Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 54
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

@dahartigan said: the word "involucrating" may be entered into the public record

According do various dictionaries "involucre" means:

A group of one or more whorls of bracts beneath a flower or flower cluster.

Definition of this adjective involves word "cluster", so this is totally related and legit.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2021

This thread finally prompted me to buy a cheapo domain, for a blog that I considered writing; whether it happens or not is another matter. It's not selling e-cigs or similar:
    hbcig dot com
    How Bad Can It Get .com ? :)

P.S. It (the domain) can be used for many different things:
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/hate-legislation-is-blasphemy-law-by-another-name

The Scottish Justice Minister Humza Yousaf said: ‘Stirring up of hatred can contribute to a social atmosphere in which discrimination is accepted as normal.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @LTniger said:

@dahartigan said: the word "involucrating" may be entered into the public record

According do various dictionaries "involucre" means:

A group of one or more whorls of bracts beneath a flower or flower cluster.

Definition of this adjective involves word "cluster", so this is totally related and legit.

Jesus, you're right! It all makes perfect sense now.. So, a cluster of 400 drives received a group of bracts beneath their power cables, resulting in a whorl of bracts to go about involucrating the drives, one by one.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    This thread finally prompted me to buy a cheapo domain, for a blog that I considered writing; whether it happens or not is another matter. It's not selling e-cigs or similar:
    hbcig dot com
    How Bad Can It Get .com ? :)

P.S. It (the domain) can be used for many different things:
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/hate-legislation-is-blasphemy-law-by-another-name

The Scottish Justice Minister Humza Yousaf said: ‘Stirring up of hatred can contribute to a social atmosphere in which discrimination is accepted as normal.

I'd def read that!

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2021

^ indeed, to both the above. :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Bookmarked this thread. From new dictionary words transformed into a culture, to providers bashing one another, to offers created for leaving other providers with screenshots, and to companies going to court for some common interpretation of anonymity. This has got to be the best popcorn drama so far.

In 40 pages this thread did more than other company closures combined, and we don't even know for sure yet if HostSolutions is truly going bankrupt.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

People fighting over in this thread & @cociu be like:

Thanked by 3Waldo19 dosai vimalware
  • @default said:
    Bookmarked this thread. From new dictionary words transformed into a culture, to providers bashing one another, to offers created for leaving other providers with screenshots, and to companies going to court for some common interpretation of anonymity. This has got to be the best popcorn drama so far.

In 40 pages this thread did more than other company closures combined, and we don't even know for sure yet if HostSolutions is truly going bankrupt.

To be fair, all this drama would have been avoided if he just responded to some easy questions. If he wouldn't have announced his Ryzen line while his old customers we're still having their VPS-s down and didn't backtrack announcements.

• who sue who?

• fkjfkj Member

@JabJab said:

@fkj said:
    My dedi at HS, which has been offline for 9 days, just went back online for 3 minutes nearly 2 hours ago (and is offline again immediately). I guess cociu is having serious power issues.

Just to make sure - are you sure that is your dedi that went online, not that just something responded to ping on that IP? :-)

Those infos were from zabbix-agent, not ping. It also shows it was a fresh boot, so I'm guessing the power is down, instead of network being down for 9 days.

Also dedi dead for 9 days with no communication from support I guess? :D

Yes, no response to my ticket.

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • You ladies are dripping your PMS all over my popcorn... Come on @cociu how about some offers in this thread?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Everyone always ask where is @cociu, but no one asks how is @cociu :(

Thanked by 3randomq pike iNK79
  • @FAT32 said:
    Everyone always ask where is @cociu, but no one asks how is @cociu :(

The real question is how are you ?

Thanked by 3Falzo FAT32 randomq
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@ben47955 said:
    The real question is how are you ?

I am fine, thank you. Just very busy and tired because trying to work on multiple stuff to earn more money.

• LeeLee Veteran

@default said: @dahartigan - if you need help in court for someone to testify for you, don't forget to ask. I want to help, even though I am not from USA.

lol. What a combination.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@default said: In my opinion @dahartigan is innocent and I will happily testify for him. My only problem is that I can't travel to USA.

