Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hotlineservers are down - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hotlineservers are down

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:
    Y'all need a new provider. Honestly, there's some awesome deals in my aff garden under $20/year from an actual provider.

Would stay away from anyone this guy endorses. Probably the only poster on here with a history of supporting the bad apples.

Her signature on the other forum is:
    "Repped HostDoc and fought for HostSolutions til the last drop of my blood"

Just $xxx / year.. WOW!!!

Damn.. I hate those words..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:
    Y'all need a new provider. Honestly, there's some awesome deals in my aff garden under $20/year from an actual provider.

Would stay away from anyone this guy endorses. Probably the only poster on here with a history of supporting the bad apples.

Your PMS has been doubled.

• @dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:

I have doubled your bandwidth..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:

I have doubled your bandwidth..

I have doubled your invoice..

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • I've made some pretty shitty decisions too. However all the others at least said when they were gonna Deadpool and I guess I came to believe that was the norm.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited June 2021

I have got a personal update from the hotline:

No reports found!

Go check it https://wl.hetrixtools.com/r/fe8a12c8e7abb8d244a4f22eb2c825c3/

@HBAndrei is there any reason why such errors are given? Did your customer deleted monitored servers intentionally or it's deleted due to non-payment?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @alexvolk said: No reports found!

I reckon he took the servers off there because they no longer exist, or soon won't exist.

Ya can't monitor what ya can't see, ya know?

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited June 2021

@yoursunny said:

@corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:

Eh. You might want to read all the Deadpool topic to understand where that came from.

As for the provider. He already almost deadpooled once before this anyway so no news. Sorry to say but you can't keep hiding behind health issues every time. I can especially remember the non-sustainable offers he did the first time around. 4 DEDICATED cores and 8gigs of ram for 6.53 a month. That lasted 2 months until the email came in "Hotlineservers merging with Nexusbytes"

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @WebHorizon said:
    ...messaged Brian @hotlineservers on skype...
    Just hope he's doing good, with his health.

What's up with your MIA/LAX NAT VPS? Mine have been down 24hrs.

• Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

@justchil said:

@WebHorizon said:

Please follow here, they will be moved to a different server soon.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

He was last active on the 26th of June. His HetrixTools monitoring is completely dead now. Seems and looks like he is healthy, just decided to shut down his service with no talk about it.

Might aswell start fresh with a clean server from Central.so :smile:

Thanked by 2dahartigan Lurkrazy
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@alexvolk said:

No reports found!

@HBAndrei is there any reason why such errors are given? Did your customer deleted monitored servers intentionally or it's deleted due to non-payment?

It just means the reports were either removed from the status page or deleted completely by the user. We do not delete monitors for non-payment.

Cheers.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • They were saying last week that they are getting new hardware in Chicago and will be shifting to new DC soon as the NYC DC has heating issues on the racks and all that.

very sad... had only one server after testing waters for 3 months...I had just put a production app on it mid June only.

• @WebHorizon said:

@justchil said:

@WebHorizon said:

Please follow here, they will be moved to a different server soon.

Thank you!

• taizitaizi Member

@HBAndrei said:

@alexvolk said:

No reports found!

It just means the reports were either removed from the status page or deleted completely by the user. We do not delete monitors for non-payment.

Cheers.

so he is alive,lmao

• Is it time for refugee offers yet?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Somebody, register lowendreguees.com

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Sanjue007 said:
    Is this gonna be a mega thread? Like cociu's 100 pages?

Depends on which way is @jsg gonna swing on this one :-)

I only have this:

• My - rather speculative - guess is that the provider (Hotline) had two event routes collide in a very unlucky way, (a) switching from rented dedis to colocated own hw and being almost there that is, far enough to cancel all his dedis, changing routing, IPs, etc. because his own servers were in place. And (b) his health problems striking and striking hard at the most unfortunate moment, which btw. also would be an acceptable explanation for his not saying anything so far.
    • From the outside this looks like a copy of the HS involucration disaster. On the inside it's probably not (see above) but still, nodes and systems going offline anf no information at all from the provider does look like an involucration clusterf_ck.
    • The thing I find most interesting is the fact that there are (almost) no bad words about or cursing against the provider in this case and in fact a considerable level of compassion (and even "pray for him"). This is not to say that's bad, possibly quite the contrary, but it seems noteworthy in the context of how @cociu got treated almost from the start.
    • One of his customers deleted all backups and got caught when trying to make a new backup after deleting his existing backups. Smart move .. immediately followed by massive pain.

@stephfd21
    Sorry but from what I see you are the utterly careless idiot, not Hotline. He seems to have tried his best to be a good provider, you however played funny lottery with your clients data. That's just because you were out of disk space, you say? Well, then tell your clients that they and their data are worth to you less than the price of some more disk space.

• lowendinglowending Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Sanjue007 said:

I only have this:

• My - rather speculative - guess is that the provider (Hotline) had two event routes collide in a very unlucky way, (a) switching from rented dedis to colocated own hw and being almost there that is, far enough to cancel all his dedis, changing routing, IPs, etc. because his own servers were in place. And (b) his health problems striking and striking hard at the most unfortunate moment, which btw. also would be an acceptable explanation for his not saying anything so far.
    • From the outside this looks like a copy of the HS involucration disaster. On the inside it's probably not (see above) but still, nodes and systems going offline anf no information at all from the provider does look like an involucration clusterf_ck.
    • The thing I find most interesting is the fact that there are (almost) no bad words about or cursing against the provider in this case and in fact a considerable level of compassion (and even "pray for him"). This is not to say that's bad, possibly quite the contrary, but it seems noteworthy in the context of how @cociu got treated almost from the start.

