Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 52
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said: Now, if by "scummy" you mean

By scummy I mean something that at very large majority of people in the world would find extremely distasteful.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 - The key point is plaintiff needs to prove that the statement is false.

If someone in this thread had said that @cociu was a criminal then cociu could prove it was false by showing that he has no criminal record. The person who said this could be sued for libel, and would probable lose. If there are damages or not is a separate question.

I don't see how Fran can prove that he has never hosted CP, on any service, at any time. If he did or did not know about it is a moot point. /lowend lawyer

This is just my opinion and not to be considered legal advise.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@FrankZ said: I don't see how Fran can prove that he has never hosted CP, on any service, at any time. If he did or did not know about it is a moot point. /lowend lawyer

You missed the point where he said I willingly protect/defend it being on my services.

Francisco

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @FrankZ said: I don't see how Fran can prove that he has never hosted CP, on any service, at any time.

The assertion isn't that he has never hosted CP. The assertion is that he promotes his services to this end.

• LeviLevi Member

@FrankZ said: /lowend lawyer

What's your hourly rate? 7$?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • jugganutsjugganuts Member
    edited June 2021

#letitdiealready

• @dahartigan said: By scummy I mean something that at very large majority of people in the world would find extremely distasteful.

I see you edited your comment right after to include a link to NYT discussing far-right content. I assume that's what you're referring to, but again, Far right != CP.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2021

@Francisco said: You missed the point where he said I willingly protect/defend it being on my services.

I belive that what he said is probably a false statement but how do you prove that you never have said such a thing ?

• «

@FrankZ said:

@Francisco said: You missed the point where he said I willingly protect/defend it being on my services.

I belive that what he said is probably a false statement but how do you prove that you never have said such a thing ?

Are you saying that you can accuse me of something and that I'm the one needing t prove its a lie? doesn't sound right to me..

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited June 2021

@FrankZ said: I belive that what he said is probably a false statement but how do you prove that you never have?

Everyone should do some research before sticking their neck out on someones behalf, especially in business. While I've not had to do it so far, if I was defending a client and the client was lying to me, well, they're no longer my client.

He basically screwed up thinking he was going to land a killing blow. His initial reply of basically "Fran hosts degenerates" would be true. I absolutely do, you should drop by my discord some time. Place is littered with them.

His claim is that I willingly defend/promote people hosting CP is where he's in trouble.

Francisco

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Is this where this thread ends? It’s clear we’re not going to get a response out of @cociu any time soon

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2021

@404error said: Are you saying that you can accuse me of something and that I'm the one needing t prove its a lie? doesn't sound right to me..

Yes, as I understand it, in a slander or libel case the burden of proof is on the plaintiff to prove the statement is false.

So I can say that you dream gay dreams and I would probably safe from a libel suit, because you can not prove that you don't ;)

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • Quick everyone the police are here stop talking about furry stuff

Thanked by 2FrankZ randomq
  • @Francisco said: His claim is that I willingly defend/promote people hosting CP is where he's in trouble.

Quote where I said that?

• 404error404error Member
    edited June 2021

@FrankZ said:

@404error said: Are you saying that you can accuse me of something and that I'm the one needing t prove its a lie? doesn't sound right to me..

Yes, as I understand it, in a slander or libel case the burden of proof is on the plaintiff to prove the statement is false.

So I can say that you dream gay dreams and I would probably safe from a libel suit, because you can not prove that you don't ;)

Nha, if that was the case no be could ever be sued for accusing people willy nilly.
    You could go on and accuse me of being a serial rapists of you and your family, including pets on national TV, get me rapped cause of it, and I'd have to take it with a smile. Doesn't sound right to me.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @dahartigan said:

@borowsky said:

@dahartigan said:
    but it's just really not a good look when a business (in this case you) is attacking another business (in this case cociu) and those businesses are competitors (in this case you both sell hosting) - and that has a reflection on both of your businesses.