The trial will take place at The Hague.

Thanked by 2Maounique pike
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@Lee said:

lol. What a combination.

@angstrom said:

The trial will take place at The Hague.

• Franciscos PMS is off the charts talking about a canadian suing an australian over a LET forum post lmaooo

• BopieBopie Member
    edited June 2021

There is so much in this thread my head now hurts

Thanked by 3BBTN lentro Demindiro
  • 404error404error Member
    edited June 2021

@cociu will only reply past page 60. Please speed up guys.
    if you put in the effort, you might still get your VPSs before the IP pool runs out.

Also... who's Sarah? she might be the one that took care of those HDs.

Thanked by 2JasonM Demindiro
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited June 2021

So honest question here. Say he sells the IP range, could he make a deal to rent it back again?

Him selling the range would mean he's in dire need of money, no? But he is offering a year and half a year free service? Does that not ring any bells at all?

• stratagemstratagem Member, Host Rep

@serv_ee said:
    So honest question here. Say he sells the IP range, could he make a deal to rent it back again?

Yes, if the buyer would be happy to lease it.

• @stratagem said:

@serv_ee said:

Yes, if the buyer would be happy to lease it.

So in that case its an money grab rather than anything else. Yeah, gives much confidence in the "free year" thing.

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said: What happened was a voltage surge, hence destroying the disks.

Sorry @MikePT that's a lie at least for Bucharest, we are co-located in M247 for more than five years, it is one of the most modern and stable DCs in Romania.
    I haven't had any downtime in the 5 years, not even when they changed the generators and the UPS ( 2 years ago ).

compared to Voxility (we have been in colocation since 2008 - 12 years) which have PDU A on UPS and PDU B on direct current from grid, M247 has PDU A on UPS A and PDU B on UPS B so is not possible to have "voltage surge"

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@MikePT said: What happened was a voltage surge, hence destroying the disks.

Sorry @MikePT that's a lie at least for Bucharest, we are co-located in M247 for more than five years, it is one of the most modern and stable DCs in Romania.
    I haven't had any downtime in the 5 years, not even when they changed the generators and the UPS ( 2 years ago ).

compared to Voxility (we have been in colocation since 2008 - 12 years) which have PDU A on UPS and PDU B on direct current from grid, M247 has PDU A on UPS A and PDU B on UPS B so is not possible to have "voltage surge"

Go easy on him mate.

He doesn’t represent HS as a whole as he only deals with HS’s support related matters, so whatever he says here is what cociu tells him.

• @serv_ee said: Him selling the range would mean he's in dire need of money, no? But he is offering a year and half a year free service? Does that not ring any bells at all?

The dumpster fire Cociu is doing is like sucker punch after sucker punch to me man. I used to tell people on reddit /r/seedboxes like he is good cheap provider for avoiding DMCA but I have gone like sad for cociu to lowkey angry at him now.

No communication for week, then pre dated announcements, offering ryzen VPS in middle of shit show, selling IPs of VPS people still subscribed to

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

@dahartigan said: Quote where I said that?

I do remember reading that... or did I

• @dedicatserver_ro said: Sorry @MikePT that's a lie at least for Bucharest, we are co-located in M247 for more than five years, it is one of the most modern and stable DCs in Romania.

Which to be fair assumes it was the incoming power that caused the surge not a fault in some of his own equipment, no?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@dedicatserver_ro said:

You know you have an opportunity here to grab the affected customers with a refugee offer related to Romania. Sure, no need to be a loss leader but maybe give people a chance to experience better quality (quality comes at a price).

Before anyone pulls out the "moral gun", please, it's business, let's help the survivors from the sinking boat.

• wionswions Member

@angstrom said:

@wions said: Maybe this is acceptable in rinky-dink Romanian sisters based economy,

So what is your previous identity here on LET?

None. Stumbled upon it looking for an inexpensive backup server for some cloud VMs.

Just a guy annoyed by poor treatment from a service provider. Sorry not to be able to add to the drama, but it's nothing more interesting than that.

This discussion has been closed.