Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 91
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @bayarea15 said:
    FYI people, I didn't open any ticket, but my $4.95 deal from Dec 12 is now active! So it looks like they are still catching up. No need to keep bugging them unless your whole node is down.

same

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited December 2020

VirMach employs advanced AI and ML to determine which orders should be processed with the highest priority. Idlers have the highest priority followed by people who respect the fact that they are running their stuff on a VPS and don't abuse resources. Orders placed by whiners are automatically demoted to the end of the provisioning queue.

• Have had no problems with the 7 that I got (so far). Seven: Yikes!

• ofitofit Member
    edited December 2020

my $4.51 active too after 3 days. Did not open ticket

• @saibal said:
    VirMach employs advanced AI and ML to determine which orders should be processed with the highest priority. Idlers have the highest priority followed by people who respect the fact that they are running their stuff on a VPS and don't abuse resources. Orders placed by whiners are automatically demoted to the end of the provisioning queue.

Maybe true. I have all 4 of my recent bought idles provisioned and setup. :smiley:

• @saibal said: Don't forget to post your public IP for @brueggus to double your bandwidth and RAM.

@brueggus please double my bandwidth and RAM. Here is my IP:

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@scorcher9 said:

@saibal said: Don't forget to post your public IP for @brueggus to double your bandwidth and RAM.

Hi, I've doubled your RAM. Unfortunately I could not double your bandwidth since the first digit of your IP is unreadable. Thanks for understanding!

Thanked by 2ariq01 scorcher9
  • @scorcher9 said:

@saibal said: Don't forget to post your public IP for @brueggus to double your bandwidth and RAM.

They're supposed to make each octet greater than 255. At least Person of Interest always did.

Thanked by 1scorcher9
  • what was the Status page ?

• @guyz92 said:

@o_be_one said:

@VirMach said: If your VPS doesn't work and you're sure it's not an issue on your end or an issue answered in the knowledgebase, then make a priority ticket for quicker resolution but please note you will be billed if it's something like "install my OS" or other things that you could have basically done on your end like clicking the reboot button or anything in the knowledgebase. Definitely don't make one for just the web VNC not working.

So it's legitimate to create a priority ticket if i can't change boot order (like forcing cdrom only) nor can't mount netboot.xyz from SolusVM panel? My actual mid priority ticket is 5 days old now :( #802988

If you need to boot netboot.xyz, there is a tutorial on how to use "ipxe" on KVM VPS.

I have been using the ipxe to boot netboot.xyz to reinstall my Operating system without mounting any ISO.

As long as you can trigger a reboot, you should be able to quickly interrupt the boot process on vnc console and run DHCP before loading the iPXE image for netboot.xyz over the internet.

You can do a search in lowendtalk, there is a guide on this.

Update:
    How to boot netboot.xyz using gPXE on KVM VPS:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161527/install-any-iso-on-kvm-when-host-does-not-support-remote-or-custom-isos

1. Power-On server
    2. Attach to VNC
    3. Hit CTRL-B at gPXE BIOS prompt for command line
    4. Enter:
      dhcp net0
      kernel http://boot.netboot.xyz/ipxe/netboot.xyz.kpxe
      boot

Wow amazing! i was not aware of that. It works pretty well thanks for sharing ^^.
    I will keep my ticket open because it's still not normal i can't control my VPS correctly. I've tried to reboot from VirMach WHMCS and it didn't worked, i had to go in SolusVM. Some part works on one side, some others on the other side :(.

Whatever, installing Alpine, will be finally able to use my VPS :).

• @VirMach problem with LAKVM25 ? It just stays off, even vnc says "can't connect."

• @thebadass said:

@thebadass said:
    Invoice #1129254 and Invoice #1135504 These two Dallas vps keep showing offline and cannot be used
    Invoice #1133608 shows that the order is cancelled, but I show that it has been paid here, and I hope to verify the refund

@Virmach

Can you give me an answer? I want to know when it will be solved soonest

@Virmach

Why doesn’t my two Dallas vps(Invoice #1129254 and Invoice #1135504 ) start up, and the New Jersey (Invoice #1133608 )one doesn’t open the order for me, then why doesn’t it give me a refund?

• guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited December 2020

I manage to run Windows Server 2019 on the BF Flash Deal using @danielcardosopt 's dd image.

