Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 34
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@default said:
    I honestly love this thread. Sorry about @cociu - but I get to put in my blacklist some interesting providers around here. Respect seems to be rarer and rarer nowadays. Thanks you guys @Francisco @seriesn @William . This thread has become something way more than just popcorn drama with special thanks to you.

Respect is earned, not required. If a provider goes silent on a two week outage for hundreds or thousands of their customers, why should anyone respect that provider?

• WilliamWilliam Member

I am happy to run a moral based business - Once someone pays me extra for that.

I make it very clear that i operate based on laws:

• I don't care what you host, if it is legal (enough)
    • I don't care who you are affiliated with, i gladly host nazis and 'terrorists' (if not a terror group by my countries laws)
    • I have zero personal involvement in your content (BY LAW) and am not liable for it

Once i touch selectively what customers do i open pandoras box as I HAVE TO JUDGE. I am not a judge. I am an infrastructure provider.

@default said: but I get to put in my blacklist some interesting providers around here. Respect seems to be rarer and rarer nowadays. Thanks you guys @Francisco @seriesn @William

I wish you good luck. Again: I do not disclose who i work for/what i own, i have no legal or rule obligation to do so. I don't care about you or other single customers either; i care about the bigger picture (=profit).

Business is not a game. It is war. All your competition are your enemies. Sometimes you make friends (the enemies of your enemies) but this is also short lasting.

@jackb said: Respect is earned, not required. If a provider has none for their customers, why should anyone respect that provider?

Respect is useless. Service quality matters. I do not respect my nazi customers, at all. But they pay, on time, for services rendered exactly as described.

You also all forget that i run 2-3 ventures in one sale - I get money for hosting Nazi site X, then i get DDoS traffic for my other business to mitigate/write new rules that allow me to sell to others better and ultimately word of mouth for more customers from all.

Every second i waste on thinking what they host/do is wasted as it is not profit, in any way.

@William said:
    Respect is useless. Service quality matters. I do not respect my nazi customers, at all. But they pay, on time, for services rendered exactly as described.

Aye good point, I didn't word what I meant well -- updated now.

• This has been a very interesting thread indeed. There's obviously a diverse range of people in this thread opining on cociu's recent involucation and the data is fascinating.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@jackb said:
    Respect is earned, not required. If a provider has none for their customers, why should anyone respect that provider?

I agree. However, it's easy to give notions of respect after the business has flourished and has clients. A provider would not do this before, when they enter the market. This is the proof of people changing and not caring (disrespect). I do not want to be part of their customers when respect is thrown out the window.

• What the fuck are @default and @dahartigan on about anyway? They want to make discounts/switcher promos illegal? Good luck with that.

edited May 2021

@default said:

@jackb said:
    Respect is earned, not required. If a provider has none for their customers, why should anyone respect that provider?

I agree. However, it's easy to give notions of respect after the business has flourished and has clients. A provider would not do this before as they enter the market. This is the proof of people changing and not caring (disrespect). I do not want to be part of their customers when respect is thrown out the window.

I've been brutally critical of hosts who should know better on WHT long before I became a host rep, and continued to do so afterwards.

@cociu has been around long enough to know better. There's no excusing the lack of communication.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@William said:

Business is war. All your competition are your enemies.

Respect is useless.

Thank you again.

• @default said: A provider would not do this before as they enter the market.

Businesses are here to increase their customer base. They are not personal mentors to other business owners to help them make a profit.

Now, certainly businesses do exist to provide value to others, but this is through the service offered, not by handholding other businesses on their way to profitability.

Thanked by 1William
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@jackb said:
    @cociu has been around long enough to know better. There's no excusing the lack of communication.

True. And I don't care about @cociu - to me now it's about other providers who should respect members of this community and other providers. It is no longer related to @cociu service in my eyes. He is no longer a provider, case closed on LET.

• @William said: Business is not a game. It is war. All your competition are your enemies. Sometimes you make friends (the enemies of your enemies) but this is also short lasting.

Will you offer as a business some fire extinguishers as a giveaway for each order when OVH DC was in a fire?

Interesting to know how far business might go lol.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @stevewatson301 said:
    What the fuck are @default and @dahartigan on about anyway? They want to make discounts/switcher promos illegal? Good luck with that.

I don't like to involucrate anything to the point of illegality, that's just not cool, especially something awesome like a switcher promo or a discount.

I think I have become involucrated, unless I'm involucrating this entire involucration.

