Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 55
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2021

We're going to keep this thread open as "information central" on the involucrapaclypse.

However, I think we've aired out all of the thoughts about the following kinds of topics and are done with them:

• should providers comment on this thread
    • philosophical expounding on the nature of competition and capitalism
    • is provider X morally better than provider Y
    • was provider X hosting CP
    • opinions about providers other than HostSolutions

etc. Let's keep this thread focused on discussing HostSolutions/cociu. Anything else should go to the Pit from now on.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Is power surge possible while using UPS ?

I was under impression that those UPS usually do double conversion AC -> DC -> AC
    which in theory makes the AC coming to servers completely independent of the AC from the grid

and if the surge is big enough the UPS itself will fry not the devices connected to it

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@servarica_hani said:
    Is power surge possible while using UPS ?

I was under impression that those UPS usually do double conversion AC -> DC -> AC
    which in theory makes the AC coming to servers completely independent of the AC from the grid

and if the surge is big enough the UPS itself will fry not the devices connected to it

A cheap PSU, can fry every peace of hardware you have inside a PC or Server.
    Sure it would be also possible with a UPS.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@serv_ee said:
    So honest question here. Say he sells the IP range, could he make a deal to rent it back again?

Him selling the range would mean he's in dire need of money, no? But he is offering a year and half a year free service? Does that not ring any bells at all?

Pretty bad business.

IP's are $40/IP+ right now so if he's lucky he'll see like $38k (fees, etc).

Even if a leaser is getting $1/month/IP, you're still talking a 3 - 4 year return on it.

You aren't getting $1/month/IP on leases though, it's more like $0.50~$0.60/IP/m on the high end (we lease at $0.40/IP/m). So you're talking a 6+ break even if the blocks are constantly leased out.

It's possible someone will play the really long game, but i've yet to see it.

Francisco

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

Is power surge possible while using UPS ? - yes

I was under impression that those UPS usually do double conversion AC -> DC -> AC which in theory makes the AC coming to servers completely independent of the AC from the grid - yes again

and if the surge is big enough the UPS itself will fry not the devices connected to it - not , you have at least three safety devices/fuse ( fuse on primary AC line , fuse on UPS , fuse on AC circuit for each Rack, fuse on each PDU... )

• This thread gave me all kind of feelings.

I am hard and limp at the same time.

Thanked by 1jugganuts
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said: I am hard and limp at the same time.

That's called a "chub".

Francisco

Thanked by 1jugganuts
  • Wow. I was on the road and absent for a few days. What is latest news? Deadpool or NOT ?

Thanked by 1William
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@dedicatserver_ro said: I haven't had any downtime in the 5 years, not even when they changed the generators and the UPS ( 2 years ago ).

We had a lot of downtime and when it started to get worse and not better, had to move. It usually broke around midnight for a few minutes up to 2 hours 2-3 times a month and lately every week or more often.
    We moved in February 2020 iirc.
    The Pipera DC with the portable generators outside near the FanCourier location, forgot address.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2021

@FrankZ said:

@404error said: Are you saying that you can accuse me of something and that I'm the one needing t prove its a lie? doesn't sound right to me..

Yes, as I understand it, in a slander or libel case the burden of proof is on the plaintiff to prove the statement is false.

This is so fucking stupid I wish you were only joking.

• @DreamCaster said:
    Wow. I was on the road and absent for a few days. What is latest news? Deadpool or NOT ?

It's complicated

• defaultdefault Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    [...]
    Let's keep this thread focused on discussing HostSolutions/cociu. Anything else should go to the Pit from now on.

I am interested to see the court cases, both that of cociu and Francisco. The latter did have the habit of threatening people and businesses, I thought it was just a phase, now I am very curious to see how it ends.

Here, in Romania, it is easy to follow it, if no other LEA (LowEndAttorney) offers, I could try to be there albeit now I am not longer living in the capital due to health reasons.

Thanked by 2dahartigan default
  • daffydaffy Member

@Maounique said:
    I am interested to see the court cases, both that of cociu and Francisco. The latter did have the habit of threatening people and businesses, I thought it was just a phase, now I am very curious to see how it ends.

Here, in Romania, it is easy to follow it, if no other LEA (LowEndAttorney) offers, I could try to be there albeit now I am not longer living in the capital due to health reasons.

I considered going to the last court date he had, since my office is literally right across the street but since my Romanian is rather limited I decided there was no point.

What, with all the fresh, clean air we have here in Buc? /s
    Where did you move to?

• JasonMJasonM Member

why don't they use grammarly - a free browser addon to auto check and correct the spellings and sentences??

edited June 2021

@daffy said: Where did you move to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azuga 300 m from slopes.

• daffydaffy Member

@Maounique said:

Cool, it's nice up in that area.
    Only about an hour away from our house in Campina.

• Drama still continues........

• M66BM66B Veteran

@daffy said:

@Maounique said:

Can you please stop this small talk, we need drama here. I like to see burning servers, etc. What was the word again? Invo-something.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @JasonM said:

why don't they use grammarly - a free browser addon to auto check and correct the spellings and sentences??

Both @cociu and @jsg are using "payed", interesting...

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint lonea
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@daffy said:

@Maounique said:

Screw the drama. Learnt something new about a part of world I was not aware of.
    Btw: are/were buffaloes native to the land? This is interesting..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahova_Valley#/media/File:Preziosi_-_Valea_Prahovei,_1868.jpg

• LeviLevi Member

@vyas11 said: Screw the drama.

What?! You better be silent and don't interfere with drama.

Do I understand correctly that Borta will go to the court on 01.07.2021?

• xaocxaoc Member

@vyas11 said:

@daffy said:

@Maounique said:

Screw the drama. Learnt something new about a part of world I was not aware of.
    Btw: are/were buffaloes native to the land? This is interesting..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prahova_Valley#/media/File:Preziosi_-_Valea_Prahovei,_1868.jpg

That`s probably an European bison.

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

Yes yes yes and no

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I missed it for a day and there are 200+ comments .
    So whats new ?

• JabJabJabJab Member

@Saahib said: So whats new ?

Nothing.

• aliletalilet Member

@Saahib said:
    I missed it for a day and there are 200+ comments .
    So whats new ?

shilling
    involucration
    lawsuits

Not in particular order.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@stevewatson301 said:
    Both @cociu and @jsg are using "payed", interesting...

... as do many, many, many others, probably millions.

Btw, how perfect is your French, German, Italian, Russian, ...?

• What was the longest thread on LET?

This discussion has been closed.