Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 89
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

Do you actually think people which got their money would come here to say so?
    I don't say anyone got a refund, but I am pretty sure most of those that did want one already got it by dispute/chargeback and whatnot. In 40 days, if I wanted to do that, I would have done it 20-30 days ago.
    Getting a refund would recover only the original deposit and whatever they added and some people are past that well into the promo credit. I don't think some morals would stop some from charging back anyway if they are in the time period when that would still be possible, I have seen many things in my life, but those would have been done already too.
    So, calculating a bit, I would say that, nominally, there are cheaper offers out there, but with the credit promos and whatnot, cociu is still cheaper.
    So, many people would be in this situation now:
    Deposited 100$ got 50$ free and used about 70$ out of it. They can request a refund of 30$ and lose 80$ in total credit.
    Now, that would be a smart move if cociu would be down all over the board but, except for some brief other outages reported here as well as presumably some little downtime for the services "renumbered" I haven't heard of other problems so far.
    In spite of many providers saying he deadpooled since 2015 and renewing their "perdictions" (sic!) every once in a while and "proving" him unsustainable, in jail, operating under a fake address, name, company etc, that didn't happen yet.
    Of course they are overjoyed at his storage issues as well as the way he treats his customers, inciting chargebacks, using FUD to that end "go now while he has some money still" to create issues for him (not that he didn't do a great job at that) but this does not prove anything.
    The GTS drama is also far from clear, at least for the people with more insight.

What it is clear beyond any reasonable doubt, is that he is not a scammer, as scamming REQUIRES (not optional, it is required by the definition) intention and nobody in their right mind can say with a straight face he worked for this scam 7 years or so and did NOT close his Paypal, did NOT sell all hardware (most scammers do not own, but rent), used a legally registered business, gave personal details, has still MOST services up, is selling redundant (or maybe even some which are not) assets to get out of the hole, etc.
    People claiming that are purely malicious.

• JioJio Member

if someone was intentionally scamming why the fuck would they post their wedding here?

Thanked by 2Maounique dahartigan
  • JabJabJabJab Member

Most interesting part is at this moment is 193.148.68.0/22 is still PARFUMURI FEMEI.COM SRL owned. That was sold long time ago, even RIPE can't be that slow? Did buyer somehow backed up and never paid escrow?

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Haha, is this not over yet?

Some of you have a lot of patience...

• PixelsPixels Member
    edited June 2021

@lonea said:

And imagination

Thanked by 2Maounique default
  • @Maounique said: What it is clear beyond any reasonable doubt, is that he is not a scammer, as scamming REQUIRES (not optional, it is required by the definition) intention and nobody in their right mind can say with a straight face he worked for this scam 7 years

Maybe he is just bad as scammer as he is as managing his business.

• The other providers are jealous of cociu so they try to work together to bring him down. 89 pages of it just in this thread alone.

• @dahartigan said:
    The other providers are jealous of cociu so they try to work together to bring him down. 89 pages of it just in this thread alone.

Please note that LET reduced number of post per page recently from 50 to 30 actually.

Thanked by 2vimalware pike
  • @dahartigan Were you ever paid anything as part of the HS affiliate program?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • You can't bring down something that's already down.

• @Pixels said:

@lonea said:

And imagination

and Time on hand

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@lonea said:
    Haha, is this not over yet?

You will be surprised... VirMach gang already waited 2.5 years for our double reward...

• HxxxHxxx Member

@comeback said:
    Dear all,

I was away and I had no access to the Internet, or in a chaotic way...

I don't have access to my VPS since May 12, if I understood correctly there are problems with the hard disks ???

I have not been impacted, because I have backups with other providers, I simply changed my DNS...

Since I am on this forum, I know to be careful, and either we pay a lot and have a premium service, or we pay low cost and adapt!

I created a Ticket (860776), because I didn't know what happened.

I don't want to be reimbursed, but I do want new VPS.

I have always been satisfied with @cociu services, and I know what I am paying for.

