Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 33
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @netomx said:
    so, summary? in less than 2 words, please

BULLSHIT

@bdl said:

@netomx said:

Dropped pizza

He said < 2 words, not <=2 words

Thanked by 3bdl netomx gazmull
  • LeeLee Veteran

@alexvolk said: If one provider doing shit, it doesn't mean another one can come and be on the same level.

Does it make sense now?

At some point, a situation passes a point where any sympathy or understanding for a provider drops so low. We are past that point in my view.

Ok, things like free popcorn may be a bit tacky but it sums up the position.

Thanked by 2BlaZe nonissue
  • bdlbdl Member

@yokowasis said:

@bdl said:

@netomx said:

Dropped pizza

He said < 2 words, not <=2 words

Dropzza

• At the risk of sounding like I'm defending cociu, it's hardly fair to say that he's "staying silent" on the issue when he's made announcements about his plans. They might not have been regular enough for some people's liking, which is understandable, but he did break silence.

The main point I see here is that he's still got a lot of services unaffected by this involucration, so it's business as usual - for me personally, I'm unaffected by this, so it doesn't feel like any sort of scam is going on - just to those around me.

So from that point of view, when there are calls to have his provider tag stripped and that happens, I see people (and providers too, which is the ugly part of this imo) kicking him while he's down and then the vultures swoop down to pick at what's left of the situation.

So I'll say it again, I don't think there's any scam going on here. This isn't an unexpected event, and you'd have to have a completely involucrated brain to claim that anyone is seriously depending on their cociu box for anything even remotely serious, so don't be obtuse.

I'm so glad to be back on LET. The drama here is sometimes better than the deals! Not to mention the rules give me the liberty to involucrate the forums with my shitposting ;)

• veltonvelton Member

@sgno1 said:
    Got this last night, any ideas?

i wouldnt go for this. i have lost all my confident to hostsolution.

i received this too. but my vps still down .

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • aliletalilet Member

@default said:
    This thread opened up something new.

• It is allowed for a provider make opinions and speculations about other providers or other business, without respect.

• It is allowed for a provider to make attacking offers towards another provider; like in this case: create conditions that customers should leave a specific provider, in order to benefit the offer of a different provider.

This is very important history being created. If @cociu will get the provider tag back, I strongly hope he will create conditional offers like these. Maybe other providers will do this too. It seems it's allowed.

I call this: involucrating another provider. This definition seems legit.

He is not provider anymore so this whole point is moot.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • msattmsatt Member

@dahartigan said: So from that point of view, when there are calls to have his provider tag stripped and that happens, I see people (and providers too, which is the ugly part of this imo) kicking him while he's down and then the vultures swoop down to pick at what's left of the situation.

This is all down to cause and effect.
    The point is @cociu HAS screwed up badly and continues to.
    His communication at best is attrocious.
    He cannot be relied on for any quoted dates.
    Providers should earn a reputation and if a providers reputation is effecting others (either providers or customers) then there should be consequences.
    LET benefits indirectly from these dramas (page views / adds etc) but ultimately it is the customers and providers that are effected by it.
    If a provider advertised 80% uptime and rock bottom prices, we could be praising them if they were above 80%. This however does not give a provider the rite to sell at low prices without warning and provide SHIT service.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@alilet said:

@default said:
    This thread opened up something new.

• It is allowed for a provider make opinions and speculations about other providers or other business, without respect.

• It is allowed for a provider to make attacking offers towards another provider; like in this case: create conditions that customers should leave a specific provider, in order to benefit the offer of a different provider.

This is very important history being created. If @cociu will get the provider tag back, I strongly hope he will create conditional offers like these. Maybe other providers will do this too. It seems it's allowed.

I call this: involucrating another provider. This definition seems legit.

He is not provider anymore so this whole point is moot.

When speculations started from other provider, @cociu was still a provider here. Now @cociu may no longer be a provider on LET (hence he may no longer post offers here), but he is still a provider online with a registered business in European Union. A business should respect other businesses and not mingle in their affairs.

• @raindog308
    So am I allowed to speculate and shit about any provider or is it just reserved for some providers.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Maounique
  • Offshore_Solutions is back phishing (geddit?) for forum/site content again. >:)

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • In the past, other providers (eg. Hostdoc) were blasted before they were truly down & out. This ain't any different, as far as I can see.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

This thread has reached unhealthy levels.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@thedp said:
    This thread has reached unhealthy levels.

You could also argue it finally has reached healthy levels ;-)

• angeliusangelius Member
    edited May 2021

@codelock
    So am I allowed to speculate and shit about any provider or is it just reserved for some providers.

Maybe we could say it's reserved for providers with 2 weeks of downtime with nearly no communication?

• WilliamWilliam Member

@default said: A business should respect other businesses and not mingle in their affairs.

No, that is exactly what business is.

Why do you think the business world is fair? It is ruthless.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@default said: It is allowed for a provider make opinions and speculations about other providers or other business, without respect.

This was never forbidden. I do it all the time. If you suck as ISP i'm going to tell you/your customers that and take the customerts. That's business.

It is allowed for a provider to make attacking offers towards another provider; like in this case: create conditions that customers should leave a specific provider, in order to benefit the offer of a different provider.

This also was never forbidden. Refugee and similar offers are absolutely valid. If i offer better service for same or less price i am ABSOLUTELY allowed to advertise that.

