Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hotlineservers are down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hotlineservers are down

Comments

• @TimboJones said:

@stephfd21 said:
    I guess we're about to hit a 24 hour downtime. I'm so effed as I do weekly backups instead of daily. Ugh, I just need this to be up so I can get my data.

Why weekly? If your data changes daily and doesn't have any copy (ie, paper copies), you may need to be doing backups even more often than daily.

People with company accounting databases gets backed up hourly during office hours.

You got to back up according to how often it changes and how difficult it is to recover from the lost data.

A level of trust and rapport was built with the provider. I wont make that mistake again

• There can be miracles?

• Please explain. Only the panel is up, everything has been going down 1 by 1

• d3rpyd3rpy Member

Thanks for the link.

It seems like LA4 and LA Storage1 went online but then offline again.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited June 2021

@jon617 said:
    My Ryzen VPS on Miami15 had been up all day.

Mine went down the following day at about 15:15 UTC, about a day after others. Smells like a provider deliberately disconnecting nodes or IP routes one by one. Yeah, not good, but I'll be ok. I hope Brian is ok.

+1 thanks for this.

• @d3rpy said:

Thanks for the link.

It seems like LA4 and LA Storage1 went online but then offline again.

Ah gotcha

• jon617jon617 Veteran

... and, there goes my Chicago. Just went down at about 23:30 UTC.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Things are not looking so hot on the line!

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Things are not looking so hot on the line!

Summer is too hot keeping lines in a fire!

• Seems like LA4 node is intermittently online and off.

• d3rpyd3rpy Member

Uh oh, VPS panel finally went down. Nothing is online now.

• Just got info that this guy cancelled all his services. This isn't a situation where the servers are unpaid or suspended, he allowed billing to renew and then cancelled all the servers.

• @stephfd21 said:
    Just got info that this guy cancelled all his services. This isn't a situation where the servers are unpaid or suspended, he allowed billing to renew and then cancelled all the servers.

Where did you get this info?

• From the dedi provider.

• @stephfd21 said:
    From the dedi provider.

Can you clarify your post again cos I didn't understand it still.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:

@stephfd21 said:
    I guess we're about to hit a 24 hour downtime. I'm so effed as I do weekly backups instead of daily. Ugh, I just need this to be up so I can get my data.

Why weekly? If your data changes daily and doesn't have any copy (ie, paper copies), you may need to be doing backups even more often than daily.

People with company accounting databases gets backed up hourly during office hours.

You got to back up according to how often it changes and how difficult it is to recover from the lost data.

Backups are for weaklings.
    Make your data immutable and put them on the block chain, and you'll never need backups again.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2021

@lowending said:

@stephfd21 said:
    From the dedi provider.

I highly doubt the provider in question would share their clients confidential data like that. Not to mention, no one cancels "paid for" service at the end of the month.

I seriously hope @hotlineservers is healthy. But all these down time doesn't look good :(

He would have communicated if things were going down bad.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • What a shit show

• @seriesn said:

@lowending said:

@stephfd21 said:
    From the dedi provider.

I highly doubt the provider in question would share their clients confidential data like that. Not to mention, no one cancels "paid for" service at the end of the month.

I seriously hope @hotlineservers is healthy. But all these down time doesn't look good :(

He would have communicated if things were going down bad.

They didn't share any data. They stated how their services work if I was a client and how the current servers reflect based on the status. With regards to allowing billing to renew, I'm talking about on the hotline server end. His end of the month billing pulled for clients and then everything stopped working 1 after the other.

• @stephfd21 said:
    Just got info that this guy cancelled all his services. This isn't a situation where the servers are unpaid or suspended, he allowed billing to renew and then cancelled all the servers.

@stephfd21 said:
    From the dedi provider.

Doubt that Radic at reliable site gave you or anyone else information like that.

• @dahartigan said:
    What a shit show

randy

Thanked by 2dahartigan gazmull
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@stephfd21 said:

@stephfd21 said:
    From the dedi provider.

Doubt that Radic at reliable site gave you or anyone else information like that.

They didn't specifically say anything, they mentioned how their services work for clients. From that I can make sense of the situation

• Not assuming but it could be one of the followings.

• @hotlineservers got sick and something happened after the 28th. Probably system breach? Buggy software update whatever. And everything went down.
    • @hotlineservers got sick and couldn’t pay the bills on time. Servers getting taken offline due to non payment.
    • This is the worse bit, things aren’t looking too green and this is the end :(
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

• LowEndDeadpool..

Thanked by 1ColderCoder
  • LOL It was too good to be true, I had 2 servers there luckily I had backups because I kind of knew that they were not reliable, too many movings, weird restarts, etc. Also at first it was blazing fast, but something happened that I noticed a slow down, IDK.

• zedzed Member

you guys can get your refunds thru paypal at least right

• @stephfd21 said:
    No, I deleted all my old backups and was actually in the process of taking new backups while the server went down...

what is the point maintaining backups if there is window where you are deleting ALL of them???

I know that sometimes disk space could be constraint, but you should keep at least last one

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @zed said:
    you guys can get your refunds thru paypal at least right

They don't have PayPal payment method.