Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 35
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran

@zappata said:
    Redating the announcement... oh my gosh. please run.

Yes. That is low. The announcement was not there.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • Is WHMCS allowing easily to change the date or he need to update it directly in the database ?

• LeeLee Veteran

@ben47955 said: Is WHMCS allowing easily to change the date or he need to update it directly in the database ?

You can easily change the date of an announcement in WHMCS. NO database change required.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @Lee said:

@ben47955 said: Is WHMCS allowing easily to change the date or he need to update it directly in the database ?

You can easily change the date of an announcement in WHMCS. NO database change required.

Then I can why he had set the date at day one. It make sense to document it like that so people know this issues is related to them ( as there service being down at that time), but of course it may have worded it better.

• zappatazappata Member
    edited May 2021

@ben47955 said: Then I can why he had set the date at day one. It make sense to document it like that so people know this issues is related to them ( as there service being down at that time), but of course it may have worded it better.

And put a "Update" note into it? What? At what time he "updated" the announcement??
    NO and NO again. This makes no sense. Never ever. I document something by redating an announcement and into this announcement I put: Update (someday) - I found the problem? Sorry, but this is nuts.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Is it just me or does NetApp seem kinda prem for HS?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@raindog308 said:
    Is it just me or does NetApp seem kinda prem for HS?

• LeeLee Veteran

@ben47955 said: It make sense

No, it really does not.

• @zappata said:

@ben47955 said: Then I can why he had set the date at day one. It make sense to document it like that so people know this issues is related to them ( as there service being down at that time), but of course it may have worded it better.

And put a "Update" note into it? What? At what time he "updated" the announcement??
    NO and NO again. This makes no sense. Never ever. I document something by redating an announcement and into this announcement I put: Update (someday) - I found the problem? Sorry, but this is nuts.

@Lee

Of course it's wrong to try to pretend it was created the day of outage when he does two week later. But actually it look like he should have really done. (somewhat). Still better than nothing, because he isn't gonna write "We got issues two week ago, but I'm writing here only now in annoncement because I'm stupid"

• LeeLee Veteran

@ben47955 said: Still better than nothing

No, faking an announcement is not better than nothing.

• @Lee said: No, faking an announcement is not better than nothing.

We have all different standard and I respect that, but in my book, a smelly announcement is better than nothing. Yeah that low and Ryzen mail is shitty, but still, we complain from page one that there not communication and now there are, he should not have ?

• jamesrjamesr Member

@thedp said:

@rahulks said:
    Found this announcement dated May 12

https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/index.php/announcements/33/Storage-Downtime-.html

That was quite sometime ago

That was only dated May 12th but he probably put that in later because that announcement didn't exist on the 15th at least.

Didn't exist on May 28th either according to google

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Really easy to fool/please customers of HS.

Thanked by 2alilet BlaZe
  • @ben47955 said:

@Lee said: No, faking an announcement is not better than nothing.

We have all different standard and I respect that, but in my book, a smelly announcement is better than nothing. Yeah that low and Ryzen mail is shitty, but still, we complain from page one that there not communication and now there are, he should not have ?

It's not at all better. Previously he was silent, which, while not the best reaction, is infinitely better than lying, which is what the current announcement is.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ben47955 said: he should not have ?

He should've left the date as today.

He's straight up being deceitful.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

@ben47955 said: but still, we complain from page one that there not communication and now there are, he should not have ?

FFS, are you really that guy? Go buy his new Ryzen VPS..

Thanked by 2yoursunny BlaZe
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@Lee said: No, faking an announcement is not better than nothing.

Cociu be like, our enterprise Akamai caching maulfuoctioned work for two weeks :trollface:

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    • @cociu even backdated an announcement? Disgusting.
    • @raindog308 - you are obviously close with (at least) one of cociu's opponents and although I like and value you I think you shouldn't take a position in this here.

I wouldn't support @default's request to ban @seriesn. Yes, IMO his offer has a smell but as far as I know him he highly likely meant well (although there was some trace of anger too), but your reply to @default looked biased to me. An administrator though should be above things (and doubts).

• cociu - until now one could, with some good will, assume that you were inept and maybe stupid but not evil. Backdating a "storage downtime" announcement though is an unmistakable declaration of an evil (I want to avoid the term 'criminal') attitude. Shame on you!
  • @Francisco said:

@ben47955 said: he should not have ?

He should've left the date as today.

He's straight up being deceitful.

Francisco

I agree, the point is, it's still better than nothing. Of course he should have state with date as today "Two week ago we suffered a outage ...etc"

@Lee said: FFS, are you really that guy? Go buy his new Ryzen VPS..

