Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hotlineservers are down - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hotlineservers are down

Comments

• @taizi said:
    so he is alive,lmao

Yes, he is, https://wl.hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/b496f75e54e588520a7f6379ed46dbb1/ 404, deleted manually.

@skorupion said:
    so you are saying that @DataIdeas-Josh is a scammer and dogy?

Another questionable provider. @DataIdeas-Josh let's wait when you'll run away.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:

@taizi said:
    so he is alive,lmao

Yes, he is, https://wl.hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/b496f75e54e588520a7f6379ed46dbb1/ 404, deleted manually.

@skorupion said:

Another questionable provider. @DataIdeas-Josh let's wait when you'll run away.

So @alexvolk you are saying I am questionable???

@skorupion said:

@dahartigan said:

@yanling said:

@dahartigan said:
    @yanling said:

My Saas CRM is still in Hotlineservers,
    Oh My data !!!
    My client is very angry ,
    Heavy losses

Initiate backup restore procedures immediately!

I will never buy any VPS that businesses not support PayPal in the future

That's an excellent idea. If a business doesn't accept PayPal, it doesn't matter what excuse they provide, it's because either their PayPal account has been restricted due to dodgy behavior or they are just plain scammers.

Oh yes daddy. Call me a dogy scammer again?! >:)

Calling @seriesn because why not. :wink:

Hahahahhahaa. Anyways. We have done our best to keep our clients happy. I personally have yet to seen someone get so mad at us to make a thread on here that couldn't be resolved peacefully.

Alot of the hosting industry has issues with PayPal. Due to Hosting in its nature is "high risk". Even banks consider it high risk.

Now on the topic of PayPal. We have actually gotten our account back.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@alexvolk said: Another questionable provider. @DataIdeas-Josh let's wait when you'll run away.

That man's a saint, dont' drag him into here :P

Francisco

Thanked by 2DataIdeas-Josh iKeyZ
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2021

@DataIdeas-Josh said: Calling @seriesn because why not.

Now that we know Brian is alive (since he manually deleted hetrixtools), I have no regrets.

Come abroad. No need to cancel. Send invoice payment confirmation email screenshot and you gucci!

Deadpooling isn't bad. Doing it the wrong way is. Harambe did nothing wrong. Blame
    Obama.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @deank said:
    Somebody, register lowendreguees.com

Do you English?

• Hotlineservers has been renamed to Offlineservers.

Thanked by 2GOBBLES notarobo
  • Next: Involucration of provider tag.

• @dahartigan said:
    Hotlineservers has been renamed to Offlineservers.

If there was an actual company carrying the name Offlineservers.. do u think people would still buy? :p

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @GOBBLES said:

@dahartigan said:
    Hotlineservers has been renamed to Offlineservers.

If there was an actual company carrying the name Offlineservers.. do u think people would still buy? :p

On LET? No question in my mind.

• Guys... Any update on brian?

• @Sanjue007 said:
    Guys... Any update on brian?

Brian scammed us all. I now have to offer each of my clients free website building and free billing to compensate

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 dahartigan
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited July 2021

@stephfd21 said:

I now have to offer each of my clients free website building and free billing to compensate

happens if you promise things to your clients that you miss to live up to. it is no one elses fault that you did not think about fallback options or worst case scenarios.

see. no 'brian' in that sentence. yes he went MIA and probably his desaster planning is as bad as yours. if he does not reappear and compensate it can be called a scam.

but that's the only difference. you are just one step away from the same situation in regards to your clients. so I'd rather keep my mouth shut instead of complaining.

• @skorupion said:

@dahartigan said:

@yanling said:

@dahartigan said:
    @yanling said:

My Saas CRM is still in Hotlineservers,
    Oh My data !!!
    My client is very angry ,
    Heavy losses

Initiate backup restore procedures immediately!

I will never buy any VPS that businesses not support PayPal in the future

That's an excellent idea. If a business doesn't accept PayPal, it doesn't matter what excuse they provide, it's because either their PayPal account has been restricted due to dodgy behavior or they are just plain scammers.

Lol no. I'm saying petrol + polystyrene = napalm.

• ouvounouvoun Member
    edited July 2021

You hate to see it. I was running on monthly payment because I was a little suspicious that this would happen. Quite honestly I kinda forgot I even had service, because it was stable enough. Too bad — seemed like he was trying to make something good.

Still, an exit scam is an exit scam.

Glad my backup strategy is nailed down at this point and I can restore my containers pretty easily. Using a Vultr node for now until maybe some tasty 4th deals pop up.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • lowendinglowending Member
    edited July 2021

@stephfd21 said:

@Sanjue007 said:
    Guys... Any update on brian?

Brian scammed us all. I now have to offer each of my clients free website building and free billing to compensate

The right thing to do.

1. Announce;
    2. Give a few days, weeks for users to find new servers;
    3. Refund pro-rated amount;
    4. Close.

The scam thing to do.