If anybody is interested to install Windows on their KVM VPS, make sure you have more than 20GB storage.

You can run the command below:

Windows Server 2016 trial:

wget -O- 'http://www.danielcardoso.ovh/CDA/VirtIO/Server2016Std.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda bs=1M

Windows Server 2019 trial:

wget -O- 'http://www.danielcardoso.ovh/CDA/VirtIO/Server2019Std.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda bs=1M

The default credential:

Username: Administrator
    Password: Password123

Please make sure that the Disk Driver is set to "VirtIO" and Network Driver "VirtIO" in SolusVM.

• Just after i got a solution and installed my VPS on Alpine, got finally answer to my ticket with full VPS wipe xD. It's ok, i've told they can wipe and kept the ticket even if i've used a non standard way to install my system.

But sadly customer support i had didn't fixed the real problem yet regarding issue with boot order and ISO mount. Maybe i've missed something and it's normal:

• boot order doesn't work from VirMach SolusVM and WHMCS
    • iso mount doesn't work from VirMach SolusVM panel

Let me know if you know something about it, because in case it's something normal i will just continue my life with the service and close the ticket.

• @VirMach How are things going?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

@o_be_one said: Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services

• My house is full of techy stuff.
    • He is fat because he stuffs his face with pork pies.
      See the difference?
      ;)
  • @ethan0804 said: @VirMach How are things going?

No Harakiri, I hope. :D

• @tenpera said:
    @VirMach problem with LAKVM25 ? It just stays off, even vnc says "can't connect."

Just your vps, I've got one on LAKVM25 that's up and working fine.

• artmsartms Member
    edited December 2020

@TimboJones said:

@artms said:

@VirMach said:

@esteemedwashout said: @VirMach When do you plan to activate orders that have been pending and view tickets?

@artms said: @VirMach same question... mine is Active.. but why can not connect to internet...all config seems correct

We have been, and the majority of orders are activated.

If your VPS doesn't work and you're sure it's not an issue on your end or an issue answered in the knowledgebase, then make a priority ticket for quicker resolution but please note you will be billed if it's something like "install my OS" or other things that you could have basically done on your end like clicking the reboot button or anything in the knowledgebase. Definitely don't make one for just the web VNC not working.

(edit) The above is for if you have an "active" service, do not do it for payment issues or pending.

I think I'm a pro who at least knows how to config the network correctly in Linux...
    After re-installed, almost all of your Os provided and clicked even manually re-config for each of them. And 2 days of waiting for support.. I created a priority ticket for help.
    Hope this is not an issue as you recognized necessary to bill.

So you set the static IP in the OS over VNC or you're relying on the panel to set it for you?

In other words, just fix it over VNC yourself.

By default.. the static ip was set up when the system re-installed. and all ip address, mask, and gateway seems correct.. but still can not access the internet.

today, it works..... automatically... and the ticket still there.. i think virmach may do some fix in the back cause actually i do nothing at all...

• My order was provisioned in 2 hours. No need for support tickets, up and idling.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @guyz92 said:
    I manage to run Windows Server 2019 on the BF Flash Deal using @danielcardosopt 's dd image.

If anybody is interested to install Windows on their KVM VPS, make sure you have more than 20GB storage.

You can run the command below:

Windows Server 2016 trial:

wget -O- 'http://www.danielcardoso.ovh/CDA/VirtIO/Server2016Std.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda bs=1M

Windows Server 2019 trial:

wget -O- 'http://www.danielcardoso.ovh/CDA/VirtIO/Server2019Std.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda bs=1M

The default credential:

Username: Administrator
    Password: Password123

Please make sure that the Disk Driver is set to "VirtIO" and Network Driver "VirtIO" in SolusVM.

Thanks but the image cannot be downloaded :'(

• Hey hey, my pending Windows VM on LA10GKVM16 is finally online (no OS). I guess I will use this opportunity to try a network boot install!

• guys anyone had aes-in enabled ? all my vps that bought on this BF none

root@s17:~# lscpu
    Architecture:        x86_64
    CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order:          Little Endian
    Address sizes:       46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    CPU(s):              1
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0
    Thread(s) per core:  1
    Core(s) per socket:  1
    Socket(s):           1
    NUMA node(s):        1
    Vendor ID:           GenuineIntel
    CPU family:          6
    Model:               13
    Model name:          QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Stepping:            3
    CPU MHz:             2199.998
    BogoMIPS:            4399.99
    Hypervisor vendor:   KVM
    Virtualization type: full
    L1d cache:           32K
    L1i cache:           32K
    L2 cache:            4096K
    NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0
    Flags:               fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm nopl cpuid tsc_known_freq pni cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm pti

• @merlinvn said:
    Thanks but the image cannot be downloaded :'(

Why is that? What happened ?

