Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 36
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• aiden1aiden1 Member

lol where the fuck else other than lowendtalk can you get service on netapp filers for $10/2 years

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FrankZ said: it was better that cociu posted an announcement on this website then if he did not

He's not obliged to.

He is however obliged to send a mail out with status updates on the situation, but he chose to promote new offers instead.

Pathetic.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2021

@thedp said:

@FrankZ said: it was better that cociu posted an announcement on this website then if he did not

He's not obliged to.

He is however obliged to send a mail out with status updates on the situation, but he chose to promote new offers instead.

Pathetic.

When this thread started, I was like cociu is cociu what's new. But he did sink to a new level of low sending out that ryzen promo offer while being so quite with existing customers.

Thanked by 2LowLowLow ehab
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member

@alexvolk said:

@William said: Business is not a game. It is war. All your competition are your enemies. Sometimes you make friends (the enemies of your enemies) but this is also short lasting.

Will you offer as a business some fire extinguishers as a giveaway for each order when OVH DC was in a fire?

Interesting to know how far business might go lol.

So will this dumbass offer 6 months free services after this as well?

God, you really are stupid.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@default said: Your problem. It seems you are not serious. Noted to avoid you and your ruthless ideology.

Actually this is my advantage. People host with me because they know i am indifferent to whatever the fuck they do as long as i can save my ass from legal issues. They also know i WILL cooperate with the government if i have to, but avoid issues by not requiring real customer data.

It's fine line between legal and illegal, and i know extremely well where i need to be - I do NOT aim to operate legal, if i can bribe my way out and know it i will (and do) absolutely use that power, i will also risk jail if the reward is higher than the cost. I will go years to jail for enough money, and my wife is also perfectly fine with that.

In simple: Sorry, you are not my target audience. You don't run shady things. I don't care what you think, and neither do my customers because they HAVE to use me or a handful of other ISPs because no one will host them, and i am by far the most reliable and trustable choice. I might not like them, but i keep the online and don't sell their data to their enemies.

@default said: True. And I don't care about @cociu - to me now it's about other providers who should respect members of this community and other providers

Then lets see how honest you are:

• Do you have any HostSolutions services?
    • Do you pay the retail price for them?
    Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am not saying this is what happened and if he faked the date, shame on him, but it happened to me to post an announcement and forget to tick the box to make it visible. When you are dealing with a disaster you make mistakes.
    It does raise a very serious red flag because he should have known by now it was not visible, regardless of the mistake, when people open tickets they do tell you they checked announcements, this is how I got to know about my mistake, btw.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • zappatazappata Member

mv stockholmsyndrome cociusyndrome

• @FrankZ said: .. it was better that cociu posted an announcement on this website then if he did not, which I think most of us can agree.

Nope 'cos your sentence doesn't make any sense!

• QuartermasterQuartermaster Member
    edited May 2021

@raindog308 said:
    Now that I think about it, if HS was using NetApp, I imagine they were grey market systems he bought third-hand and has no support contract.

This is most likely the case. They can be remarkably cheap on the used market/through e-waste recyclers.

There are also third party companies (usually made up of ex-field support employees) who will sell you a 'support contract' as a retainer +per hour incident rate, or a pre-defined amount of hours per month. They'll get you out of simple bad situations, but extended recovery efforts (think manually CRC checking individual tracks/stripes) are normally out of their depth.

I also remember that 'supported' drives could in certain situations/models be faked with some file config file mods.

@Daniel15 said:

@raindog308 said: I also find the idea of a 200-drive NetApp also hard to swallow...aren't they usually like 12- or 24-drive bays?

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a NetApp with 200 drives...

Last I remember, a 2 node FAS series HA pair could support ~1000 drives, and C-Mode provides clustering of HA pairs, to make a larger cluster.

[edit - just checked, latest model supports 1440 drives per HA pair. Not sure about the older model he likely has, but 200 drives is certainly not out of the ordinary. I was competing against NetApp back in 2012 when 200 drives was a small-ish system]

• ps20090ps20090 Member

What even is NetApp, how does it work?

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ps20090 said: What even is NetApp, how does it work?

Well-respected filer manufacturer, going back to the 1990s. You bought one of their units, put it on your network, and you had NAS/NFS/CIFS/etc. that was very easy to manage. Almost ridiculously easy to manage.

Of course, as the saying went..."I loved my first NetApp. I hated my 50th." They were great up to a certain level but in big enterprises, having 50 different filers to manage was a pain.

They're more enterprisey though...not usual to see them in your generic hosting company.

@Quartermaster said: I was competing against NetApp back in 2012 when 200 drives was a small-ish system

I didn't directly compete against them in the late 90s but supported a competing platform (Auspex). The Auspex was fantastic...you could actually reboot the server and it continued serving files while you did so! This was because a lot of the NFS code was pushed down to special silicon in the I/O cards. But it was a lot more expensive than NetApp and so NetApp won.

• aliletalilet Member

I wonder what will it take for cociu shills to accept that he has been downright scummy and deceitful this whole fiasco. I have seen hosts quartered for less than that.

• @randomq said:

@hawc said:
    Yeah no, please don't advertise his new offerings until he gets his HDD House in order

Ah that's it. He built a house out of hard drives, because lumber has become so expensive!

"It's fine, it never rains here."

thunder

• @dahartigan said:
    Simple experiment, look at cociu's comments. Does he attack other providers? Now look at "fran, seriesn and others" and check the same..

That's some stupid logic. Yes, why isn't the one with all the problems "attacking" providers without problems? Clearly, this means he's a nice guy. Not sure what those attacks would be...

