

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Very nice.

Thanked by 1MrH
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@MikePT said:
    Cloud Servers price is changing too, it's a small change, I'm fine about it tbh.

@MikePT when did you get that mail? so far I haven't seen or received that - yet I do have a few CPX11 ...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited July 2021

@deank said:
    Very nice.

Nah. Hetzner is still good.

The price increase was coming.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited July 2021

@deank said:
    Nah. Hetzner is still good.

The price increase was coming.

If you're not a business customer, the price increase (except the setup) can be okay-ish. As business customer with 1000+ IPs, one has to re-evaluate the whole business-model when you're with hetzner.

So no, Hetzners pricing is not good anymore. What made Hetzner stand out were the extreme good prices, now those are gone and the "bad" network (routing, no /48s etc) still exists. So ... its time to move on again.

Sure, keep on moving.

Thanked by 2Thundas 0xbkt
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@jammy said:

@v3ng said:

@MikePT said:
    Cloud Servers price is changing too, it's a small change, I'm fine about it tbh.

Product Price per month / hour up until now Price per month / hour, effective 1 Sept 2021
    Cloud Servers:
    CX11 2.49€ / 0.004€ 3.49€ / 0.0055€
    CPX11 3.49€ / 0.006€ 3.99€ / 0.0065€

Existing Cloud Servers are not affected by this price adjustment. Please note that these prices also apply to rescaling, effective September 1, 2021.

Where did you read about that?

Hetzner sent out an email (presumably to customers with floating IPs and/or CX11 servers)

I didn't get that mail yet... however, @MikePT left out the more interesting part:

Product        Price per month now  /  from 1 Aug 2021
    Floating IP:   IPv4         1€               3€

Existing Floating IPs are not affected by this price adjustment.
    Thanked by 2eris MikePT
  • OVH next.

Yeah, and I am eagerly waiting for deadpool drama.

This place has been way too quiet as of late.

• eriseris Member

For the low end "provider" this might be the end for 2/3 euro/dollar VPS in the Hetzner network.

IP adresses go for about 45 dollar / Ip address for a /24. No wonder Hetzner has to increase their prices..

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2021

@FAT32 said: Meanwhile OVH still doing one-time fee...

Not like OVH has ever just decided on a whim to stop the one-time fees in the past and start charging everyone on a new monthly structure regardless of any existing deal.

Oh wait..

Thanked by 2seriesn catatonic

Another fire for OVH would be nice.

• CybrCybr Member

Setup fees on servers, monthly IP costs and poor DDoS protection are the main reasons I have so many OVH dedis and so few Hetzner ones. This new IP pricing will just make me even less inclined to use Hetzner in future.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • tjntjn Member

@Hetzner_OL seriously? 19€ to just setup an IP?
    That's really steep!

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Are they applying this to existing services or just new?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said: Are they applying this to existing services or just new?

Both

• tjntjn Member

From the email they sent:

Starting on 2 August 2021, there will be a setup fee for new orders for additional IPv4 addresses (See below).

Starting on 3 January 2022, the monthly price for new and existing additional IPv4 addresses will also increase (See below).

@Clouvider please don't tell me you'll be doing the same... 😅

@Mr_Tom said:

@Clouvider said: Are they applying this to existing services or just new?

Both

I guess it’s time for the refugee offers then.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Clouvider said: I guess it’s time for the refugee offers then.

I am listening...

Thanked by 3webcraft iKeyZ Ympker
  • LeeLee Veteran

Nice though, means a ton of stock coming back in.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited July 2021

Quite easy actually. That's what happens when you DONT have the French gov pouring in millions of euros into your business.