1. Shutdown;
    2. Systematically cleanse all evidence of business;
    3. Make no announcement;
    4. Take money and run.

Not sure if this address is accurate (but Chicago seems right), from a host directory (looks like a post office):

Hotlineservers
    Address: 433 W Harrison St #5409
    SMB #9648
    Chicago IL 60699
    United States

Phone:2246569297
    Fax:N/A

• I'm concerned that Brian ran away with our money, I was paying for 15+ servers monthly which totaled to around 500$~, A few of my invoices were paid but the rest hasn't been luckily. All me or anyone could do is wait and if it indeed is a scam then we can't do anything that major considering we barely had any information

• @AshTheTrash said: I was paying for 15+ servers monthly which totaled to around 500$~

Jesus, there's a good chance you were keeping him afloat. If you have paid via CC, my strongest advice to you would be to arrange a chargeback. You've been significantly more impacted than anyone else (as far as it goes, you hold the record for highest spender with him).

There are much better and more stable places to spend that money - my advice would be to start a new thread with your requirements and let the hive mind point you in the right direction.

• JioJio Member

Damn amateurs, you are supposed to exit scam at the end of summer not the start of summer!!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jio said:
    Damn amateurs, you are supposed to exit scam at the end of summer not the start of summer!!

Think we can get a new category on speedrun.com ?

Francisco

• @dahartigan said:

@AshTheTrash said: I was paying for 15+ servers monthly which totaled to around 500$~

Jesus, there's a good chance you were keeping him afloat. If you have paid via CC, my strongest advice to you would be to arrange a chargeback. You've been significantly more impacted than anyone else (as far as it goes, you hold the record for highest spender with him).

There are much better and more stable places to spend that money - my advice would be to start a new thread with your requirements and let the hive mind point you in the right direction.

Let's wait until this weekend and if not I'll make a thread. He did give me really good service considering me considered me a "VIP" because of so many purchases. Only reason i liked hotline so much was because it somewhat gave good service because brian would give instant replies to my tickets and stuff, When dedicated servers didn't exist i asked him for custom servers and he arranged that for me and gave me a whole Ryzen 9 3900x + 16gb + 512GB SSD all just for 40$ a month, And yes the whole dedicated cpu was mine. Now that's really an unbeatable price as I've been searching for hours on top of hours and least i could find was 120$ for same specs if not more.

• @AshTheTrash said:

@dahartigan said:

@AshTheTrash said: I was paying for 15+ servers monthly which totaled to around 500$~

Let's wait until this weekend and if not I'll make a thread. He did give me really good service considering me considered me a "VIP" because of so many purchases. Only reason i liked hotline so much was because it somewhat gave good service because brian would give instant replies to my tickets and stuff, When dedicated servers didn't exist i asked him for custom servers and he arranged that for me and gave me a whole Ryzen 9 3900x + 16gb + 512GB SSD all just for 40$ a month, And yes the whole dedicated cpu was mine. Now that's really an unbeatable price as I've been searching for hours on top of hours and least i could find was 120$ for same specs if not more.

Believe me, I know that a good deal is hard to pass up. I'm hoping that moving forward, you face little impact when it comes to restoring from your backups, etc.

• JioJio Member

@AshTheTrash said: whole Ryzen 9 3900x + 16gb + 512GB SSD all just for 40$ a month

Him other offers also include $4/m 2 dedicated cores, which feels like ludicrously involucratable pricing

• Well, anyone who consistently has $4/m for 2 dedicated cores of anything is asking for trouble. Constant 40% off promos is a recipe for disaster. Not accepting PayPal after coming back from a previous exit, a red flag if there ever was one.

The first time round, his customers were saved by the good grace of @seriesn who (I can only assume here) took some sort of hit over that, what I understand is there was no money exchanged. Pure humanity from @seriesn <3

I also understand hotlineservers skipped out on paying his upstream providers, just like a certain doc did, but then has the audacity to come back months later like nothing's happened, his mess was cleaned up by @seriesn and he's got new deals with new providers but this time no PayPal and when I call him out he's trying to play it down.

Plus... there's an elephant in the room that nobody is talking about here, but lets just say that there's an awfully "convenient" line of excuses and cards he could play, given the circumstances..

This had a foul stench from the start..

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Yeah his pricing seemed very unbelievable and i have no idea how he even held everything together for so long, i always thought he should be in loss because of the best pricing

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@dahartigan said:

What beef do you have with me and my services?

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@dahartigan said:

What beef do you have with me and my services?

None at all. That @skorupion was the one who suggested that, not me. I assume you don't accept PayPal and that's why @skorupion mentioned you?

• Has anyone heard back from the provider?

• @malignify said:
    Has anyone heard back from the provider?

deadpooled.com

• @chocolateshirt said:

@malignify said:
    Has anyone heard back from the provider?

deadpooled.com

• I cannot visit hotlineservers.com since my LA vps was down