• @ofit said:
    guys anyone had aes-in enabled ? all my vps that bought on this BF none

> root@s17:~# lscpu
    > Architecture:        x86_64
    > CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
    > Byte Order:          Little Endian
    > Address sizes:       46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    > CPU(s):              1
    > On-line CPU(s) list: 0
    > Thread(s) per core:  1
    > Core(s) per socket:  1
    > Socket(s):           1
    > NUMA node(s):        1
    > Vendor ID:           GenuineIntel
    > CPU family:          6
    > Model:               13
    > Model name:          QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    > Stepping:            3
    > CPU MHz:             2199.998
    > BogoMIPS:            4399.99
    > Hypervisor vendor:   KVM
    > Virtualization type: full
    > L1d cache:           32K
    > L1i cache:           32K
    > L2 cache:            4096K
    > NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0
    > Flags:               fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm nopl cpuid tsc_known_freq pni cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm pti
    > 
    > 

Ticket Ticket Ticket!

• @ofit said:
    guys anyone had aes-in enabled ? all my vps that bought on this BF none

> root@s17:~# lscpu
    > Architecture:        x86_64
    > CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
    > Byte Order:          Little Endian
    > Address sizes:       46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    > CPU(s):              1
    > On-line CPU(s) list: 0
    > Thread(s) per core:  1
    > Core(s) per socket:  1
    > Socket(s):           1
    > NUMA node(s):        1
    > Vendor ID:           GenuineIntel
    > CPU family:          6
    > Model:               13
    > Model name:          QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    > Stepping:            3
    > CPU MHz:             2199.998
    > BogoMIPS:            4399.99
    > Hypervisor vendor:   KVM
    > Virtualization type: full
    > L1d cache:           32K
    > L1i cache:           32K
    > L2 cache:            4096K
    > NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0
    > Flags:               fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm nopl cpuid tsc_known_freq pni cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm pti
    > 
    > 

None of mine has AES-IN :smile:

• guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited December 2020

To Enable AES, you need to use a Gen 2 template first.
    I uses the Debian 8.0 Gen 2 in SolusVM to "rebuild" the KVM VPS.
    Once the rebuild is completed, login to SSH to verify.
    This way you can enable CPU 'Host-Passthrough" without opening a support ticket.
    That is SolusVM limitation that the CPU Mode can only be set at per template level.
    If not you need to create a ticket which may take a long time to process that causes inconvenience to Virmach support desk.

• @guyz92 said:
    This way you can enable CPU 'Host-Passthrough" without opening a support ticket.
    That is SolusVM limitation that the CPU Mode can only be set at per template level.
    If not you need to create a ticket which may take a long time to process that causes inconvenience to Virmach support desk.

Any templates with virtualization passthru? :}

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2020

@guyz92 said: >To Enable AES, you need to use a Gen 2 template first.
    I uses the Debian 8.0 Gen 2 in SolusVM to "rebuild" the KVM VPS

This is not so using the CentOS 7 x86_64 Minimal v2 template
    In Frankfort, Buffalo, and San Jose I get cpu pass thru and AES-NI Enabled
    In Piscataway, Chicago, and Los Angeles using the same template I do not.
    Installed Amsterdam with ISO and no CPU pass thru or AES-NI

EDIT: I was trying to say that before everyone starts reinstalling, that it may be location or even node specific.

Thanked by 1bayarea15
  • guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited December 2020

@randomq said:

@guyz92 said:

Any templates with virtualization passthru? :}

Virtualization Passthrough need to load additional config / kernel module at the KVM node itself.

If Virmach enable Virtualization Passthrough, you shall start to hear @VirMach talking about VPS abuse via Nested Virtualization.

Thinking of it, since if somebody here may have bought the $999.99 per year package, running Nested Virtualization on these large KVM VPS make sense. Maybe could even start a summer hosting service :wink:

Thanked by 1yoursunny