>

I don't think it's fair to simply assume that it is his health problems strking again since there is no information to lean on for this event. He's also alive enough to shutdown operations. What we do know is that a hardware migration is due, so my best guess is that his lease with the existing dedicated provider is up, and he was not able to secure enough hardware to make the migration happen and is unwilling to continue with his existing dedi.

I don't know when the provider started offering bare-metal server listings on his site, but it seems recent and an attempt to make some kind of minimum quota for his new hardware situation? It looks to me like a migration plan gone wrong, and/or he found himself stuck in a position where he either could not finance the migration, or that doing so would cost him more money than he wanted.

The reason for why this thread didn't/hasn't devolved into chaos is as I am learning here from other customers, the provider gave consistently good service (with some caveats) up till this event. What happened is fu_ked up, of course. But nothing in my experience with @hotlineservers lead me to believe it was a scam. The guy was growing his business, resolving technical issues, and consistently making improvements to the website while being responsive to his customers. He also was fairly generous in giving credit during downtimes at least once to me, and as I've learned- others here as well. That was why he earned rapport amongst his customers.

If he intended to be a scammer from the get-go, he would've be a bad one considering many people here were skeptical of his margins in the first place. The 5950x nodes that I was on (MI, and then on two NYCs) did not appear oversold to me. (I was on the dedicated cores though so I'm not a good sample)

I don't dispute that there is a possibility that the provider intended to deadpool though, a case can be made that he was pushing his existing servers, which caused overheating problems (one of the main issues of downtimes) which he blamed his dedi provider. The recent listing of his own bare-metal dedicated servers could be angled as a way to get more money out. But he intended to, he could have been far more aggressive and added heavy discounts to his products this month. To my knowledge, all the best deals (40% off) were months ago. It just seems like an less plausible scenario to me.

Am I angry? Of course. Regardless of the original intent of this deadpool, the way it deadpooled makes it a scam in the end, which negates a bit of what I've said above and I will be making several chargeback requests. But I'm not going to start hurling mud and sprouting nonsense just to feel good. I'm more invested in the drama at WiredBlade Clones anyway, and I'm not even a customer in that one!

• @jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Sanjue007 said:

I only have this:

• One of his customers deleted all backups and got caught when trying to make a new backup after deleting his existing backups. Smart move .. immediately followed by massive pain.

@stephfd21
    Sorry but from what I see you are the utterly careless idiot, not Hotline. He seems to have tried his best to be a good provider, you however played funny lottery with your clients data. That's just because you were out of disk space, you say? Well, then tell your clients that they and their data are worth to you less than the price of some more disk space.

I'm the only 1 playing a funny lottery? Hotline is absolved from that? I deleted old backups and were taking new 1s for 2 reasons. 1 was space but the other was i had prepared to take in new customers as I had did some development with the directadmin api. It wasn't a situation where I dont ever keep backups, its just that I trusted the service and expected it to not go down when it did. I recently got a server from racknerd and was about to transfer some of my older customers there as well.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:

@yanling said:

@dahartigan said:
    @yanling said:

My Saas CRM is still in Hotlineservers,
    Oh My data !!!
    My client is very angry ,
    Heavy losses

Initiate backup restore procedures immediately!

I will never buy any VPS that businesses not support PayPal in the future

That's an excellent idea. If a business doesn't accept PayPal, it doesn't matter what excuse they provide, it's because either their PayPal account has been restricted due to dodgy behavior or they are just plain scammers.

so you are saying that @DataIdeas-Josh is a scammer and dogy?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • jon617jon617 Veteran

@jsg said: The thing I find most interesting is the fact that there are (almost) no bad words about or cursing against the provider

I'm definitely upset, also curious. Also had low trust because they had shut down abruptly once before, so I did not use their VPSs for anything important.

@deank said:

snached the correct spelling lowendrefugees.com

• @skorupion said:

@deank said:

@amadex1337

edited June 2021

@GOBBLES said:

@skorupion said:

@deank said:

@amadex1337

FOR SALE in just 2 month on DMs and in 6 months in auction if I won't start making any cash off of this

• @GOBBLES said:

@skorupion said:

@deank said:

@amadex1337

May I get residence card there?

@amadex1337 said:

@GOBBLES said:

@skorupion said:

@deank said:

@amadex1337

May I get residence card there?

Soon my friend. You will be able to escape from all of those pesky providers selling their businesses off and Deadpooling plus any shitty providers

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@stephfd21 said:
    I'm the only 1 playing a funny lottery? Hotline is absolved from that? I deleted old backups and were taking new 1s for 2 reasons. 1 was space but the other was i had prepared to take in new customers as I had did some development with the directadmin api. It wasn't a situation where I dont ever keep backups, its just that I trusted the service and expected it to not go down when it did. I recently got a server from racknerd and was about to transfer some of my older customers there as well.

It's simple: if (time_without_backup > 0) -> lottery

Have a valid and complete backup at any time, period. No excuses.