Dude, you should really remove your butt plug from your ass, do a big dump and give your sphincter some rest. You really read what you want, I never suggested this was ok to do, but you guys overreacting about it as the date isn't the biggest concern.

Now that I think about it, if HS was using NetApp, I imagine they were grey market systems he bought third-hand and has no support contract. So an electrical problem could perhaps have damaged the NetApps themselves, and without their brains he can't put the RAIDs back together. Not sure he could do it even if he had a spare NetApp (but been a while since I've played with those...perhaps if he'd backed up the config).

But of course he doesn't have a spare NetApp.

Should have been straightforward to buy another couple NetApps and say "sorry, data is gone but here's blank disk for you".

Still find the "blew out 400 drives at once" story hard to swallow.

Then again, I also find the idea of a 200-drive NetApp also hard to swallow...aren't they usually like 12- or 24-drive bays?

Thanked by 2Falzo yoursunny
  • LeeLee Veteran

@ben47955 said: I never suggested this was ok to do

You did.

@ben47955 said: We have all different standard and I respect that, but in my book, a smelly announcement is better than nothing.

You are absolutely suggesting above it is ok to put out an announcement today (by the looks of it), date it in the past and make it look like you told people when it happened which is not only a lie but proves just how devious he is willing to try and be.

• @Lee said:

@ben47955 said: I never suggested this was ok to do

You did.

@ben47955 said: We have all different standard and I respect that, but in my book, a smelly announcement is better than nothing.

You are absolutely suggesting above it is ok to put out an announcement today (by the looks of it), date it in the past and make it look like you told people when it happened which is not only a lie but proves just how devious he is willing to try and be.

I know a lot of customer using LET as support panel, but isn't. This shitty announcement was the first available to all his customer impacted. Something can be wrong, but still better than nothing.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited May 2021

@jsg said: although there was some trace of anger to

This right there! Spot on! My man is literally out here treating clients like some 1 year old. Pushing sale, faking announcement. Such a trashy and fuck you attitude.

It is outright disgusting and intentionally deceitful with the fake “update” in between.

This wasn’t a communication error. This wasn’t a “uh I don’t know what I was doing”. This was intentional.

I believe in transparency when it comes to communications. An adult shouldn’t be out here lying like this. Yuk.

Thanked by 3jsg gazmull BlaZe

@jsg said: @raindog308 - you are obviously close with (at least) one of cociu's opponents and although I like and value you I think you shouldn't take a position in this here.

I've been a BuyVM customer off and on for 10-odd years (currently am) but paying BuyVM invoices is the extent of my financial relationship with @Francisco. I don't think I'm "closer" to him than any other customer though I've known him/joked with him perhaps longer than the average bear. He's a solid provider which is why I use him.

I am a @cociu customer and my VM there is one of those affected.

I don't think any other providers I use have been involved in this thread.

Thanked by 1stdeyna
  • debaserdebaser Member

@Lee said:

@ben47955 said: Still better than nothing

No, faking an announcement is not better than nothing.

If anything, it’s worse.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

The announcement date should've been the date he posted it, which is clearly not any time between the 15th and the 28th, and in the contents of the announcement is when he should indicate the actual time of the incident, in this case, the 12th of May.

It's just unprofessional to plant a backdated announcement and be all discreet about it.

If he has time to mail new deals and post a backdated announcement, surely he could've sent a mail out to update his customers on the current situation, but obviously that was not what he intended to do.

Uh, dodgy.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@thedp said:
    It's just unprofessional to plant a backdated announcement and be all discreet about it.

No, it's worse. It's deceitful. @Francisco nailed that one pretty well.

Thanked by 1DP
  • ehabehab Member

next BF i know what to post

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@raindog308 said: I also find the idea of a 200-drive NetApp also hard to swallow...aren't they usually like 12- or 24-drive bays?

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen a NetApp with 200 drives...

I've seen a "cold storage" server with 216 x 14TB disks in it, but AFAIK that was a custom-built server with a custom chassis. I don't think there's many off-the-shelf solutions that support so many drives... You could get a WD Ultrastar Data102 (https://www.westerndigital.com/products/data-center-platforms/ultrastar-data102-hybrid-platform) which has 102 drives but AFAIK it's ridiculously expensive.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2021

@ben47955 's main point was it was better that cociu posted an announcement on this website then if he did not, which I think most of us can agree. The fact that he backdated it by two weeks is rediculous, which I think most would agree on as well. I also think that it is pointless to waste bullets on the messenger instead of HS. /back to the drama

This discussion has been closed.