I don't see your point. Both of this is even allowed on WHT; which has WAY stricter rules.

You seem to try to argue a moral based point - Business has no morals, only laws.

• drizbodrizbo Member

I wanna see providers post their offers into other providers offers threads.

1st provider:
    my bob offer bla bla bla

then just 2nd provider posts:
    I offer double bandwidth at same spec and price

• WilliamWilliam Member

@drizbo said: I wanna see providers post their offers into other providers offers threads.

The rules for bid that, and that is not what is happening here. Entirely different.

Rule of thumb: If the ISP STARTED the thread (OP) like an ad it is not acceptable, if it is someone ELSE (so an INFORMATIONAL thread) it is. This is simple logic.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@William said:

@default said: It is allowed for a provider make opinions and speculations about other providers or other business, without respect.

This was never forbidden. I do it all the time. If you suck as ISP i'm going to tell you/your customers that and take the customerts. That's business.

Your problem. It seems you are not serious. Noted to avoid you and your ruthless ideology.

It is allowed for a provider to make attacking offers towards another provider; like in this case: create conditions that customers should leave a specific provider, in order to benefit the offer of a different provider.

This also was never forbidden. Refugee and similar offers are absolutely valid. If i offer better service for same or less price i am ABSOLUTELY allowed to advertise that.

Wrong. Refugee does not involve screenshot of cancelling order with other provider.

I don't see your point. Both of this is even allowed on WHT; which has WAY stricter rules.

You seem to try to argue a moral based point - Business has no morals, only laws.

You never heard of business respect and win-win situations. Again, I promise to avoid you and your future excuses.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • drizbo said:
    I wanna see providers post their offers into other providers offers threads.

But this isn't an offer thread?

Thanked by 3fragpic BlaZe William
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@alexvolk said: @seriesn you remind me of someone from delimiter. @MarkTurner who also posted some coupons to burden more.

Well done!

:/ But popcorn? The goal was to never dance on someones dead body. But when the person is alive, but covers themselves under a blanket and "pretends" dead, that's a whole different situation.

I have defended @cociu in this very same forum multiple time. I am also a direct customer, who utilizes his storage box for test and trials.

I have respected cociu for his honesty in the past and now I don't for his dishonesty. Sorry if it came out wrong brother.

You don't dick around your own customer, while shamelessly ask them to spend more money with you. Very non kosher.

Once again, I do apologies to everyone if I have offended you, minus @cociu . Sorry my dude, you deserved it (my comment, not the downtime or other peoples stuff).

Thanked by 3fragpic FrankZ BlaZe
  • eastliueastliu Member

so what will happen next? or nothing?

• drizbodrizbo Member

@kuroneko23 said: But this isn't an offer thread?

No its a new cest-pit. Im saying in general, we're all here for drama and that would spice stuff up.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@eastliu said:
    so what will happen next? or nothing?

More offers and credit promos.

Stay tuned!

Thanked by 2webcraft FrankZ
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2021

@default said: Wrong. Refugee does not involve screenshot of cancelling order with other provider.

It can. There are no restrictions how a refugee offer has to look like.

@default said: Your problem. It seems you are not serious. Noted to avoid you and your ruthless ideology.

I do not even disclose what companies i work for. It's more than you expect, multiple of them advertising here. I also own silent shares in WAY more here than anyone will ever know.

Again, this might be shady but it is not illegal and violates zero rules. I don't care about morals. Morals do not fill my bank account or pay my taxes.

@default said: You never heard of business respect and win-win situations. Again, I promise to avoid you and your future excuses.

I guarantee you that you are customer right now at least at one ISP i own more than 10% of.

It also does not matter what i "heard of" because it works financially for me. I don't give a shit about anything else: i provide a service, EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED/SOLD, customers can take it or leave it. I make enough.

Also i am very well into win-win situations: In my case that often means i gang up with another ISP to take the customers of another, in an absolutely legal way. I win, the other ISP wins, and the customer wins.

• LeeLee Veteran

@William said: No, that is exactly what business is.

Why do you think the business world is fair? It is ruthless.

Exactly this, I mean as members of this forum too many think it is some fair community where providers are here for you only.

They are not, business is business. Have a view, sure but the providers that succeed are the ones that provide not only good service but capitalise on opportunity.

• defaultdefault Veteran

I honestly love this thread. Sorry about @cociu - but I get to put in my blacklist some interesting providers around here. Respect seems to be rarer and rarer nowadays. Thanks you guys @Francisco @seriesn @William . This thread has become something way more than just popcorn drama with special thanks to you.

A dead body gathers all kinds of insects, including wasps which pose as bees.

Thanked by 2dahartigan alexvolk
  • LeeLee Veteran

@default said: but I get to put in my blacklist some interesting providers around here. Respect seems to be rarer and rarer nowadays. Thanks you guys @Francisco @seriesn @William .

Again, I think they will thank you for being put on your blacklist.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Lee said:

@default said: but I get to put in my blacklist some interesting providers around here. Respect seems to be rarer and rarer nowadays. Thanks you guys @Francisco @seriesn @William .

Again, I think they will thank you for being put on your blacklist.

They're welcome.

• Yeah, the real takeaway of the thread is that certain cociu fanboys are now having symptoms of PMS.

As for seriesn and Fransisco, they lost nothing of value because they'd work with customers who understand the value of their product, which, by definition, cociu fanboys don't.

This discussion has been closed.