Good luck, my friend

I feel bad for you, having to go through 90 pages of pure of LET toxicity.
    The TLDR is nobody knows what is going on but it seems it might be just unsustainable sales + HW failure + A lawsuit debt + no cash + questionable practices. In the end is just a provider having issues, just move on, there are other places to buy from. At this point there is no actual valid reason for this thread to still be open. It has gone to all kind of places.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Hxxx said: At this point there is no actual valid reason for this thread to still be open

I did think that this thread should've been closed ages ago, but considering the fact that cociu doesn't update his customers the rightful/proper way, how else would his customers, or anyone, will know what's going on, even though nothing concrete has been shared, but at least it's something, better than nothing.

Also, prior to making the decision to close the tickets in queue, he should've at least sent a mail out to all his customers to give them a heads-up, and for those who are impacted, should be re-submitting new tickets.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:
    @dahartigan Were you ever paid anything as part of the HS affiliate program?

And you, have you been payed by some provider(s) who want to bring HS down?
    (Who woudda thunk that that stupid game also works the other way round?)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@stevewatson301 said:

And you, have you been payed by some provider(s) who want to bring HS down?
    (Who woudda thunk that that stupid game also works the other way round?)

You can look up the website on his signature, he has aff links there. It was an honest question given cociu's prices are so low, I wouldn't have thought affiliates would have any payout.

But yeah, you keep PMSing at the slightest hint of any perceived negativity against HS, regardless of whether the statement is actually negative.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ maverickp
  • @stevewatson301 said:

What's that got to do with the price of rice in China?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited June 2021

One thread to go... I just hope. Imagine if the community could vote to close a thread. Brilliant.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • LeviLevi Member

Monday passed. Who's left on the Borta club? Seems Timbo has converted, Zedong just trolling and jsg goes from inertia. Do we have any more pro-Borta community members?

Thanked by 1pike
  • @Hxxx said:
    One thread to go... I just hope. Imagine if the community could vote to close a thread. Brilliant.

I agree to close the thread if the issue is solved. Currently down for 936 hrs 6 mins.. and 34.96% uptime within 60 days..

• pbxpbx Member

@LTniger said: Do we have any more pro-Borta community members?

• @Ganonk said:
    just ask, the meaning of OLX is https://www.olx.co.id/ ?

right Sir..?

The Romanian version: https://www.olx.ro/

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Whatever it is , it appears that whatever mess he created, the biggest one is his lack of communication or he underestimated value of communication.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • LeviLevi Member

@Saahib said:
    Whatever it is , it appears that whatever mess he created, the biggest one is his lack of communication or he underestimated value of communication.

He communicates, but produce porky pie only.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@pbx said: Do we have any more pro-Borta community members?

Yes ,

• on the one hand: @dahartigan, @NK79, @jsg, @Maounique ( who don't know how a business works but they generally have an answer for everything )

• on the other side: "The other providers are jealous of cociu so they try to work together to bring him down" ;) , included me :D :D

• See in your own garden @dedicatserver_ro

@dahartigan said: See in your own garden

???.....

• @dedicatserver_ro said:

@dahartigan said: See in your own garden

???.....

I thought that was some kind of Romanian saying you might understand.

While you're here, what can you tell me about cociu's language? Does he speak some strange dialect of Romanian or something? He seems to have some interesting sayings, just curious if it's a Romanian thing or a "cociu thing" lol

• aliletalilet Member

I appreciate what @jsg is doing. The dedication and hard work he has put for that free VPS will put anyone to shame. Everybody else take note.

edited June 2021

@dahartigan said: I thought that was some kind of Romanian saying

• it's used more as a threat and I don't think you want to threaten anyone ..... ;)

@dahartigan said: cociu's language

• speaks the dialect of those who do not know but think they know what they are doing - "cociu thing"

At the end of last year 2020 I bought a company from Oradea (NO ... not HS ;) , small hosting company ) and I had the opportunity to see the city again (the last time I was in Oradea during the communist era - 40 years ago) and the people.
    I also know now an excellent lawyer in Oradea if anyone needs it ;) ( collective complaint )
    Nice city , nice people.

This discussion has been closed.