Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner increases pricing ips
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner increases pricing ips

eriseris Member
edited July 2021 in General

Product Previous price /
Previous setup New monthly price on 3 Jan 2022 /

https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing

:|

Comments

• The setup fee is just awkward...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Seen it.

The increase is huge and the setup fee is simply hilarious for single IP's or subnets, it's ridiculous.

Wasn't expecting this from them tbh.
    Granted, they can increase the IP pricing, which isn't cheap already for RIPE IP's, but the new pricing, not only is way too high, as the setup cost is completely ridiculous.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Meanwhile OVH still doing one-time fee...

• @FAT32 said:

Premium IP.. 😁

• @FAT32 said:

6000€ setup for /24 subnet. Thats great. Hopefully some other providers adapt to this trend. I want to charge our clients the same. If one need a fresh /24 subnet I can offer for just 5k setup special price :)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

19euro setup fee per IP + monthly pay is ridiculous :neutral:

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • eriseris Member

Granted, they can increase the IP pricing, which isn't cheap already for RIPE IP's, but the new pricing, not only is way too high, as the setup cost is completely ridiculous.

I can totally understand as the prices of ipv4 is rising a lot. But the setup fee of 19 euro / IP ..

Say goodbye to the 2 euro VPS server hosted by Hetzner ..

Thanked by 1MrH
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Do they still charge for /56 or /48 IPv6?

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

2€ per IPv4? Fine, was expecting that already.
    But 19€ setup.....

Thanked by 1MrH
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Cloud Servers price is changing too, it's a small change, I'm fine about it tbh.

Product Price per month / hour up until now Price per month / hour, effective 1 Sept 2021
    Cloud Servers:
    CX11 2.49€ / 0.004€ 3.49€ / 0.0055€
    CPX11 3.49€ / 0.006€ 3.99€ / 0.0065€

Existing Cloud Servers are not affected by this price adjustment. Please note that these prices also apply to rescaling, effective September 1, 2021.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Let's see how many of my cheap VPS will disappear after this price change...

@MikePT said:
    Cloud Servers price is changing too, it's a small change, I'm fine about it tbh.

Product Price per month / hour up until now Price per month / hour, effective 1 Sept 2021
    Cloud Servers:

Existing Cloud Servers are not affected by this price adjustment. Please note that these prices also apply to rescaling, effective September 1, 2021.

Where did you read about that?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@MikePT said: it's a small change, I'm fine about it tbh.

Cloud Servers:

A small change by +40%?

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • jammyjammy Member

@v3ng said:

@MikePT said:

Cloud Servers:

Hetzner sent out an email (presumably to customers with floating IPs and/or CX11 servers)

shit.. but still a good deal imo

• AndruAndru Member

@v3ng said:

@MikePT said:

Cloud Servers:

Got this e-mail too.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Woops, sorry for the duplicate @FAT32 , I just got the email in my inbox a couple of minutes ago. Thought I was being quick!

Thanked by 2FAT32 Ympker
  • StrypStryp Member
    edited July 2021

Maybe @eris could add the table in human readable form into the OP (feel free to use my domain's bandwidth)?

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

Good news for other server providers I guess.

• nvmenvme Member

The setup fee is what you'd pay for buying IP.

• eriseris Member

You have to pay both:
    1 setup fee of 19 euro + 2 euro a month / ip

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited July 2021

I have a feeling Hetzner is going to lose a lot of Dedicated Server customers because of this move.. and 5000 euro setup for a /24, what the actual fuck did they consume when coming up with that pricing point?

Thanked by 2SeederKun Cybr
  • krypskryps Member

I wonder if people will be mass-ordering IPs in the next few days. The setup fee will be charged starting next Monday...

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Gee... When i first read it i thought it is a mistake...

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

another thing is, will they provide proper /48 IPv6 subnets to dedicated servers. 🤔

Thanked by 1SeederKun
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@kryps said:
    I wonder if people will be mass-ordering IPs in the next few days. The setup fee will be charged starting next Monday...

yeah, obviously, if you expect to rent more IPs within the next 10 month anyway, it might be cheaper to get them now already. BUT, you have (and had) to provide proper justification when ordering, so trying to hoard most likely will get your request rejected ...

• I get that they do this for the business market and it would also be great for further IPv6 implementation, but the setup costs are still absurd if you're just a normal consumer that wants to use and learn routing or something like that..

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Can I order cloud servers without public IPs?

• eriseris Member

No not yet..

• FalzoFalzo Member

@FoxelVox said: if you're just a normal consumer that wants to use and learn routing or something like that

those are probably not their target audience then.

while I obviously also hate to have to spent more, it's far from being absurd but the correct economical decision to regulate demand and cost/work involved (f.i. with cleaning up after abuse) via pricing.