That being said - @Hetzner_OL

You might want to let the big guys know this is a dick move.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited July 2021

@Falzo said: I didn't get that mail yet

Here it is:

Important customer information: Price adjustment for new CX11 und CPX11 and Floating IPv4 addresses

Dear Client
    from the moment we launched Hetzner Cloud in 2018 we have continuously been working on expanding our platform and offering you an excellent price/performance ratio in cloud computing. Unfortunately, the prices to acquire IPv4 addresses have since increased dramatically and we have no choice but to respond. For a long time now, the pool of available IPv4 addresses has been almost empty at RIPE, the European IP address management agency. That's why RIPE stopped assigning IPv4 nets. Because of this situation, there is now a fast-growing market in IPv4 address trading with many active brokers, such as on https://ipv4.global/reports/. Supply and demand determine the price at IPv4 brokers, so the prices have skyrocketed.

We have tried hard to avoid passing on these higher prices to our customers, and have accepted the economic loss until now. However, the prices have increased so dramatically that we can no longer do this. We unfortunately must increase our prices.

Starting on 1 August 2021, the price for newly created Floating IPs (IPv4) will be increased as stated below.

Starting on 1 September 2021, the price for newly created Cloud Servers (CX11 and CPX11) will be increased as stated below.

Product     Price per month / hour up until now     Price per month / hour, effective 1 Sept 2021
    Cloud Servers:
    CX11    2.963€ / 0.00476€   4.153€ / 0.006545€
    CPX11   4.153€ / 0.00714€   4.748€ / 0.007735€

Existing Cloud Servers are not affected by this price adjustment. Please note that these prices also apply to rescaling, effective September 1, 2021.

Product     Price per month up until now    Price per month, effective 1 Aug 2021
    Floating IP:
    IPv4    1.19€   3.57€

Existing Floating IPs are not affected by this price adjustment.

All prices incl. 19% VAT.

Demand for IPv4 addresses will likely remain very high. And we will need to continue to purchase nets. We assume that the prices for IPv4 addresses will continue to rise, and that we will also need to increase our prices again in the future. Prices for IPv4 will likely remain high until after IPv6 has become much more popular.

We are confident that this is still a good price/performance ratio and hope for your understanding.

If you have any questions, we are happy to help. To open a support request, please go to the menu item Settings on your Cloud Console. We hope that you continue to place your trust in us as we are constantly working to expand our services and you can look forward to several new features that are already on our roadmap. 

PS: This sucks big time.

• @Hetzner_OL
    After this update you will have probably highest prices on market for additional IPs (considering setup fees) plus huge wtf from current customers. That's what you want? Sucks, dicks, fucks next to "hetzner" on every hosting forum you can find?
    How its going to affect hetzner brand perception?

Thanked by 1fLoo

What do you expect @Hetzner-OL do here?

• All the people having tons of cheap ips are now panicking cause they can no longer find a provider with cheap ip except for ovh. :D

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

Looks like new Hetzner Cloud VPS costs will rise too, expectedly.

• @Ahfaiahkid said:
    All the people having tons of cheap ips are now panicking cause they can no longer find a provider with cheap ip except for ovh. :D

Do you know any other provider that charges 19 EUR setup fee for an IP address? Because this is what people are mostly disappointed about.

Thanked by 1fLoo

@kalimov622 said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    All the people having tons of cheap ips are now panicking cause they can no longer find a provider with cheap ip except for ovh. :D

Do you know any other provider that charges 19 EUR setup fee for an IP address? Because this is what people are mostly disappointed about.

I suppose Hetzner run out of the cushion of the IPs they had and with the high cost of acquisition they don't want to risk it with long ROI.

@Falzo said:

@Clouvider said: I guess it’s time for the refugee offers then.

I am listening...

Well :) We're not increasing our pricing : >

I'll check our stocks in Germany and see what we can do though =)

• LeeLee Veteran

Hetzner is not going to suffer here, no idea why anyone thinks they will.

The amount of people that want their hardware, at the price they offer it without the need for more than one or even just a few IPs outweighs anything else. They know this.

The option is painfully being narrowed for some of kiddie hosts out there.

It's just .... beautiful to see them suffer.