If you look, you'll find cociu getting into it with a competitor before and also he has said shit to customers where he misunderstood what they said.

• @default said:
    This thread opened up something new.

• It is allowed for a provider make opinions and speculations about other providers or other business, without respect.

• It is allowed for a provider to make attacking offers towards another provider; like in this case: create conditions that customers should leave a specific provider, in order to benefit the offer of a different provider.

This is very important history being created. If @cociu will get the provider tag back, I strongly hope he will create conditional offers like these. Maybe other providers will do this too. It seems it's allowed.

I call this: involucrating another provider. This definition seems legit.

Give this guy a "Karen" tag next to his name.

Thanked by 2jackb BlaZe
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2021

@William said:

@default said: A business should respect other businesses and not mingle in their affairs.

No, that is exactly what business is.

Why do you think the business world is fair? It is ruthless.

The dude acts like he's 16 and hasn't been in the real world, naive AF.

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:
    Simple experiment, look at cociu's comments. Does he attack other providers? Now look at "fran, seriesn and others" and check the same..

That's some stupid logic. Yes, why isn't the one with all the problems "attacking" providers without problems? Clearly, this means he's a nice guy. Not sure what those attacks would be...

If you look, you'll find cociu getting into it with a competitor before and also he has said shit to customers where he misunderstood what they said.

To be more specific, I was referring to Francisco jumping every chance he can at another provider's throat. I am surprised Clouvider hasn't thrown his 2 cents in yet..

Anyway Timbo, smoke some jesus and chillax guy. Don't take me too seriously.. ;)

• @dahartigan said:
    but the fact you took the time to dig through my comments history to find something to quote I thought I could at least give you an explanation for your bothers :-)

????

The comments I quoted were all under two weeks old. I find it hard to believe that one could classify that as “digging” — it’s not like I went and searched through a year of comments.

First, let me make it clear - nobody expects reliability from cociu.

I’m going to be honest here: you don’t give off the impression that you think you’re giving.

How do you go from making “cociu good” comments to suddenly agreeing that HS provides unreliable services? It may not be your intention to vouch for them, but you’ve hardly made it clear what your actual stance is up until now.

@raindog308 said:
    So no matter what a provider does, every other provider must be silent?

Couldn’t have put it in better words.

@Lee said:
    Again, I think they will thank you for being put on your blacklist.

Yet again: lmao

• @doghouch said: I’m going to be honest here: you don’t give off the impression that you think you’re giving.

How do you go from making “cociu good” comments to suddenly agreeing that HS provides unreliable services? It may not be your intention to vouch for them, but you’ve hardly made it clear what your actual stance is up until now.

That's actually a helpful response, I'm not always sure myself what my stance is and I do like to involucrate some shitposting at times, and that makes it harder.

It's probably best to think of me as someone with an almost absence of social awareness, I'm not particularly good at "reading the room" when it comes to social nuances (like taking things too far) and my outward impressions can be often different to what is true (I have a dry sense of humor and at times am unbelievably bored and willing to go to great lengths to shitpost).

Thanked by 2default doghouch
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2021

I still didn't make my actual point.. which is that I'm not so much vouching for cociu as I am questioning whether he's actually "bankrupt or deadpooled" like the topic suggests, considering I have working services currently.

I also have a storage server that is down too, I just don't care that it's down because it's a cociu server.

EDIT: I understand that people aren't happy with the lack of communication, but he has actually communicated something - not a total radio silence like certain people are claiming. He should probably keep the community more updated, fucking hell @cociu, lern 2 LET.

• @dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

To be more specific, I was referring to Francisco jumping every chance he can at another provider's throat. I am surprised Clouvider hasn't thrown his 2 cents in yet..

Anyway Timbo, smoke some jesus and chillax guy. Don't take me too seriously.. ;)

So, I told you cociu is no angel contrary to your simple request that he didn't attack others and you doubled down on Fran "attacking" (aka pointing out the obvious).

You made your opinion known, that others should STFU because of your feelings. Got it.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

"attacking" != aka "pointing out the obvious"

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

So, I told you cociu is no angel contrary to your simple request that he didn't attack others and you doubled down on Fran "attacking" (aka pointing out the obvious).

You made your opinion known, that others should STFU because of your feelings. Got it.

• Jona4sJona4s Member

Keyser Söze Ventures Inc.

Thanked by 1William
  • @default said:

His point was that you're classifying Fran's behaviour of pointing out the obvious as an attack against cociu. Which it isn't, it's good to see you agree.

Thanked by 2maverickp TimboJones
  • @default said:

Why are you trying to cast honest comments about cociu as inappropriate and “attacks”? Cociu is great at communicating as we all know, so if he had a problem with the nature of this discussion I’m sure we would know, right?

• Can you mute people on this forum? And if so, can I mute default and anyone who thanked him for his comments?

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@nonissue said:
    Can you mute people on this forum? And if so, can I mute default and anyone who thanked him for his comments?

There is a script called BetterLET for TamperMonkey addon, which can be used to block certain threads or comments. I have not tried it myself though. Here is a link: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170161/betterlet

Enjoy.

Thanked by 1nonissue
  • my vps is down since more than two weeks
    just got email with new ryzen promo
    at this point its obvious scam
    faking backdated news on his page...
    he should be banned already on here

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • @default said:

@nonissue said:
    Can you mute people on this forum? And if so, can I mute default and anyone who thanked him for his comments?

There is a script called BetterLET for TamperMonkey addon, which can be used to block certain threads or comments. I have not tried it myself though. Here is a link: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170161/betterlet

Enjoy.

Well now I can’t because I just thanked you. Welp.

Thanked by 2caracal TimboJones
This discussion has been closed.