I agree on that, it feels bad from my endpoint too
    Especially because they both are sharing a lot of userbase
    While hostsolutions advertised themselves as NO DMCA - TORRENTS ALLOWED
    Francisco went even way further than cociu with permitted/ignored 'shady' stuff on their servers (I know in sake of so called freespeech )

I think if anyone as a provider here is a scumbag then Francisco would be at the top of the list purely because of the extremely high chance he's hosting (perhaps unknowingly) child abuse and other vile shit for the sake of a couple of bucks a month, and he's unashamed of it - but that's a whole different story and probably offtopic for this thread, but worth mentioning all the same. And what does that say for Francisco's supporters??

Do you have Alzheimer's perhaps? Also I love that "edited" word on top of it.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@FrankZ said:

It isn't quite that clear cut. In most jurisdictions, it's "on the balance of probability". The plaintiff doesn't need to prove anything other than damage to reputation if on the balance of probabilities, the statement made about them was unfounded.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • LeviLevi Member

We need @cociu input on all of that.

• @LTniger said:

That, and on the progress of the deinvolucration of the drives.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2021

@404error said: Nha, if that was the case no be could ever be sued for accusing people willy nilly.
    You could go on and accuse me of being a serial rapists of you and your family, including pets. And I'd have to take it with a smile. Doesn't sound right to me.

You are correct. If I made the statement that you are a serial rapist and you could prove that you were not, I would be guilty of libel.

This is just my opinion and is not to be considered legal advise.

@LTniger said:

where's Ja Rule?

Anyway, this is 2 pages of crap that doesn't matter. @dahartigan & I will have our talk outside the forums when I'm back from Miami.

Fact of the matter is that @cociu has many places to post updates. They don't need to be huge novels of what happened, very simple points. That'll make sure his point gets across.

He isn't doing that.

While everyone is claiming he's a very busy person trying to fix this and shouldn't be bothered, he's there trying to sell Ryzen's and IP blocks; both actions that eat up a decent bit of man hours.

The Ryzen he could maybe delegate but the IP's? Those are something only he/a business partner can handle. Does he have a business partner? Maybe his wife if he's married?

All of this is self inflicted. All the angry about it, all the speculation. You can't go basically 3 weeks of radio silence and expect people to stay patient the whole time.

Things break, shit happens to quote @jsg. Be upfront and honest. Speaking as someone whose fucked up countless times, most people are pretty forgiving, even the most cheap of customers.

He's reading this, no doubt. Everyone is screaming for him to talk.

Francisco

Thanked by 1HaendlerIT
    edited June 2021

Back no topic.

So, anyone got their vps back online? heard from @cociu? paid your bills? bought his IPs?

Nothing? @JSG @dahartigan please educate the "mob" on how to hate providers that deliver and love the ones that do not.

edited June 2021

@FrankZ said:

No shitz? From the lawless land no less.

• What are the current prices for a /24? Let's see if I can afford one 😂

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@stevewatson301 said:
    What are the current prices for a /24? Let's see if I can afford one 😂

Thanked by 1stratagem
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@stevewatson301 said:

Well, he likely is selling his /22 and lease a /22 or smaller.
    More expensive in the long run but gives you cash.

Makes no sense that he sells a /22 and buys a /24.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited June 2021

@Francisco no worries, looking forward to hearing from you.

@cociu I'm wishing you would say something in here, your silence has created a vacuum in which the involucration of your actiwons has thrived to the point of absurd. Also, what's that saying you have about looking only upon one's own garden that you say to other providers who attack you? :-)

Thanked by 1pbx
  • stratagemstratagem Member, Host Rep

@stevewatson301 said:

/24 for $39/IP and 193.148.68.0/22 currently at $32/IP

• @stratagem said: /24 for $39/IP and 193.148.68.0/22 currently at $32/IP

I could get myself a /24 if cociu was willing to give a /24, but spending $10,000 for the ability to put numbers in the source field of the IP datagram somehow feels wrong 😂

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@404error said: No shitz? From the lawless land no less.

This discussion has been closed.