Thanked by 1default
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@stevewatson301 said:
    What the fuck are @default and @dahartigan on about anyway? They want to make discounts/switcher promos illegal? Good luck with that.

It's about switcher at the expense of other. And it's not about the legal aspect, it's about simple respect on LET.

But now it's set. It's allowed. Mods have spoken. We will see what future brings regarding this allowed behavior. This same card can also be played by summer hosts who could provide 3x service, for same money, if person leaves other "top provider" of LET. Maybe this is futuristic popcorn drama in my imagination, so I must be on PMS now.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@default said: He is no longer a provider, case closed on LET.

Case is closed once his customers are online or get refunds. Until then its an exit scam. Nothing else.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@eastliu said:
    so what will happen next? or nothing?

Congrats on your first post

• @William said: I do not even disclose what companies i work for. It's more than you expect, multiple of them advertising here. I also own silent shares in WAY more here than anyone will ever know.

https://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html

• carcosacarcosa Member

Based on some of the comments here HS isnt the only provider to avoid 🤣

• dis thread = sauce. a very involucrating experience!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • mirocmiroc Member

guys STOP im paying more money for popcorn than the monthly cost of my vps - all 3 combined..

• rahulksrahulks Member

Found this announcement dated May 12

https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/index.php/announcements/33/Storage-Downtime-.html

That was quite sometime ago

Thanked by 1nonissue
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@rahulks said:
    Found this announcement dated May 12

https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/index.php/announcements/33/Storage-Downtime-.html

That was quite sometime ago

That was only dated May 12th but he probably put that in later because that announcement didn't exist on the 15th at least.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@thedp said: That was only dated May 12th but he probably put that in later because that announcement didn't exist on the 15th at least.

Yeap, defo added later than May 12. It wasn't there last time I checked (on May 22 or so)

edited May 2021

@lentro said:

@thedp said: That was only dated May 12th but he probably put that in later because that announcement didn't exist on the 15th at least.

Yeap, defo added later than May 12. It wasn't there last time I checked (on May 22 or so)

Cheeky innit?

• caracalcaracal Member

time traveling sisters

• @thedp said: That was only dated May 12th but he probably put that in later because that announcement didn't exist on the 15th at least.

Add it to the list of lies that @cociu keeps telling us.
    But the usual fanboys will be out of the woodwork any moment now to tell us how we shouldn't call out a provider.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dahartigan said: So from that point of view, when there are calls to have his provider tag stripped and that happens, I see people (and providers too, which is the ugly part of this imo) kicking him while he's down and then the vultures swoop down to pick at what's left of the situation.

Yeah, poor @cociu is the Rodney King of LET. It's so unjust.

@default said: I get to put in my blacklist some interesting providers around here

Including @cociu or are you going to continue to portray him as the victim here?

@default said: A business should respect other businesses and not mingle in their affairs.

So if a provider screws their customers, another provider is not allowed to comment on that...interesting logic. I guess providers give up some of their freedoms once they get the tag? Really?

@default said: But now it's set. It's allowed. Mods have spoken. We will see what future brings regarding this allowed behavior.

You're acting like something has changed, and it has not. Anyone can comment on another's poor business practices, unethical conduct, and scams. Why would you want it to be anything different?

@default said: It is allowed for a provider make opinions and speculations about other providers or other business, without respect.

What are you talking about? This isn't some grand fraternity where all pledge silence. What you're looking for is for all providers to swear that no matter how badly one of them acts, they will back each other and refrain from all comments. You really want a secret society of providers? All providers are to close ranks and defend the brotherhood? Are you trying to turn LET into WHT?

"Without respect" - you're talking like this is the prison yard. Your definition of "respect" is irrational.

@dahartigan said: t's just my personal opinion that regardless of the situation, providers should refrain from involucrating other providers. In my opinion it's unprofessional at best..

So no matter what a provider does, every other provider must be silent?

Thanked by 3FrankZ William nonissue
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@netomx said: so, summary? in less than 2 words, please

Involucration.

Available for HS customers.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

Thank you @raindog308 - I took some notes. Hope you won't mind me bookmarking this, for future drama reference, just in case summer hosts will make special offers for customers who are expressly cancelling their services with current LET providers (on screenshots) to benefit of new offers, like it happened here.

Please note I am not defending @cociu - nor do I portray anything. I just love a popcorn drama, and it seems there will be plenty in future.

• zappatazappata Member

Redating the announcement... oh my gosh. please run.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
This discussion has been closed.